• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chance Returns! Day 13 - Bowser Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Krystal: 11%
She's popular enough for Sakurai to at least consider her. But...I just can't see Starfox getting any more characters. Fox, Falco and Wolf are all that are needed. And none of them should get replaced.

Want: 37%
I like her actually. She's a decent enough character, but if she got in....Furries would go nuts... I would not like that.

Little Mac Prediction: 74%
He's seen as the most likely new misc series character. Plus personally I think the new stage confirms him.

Nominations:
Pokemon Trainer x3
Roy
Bowser Jr.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Krystal Prediction: 52%
Well it can go either way from here. Nintendo understands that she is the most wanted Star Fox Newcomer by now I think. But then again she is not that popular in Japan I hear, so that might end it for her. But as I say it could go either way...

Want: 60%
I'd love to try her out, but Fox will always be my favorite SF character. So it wouldn't be so interessting actually...

Little Mac: 89%
A very safe bet indeed :)

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Likeliness: 30%. Krystal is a pretty controversial character, and three Star Fox representatives is more than enough, considering Sakurai doesn't want to cut anybody. She missed her chance in Brawl.

Want: 50%. I never played Adventures so I'm completely indifferent to her.

Little Mac prediction: 85%. He's popular, but there are people against him.

Paper Mario X5

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Alrighty! Krystal!

Prediction: 51%
She IS the most wanted StarFox newcomer, and if Falco or Wolf get dropped, she should be in. However, Sakurai hasn't even started cutting yet, so it's not easy to tell. Like Crap-Zapper said before me, it could go either way.

Want: 70%
She's not a character I desperately wanna see, but if she's in, I'd love the idea of her finally being included.

Little Mac: 73%
I dunno. I've seen people who don't find him as likely pre-E3.

I'm pretty sure Bowser Jr. is next in line, but just to be safe:
Bowser Jr. x5

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Krystal:

Likelihood: 25% - Star Fox can hardly muster any more representation, by now it's looking more and more like a dead franchise than a franchise on hiatus. Even so, it was never so successful that it warrants 4 playable characters, I say it's lucky it even got 3. No way should either Wolf or Falco get cut for her, Falco is Fox's wingman and Wolf is the team's rival, and they're both much more reoccuring and much more important than Krystal. With a straw of luck Krystal might get in, but I can't really see it.

Want: 50% - I don't really care for her either way, I'm completely neutral towards her.

Little Mac Prediction: 80% - I personally feel he has the greatest chance out of any newcomer, along with Palutena, but some people might not feel like that, and some will obviously look too much into Villager's boxing gloves.

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
Krystal Likelihood: 30%. She has a definite chance, and she has definite demand, but the Star Fox cast is really hard to alter right now.
Krystal want: 60%. She'd be a far better star fox rep than three land-masters, and it'd make my girlfriend happy, so that'd be ncie.

Little Mac Prediction: 99%. I don't think there should be any controversy about his inclusion at this point.

Nominations: Toon Zelda/Tetra x5

SirPainsalot

Smash Apprentice
Krystal
Likelihood: 55%
She has a pretty good shot at replacing Wolf/(heaven forbid)Falco, being a solid female choice from the series.
Popularity seems to be in favor of her as well.
The thing is that her inclusion would've made more sense on Brawl, thus she loses on that point.
Want: 50%

Little Mac Prediction: 82.5% I think people will warm up to his great chance of being there, especially with the (relatively) new Punch-out!! game that came a year after brawl people seem to forget about. of course there will be naysayers (red cartoony boxing gloves, oh no) but generallyit should be in favor of him.

Edit: Forgot Nominations
5x Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Krystal
Predict: 45% Popular, but SF probably doesn't get another rep. May replace Wolf/Falco, but Sakurai said he hasn't cut anyone yet
Want:50% I'm pretty neutral about Krystal, would be fine with seeing her playable

Little Mac: 75% Pretty popular, and there was a boxing ring stage shown

Nominate
Bowser Jr x2
Lucas x2
Lyn x1

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Krystal

Chance - 20% - Such a controversial character would make for a poor choice, and I doubt that Star Fox will get another representative.

Want - 35% - Not completely opposed to her, but there are many much better characters out there.

Little Mac Prediction - 95% - With all signs pointing towards him in, I don't think there is much in his way.

Nominations
Lucario X2
Ike X3

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
but if she got in....Furries would go nuts... I would not like that.
Seriously? We're letting the community affect our desire for characters? Can't moderators just delete inappropriate posts? And honestly people keep talking about these perverted furries, but I have yet to see any.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Krystal chance 30% I don't think we have reached the point of the Starfox series to where it is really popular to have 4 reps.

Want- 20% Not really, but I would try her for a second if she was in the game.

Little Mac prediction- 100% Many many hints people listed above support his inclusion is very possible, no way to doubt it.

Nominations-
Starfy x5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Little Mac prediction- 100% Many many hints people listed above support his inclusion is very possible, no way to doubt it.
Man, you're predicting Little Mac's average score for tomorrow, not his likelihood. Even Mewtwo, who is considered a lock scored 88%.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Krystal:
Likelihood: 20%
She just doesn't seem very likely to me, not really sure why.

Want: 0%
Star Fox already has more characters than it warrants IMO, plus I'm not all that fond of her as a character.

Little Mac prediction: 88%

Nominations:
Roy x4
Marth x1

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Well that's how I feel, I hope somehow (in a miracle), people pick 100%.
But it's probably not gonna happen.
Darth Vader and Luke would like to weigh in on the 100% situation.
Luke: "No. No. That's not true. That's impossible!"
Darth Vader: "Search your feelings Luke. You know it to be true."

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Krystal's chances: 45% - She does have unique fighting potential to add to the Smash Roster. So Sakurai might add her for that reason. But the Star Fox lineup is pretty complete. Not to mention so many people are split on her being added.

Would I want use that character? Eh, About 65%. She seems okay to me. Regardless of whatever apparent rabid fanbase that was around in the Pre-Brawl days. But she's not one of my top picks. So I could live without seeing her.

Lil' Mac prediction: 85%. Most people see him as a very possible character. I'm on that list too.

EDIT: Nominations - I nominate Ganondorf 5 times again.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Krystal
Likeliness : 35% Because she is next in line for a new Starfox rep and her pre-Brawl poppularity.
Want : 20% There is lot of characters that I rather have instead of her.

Prediction
Little Mac : 58% I'm not going to be too much optimist considering Ridley and K Rool scores.

Nomination
Jigglypuff X5

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Krystal 57%

Want 100%

Little Mac: 60%

Tharja x3
Zoroark x1
Jigglypuff x1

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
krystal likehood: 40%
I don't see why a fourth starfox rep when the 3 in brawl represent the serie very well and I don't get why the fact that she's a female could help her chances I know she could not be a clone I just don't see how pertinent she could be

want: 50%
not really a starfox fan and I wouldn't really care

little mac prediction: 80%
people seem to be okay with him. Also, I think the leak and the stage thing might make some person raise his likehood so I think he would have a decent score.

nomination:
paper mario x5 (really, I can't wait to rate him)

Groose

Smash Champion
Krystal's Chances: 25% So far, Star Fox additions have been relatively consistent: one newcomer per game. However, the series itself outside of Smash has not been so consistent; we haven't received anything other than a single remake for nearly a decade now. Krystal wasn't even in said remake. All in all, Star Fox has pretty much reached its limit; only Krystal's popularity could push her through now.

Krystal Want: 50% She isn't a character I particularly support, but I can't deny that she has moveset potential. All in all, she wouldn't get me excited for the game, but I would still want to try to play as her.

Little Mac Prediction: 70% I don't think people will be able to bring up strong arguments against him, and many consider him a lock. Even so, there will be naysayers.

Tingle x5! Kooloo-Limpah!

Lightosia

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Light0sia
Krystal: 36% ~
Her time to shine was pre-Brawl. Despite having more support than Wolf (from what I remember), he was the one that got in.
And I don't think would add another Starfox character or swap with Falco/Wolf.

Her % isn't lower only because of the support.

Want: 25% ~
Just not my type of character.

Little MacPrediction - 80.1%

Nominations:
Lucas x2
Jigglypuff x2
Ike

Alban712

Smash Apprentice
Krystal:
Likelihood: 30%: Unfortunately, Star Fox is not as relevant as before and has faded into obscurity, so it getting 4 reps is very unlikely. Still, she is popular and has a little chance of taking Falco's or Wolf's spot.
Want: 80%: One of the potential newcomers with more chances of having an unique design and moveset

Little Mac: 64,5%

Nomination:
Lucina 5x

@tomic

Smash Apprentice
Krystal Likelihood: 20% - She has some demand, but probably not enough. We haven't seen an original StarFox game since Command which makes a fourth StarFox rep unlikely imo. I suppose it's possible she could replace Wolf.

Want: 30% - Really don't like the character, but her move set could be interesting.

Little Mac prediction: 75%

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
I can't write much today because I'm on my iPhone...
Krystal:45%
There hasn't been any new games of star fox so there isn't going to be another rep as in a 4th one. However I think it's possible for wolf to get replaced.
Want:60%
I would mind as much if she didn't make it but I think she has a more unique moveset potential than wolf especially wolf. Fox and Falco are already similar to each other. I don't like that wolf is similar also. In sum, though, I wouldn't mind if its still the same star fox series charects as Brawl.

Predicting little Mac: 89%

Nominations
Takamaru x5

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Krystal

Chance: 55% - She had strong support during the pre-Brawl days but has fallen. There is the possibility that Sakurai has picked up that for this game, though, and as a couple of people have mentioned each game adds a new Star Fox character so if the pattern continues...

Want: 50% - I'm neutral on the character and I feel we have enough Star Fox characters. However, I wouldn't be against her as a playable in smash 4.

Little Mac Prediction: 71% - He's believed by many to be one of the most likely characters so we'll see.

Nomination:
Lucina x2
Lucario x2
Lucas

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Krystal-
48%-Star Fox, hasn't had any new games except for 643D recently, which didn't have her in it.

Want-90%-Part of my top 10 for most wanted reps.

Little Mac-
74%

Lucina 5x

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
What's with you and L nominations? Are you a death note fan or something, and you're just being subtle?
I never really noticed the "L" theme until you pointed it out but it is strange. Actually, I nominate on a whim, though oddly enough today I did try to go with an "Lu" theme.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Let's see...

I think that the likelihood of having of having her be playable is around 50%. It depends on several things. If Sakurai is looking for characters who had popularity pre brawl, Krystal may be fairly likely. Star Fox characters are always among the most well received characters and Sakurai seems to be looking for unique and he can get that with her staff from Adventures.. idk. I really like Krystal so my want is 90%.

I nominate Lucina x5

D

Deleted member

Day for Krystal has ended, currently updating to a new day...

D

Deleted member

flavor later

Krystal has a 27.41% overall in likelihood with 32.86% from Smashboards and 14.3% from GameFAQs. Her want score is a 47.99% overall with 49.54% on Smashboards and 40.45% on GameFAQs.

Day 12 begins! Today, you will be rating Little Mac's likelihood and how much you want Little Mac along with predicting Bowser Jr.'s score for tomorrow. You also have five nominations at your disposal today. The day will end sometimes in the evening of July 8th, 2013.

Fastblade5035 from Smashboards has won the prediction for Krystal! He has five extra nominations at his disposal. Venus of the Desert Bloom still has five extra nominations.

GameFAQs variation is in here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/66665399

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Holy crap Krystal did baaaad.

Little Mac: 40%
Newly revived series after Brawl, and a lot of westernly popularity is really all he has going for him. I really doubt the Boxing Ring is saying "hey guys little mac is confirmed we're just not going show him yet", as that just doesn't seem like something Sakurai would do. Sure it has a lot of Punch Out references in it, but it's not confirmation that he's in.

Want: 5%
Really uninteresting to me and looks bland. Kinda surprised he's so popular. =/

Predicting 54.23% for Bowser Jr.

Nomz: Lucinax5

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Prediction: 95%
Want: 100%

Bowser Jr.: 47.6%

x5 Karate Joe
ONE DAY
Also Mr. Smashfan, I've voted for Karate Joe 20 times now not counting today; x5 twice and then x10 that day I got lucky with my prediction.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Likely 80%

Punch Out popularity has sprung like a rocket in recent years. It took me one trip to Pixiv community for example, to find that there's a lot of JAPANESE entries for Punch Out. Surprisingly, most of them come in Captain Rainbow form first. So Captain Rainbow was the first reminder of this character. Then the Worldwide Punch Out Wii game cemented his popularity a bit more in the east, while it reminded the west why it was so popular nearly 2 decades ago.
The Boxing ring makes it almost certain that Little Mac will be in the game.

Want 100%

Little Mac is one of those characters that should have been available since the first Super Smash Bros. He probably didn't have a lot to work with back then (I.E. he did, he had 4 games under his belt already... or 4 games in the franchise at least).
If you play his game, you will immediately get the idea of how he should play in Brawl.
An in-fighter who punishes opponent's moves. A counterattack that leaves opponents dizzy, and a Star-Punch system where the more stars he gets (up to 3) the strongest his Star Punch will become.

I really don't know when I started wanting him so badly, but his games are enormous ammounts of fun. In fact, after Brawl, Punch Out is the funnest game Nintendo has released in YEARS for me. 3rd favorite Nintendo franchise, and makes me want to pick boxer characters in every fighting game. (Too old to start practicing boxing..)

Bowser Jr. 55%

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Little Mac

Chance:
Strike 1: The new Punchout game.
Strike 2: The boxing ring in the trailer.
Strike 3: The leak.
That puts him at 97% for me.

Want: 75%
Only played Punch Out once but he seems like a cool unique fighter. And what's a fighting game without a boxer anyway?

Nominations:
Geno x 4
Mii x 1

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Little Mac: Likeliness 60%

Want 5%: I have no idea how to make Little Mac interesting in a smash brothers setting at all.

Bowser Jr Prediction: 64%

Nominations: Roy X3, Sonic X2

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Little Mac: 95%
He's good as confirmed.
The Ring.
The Leak.
The fact that he's extremely wanted.
I'm just waiting for the official confirmation now.

Want: 85%
He's a pretty cool character and his series is a pretty fun series. I'd definitely play as him.

Bowser Jr. Prediction: 66%
As far as Mario newcomers go, he's one of the likeliest. Thing is...Mario newcomers aren't exactly wanted as much as other characters.

Nominations:
Pokemon Trainer x3
Roy
Toad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom