• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

genkaku

LOLOL yeah man! happyfeetfalco is ****in halarious

how'd you know? did you make that blog or something?
haha, yeah
my friends and I were trading ideas back and forth as an inside joke and I just decided to put some of them up today.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
oh WOW lol what a coincidence that you also browse this thread then hahaha

i linked it in the bc canada thread and someone asked to make one with this caption:
im gonna stay late. i guess coquitlam stays till like 8-9 to catch their buses? lol

btw daz can u make a pic with caps

did a 80% combo perfect tech chase

gimped by marth at 0%
don't worry, i told him i didn't make it and that i just found them on tumblr lol

metroid1117

Smash Master
Are you referring to teching a shine in general (both P:M and Melee) or just in P:M? In either case, it's possible; I think the only things to be tech-related fixes left in P:M are Melee edge-techs and retention of momentum upon teching.

I had a question earlier in the thread, but it seems to have been buried under posts:

Speaking of Brawl techniques being kept, what about platform canceling? This was actually sort of cool, but I'm curious as to whether it was just caused by static landing detection (and thus removed from the current build). It's slightly faster than wavelanding, since you don't have to go through the 10 frames of animation from a wavedash.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Marth is also faster than all of those which if you think about it doesn't make sense. Well except Ness and Lucas because of their tiny limbs.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Inuits tend to be quite heavy to live in the cold climate, plus parkas aren't exactly the lightest coats.

For the record, Mario weighs 100 in Melee and 98 in Brawl, if you want to use that as the bench mark.

leelue

Smash Lord
Inuits tend to be quite heavy to live in the cold climate, plus parkas aren't exactly the lightest coats.

For the record, Mario weighs 100 in Melee and 98 in Brawl, if you want to use that as the bench mark.
Good point
I'm surprised to see that they changed Mario's weight from the "standard 100".
What's the mean and median weight?
I used to have m2k's compendium of smash knowledge bookmarked, but that was forever ago.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
@leelue

■In Melee, if one measures all the weight and divides it by 26 (NTSC), it will come up 90.33.
■The same can be applied for Brawl, except it has to be divided by 39 and it will get 95.
■These weights in both Melee and Brawl have 3 people tied for the average weight, but not size.

Or in better english. In melee Zelda, Shiek and Peach are the 3 characters directly in the middle of all weights. And in Brawl Ness, Lucas and Pit are the characters in the middle. Or the true "mid-weights"

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Sonic, at rank 19 for weight, is at 95 units, another arguable case for the median.

In Melee, Mario/Luigi/Doc (NTSC), Peach/Sheik/Zelda, and Roy/Mewtwo/Young Link all share the Mode weight at 100, 90, and 85 respectively.

Pit, Lucas, and Ness have the Mode in Brawl.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Kink Link, can you tell us of any transitions between melee and P:M weight classes?

I know Link is heavier now to compliment his new style, but have any other melee veterans changed weight?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Link is his Melee weight. Most veterans are sticking to their Melee weight. I believe Yoshi is a rare exception. Marth is staying NTSC.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
So Yoshi is lighter? Is he Mario weight or less?

Yoshi is more dinosaur-like in Melee so his weight made sense, now he looks cuter so lighter makes sense I guess. :reverse:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I hope there isn't confusion between weight and fall speed. It doesn't look like it, but a few posts do.

Wavebuster

Smash Journeyman
I thought you could also tech a shine if you are in the air, get hit with grounded shine, and are sent into the ground. Don't know if it depends on weight or not.
Landing while suffering nontumble KB in the air simply puts you in ground landing. It has nothing to do with teching, and is the basis as to why CC "reduces lag" as it does.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
So Yoshi is lighter? Is he Mario weight or less?

Yoshi is more dinosaur-like in Melee so his weight made sense, now he looks cuter so lighter makes sense I guess. :reverse:
He weighed more in PAL. He's not going to weigh less than the NTSC version in Project M.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I almost want to say it also has something to do with how fast you rise, but I'm pretty sure PSA shows an attribute for vertical jump speed.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Speaking of weight, (and I am full aware that what I'm about to say isn't at all relevant anymore) but jiggs felt SOOOO heavy in demo1 lol

It was she swallowed some bricks or something

(and i know weight =/= fall speed, which is why i said "felt" heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom