• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Was that the one where if you knee someone, falcon says something? Well, that's also kinda pointless, but at least it's funny/entertaining.

I dunno, I guess I don't just find 2-3% footstools HALARIOUS, productive, or even mildly entertaining. That's just me though :p

Well, I'll stop here cuz that's quite enough from me lol

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
I actually like that idea but mario is good enough he dont need it (i mean his flag does damage through sheilds)

Luigi on the other hand could have it.
It's not a flag, it's his cape from Super Mario World on SNES XD

MaxThunder

PM Support

[Collapse=From Wikipedia]In geometry, an ellipse (from Greek ἔλλειψις elleipsis, a "falling short") is a plane curve that results from the intersection of a cone by a plane in a way that produces a closed curve. Circles are special cases of ellipses, obtained when the cutting plane is orthogonal to the cone's axis.[/collapse]

So to summerise, all circles are ellipses, all shades of yellow produced by a computer screen contain large amounts of green, all squares are rectangles, and all hurtboxes are hitboxes.

It still missed my hitbox.
i see... i think i'm just confused because of differeces with norwegian or something...

Edit: also... i lol at people who think mario has a flag...

stelzig

Smash Lord
A hurtbox doesn't have to have/be a hitbox, and a hitbox doesn't have to have/be a hurtbox. They are definitely not the same, lol. Or they are both boxes, I guess :p

Physically hurtboxes being hitboxes might make sense, but in smash... Nah.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Bare in mind hitboxes and hurtboxes being attached can be a bad thing in some cases. DK is the perfect example, you can fsmash his arm during his ftilt, which sends him flying. One reason why DDD vs Dk was so bad is because Dk's hurtboxes extend during his attacks, so DDD could shield grab anything Dk did. Even Dk's bair, DDD could grab his "foot."

Another example:
Yellow is Yoshi's hurtboxes. Red are hitboxes. The reason yoshi utilt was so good in s64 was because during the move the hurtbox on his head was turned off(blue). Therefore the hitboxes(red) go far and beyond yoshi's active hurtboxes, making the move really safe. This is what we like to call a disjointed hitbox, a hitbox that is detatched from the charaters hurtboxes. Swords dont have hurtboxes, which is why they are so good.

Jonas

Smash Champion

Blue is hurtbox, red is hitbox, Kink-Link5 is wrong.
Well they're really called active hitbox (the damaging part of an attack) and vulnerable hitbox (the damagable part of a character), but "hurtbox" is a pretty commonly accepted shorthand since we don't always bother saying active and vulnerable. Calling the vulnerable part a hitbox is definitely not wrong though.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Saying a hurtbox isn't a type of hitbox is like saying a Grabbox isn't. All encompassing, hitboxes are collision detectors, which then fall into specific categories.

Semantics aside, in touhou, your character's hitbox is ALWAYS referred to as such. I've never heard anyone talking about Reimu's small "hurtbox."

Is Ivysaur's grabbox the same length as her grab animation?

Ecks

Smash Lord
It doesn't matter what they are, they're all there to serve the same purpose.

Also, what's a footstool again? :troll:

metroid1117

Smash Master

Red(SP)

Smash Journeyman
Was that the one where if you knee someone, falcon says something? Well, that's also kinda pointless, but at least it's funny/entertaining.

I dunno, I guess I don't just find 2-3% footstools HALARIOUS, productive, or even mildly entertaining. That's just me though :p

Well, I'll stop here cuz that's quite enough from me lol
I don't even think there would be much of an issue there. Footstooling would more likely be used by multi-jumpers but even then, it's still pretty legit to have such do none for the multi-jumpers themselves. I for one don't use footstooling all that often much like anyone else here, but I'm a sucker for Easter eggs so it's in my nature to look forward to weird things like that.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Oh man, that Utilt looks even more ridiculous than I remember!

About the footstool thing, I don't mind characters having a "special" version of an universal move. It's like Luigi (and now Zelda) having the only taunt with a hitbox. It's just an easter egg that won't have any significant application.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Any plans for a P:M homebrew app? Kinda like the one for B+ that keeps you up to date and gives you the team colors and fitting music?

JetAurion

Smash Journeyman
Semantics aside, in touhou, your character's hitbox is ALWAYS referred to as such. I've never heard anyone talking about Reimu's small "hurtbox."
I am so disappoint that there was a whole discussion on what's what just because ZUN calls it "hitbox".

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I was just making a joke and keeping an otherwise bad meme fresh by crossing it's reference with something else, but I just can't have that can I? No, it just seems that I am magnet for smartassery just for me to counter with more knowledgeable smartassery. Which I'm more than willing to do, as with my "Balloons don't fly" comment, but in all seriousness that shouldn't have gotten carried to the point that it did, and I won't appologise for that fact.

Call it whatever you want.

Any new stage considerations beyond Castlevania and Hyrule 64 for demo 2?

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
Oh man, that Utilt looks even more ridiculous than I remember!

About the footstool thing, I don't mind characters having a "special" version of an universal move. It's like Luigi (and now Zelda) having the only taunt with a hitbox. It's just an easter egg that won't have any significant application.
snake's box taunt hits too and snakes box is useful. zelda has two taunt attacks. She extra special :)
I think one of bowsers taunts hits now too.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
You could also just download the next Demo and install it once as there aren't frequent updates like B+. That way you don't need an "updater app."

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom