• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Wii version of Goldeneye has no health bar unless you play single player on classic mode. It's Call of Duty 007 pretty much. Hate it.

Looking forward to your stream Monk.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Call of Duty 007 was ok. The level design was boring in single player, but the multi is pretty fun and the controls are great.

And we will most likely be streaming this weekend. Dunno specifically when though. Stay tuned.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
That was the main reason why I didn't get accepted that and didn't post videos cause I have no recorded videos of me playing melee or the demo only brawl and they are bad.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Yeah, we mostly prefer Melee gameplay.

The current version of P:M resembles Melee more than the demo in terms of gameplay, anyways.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
Has there been any noteworthy melee players who have tried and liked P:M? I wonder how M2K feels about it now, I remember seeing him play it a year before the demo came out.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
I've played it with Dr. Peepee a couple of times. He says it's pretty fun but gets hung up on the finer discrepancies from Melee. Says they remind him of Brawl and that's not a good thing in his opinion. He was astoundingly good at P:M even 30 seconds into his first match though.

jalued

Smash Lord
Can you possibly update the "known issues" section on the first page if you have the time?

SOOO... Topic conversation...

Whats the thought's on sonic and are there any overhauls on the horizon? I know fireball stars is in the back room so i'm sure he is in good hands

GPDP

Smash Ace
Say I wanted to upload matches of myself and some friends playing Melee, which may or may not be used toward a potential application to the PMBR... Would such matches be acceptable for review if they were played on Dolphin? As in, is it ok to play a match on Dolphin, record it through Fraps, upload it to Youtube, and use that as part of an application? Or do you only accept matches played on a real console and recorded through a capture card and such?

GPDP

Smash Ace
Unless you're using codes that change the gameplay, what's the difference?
Obviously none, but I wanted to clarify in case there was a policy in place on the matter so as to not waste anyone's time.

I'm going to assume it's ok to use Dolphin gameplay, then. That's good to hear. I think I'm going to be applying soon, in that case.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I've played it with Dr. Peepee a couple of times. He says it's pretty fun but gets hung up on the finer discrepancies from Melee. Says they remind him of Brawl and that's not a good thing in his opinion. He was astoundingly good at P:M even 30 seconds into his first match though.
My understanding is that a lot of PP's issues come down to Brawl visual cues. My opinion is that comes down to him whining that the graphics are frankly better than Melee's.

I can understand why this would lead him not to play the game seriously, since he needs to be in top Melee prime to perform well in that game, but for the same reason his complaints don't seem salient to me. Just a thought.

Although I'll admit Marth does look a ****load better in Melee than in Brawl. (How they managed that, I'll never know.

jalued

Smash Lord
My understanding is that a lot of PP's issues come down to Brawl visual cues. My opinion is that comes down to him whining that the graphics are frankly better than Melee's.

I can understand why this would lead him not to play the game seriously, since he needs to be in top Melee prime to perform well in that game, but for the same reason his complaints don't seem salient to me. Just a thought.

Although I'll admit Marth does look a ****load better in Melee than in Brawl. (How they managed that, I'll never know.
could it be that marth is a bit smaller in melee but his sword is longer relative? And it could be due to how the game inputs commands differently than melee that makes it different

on another note, has sheik's dthrow been converted back to NTSC or was jcesear not using the current sheik?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
My opinion is that comes down to him whining that the graphics are frankly better than Melee's.
The graphics of either game being better than the other comes down to a personal opinion. Brawl has higher resolution textures than Melee, but the actual textures tend to have duller, more faded colors than Melee. And art style is a legitimate reason to call a game's graphics better or worse than a different game's. So if he's getting thrown off by Brawl's uglier (in his opinion) graphics, then that's a valid complaint and opinion to hold, and is not "whining".

Of course, he could also be talking about the different character models (he does play Falco after all), so that really has nothing to do with the graphics at all.

MaxThunder

PM Support
Yeah, we mostly prefer Melee gameplay.

The current version of P:M resembles Melee more than the demo in terms of gameplay, anyways.
if i broke into your house, recorded myself playing melee and ate everything in your fridge... would that... wait...

... i forgot my point... sorry...

Edit: well more like i forgot the latter part of my question... remember, kids: think through your plan beforre executing it...

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
would any one object to making fox falco and wolfs side b easier to do the short illusion? this could be their only buff even if they don't really need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom