• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stunts

Smash Journeyman
I couldn't record because I didn't get any assistance, and my capture device is bad anyways, so I left it at home. Got some pretty interesting moments though, had two straight days of friendlies.
So... there's no way we can see these?

Couch

Smash Cadet
So I'm completely new to character textures, so bear with me, but how do I know which textures are compatible with Project M? And also, how does one go about installing these textures, what exactly do you need? Sorry for the newbocity

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
I couldn't record because I didn't get any assistance, and my capture device is bad anyways, so I left it at home. Got some pretty interesting moments though, had two straight days of friendlies.
:c Sadness.. Who was/were the most popular character(s)

CORY

wut
BRoomer
ouch, that sucks you couldn't get any help with the recording. anything good? or bad?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I'm willing to bet that we will be done before Square finishes Final Fantasy Versus XIII. Seriously, what the hell happened to that game? If there's no release date for the game at E3, I'm calling the game vaporware.

Textures, Vertextures, and model imports will work fine as long as said file doesn't have disabled bones of any kind.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
I'm willing to bet that we will be done before Square finishes Final Fantasy Versus XIII. Seriously, what the hell happened to that game? If there's no release date for the game at E3, I'm calling the game vaporware.
I'm betting it was just pulled out of Square's *** to satisfy the Sony fanboys who were butthurt after FFXIII went multiplatform.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
So I'm completely new to character textures, so bear with me, but how do I know which textures are compatible with Project M? And also, how does one go about installing these textures, what exactly do you need? Sorry for the newbocity
In vBrawl, record a replay when you're not playing with any textures. Then put the textures in and watch the replay. If it doesn't desynch, then the textures are safe and will not mess up any codeset that they're used in.

If it does desynch, then feel free to throw them out and think lesser of the person that created it, especially if they mislabeled it on BrawlVault.

iLink

Smash Champion
That reminds me, there is going to be a separate wifi/replay friendly codeset correct? What will be the difference between that one and the main codeset, exactly?

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
That reminds me, there is going to be a separate wifi/replay friendly codeset correct? What will be the difference between that one and the main codeset, exactly?
hopefully just the light press option (or whatever else cause the problem) is gone. i almost guarantee more people going to use the replay safe one more.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
:c Sadness.. Who was/were the most popular character(s)
Mattnumbers plays Lucas and secondaries Lucas, as well. I main the Links, and secondary 3/4ths of the cast. (Literally) Dedede was popular, everybody loves Zard and fears Bowser, Melee players would hop on with their Melee main, etc.
ouch, that sucks you couldn't get any help with the recording. anything good? or bad?
Matt helped find some silly stuff still lurking around, made me hate Lucas pummel/Uthrow, and there were a lot of good matches in general. People couldn't decide if people were falling faster than they do in Melee (wut) or if it was slower, so. :awesome:
"F@#$ed up" controls is too strong. I'd say altered, but W/E.
If you're going to a Melee-exclusive tournament to seduce Melee-exclusive players, intentionally bringing a copy of P:M that replicates the Melee experience worse than our standard build would be idiocy.
Really sucks there's no footage of Manifest. Was PM popular there?
Quite so. Probably had 10-15 people hop on for several matches, and a bunch more were watching at random points. Almost all of the feedback was positive. Random "wtf is this Brawl here?" "No, it's P:M" comments happened like, twice.

Highlight of Manifest: I found a local scene. :awesome: How you can play daily and never pop into the state Melee thread, I'll never know.

Samus-T

Smash Lord
I apologize in advanced if this has already been covered, but is the pmbr going to tell everyone ahead of time when the specific release date is, or are you just going to release it out of the blue in the middle of the night

:phone:

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
I apologize in advanced if this has already been covered, but is the pmbr going to tell everyone ahead of time when the specific release date is, or are you just going to release it out of the blue in the middle of the night

The way I learned about Demo 1's release was through All is Brawl. So I think they'll cram in some ad space on that site again for Demo 2.

Anyways what's this I hear about TWO versions of Demo 2? What are the differences and why are there two.

Samus-T

Smash Lord
The way I learned about Demo 1's release was through All is Brawl. So I think they'll cram in some ad space on that site again for Demo 2.

Anyways what's this I hear about TWO versions of Demo 2? What are the differences and why are there two.
I appreciate the response but I would prefer if someone that was actually apart of the team would respond so we all know for sure :p

NeoZ

Smash Ace

Light presses aren't recognized for replays and online, so you'd need a version of the game without them in order to play online.

Ecks

Smash Lord
^I think there was a C-stick issue too.

It's not exactly two versions, rather two .GCTs. One with the code and one without it.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
Oh that's unfortunate. I guess the issue is unsolvable. So I also read that one of the versions(which is the offline one IIRC) has a replay issue. Does that mean the offiline version won't be able to record replays?

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
The main problem I found was that if you trade with a smash while charged with Lucas you still lose your charge. Also Yoshi fair being weird sometimes.

Lucas feels great. Bair is so much smoother now, Uthrow is really good (Shadic is totally going to nerf it though), PKF is a lot less spammy and there is actually a reason to use it on the ground now (it goes faster/farther), dtilt is amazing.

I just wish dair would ground bounce and I miss the old size of Psi Magnet.

Other bad stuff:
Uthrow/Dthrow might be overpowered, Uthrow kills really early and Dthrow sets up combos REALLY easily. Dsmash still does ridiculous damage, and I think it should last a bit longer (just make it kind of like Link's Usmash where the first two hits are weak and lead into a strong third)
Dtilt is kind of annoying because it sort of just sticks you in place for a while before it starts bouncing you, although it doesn't actually combo into itself much I don't think (it's just easy to get stuck in). Utilt still seems a bit janky but it might just be me.

Other than that I really like him and think he feels solid, good job SHeLL, Specks, and whoever else worked on him.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
Correct. That's why the other version would technically be a wifi / replay file build.
That is REALLY inconvenient. So that means the offline version is better suited for players with external recording devices, like dazzles, HD PVR's etc(assuming the players always record their matches). So let me summarize what I've said. Offline build cannot record replays, so the player(s) will need to find another way to record his/her matches live of course. The Wifi build is capable of offline play, with slightly different controls(I think) and is able to capture replays without fail. In short the new Wifi build is pretty much what we've been playing, which is Demo 1 but with updated character roster/stages along with a new codeset. I don't mean to come off as an ******* but let's be real here. Which of the two builds is the most useful?

iLink

Smash Champion
That is REALLY inconvenient. So that means the offline version is better suited for players with external recording devices, like dazzles, HD PVR's etc(assuming the players always record their matches). So let me summarize what I've said. Offline build cannot record replays, so the player(s) will need to find another way to record his/her matches live of course. The Wifi build is capable of offline play, with slightly different controls(I think) and is able to capture replays without fail. In short the new Wifi build is pretty much what we've been playing, which is Demo 1 but with updated character roster/stages along with a new codeset. I don't mean to come off as an ******* but let's be real here. Which of the two builds is the most useful?
People that care about wifi/replay will use the modded codeset.

People that don't care will use the regular controls.

What's the issue here?

Revven

FrankerZ
which is Demo 1
You have this wrong, nothing we're releasing is the exact same as Demo 1 gameplay-wise. Both code sets will largely play the same, with only two minor (depending on how you feel though about them they may not be minor) differences.

When we actually release it, you will understand what those two things are better and why we were not able to fix them properly in time for the release.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
People that care about wifi/replay will use the modded codeset.

People that don't care will use the regular controls.

What's the issue here?
Well let me throw a scenario at you. Say your're playing the offline build, you don't have any recording equipment. You do the most insane combo of all time, extremely legit with godlike reads. You look at your opponent with the most trollific face. And then you realize that you can't save the replay for YouTube because the offline build is doo-doo butter and cannot save it.

You have this wrong, nothing we're releasing is the exact same as Demo 1 gameplay-wise. Both code sets will largely play the same, with only two minor (depending on how you feel though about them they may not be minor) differences.

When we actually release it, you will understand what those two things are better and why we were not able to fix them properly in time for the release.
Oh I see, well what I meant by the Demo 1 remark was that in the build, players could wifi and save replays and of course play offline. Whilst in the offline build you cannot do either. I completely understand that the issue cannot be fixed, and I'm not really complaining about that. All I'm saying is the offline build far too inconvenient. We all wanna save replays and "re-live our greatest smash glory", don't we?

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
Well let me throw a scenario at you. Say your're playing the offline build, you don't have any recording equipment. You do the most insane combo of all time, extremely legit with godlike reads. You look at your opponent with the most trollific face. And then you realize that you can't save the replay for YouTube because the offline build is doo-doo butter and cannot save it.
Pretty sure this happens in Melee too.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Although on-Wii replay is indeed a benefit, I don't see why the lack of such would be a setback since Melee, 64, and most video games capable of cool crap in general don't have replay either.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Ahhh xD you guys got me..well yeah I guess it will be like melee was. But why strip away the ability to save replays in exchange for an added control effect in the first place?
Because getting the gameplay right is more important than, well, anything else. Especially simple conveniences like replays.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
Because getting the gameplay right is more important than, well, anything else. Especially simple conveniences like replays.
Hmm alright. I'm assuming you fellas had debated this already and are far past it so I'll just drop the subject. Lol is your avi a mix between Richard Simmons, R.O.B. and Leonidis from the movie 300? O_O

leelue

Smash Lord
Hmm alright. I'm assuming you fellas had debated this already and are far past it so I'll just drop the subject. Lol is your avi a mix between Richard Simmons, R.O.B. and Leonidis from the movie 300? O_O
You will show Bob Ross some Goddamn Respect in this piece.
n***a makes da happy trees

Also, gameplay is pretty much universally preferred over replays. It'd be nice to have both, but one clearly takes precedence.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
You will show Bob Ross some Goddamn Respect in this piece.
n***a makes da happy trees

Also, gameplay is pretty much universally preferred over replays. It'd be nice to have both, but one clearly takes precedence.
OHHHHHH he's the guy that does that painting thing lol where he walks his viewers through the process of painting trees and bushes etc. Family Guy did a spoof IIRC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom