• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
So what's the next milestone in P:M? You guys conquered landing detection and ledge occupancy, what's next?

crush

Smash Master
I'm sorry, sticky teching? Wazzat?
omg dude you don't know what sticky teching is? it's a great technique that can be done with any character. its the same as a regular tech except before you hit the ground you hold A+B, and you dont get invincibility, but you immediately stand up in place twice as fast as a normal tech for that character. i totes recommend using it bro :)

edit: dammit jalued

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
lol I got two different definitions. Crush be trollin' me thinks...

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
I guess a more detailed add-on to jalued's definition is:

In Melee, inertia is fairly consistent, whereas in Brawl, teching always absorbs all momentum from the player. Hence, the stickiness.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Nothing interesting. Just testing qualities. Lemme know if you guys wanna see certain characters as well.

http://www.twitch.tv/rikana_rikana

Edit: hope you guys enjoyed my first stream ever. Too bad the lucario cpu combo didn't get saved. That was amazing lol.

Oh wait. It did get saved.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
You hate FoD? Why, exactly?
I usually don't like the stage because I'm not used to the movements of the platforms yet, but once you know the movements of the platforms it can be a fun stage. Especially those under the stage walljump -> upB recoveries.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
You hate FoD? Why, exactly?
I usually don't like the stage because I'm not used to the movements of the platforms yet, but once you know the movements of the platforms it can be a fun stage. Especially those under the stage walljump -> upB recoveries.
It too small for my liking, I like some space to work with, not always being in CQC. Plus the platforms moving is a tad annoying. Sometimes you need to get away just to regroup and catch your bearings again, FoD doesnt let you do that.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Actually though, if I remember correctly from that interview of his, he said that his style of play in Melee is nonstandard because some actions are harder for him, but in Brawl he can play easier because of the customizable controls. He could be someone who would be really interested in a Melee with custom controls.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Yeah I wouldn't see why he won't like it. Its melee'esque and its easier for him to play with.

Omg. We should make a specialized p:m for handicapped people! Let's start with the blinds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom