• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
So, I just got my Wii Disc Lens Cleaner today... It didn't work. I decided to call Nintendo Tech Support and they said they would fix the problem free of charge and I would keep all of my save data. All I have on my Wii for homebrew is Riivolution, some emulators, and the Homebrew Channel. If I just delete Riivolution and uninstall the Homebrew Channel and BootMii from my Wii, will there be any trace Nintendo could find?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
not really, but if they do find any trace, they can't do anything about it. the most they ever do is delete HBC

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
So, I just got my Wii Disc Lens Cleaner today... It didn't work. I decided to call Nintendo Tech Support and they said they would fix the problem free of charge and I would keep all of my save data. All I have on my Wii for homebrew is Riivolution, some emulators, and the Homebrew Channel. If I just delete Riivolution and uninstall the Homebrew Channel and BootMii from my Wii, will there be any trace Nintendo could find?
Actually this happend to a friend of mines Wii. Nintendo basically has some program that checks the Wii Ios and they run it on systems now. They sent a letter to my friend basically saying your screwed. or in otherwords SOL. They sent it back with no repairs at all and stated that they will never touch anything with any homebrew app on there including the HBC. I think the only way to properly get rid of it is if you somehow manage to delete it out of your Wii system Ios. I could be wrong though.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Sorry toasty/Monkit. As much as I'd like to go to Brainshock, there's no one from around here that wants to go.

Ohio is notoriously bad for travel. Well, Midwest east in general (except for like INdianaKentuckY because they're awesome).

There's a good chance I'll be in Bloomington, IN for Composer's tournament in July though. Dunno what that means for y'all tho.

:phone:

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Buy a refurbished Wii Disc Drive, take apart your Wii, and swap out the drives.

SO MUCH EASIER than sending it to Nintendo. There's also guides all over the internet on how to do it, and anyone can really.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Sorry toasty/Monkit. As much as I'd like to go to Brainshock, there's no one from around here that wants to go.

Ohio is notoriously bad for travel. Well, Midwest east in general (except for like INdianaKentuckY because they're awesome).

There's a good chance I'll be in Bloomington, IN for Composer's tournament in July though. Dunno what that means for y'all tho.

:phone:
That's like 10 hours away. I'm also pretty sure I'll be working that day anyway. Also, it's a brawl only tourney, so the chance of me going was already slim. ;)

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Seriously, why don't Brawl tournaments have a Melee setup? Even just one, just in case people want to play some Melee.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
lol, fair enough.

Gonna start bringing my cube just in case there's a setup without a Wii attached to it.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Actually it's more likely because at a lot of tournaments there just aren't enough TVs to toss around extra set-ups until after the major brackets are most of the way through... blame people who don't bring set-ups to tournaments!
At that point however, it's not like T.O.s are stopping people from popping melee in. From my experience brawl players enjoy playing both games.

To be fair Wonder Twins there's going to be minus and marvel at my tournament too ;)

iLink

Smash Champion
I don't know what brawl tournaments you go to, but there are almost always melee setups here.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Actually it's more likely because at a lot of tournaments there just aren't enough TVs to toss around extra set-ups until after the major brackets are most of the way through... blame people who don't bring set-ups to tournaments!
At that point however, it's not like T.O.s are stopping people from popping melee in. From my experience brawl players enjoy playing both games.

To be fair Wonder Twins there's going to be minus and marvel at my tournament too ;)
>implying i'd play minus
>implying i can play marvel at all

lol

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
Actually this happend to a friend of mines Wii. Nintendo basically has some program that checks the Wii Ios and they run it on systems now. They sent a letter to my friend basically saying your screwed. or in otherwords SOL. They sent it back with no repairs at all and stated that they will never touch anything with any homebrew app on there including the HBC. I think the only way to properly get rid of it is if you somehow manage to delete it out of your Wii system Ios. I could be wrong though.
I believe that's charizard's cue.

Seriously that is pretty messed up.
ALL WE'RE DOING IS RUNNING A POTENTIAL PIRACY PROGRAM ON YOUR GAME SYSTEM SO STFU AND STOP HATING!
But using it primarily for hax should be fine (not that they'd know what the primary use is when they find out you have it). I don't recall them ever banning Action Replay. So unfortunate.
Such is life.

Spoon~

Smash Ace
I region bricked my wii, told them i couldnt read brawl and sent it in. Nintendo replaced the mobo and hard drive, stuck a new disc drive in there, polished it up and sent it back to me free of charge. Good guys.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
That's like 10 hours away. I'm also pretty sure I'll be working that day anyway. Also, it's a brawl only tourney, so the chance of me going was already slim. ;)
The last Brainshock had melee there. I'm pretty sure Yink don't care about people setting up a tv and system for Melee.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The last Brainshock had melee there. I'm pretty sure Yink don't care about people setting up a tv and system for Melee.
They were talking about a different tournament. They ARE going to Brainshock Beta, as am I.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Because they don't want people to realize what they've been missing all this time.
I love you.

But yeah, I agree... I've been teaching my friend how to do ATs and he's been practicing, and he now has regained a LOT of interest for Melee and now thinks the game is better than he thought it was before. It's kind of a rediscovery of sorts.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I'll be looking forward to using Meta Knight after all the "only use the best character in the game" Brawl players have dumped him. Here's hoping that he's not too technical for me (I'm not good with fast characters).

But even more than that, I can't wait to use Wario. His new side-B looks so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom