• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
So is the demo actually going to be out by next Sunday, or has the deadline been officially pushed up to early April? I find the former to be fairly unlikely given how characters who are fairly close to being finalized (DK, Ness, Bowser) haven't been announced, and I can't see a huge slew of announcements coming in over the course of a week, unless the PMBR is trying to maximize hype.
Idk when demo 2 is coming out, but who says they need to announce every character in the demo b4 it comes out? At the rate they r going and the assumption the demo is coming out in a week or two i doubt they will announce every character b4 the demo comes out

:phone:

NeoZ

Smash Ace
So is the demo actually going to be out by next Sunday, or has the deadline been officially pushed up to early April? I find the former to be fairly unlikely given how characters who are fairly close to being finalized (DK, Ness, Bowser) haven't been announced, and I can't see a huge slew of announcements coming in over the course of a week, unless the PMBR is trying to maximize hype.
There never was a deadline, they'll just release when they feel it's ready.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
There never was a deadline,

That is how it was presented, but it's better that they take their time. Even if the demo will be delayed by much I'm content and very happy that PMBR is working on the game.

I'm also interested about Wolf's shield pressure game, any details on that?

I R MarF

Smash Ace
So I read the page on Wario again on the website and I have a question...

Does anyone else think its weird that Shoulder Bash is Jump Cancellable when it can already be cancelled by crouch? I would understand the inclusion of both if crouching didn't keep momentum from the charge, but since it does, it seems like all the purposes a Wario player could think of could be done with the crouch anyway. Wouldn't shoulder bash > crouch > jump be basically the same of shoulder bash > jump since momentum transfers?

I actually think it'd be more interesting if players couldn't jump cancel and had to crouch and jump to create the "effect" of jump cancelling. It seems more unique considering Ike can also jump cancel from his side-b for mix ups and approaching

Also, can someone tell me how Wario can get punished for missing with shoulder bash when he can crouch and jump from it? Is there only a small window of frames for which he can do so?

leelue

Smash Lord

Does anyone else think its weird that Shoulder Bash is Jump Cancellable when it can already be cancelled by crouch? I would understand the inclusion of both if crouching didn't keep momentum from the charge, but since it does, it seems like all the purposes a Wario player could think of could be done with the crouch anyway. Wouldn't shoulder bash > crouch > jump be basically the same of shoulder bash > jump since momentum transfers?

I actually think it'd be more interesting if players couldn't jump cancel and had to crouch and jump to create the "effect" of jump cancelling. It seems more unique considering Ike can also jump cancel from his side-b for mix ups and approaching

Also, can someone tell me how Wario can get punished for missing with shoulder bash when he can crouch and jump from it? Is there only a small window of frames for which he can do so?
Unless I'm wrong (pfft, yeah right), Wario doesn't jump cancel his shoulder bash: he jumps while in it.

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498

It's not really a cancel. More like a continuation.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Unless I'm wrong (pfft, yeah right), Wario doesn't jump cancel his shoulder bash: he jumps while in it.
This is from the website:

After crouching, Wario will then slide, carrying over the momentum from his Shoulder Bash. Coupled with the ability to jump out of Shoulder Bash, this adds to the player's array of options.
I think you are right though, so I assume its a mistake

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Wouldn't shoulder bash > crouch > jump be basically the same of shoulder bash > jump since momentum transfers?

1) No. Wario's Shoulder Bash -> crouch uses its own custom animation and cannot be jumped out of. You wouldn't be able to do Shoulder Bash -> crouch -> jump while retaining SB momentum.
2) If you shield his Shoulder Bash, it has a decent amount of time to punish him for it. You can also outspace Wario's Shoulder Bash with characters like Marth, Ganon, Mario, etc.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
1) No. Wario's Shoulder Bash -> crouch uses its own custom animation and cannot be jumped out of. You wouldn't be able to do Shoulder Bash -> crouch -> jump while retaining SB momentum.
2) If you shield his Shoulder Bash, it has a decent amount of time to punish him for it. You can also outspace Wario's Shoulder Bash with characters like Marth, Ganon, Mario, etc.
Could Wario crouch and shield during shoulder bash if he anticipates a counterattack?

I R MarF

Smash Ace
That'd be an impressive feat if you could do that. And can Wario crawl during this special crouch animation? It'd be some goofy shenanigans if he could try and crawl backwards against the momentum to stay in place

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
I've been looking at Gamecube controllers online, and it looks like my choices are to either spend $45 on the white one with a longer cord, or $25 + an extension cord (probably like $10) for a normal one. I'd prefer to save the ~$10, but would the extension cord be likely to lag the input more than the longer corded one?

oksas

oak-sauce
@Jedi: i bought a set of two controllers off of ebay for about $25, and i'm getting them given to me today so i can test them and see if they're decent or not. cut that in half though, and i got two (hopefully good) controllers for about $12 each. i know it's not nearly as safe as buying new, but can definitely be worth a shot. one of my friends found and bought an almost brand new white controller at a used books/games store in the area for $15, so you never know.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Which YouTube channel has the best most up to date videos?

I would assume JCaesar's channel.
I've been looking at Gamecube controllers online, and it looks like my choices are to either spend $45 on the white one with a longer cord, or $25 + an extension cord (probably like $10) for a normal one. I'd prefer to save the ~$10, but would the extension cord be likely to lag the input more than the longer corded one?
Or just use eBay and craigslist like I do. In total, I've only spent about $50-65 for six controllers. lol.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
I just bought a new 1 online from nintendo, it cost like 32 after tax and shipping but i feel its worth it knowing its brand new

Revven

FrankerZ
That'd be an impressive feat if you could do that. And can Wario crawl during this special crouch animation? It'd be some goofy shenanigans if he could try and crawl backwards against the momentum to stay in place
I answered a lot of this in my stream a week ago.

Wario cannot act out of the crouch out of Shoulder Bash until he is completely done sliding (when the momentum carried over ends) this includes crawling, you're forced to go the direction the Shoulder Bash makes you go. Besides the applications mentioned earlier for it, you can also use it to jab reset opponents if they fail to tech (it has a 3% damage hitbox attached to it). Obviously it's your choice if you want to mix it up by jab resetting them with the crouch for more follow-ups or just hit them with the Shoulder Bash for solid damage.

As for the way his write-up was written, it's essentially a jump cancel in that he's canceling the grounded version with the jump button, it just so happens to continue into the air. Again, if you want to really know quite a bit about Wario I covered what I could more in-depth last week in my stream and I saved the archive: www.twitch.tv/falco400

And I also covered the other characters announced, at least what I knew and you are also given a good view of what the moves look like when they're not just... still images (which do not represent them well at all).

CSDragon

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I have a question about melee mechanics.

When double jumping, you lose all horizontal momentum unless you hold a direction when you do so. Even if you run full speed, hold left/right when you jump but then do a neutral double jump you go straight up.
But if you're sent flying that doesn't happen, your double jump retains your horizontal momentum.

So what determines if double jumping will cancel your horizontal momentum? Is it a specific speed? X frames out of coming out of hitstun?

NeoZ

Smash Ace
They technically already confirmed Smash 4 at last year's E3... They then further talked about it in an Iwata Asks segment shortly after that.
He's saying by the time we hear about it again, not when they announce it, since as you said they already did.

As I read it, he meant it's gonna take a really long time for Nintendo to say anything else, as the last time they said something about it, it was that they hadn't even started cause Sakurai was busy with Kid Icarus.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Don't expect a trailer this year. They JUST started to develop the game since Kid Icarus is done. I just hope it doesn't end up like Pikmin 3 and end up MIA and still be MIA even though it was announced for the Wii-U despite it being intended for the Wii.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
I answered a lot of this in my stream a week ago.

.Again, if you want to really know quite a bit about Wario I covered what I could more in-depth last week in my stream and I saved the archive: www.twitch.tv/falco400

And I also covered the other characters announced, at least what I knew and you are also given a good view of what the moves look like when they're not just... still images (which do not represent them well at all).
Sheesh, people should spend more time on Facebook.

I put all the video links for each character with time frames attached:

http://www.facebook.com/ProjectMelee

"Falco400 showcasing some Demo 2 characters:

Wario:

http://www.twitch.tv/falco400/b/312331172

Wario & Wolf 10:06 onwards:

http://www.twitch.tv/falco400/b/312332896

Ike & Toon link 19:00 onwards & Mario 35:46 onwards

http://www.twitch.tv/falco400/b/312340679

Wolf & Charizard 7:25 & Lucario 23:33

Wolf & Charizard 7:25 & Lucario:

http://www.twitch.tv/falco400/b/312336326

Ecks

Smash Lord
Now that I think about it, USmash won't be out until about 2014. I think everyone should just forget about it.

Also, gotta love Ike's easter egg.

Edit: Oh wait, they'll probably dedicate about two years to adventure mode. Make that December 2015.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Melee wall tethers are on a whole different level than LD and DI. With LD and DI they just had to find the values and modify. Wall tethers, as far as I know, simply don't exist in the game. I wouldn't hold my breath for wall tethers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom