• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
The wifi waiting room stage. Can that be a normal P:M stage, sand bag and all? i like that stage and i have a feeling the sand bag may be a big help to fighters like lucario, ike, or any fighter with "on hit" type hitboxes, heck even just dealing with projectile spamers.

Rikana

Smash Champion
I don't like the wifi waiting room as a stage. Including the sandbag just makes it even worse in my opinion. Just because you're standing behind a sandbag does not mean they will approach you. They can also stand behind the sandbag and wait for you to approach. Also, most projectiles will knock the sandbag towards you which puts you at a worse position since you're relying on the sandbag as a meatshield.

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
i mean you dont have to camp behinde it but it may add more tactics to the gameplay. like you tech roll behinde the bag if a samus is waiting to punish with her charge shot or it could help you get away from fox and falco shine game if it throws off the the spacie users timing. Its like a waddle Dee that every one can use. Can lucario charge his meter on the bag?

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
After playing PM, I just have to say, mother****ing Bowser.

After we stopped streaming, I played Bowser almost exclusively, mostly against Yhii. I love how I got him so afraid of FSmash that he started missing the ledge on recovery. Bowser is just so scary now. I mean Falco's still pretty hard but actually managable now.

I still hate Falco though.

P:M is just so much fun.
I was getting punished if I tried to get up from the ledge because of FSmash's ridiculous range and priority, so I figured I'd have a better chance landing on the stage and shielding. That didn't really work either.

After you left I played a lot of Wolf with Idea. He's my main now, wait until I develop him some more. We had some good games, they were really fun and we'll definitely play again, providing the opportunity arises.

Project Melee has a lot of potential and it's going in the right direction. However, I don't know what Ryoko was thinking, Zelda is borderline broken.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Has samus goten any buffs? She's not a melee top tier, not even top 10 i think, and i haven't seen any real buffs to her. Did i miss somthing?
Zair has kept the brawl landing mechanics and knockback, so it's an even more incredible spacing move, giving Samus some of the longest attack range in the game. Homing Missile have retained the Brawl movement mechanics, so they turn faster, and generally follow opponents better. Bair is 64 bair, so it controls more space. Usmash is apparently harder to SDI, and does more knockback.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Samus is very good in PM. She plays somewhat similarly to Melee Samus, but as ph00t noted, she has a crazy zair that grants her a ton of new options.

jalued

Smash Lord
If peeps are still complaining about Zelda, then obviously Ryoko did his job well enough that she doesn't need more improvements.
depends why they are complaining though, if she has auto inescapable KO combos are alot of the cast, that might be too much. Even fox's upthrow upair isnt inescapable

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
haha the auto combos on fox?
On everyone, really.

1. Zelda has very large hitboxes and insane priority- on all her moves. Her Din's Fire maintains hitboxes in the air, similar to Sheik's needles on the ground. They're also very potent and are good for camping, edgeguarding, and forcing approaches.

2. If you shield, you're getting *****. If you don't shield, her moves will most likely outperform yours. I beat Zelda by constantly maintaining shield pressure myself as Wolf, or taking her to large stages and camping back.

So, I'm not insinuating there are no plausible options against Zelda, but she is ridiculous.

iLink

Smash Champion
To be fair, Fox and Falco require a much higher level of execution to be broken.

My only gripe with Zelda now is that she seems to be one of those characters that doesn't require too much practice to do well and has some pretty braindead combos. Same reason I kind of disliked Marth and Sheik from the original melee but that's a different story.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
The only real complaint I have about Zelda is that dang Neutral B. :/

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
i dont hate zelda

i just strongly dislike her dash attack

and din's fire not going away when you block where it's planted.
Really? So you can't shield dash towards it to clank it out of the field?

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
So a friend of mine was thinking, when the game is complete and yall are adding some aesthetics for fun....why not give Randall the cloud a :troll: face?

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Aside from some extremely good characters(Zelda) some extremly unfinished ones(IC's). I think the balance is turning out very well for a non balancing phase. Between evenly match players most MU's are within the bounds of 60-40. Some praise is needed to the PMBR for that I think. so yeah...be praised *****s.

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
I was saving that as a super secret strategy to turn some of those matches around. Get at me bro
My bad haha, hope I didn't give it away.
Would love to play with you guys but I'm kind of in South Korea for the next month and a half. Going to Virginia then NC...

Hmm, on-topic: I like how Zamus has that Chun Li footstool that bounces off shields.

Ecks

Smash Lord
I always knew Zelda would end up crazy. But wasn't her demo side b changed because she wasn't good enough (I personally loved all the cancels on the old side b.)?

:phone:

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
I always knew Zelda would end up crazy. But wasn't her demo side b changed because she wasn't good enough (I personally loved all the cancels on the old side b.)?
Yes. It got buffed.

I have trouble against Zelda as it is. Adding MORE buffs will just make things worse. To comment on what previous posts have stated, I LOATHE the idea of making Zelda an "easy mode" character. Side-b spam that can't be blocked? Sounds broken to me.

edit: disregard that. I just don't like fighting Zelda. Just make her side-b blockable and I have no qualms.

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
Yes. It got buffed.

I have trouble against Zelda as it is. Adding MORE buffs will just make things worse. To comment on what previous posts have stated, I LOATHE the idea of making Zelda an "easy mode" character. Side-b spam that can't be blocked? Sounds broken to me.

edit: disregard that. I just don't like fighting Zelda. Just make her side-b blockable and I have no qualms.
But it can be blocked. It's just that when the Din's is on field, it won't disappear until it either hits you, detonates on its own, or if it's attacked by some sort of disjointed hitbox( I only say this because it's the only way I've seen it stopped.). Trying to make it go away with your shield doesn't work. So if Zelda throws out a Din's Fire right over you and you decided to shield, you better roll away because you're just wasting your shield.

What I'd want for Zelda is perhaps her side B from the demo, except it doesn't disappear until somehow it's actively set off with some sort of command.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom