• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chance Returns! Day 13 - Bowser Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo: (assuming he gets his original form)

likelihood: 65%

want:65%

Mewtwo X and Y form: ( if we are also considering his new X and Y form otherwise disregard the following)

likelihood:90%

want:95%

Krystal: 37.5%
There are many fans who want her. I think the general audience of people who play smash bros. would be willing to accept her as a newcomer, but the fewer people who hate her scream louder. Smashboards doesn't seem too excited about her.

Lil' Mac x5

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo

Chances: 99.9%
The 0.1% is in case something REALLY stupid happens. Otherwise, he pretty much has it all.

Want: 100%
If he's not in SSB4, I'll lose all respect for Sakurai and won't even bother with the game.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
At some point, characters become eligible for re-nomination. But that won't happen for a while.

Also, nobody has answered my question: has Marth been voted on, and/or is he eligible for nomination?
Marth is eligible. The list of ineligible characters is on the first page under "Veterans and Newcomers".

Keto

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo: 75%
They will use his new form in advertisement for 6th generation pokemon with the original design as a costume.

Want: 50%

Krystal: 47.1%

Sandbag x5

Nitro21

Smash Rookie
Likelihood: 95%
Want:75%
He has a very good chance to be in, and I would like for him to return.

Krystal: 20%

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Likelhood: 95%
That is, 95% in any way, shape, or form. It would be a lot harder to predict how/if they'll incorporate each form.
I can't think of much that is going against Mewtwo honestly. I just find it so amazing that he is starring in a movie at this time because that is so amazingly coincidental...as if his chances weren't high enough already! And cut from Brawl due to time constraints which resulted in huge backlash.
He was so terrible...but he was such a fun character at the same time! I'm hoping he gets a new moveset, but if he keeps his old one with some minor changes to make it actually good, then I certainly wouldn't complain.

Krystal: 35.5%

Nominations: Toad x5

BlueDrago

Smash Rookie
Mewtwo's Likelihood: 90%. Being one of the most requested characters along with bursting back into the public eye with its new form, I find it really hard that Mewtwo's not coming back.
I want Mewtwo: 90%.

Krystal: 50%.

Nominations:
Chrom x2
Masked Man x2
Mike Jones

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Mewtwo

Chance: 95% - He's the most requested character period! That coupled with a Gen 6 appearance makes him the closest thing to a shoo-in.

Want: 95% - He shouldn't have been cut in the first place. Having him and Lucario both in would be awesome.

Krystal prediction: 57% - She has fallen since the Brawl days.

Nominations:
Lucario x5

Reznor

work in progress
Mewtwo

Chance: 90%
hes probably the most requested character and is relevant again thanks to X and Y

Want: 80%
one of the only legendary pokemon I like

Krystal: 40%

Nomination
Paper Mario x3
Waluigi x2

Groose

Smash Champion
I'm not surprised with the Mewtwo love, but I am surprised by how likely people think he will be. Granted, he is one of the more likely characters, but it's definitely surprising seeing hordes of ratings in the 90% range.

D

Deleted member

I'm not surprised with the Mewtwo love, but I am surprised by how likely people think he will be. Granted, he is one of the more likely characters, but it's definitely surprising seeing hordes of ratings in the 90% range.
It's not really. Sure you could consider "competitions" like Zoroark and Genesect, but let's face it, they're just not happening because they don't have what it takes to get in. Mewtwo has THE best résumé for not only any potential Pokémon addition (and heck, even better than Lucario and Jigglypuff and both are likely to return) but for any character period. Even Mega Man, King K. Rool and Ridley can't match up to Mewtow and they're all fantastic choices.

Anyway, ending day now and I am currently in the process of updating.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Mewtwo

Chance: 90%
Why not? He SHOULD be in!

Want: 90%
Favorite from Melee

Krystal: 50%

Nomination
Lucario x5

D

Deleted member

Today was the day when mostly everyone stood in awe of Mewtwo. Mewtwo's showing was absolutely brilliant. The power that Mewtwo possessed feared the audience but captivated them at the very same time. The hope that one day, Mewtwo would return to Smash was in the grapse of everyone and everyone wanted a taste of how Mewtwo would fight.

The scores were overwhelmingly positive. When it came to likelihood score, Mewtwo eclipsed a new level that no other characters had reached before; a towering score of 88.58%. It was clear that fans were very optimistic about Mewtwo's chances of getting in. GameFAQs still thought Mewtwo was very liked with a 82.44%, but Smashboards came out with a score of 90.22%, an unprecedented score for an already unprecedented candidate.

Mewtwo was also incredibly requested by the fans. Its score of 83.96% was unbelieveable as well. Sure GameFAQs only gave a good 67.81%, but Smashboards with a larger audience especially appreciated Mewtwo with a score of 88.34%. After Mewtwo saw the score, it smiled pleasantly, knowing that its expectations had been met. Mewtwo then flew out of the scene, hoping to return one day...

It was a surreal feeling for many fans. To see one of the fan favorites potentially come back, one so deserving of a spot. Many fans then began to become nostalgic about Pokémon...

Until many of the realized Krystal had entered the stadium. Immediately she drew mixed reaction from the fans. Many of them loved them, but she also had a legion of haters that wanted her to fall into obscurity. Whatever the case was, she was very polarizing and war between the two extremes were fixing to begin.

Day 11 begins! Today, you will be rating Krystal's likelihood and how much you want Krystal along with predicting Little Mac's score for tomorrow. You also have five nominations at your disposal today. The day will end at 11 PM on July 6th, 2013.

Hippopotasauce, colder_than_ice and Venus of the Desert Bloom (who still has two extra nominations) from Smashboards wins five, four and three nominations respectively. josh bones, 8-peacock-8 and 3Bismyname still have their extra nominations from yesterday.

GameFAQs variation is in here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/66656484

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Krystal, eh?

Likelihood: 25%

I'm really not feeling her chances. I think other potential newcomers would out prioritize her.

I'm indifferent.

Predicting an 84% for Little Mac.

Nominating Ice Climbers x5

Reznor

work in progress
Krystal

Chance: 40% -its possible they might replace Wolf with her

Want: 5% - I hate this character so much

Little Mac 75%

Nominating
Paper Mario x3
Waluigi x2

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Krystal: 40%. She may have an ok shot. If Sakurai is looking at pre-brawl data her name may crop up but, I'm not too positive. Definitely has the uniqueness factor going for her, on the other hand Star Fox already has 3 people. In the end all I can say is. It's up to Sakurai

Want: 50%. I'd be glad she was in but I could live without her being there. She was an ok character in Adventures and Assault imo.

Little Mac: Prediction 78%.

Nominations: Roy X2, Sonic X2, Ike

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
oh boy...

Krystal: 30%
It sounds like Sakurai wants to keep all three spacies, so I doubt there's room for Krystal.

Want: 1%

Predicting 89.73% for Mac.

Nomz: Paper Mario x3, Lucina x2

D

Deleted member

Oh boy, Krystal.

Krystal ~ 35%
Krystal is one as one of the most obnoxious fan base in Smash speculation history and it's pretty obvious why especially since her Smash Boards's club was called yes, the **** Staff (not kidding, go look up the Brawl Character discussion). In a way, I'm glad that I wasn't around for pre-Brawl or I would have ended up hating her. But now that Wolf is in and that there's no one else that would get considered for a spot, this is Krystal's first real shot into the game and potentially her only one.

Krystal's advantage is her Western popularity. She was extremely popular during pre-Brawl (around the same level as Wolf's) and she's still a very popular request in the West to this day, topping the Top 10 as of now (it's just her fans are for the most part, silent, contrary to pre-Brawl and what most people think of her and Smash now). Even if a lot of the requests is based around being a female, it's still popularity and since the fans do want Krystal and she has been requested for such a long time, it does help her case.

Sakurai also seems to note her abilities as a fighter. Sakurai did note that Krystal was valuable in combat in her Brawl trophy description, so it's not like she wasn't capable of fighting. Another thing to note is that pre-Brawl, Sakurai hadn't even heard of Krystal and while this doesn't definitely guarantee her inclusion, her combat ability being noted and the Smash Taunt in the Lylat stage indicates that Sakurai might be looking at her for this game.

However, this is where her positive ends. She runs into several major issues that makes it doubtful for her to appear. First thing is that Krystal is a mixed received character. Krystal is a very polarizing character, considered (if unfairly) to contribute to the downfall of the Star Fox franchise and many fans loathe her as a character, especially in Adventures. It doesn't help that Krystal was always outdone by Wolf in requests in Japan by a far margin and has never been all that popular of a choice. Krystal is going to have to hope that Sakurai places a large emphasis on Western demand (although Little Mac's inevitable status is an indication that Sakurai is focusing more on the West). If so, then she does have a fair shot but if not, she is going to get overlooked.

And she is not replacing Falco or Wolf. If she gets in, she will have to get in as the fourth Star Fox character, which isn't likely.

Want ~ 50%
Don't care if she gets in or not. If she does, great. If not, then I won't blink an eye. Although I will say in her defense that there are worse fan base for Smash 4's speculation scene than Krystal and the staff does look very interesting.

x5 Mii

Predicting that Little Mac gets a 81.43%.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Krystal eh?

Chance: 50%
With StarFox not having a new game recently, she has a slimmer chance comparing to Brawl. I wouldn't be surprised if she does make the roster or DLC if that happens

Again, I'm 50/50 on her for this game. If DLC, then I'm down 100%

Little Mac: 90%

Lucario x5

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Ah the one I've been waiting for, and yet the one I so hate rating, because the grim reality is her chances aren't great.

Krystal's Likelihood: 35%
Her odds aren't good. I think she is slightly more likely than Pac-Man, but that ain't saying much. It's been pointed out time and time again that she has a cult following and as such, I'm not so confident that she is the fifth most requested character around here, as that one guy's pole seems to suggest. Also the lack of her having any significant appearances lately, makes me think that Sakurai may well have never even considered her. That said, if he did so, I feel like she would have a decent shot. I am not one of the people saying Starfox won't get 4 reps. I think the random unevenness in representation stems from the fact that he doesn't care about how many characters from a given franchise are present as long as there are no more than 4 (or 5 in special cases such as Mario or Pokemon, though for Pokemon he may even be willing to go a bit higher). I don't think it's Starfox isn't relevant so make sure it only gets two reps or w/e. No it all comes down to what inspires Sakurai.

Krystal Want: 100%
She is tailing only slightly behind Ridley in terms of my most wanted character. Whereas Ridley I want because I want to play as Ridley, Krystal I want because of her moveset potential. While anyone can be given a moveset she could have one that is not only unique but fits her character well (assuming a prefox's involvement Krystal. But if he was willing to go with NES Megaman and Sonic, why not go with an earlier better design for Krystal?)

Little Mac: 70%
I undershot Mewtwo by quite a bit, but I don't think Little Mac, has quite that level of support. That said, he seems like a perfect candidate for a classic new comer to me.

Nominations:
Paper Mario x5

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Krystal - 35%
Want - 45%
+ Last notable Star Fox character
+ Somewhat popular I guess
- General public disinterest in getting another Star Fox character
- May have missed the boat in Brawl

Don't really care about haters, I wasn't around much during Pre-Brawl and I loved Assault. If she gets in then okay, but I'd be fairly annoyed again if we didn't get attention to unarguably more needy franchises like DK, Metroid, F-Zero, etc.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Krystal
Chance: 37% - The StarFox series is already very well represented in Smash. I don't think there is room for a fourth character in SSB4. Her best chance of getting in is for either Falco or Wolf to be dropped in her favour.
Want: 56% - I will welcome her as long as she doesn't use a LandMaster in her Final Smash.

Little Mac prediction: 90%

Nominations: Chrom x9

Morbi

Scavenger
Krystal
Chance: 35%- Adding another Starfox character at this point seems pretty unlikely. Her demand has diminished. No doubt that if Starfox were to get a new rep she would be canidate number 1.

Want: 30%- I would much rather have Wolf. He contributes more to Starfox in my opinion. The game needs more females and villains, so no need to cut a villain for a female. She would still be one of the more unique additions.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Krystal Likelihood: 33.33%
3v31s2.jpg

The whole "Too many representatives" argument is in reality an issue of priority in one's state of mind. The real reason I fear Krystal will not make the cut is being overlooked in her stand of mixed popularity of praise, infamy, and apathy. Nintendo knows that StarFox has the potential to be the promising franchise it once use to be and will not throw it out of the window!

Krystal Want: 100%

Among the traits that I look for in a fun playable character: Combat oriented, Agile, and a well round design in purpose and inspiration. Krystal possesses each of these. I also must admit that the ignorant people here on Smashboards have made my desire for her playability all the more, that they may eat their words!

Lil' Mac: 65%

Nominations:
Waluigi x5

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Krystal - 10%
Krystal is fairly popular, and she would provide a unique moveset to Smash. Problem is, there's no room for her. Star Fox is already up to three characters, all ones who simply deserve to be in more than her, and it seems very unlikely they'll earn a fourth without some serious help via either a ridiculously large roster increase or for Wolf or Falco to unfairly be cut for her. The former seems unlikely given Sakurai's comments on the 3DS, the latter even more so considering she lost out to Wolf in Brawl and didn't even get to be part of the Forbidden Seven. Not impossible, but I'll be very surprised if she's in.
Want - 75% - Not a Star Fox fan, but have liked Krystal ever since her reveal, plus the staff moveset could be quite fun, so should fate smile on her, I'll definitely look forward to trying her out.

Little Mac Prediction - 81.5%
Has the rumor crowd on his side and plenty of other good reasons besides. Should get lots of love, though not Mewtwo level or anything.

Nominations
5x Lucina

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Likelyhood - 8%
Want - 10%

Little Mac - 88.6%

Gosh that was a nice boost in nominations. I'll get to the top someday.
Karate Joe x10
That'll be the day.

Keto

Smash Journeyman
Krystal: 5%
Starfox does not need another rep.

Want: 1%

Little Mac: 60%

Sandbag x5

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Chances: 5%
Want: 0%

I was a major Wolf supporter back before Brawl and right now I feel like the 3 spacies we have are already enough, I would say they are even a bit much, adding another spacy would make it ridiculous.

Little Mac: 66%

Shadow312

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadzcat
Likelihood: 57%
I feel her name was out there alot during Brawl and she is the next Starfox character in line. However, there is quite a few factors working against her, like no new Starfox game - but there is a decent amount working for her as well. Each Smash game has added a new Starfox character and she has unique potential with her staff moveset + another female. Krystal could be added if Nintendo plans for a Starfox game for the Wii U #wishfulthinking

She was my most wanted character in Brawl and is my most wanted character this time around. Aside from Mario/DK/Zelda series, Starfox is the only other one that stands out to me from my childhood. I remember getting the Starfox Adventures game and I loved it. So I have been a big fan of Krystal being included. The staff as her instrument for battle would be a lot of fun, and I would love to have 4 Starfox reps if at all possible.

Lil Mac - 65%

Noms
Jigglypuffx5

Chauzu

Smash Ace
Krystal

Hard one, this one. She seems to be the next in line for a Star Fox rep, and she is a woman. But Star Fox has 3 reps already, and it's doubtful if it will get more. I think my score is reasonable.

Want: 75%

More women for Smash! I liked her in Star Fox Adventures.

Little Mac

Prediction: 73%

Nominations

Scrooge McDuck x2
Phoenix Wright x2
Takamaru

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Krystal.
I don't expect StarFox to get another character.

Want: 20%
Don't care.

Li'l Mac prediction: 75%

Nominations: Ike x 5

@SSBF
The picture of Krystal in the OP is broken. :p

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Popularity: Krystal has some popularity in the US. Not so much in Japan though.

Relevancy: Krystal's probably the best representative left for Star Fox. Slippy and Peppy don't seem very combat-oriented and Andross is commonly just a floating head. Not many recent Star Fox games, unless you count the Star Fox 64 graphical makeover (which didn't feature her). Nothing that has happened since Brawl would help her chances.

Design: This is probably Krystal's strongest point. Give her a staff and a move set inspired by Star Fox Adventures, and she'd be a unique fighter. However, there's actually some amount of overlap with Palutena, another staff-wielding female who uses magic.

Roster considerations: She's a female.

But Star Fox already has 3 reps. Which is relevant because UNLIKE Mario or Pokemon, Star Fox is a relatively small series in terms of both number of installments and sales. I mean come on, Mario and Pokemon games have both sold hundreds of millions of copies. Star Fox games? Around 10 million. It's not ridiculous to think that Mario and Pokemon would and should get more reps.

Sakurai statements: He said that they haven't cut anybody yet. As I said before, he'd probably be more hedgy if that was not the case (since he knows how much cuts bother the fans, and I don't think he would want to get our hopes up), so I think we can take him at his word that they're at least PLANNING to bring everyone from Brawl back at the moment. So I think the scenario of Sakurai purposefully cutting Falco or Wolf in favor of Krystal is unlikely. In addition to the fact that she's less popular than either of them.

Krystal chances: 12%
Star Fox has three reps already. If we get a relatively larger cast (46-50 characters) she's a possibility, but I think 45 is probably about as high as it will go, and I don't think she's high priority. He has a number of other popular characters to pick from, Mario and Pokemon could also get new reps (Mario and Pokemon are by far the two biggest series), and a few other series are less well-represented (DK, Metroid, F-Zero, Kid Icarus). He probably also has one or two unexpected characters (probably none as WTF as WFT tho). I just don't see a lot of room for her.

Krystal want: 51%
(50% is indifference) - for her, I'm only interested because 1. she'd have a unique move set and 2. she's female. So I'm marginally more interested than not.

Little Mac prediction: 85%
It seems people are pretty sure that the boxing ring stage is a Punch-Out!! stage, and I have to say the evidence is pretty convincing that it is. That doesn't prove that he's in, but I think people are pretty optimistic.

Nominations:
5x Simon Belmont

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Krystal: 25% She's a pretty popular character but the series hasn't really been thriving these past few years and Sakurai said he looked to equally represent franchises and not looking to make cuts(wolf). At this point I think it's unlikely that Star Fox gets 4 reps.

Want: 40% The game she originated in was my first Star Fox game and she can bring something to the table but I don't really care that much about her myself or do I think she is needed. This would be at 50% but the furries annoyed me with all their talk of cutting Falco and Wolf.

Little mac prediction 68%

4x Bowser Junior
1x Takamaru

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom