• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajajayjay

Smash Journeyman
would any one object to making fox falco and wolfs side b easier to do the short illusion? this could be their only buff even if they don't really need it.
Sorry, but I object. Mario's drastically easier up-b walljump was pushing it and he's not even the best character. Also, when I think spacy I think technically demanding.

Rikana

Smash Champion
If shortening illusions is how it is in melee then it's already pretty easy. I'll test later to find out.

:phone:

phurgawtin

Smash Apprentice
would any one object to making fox falco and wolfs side b easier to do the short illusion? this could be their only buff even if they don't really need it.
It would definitely benefit Wolf the most.

Letting him do an early fakeout that is identical to fox/falco's short sideB

and the Long cancelled sideB doesn't force him to freefall straight downward, so if you're far away from the edge, it could end up being a better recovery option.

Rikana

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8uv0nsmm-g

Here's a video of my brother and I from earlier today. Unfortunately I don't have any AV splitters, so my camera was the best I could do and as a result there's no audio. You can still get an idea for how mediocre I am though.
I'm assuming you're posting that video because you want to apply to be a PMBR playtester? You did mention it in a post before so.. just wondering. If you are, please apply on smashmods.com

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
what exactly IS the timing on Fox, Falco and Wolf's illusion? Whenever i tried it with fox it never worked, but when im trying to recover it fakes out. Bottom line is the illusion cancels when I dont want it to lol

Ecks

Smash Lord
The way I cancel it is by pressing b just before they start moving. There are like 2 or 3 points in which the move can be cancelled irc (Not sure about wolf's though). I only remember the short one (full cancel), which is the only one I use.

If it canceled in the air it means you pressed b again at some point. Moves don't have a mind of their own as far as I know. lol

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I didn't know that Wolf could cancel his actually. Is that a new P:M feature or was it in Brawl too? >___>

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
So if he's getting thrown off by Brawl's uglier (in his opinion) graphics, then that's a valid complaint and opinion to hold, and is not "whining".
Whether the graphics are better isn't really the point at all. It was really just a joke. The real point is that if someone is thrown off by different graphics, then they should either get over it or not play the new game. Since P:M isn't actually a game right now, then you can't really blame PP for focusing on a game that is an actual game. And further, you shouldn't necessarily change a game because one player doesn't want to get over aesthetic changes.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
I have to agree with ph00t here... usually the biggest problem involving die hard melee players trying to play P:M is that they go into it thinking its supposed to be melee instead of a game similar to melee.

Rikana

Smash Champion
People have to take out the mindset that theyre playin melee when playing project m. it's a completely new game. it's not gonna work out if you're closed minded.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
I'm assuming you're posting that video because you want to apply to be a PMBR playtester? You did mention it in a post before so.. just wondering. If you are, please apply on smashmods.com
I will apply on smashmods once I have more videos up, but I figured by posting the video here I could get some feedback on how to improve.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Honestly, we've starting with Melee as a starting point, but Melee itself wasn't perfect. It had many design flaws, but we forgave their presence because it was such a good game. Now, we're just making a mroe balanced system.

Those who claim that their character is worse are weird considering that all veteran characters are either just as good or better than their Melee counterparts. The top tiers should be about the same and we continue to double and triple check to fix anomalies. By the end of the development cycle, the top tiers should pretty much be their melee selves.

Most complaints I heard were:

1) Players whp were turned off by momentum problems that are now either fixed or nearing fix completion.

2) Poeple complaining about the game no feeling right because of aesthetics differences despite the fact that characters play exactly as they should.

3) Legitimate problems that are being fixed.

4) Poeple being sore losers.

I think it hsould be told that we are not just hoping to be Melee 2.0. We are hoping to surpass Melee.

My answer to those with complaints: Play the game more than a few times. Get used to it.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
After playing PM, I just have to say, mother****ing Bowser.

After we stopped streaming, I played Bowser almost exclusively, mostly against Yhii. I love how I got him so afraid of FSmash that he started missing the ledge on recovery. Bowser is just so scary now. I mean Falco's still pretty hard but actually managable now.

I still hate Falco though.

P:M is just so much fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom