• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

leelue

Smash Lord
OHHHHHH he's the guy that does that painting thing lol where he walks his viewers through the process of painting trees and bushes etc. Family Guy did a spoof IIRC
I think the correct word is Homage.
Also, The boondocks did a better one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dhn_TAbvSH8

Seriously, I'm just glad this guy didn't become a surgeon.
The last thing I ever want to hear on the table, as the sleeping gas hits me, is this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKVZa7MULP0&feature=related&t=00m43s

drsusredfish

Smash Ace

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
That is REALLY inconvenient. So that means the offline version is better suited for players with external recording devices, like dazzles, HD PVR's etc(assuming the players always record their matches). So let me summarize what I've said. Offline build cannot record replays, so the player(s) will need to find another way to record his/her matches live of course. The Wifi build is capable of offline play, with slightly different controls(I think) and is able to capture replays without fail. In short the new Wifi build is pretty much what we've been playing, which is Demo 1 but with updated character roster/stages along with a new codeset. I don't mean to come off as an ******* but let's be real here. Which of the two builds is the most useful?
The offline build is the "real" one. The modified one is an alternate version that removes features in order to allow online play and replays.

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
well technically the "real" build is the online/replay capable one since it came first. and the offline one removes features ,like replays and online. to allow light press. works both ways ;) :troll:

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
well technically the "real" build is the online/replay capable one since it came first. and the offline one removes features ,like replays and online. to allow light press. works both ways ;) :troll:
Cool, so we'll just release Demo 2 with Melee-esque triggers first, and wait a week before the "gimped mechanics with working replay" version comes out.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
Btw Nine Thousand Plus One, the top half of Bob Ross's head is identical to Richard Simmon's. So my mistake shouldn't have shocked you O_O

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
A capture card is the only way to get brawl videos off the game anyways, so replays are whatever.

Why they recorded inputs rather then actual video still boggles my mind, oh wait, no it doesnt the wii's 512 mb memory herp derp.

Stunts

Smash Journeyman
Now Shadic, are the confirmed characters all the newcomers in demo 2 or you're gonna suprise us when we play it?

If you don't have the time to announce all the characters, then it's alright with me to do the latter.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
A capture card is the only way to get brawl videos off the game anyways, so replays are whatever.

Why they recorded inputs rather then actual video still boggles my mind, oh wait, no it doesnt the wii's 512 mb memory herp derp.
Well, capturing inputs rather than live game play is a lot better IMO. Capture cards glitch and sometimes skip important frames while recording, well the ****ty ones anyways. Let's face not everyone can afford a fancy pants recording device. :p So by choosing to record live footage you are risking loss of video and audio data as opposed to recording a replay which you can playback over and over and over. Anyways as long as the "no replay" issue is being worked on when the team has some free time then I'm fine with it.

Ecks

Smash Lord
That's most likely not the main issue. It would be very stressing (if not impossible) on the Wii's GPU to render and record at the same time. It would have to do this for every single match ever, because, who knows if you want to save a replay or not. Just imagine 4 ICs on FoD and your Wii on fire!

In short, RRoD.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Ike would be so good. It would come out frame 1, last forever, be the most disjointed move in the game, and allow Ike to fly.

But it's fine, because this game has space animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom