• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Honestly dont care which link has it, it was always odd that THAT was never a link dtilt, especially when the crouch on Ylink, link, and Tlink all involve holding the shield in front of them. Besides the shield stab ***** Gohma :troll:. Fuctionally it can work like marths dtilt.

CSDragon

Smash Journeyman
Nope. Only the first demo is out at the moment. For anything else you would have to apply to be a playtester...

And we like our playtesters active. ;)

(Not to mention that build is basically seven months old now.)
It was released last February.

It's

A

YEAR

old.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
VaNs, technically you have both Falco400 (Cleveland Heights?) and SHeLL (who goes to Case Western) in the Greater Cleveland Area.

Being in Columbus is suffering.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
Have you guys ever thought of giving Mario and Luigi's footstool a set amount of % damage? Like a successful footstool from Mario would yield a 2-4% damage

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Have you guys ever thought of giving Mario and Luigi's footstool a set amount of % damage? Like a successful footstool from Mario would yield a 2-4% damage
Giving something like that to just Mario and Luigi would be way too arbitrary, imo if they wanted to do something like that, make it global.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Don't they function identically to Brawl, except because teching's fixed you can tech them and they're mapped to a specific button?

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
I actually like that idea but mario is good enough he dont need it (i mean his flag does damage through sheilds)

Luigi on the other hand could have it.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
i thought an ellipse wasn't perfectly round...

[Collapse=From Wikipedia]In geometry, an ellipse (from Greek ἔλλειψις elleipsis, a "falling short") is a plane curve that results from the intersection of a cone by a plane in a way that produces a closed curve. Circles are special cases of ellipses, obtained when the cutting plane is orthogonal to the cone's axis.[/collapse]

So to summerise, all circles are ellipses, all shades of yellow produced by a computer screen contain large amounts of green, all squares are rectangles, and all hurtboxes are hitboxes.

It still missed my hitbox.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Giving something like that to just Mario and Luigi would be way too arbitrary, imo if they wanted to do something like that, make it global.
That's not arbitrary... It's an idea based on the mechanics of their games (that jumping on enemies hurts them). Arbitrary would be giving this function to a couple characters who have no relation to jumping and leaving it off from the rest.

Spoon~

Smash Ace

[Collapse=From Wikipedia]In geometry, an ellipse (from Greek ἔλλειψις elleipsis, a "falling short") is a plane curve that results from the intersection of a cone by a plane in a way that produces a closed curve. Circles are special cases of ellipses, obtained when the cutting plane is orthogonal to the cone's axis.[/collapse]

So to summerise, all circles are ellipses, all shades of yellow produced by a computer screen contain large amounts of green, all squares are rectangles, and all hurtboxes are hitboxes.

It still missed my hitbox.
Smart answer attempt followed by bad typo. Summarize*

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
That's not arbitrary... It's an idea based on the mechanics of their games (that jumping on enemies hurts them). Arbitrary would be giving this function to a couple characters who have no relation to jumping and leaving it off from the rest.
RARing is canon to the Mario series yet every character can do it.

Double jumps are canon to... Yoshi, the kirby games, Samus (but not ZSS), and that's basically it.

I mean DK jumps on enemies in his games, if that's the logic why can't DK get it too? Diddy? Yoshi? Wario's footstool should trip or something, like from his games. etc. etc.

If you're going to make one or two footstools special, there's no reason to not make all of them be.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
yoo nawgui, i added you and theprime_ on hon btw :p

To the designers of toonlink:
Please look into the fact that bombs are thrown way too high in comparison to how high they are thrown in melee. Also, if possible, try to adjust their falling speed so it matches (or is close to) the speed of which they fall to the ground.

It may not seem like a very big deal, but really good younglink/ toonlink players use their bombs to their fullest potential by using mindgames with them. things like catching bombs off of shields, throwing up near a ledge as someone as recovering only to catch, throw again and dair, and even simple things like simply throwing up, jumping twice, catching and throwing again. Also throwing

These things just add to the depth to the character, and would be really nice to see back in project:m. Obviously, these things are still possible as of now, but their just much different than in melee since they go higher and fall slower. It's not a PRIORITY.. but just something to note :)

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
RARing is canon to the Mario series yet every character can do it.

Double jumps are canon to... Yoshi, the kirby games, Samus (but not ZSS), and that's basically it.

I mean DK jumps on enemies in his games, if that's the logic why can't DK get it too? Diddy? Yoshi? Wario's footstool should trip or something, like from his games. etc. etc.

If you're going to make one or two footstools special, there's no reason to not make all of them be.
That doesn't change what I said though. Giving a Super Mario Bros. move to the characters who were in Super Mario Bros. isn't "arbitrary" at all.

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
@ the footstool damge conversation

It'd only be like 1-3% damage not like its game changing or any thing. It'd be a nice tribute to their games. just mario and luigi having it is within the "character unique traits" that many characters have. Look at yoshi's double jump armor or lucario aura charge wana make those universal just cause only they have it :troll:

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I'm chill like Nujabes.

I personally think most footstools should do 1% damage, Mario's should do 3, Luigi's should do 2, and the multi-jump characters plus R.O.B. and Peach, and and minus Kirby should do none.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Honestly, I don't think it really matters if mario/luigi get 2% or 3% more on their footstools.

Think about it:
1) Would it REALLY change their gameplay all that much?
2) Does it significantly benefit the characters?
3) Is it worth putting time into? (which could be better spent on more important issues that would help speed up the release of the 2nd demo?)

In my personal opinion, i don't think it really matters. I barely ever even see footstools being used anyways. It's like saying: "make luigi's taunt kick do 3% instead of 1%" or something. I don't know, just my take on it.

plus, i doubt anyone would even notice if they weren't told about it and it was added in

leelue

Smash Lord
I certainly wouldn't, and I wouldn't care either. The technique doesn't get used enough for it to matter enough for the team to have to devote any amount of time to it.

And i do spell moustache with an o. I also spell theatre like I just did. I'm black too, which makes it
*looks at my avatar*
EVEN WEIRDER.

Then again, I put a teabag in my apple juice and microwave it, so I guess I just do everything wrongly.

DVDV28

Smash Apprentice
Think about it:
1) Would it REALLY change their gameplay all that much? Nope (that's a plus by the way)
2) Does it significantly benefit the characters? I would say yes. I would class this as an Easter egg that works well
3) Is it worth putting time into? (which could be better spent on more important issues that would help speed up the release of the 2nd demo?) You're talking about changing 2 values with no additional play testing required. It would be done in less than a minute, totally worth it
10responsesinquotes

`dazrin

Smash Champion
I was just stating my opinion, dvdv28 lol if you think it's "totally worth it" then that's your opinion.

To me, I just think it's completely pointless.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
It would have more of a point than Falcon's knee taunt.

(Note: I'm not arguing for or against it, just responding to the logic here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom