• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Wait does this mean if u fair with the cstick it will move u forward a little bit? If so how does this effect floating peach's retreating fair?

:phone:

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Right, but if I pressed forward, and then used a Fair, wouldn't I gain extra distance? Or am I misunderstanding how it works?

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
Right, but if I pressed forward, and then used a Fair, wouldn't I gain extra distance? Or am I misunderstanding how it works?
I think it acts as if you did a fair using the control stick and then begin moving backwards. Like, instead of going straight back, you'll go the same speed and distance of you doing a normal fair.

Ecks

Smash Lord
I'm not sure if this is what he means, but when using C-stick bair/fair right after a jump input (only from the ground) you would move in the direction you moved the C-stick.

This happens a lot while attempting Mario's short hop>bair>waveland in the demo.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
Brawl's handling of cstick input isn't ignored by whatever reads regular analog input. It registers the cstick as a push in whatever direction for a single frame (you can SWD with it in PM, lol), and causes issues with air control sometimes. This is why in Brawl csticking caused fastfalls, and why you couldn't dsmash with the cstick while crouching; you were already holding down, so it didn't read as a smash input in the same direction.

CSDragon

Smash Journeyman
5 days get hype.

Actually, there never has been an official release date. Just "By the end of March"

Should we just assume "March 31st 11:59 EDT/PDT"?

CORY

wut
BRoomer
5 days get hype.

Actually, there never has been an official release date. Just "By the end of March"

Should we just assume "March 31st 11:59 EDT/PDT"?
no year stated in there. yeah, that's a safe assumption : p march 31, 2013, here we come!

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Taking bets - a super cure for cancer/aids will be found before Project M's completion, proving making a well-balanced and fast-paced Smash game was the harder task all along.

MaxThunder

PM Support
As for the way his write-up was written, it's essentially a jump cancel in that he's canceling the grounded version with the jump button, it just so happens to continue into the air.
using that logic, i could say that falcon punch land cancels... sorta... cause the aerial version is cancelled when you hit the ground, and the grounded version continues...

anyways... i will advise you to word it differently... the way it is now is easy to misunderstand... make it say that you can jump with it or something... something that sounds closer to ho it actually looks...

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
using that logic, i could say that falcon punch land cancels... sorta... cause the aerial version is cancelled when you hit the ground, and the grounded version continues...

anyways... i will advise you to word it differently... the way it is now is easy to misunderstand... make it say that you can jump with it or something... something that sounds closer to ho it actually looks...
I agree with this. Minus all the periods. Unless it takes too much time to edit them.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Yeah, I would have said you can jump while using a grounded side b. It really isn't a cancel, he's just jumping with it.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Wait does this mean if u fair with the cstick it will move u forward a little bit? If so how does this effect floating peach's retreating fair?

:phone:
It only happens on 1 frame of jump, so you won't get it very often if at all.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
I'm a Moron....

That was always my favorite scene of Magic School Bus because I thought he would end up dying. Unfortunately he didn't, not to mention you wouldn't spontaneously freeze like that. You can go up to something like 30 seconds in a vacuum before you pass out, and even then you wouldn't freeze like that.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
bends would be from a rapid depressurization, but in the instance shown on that gif, i think it would be less "the bends" and more "head exploding from latent pressure in your ears/etc... suddenly expanding in the, effectively, zero pressure environment."

ontopic:
any good **** from the tourney this weekend?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I couldn't record because I didn't get any assistance, and my capture device is bad anyways, so I left it at home. Got some pretty interesting moments though, had two straight days of friendlies.

leelue

Smash Lord
Doesn't High, not low pressure cause the Bends?
As an elaboration to what cory said, going from the stable-pressure spacesuit to the OMWTF nonpressure of space is similar to going from the high pressures of deep-sea exploration to the normal pressures of sea level.

EDIT: I used my 500th post on science. Leelue the science dude.
Nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom