• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Do you guys see think the classic controller pro is good for P:M? Do you anticipate any concern about tourney-legality with how it could be set to very easily wavedash, and custom controls in general? How about the lack of pressure-sensitive triggers? If light-shields will someday be implemented, does that mean the ccp is just left out? In my imagination, the workaround would be some kind of combination like [hold up on the d-pad during a regular shield] to make it into a light-shield. Official good-condition GameCube controllers aren't very easy to come across these days (other than online), and the ccp looks like a worthy replacement.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Though when new people play wario they usually spam sideB. >.>
I'd do that just because the move is so awesome >_>

But seriously, I'm probably gonna invest effort into getting good with Wario, now that his moveset is more like it's supposed to be. Brawl Wario was one of my biggest disappointments with the game.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Do you guys see think the classic controller pro is good for P:M? Do you anticipate any concern about tourney-legality with how it could be set to very easily wavedash, and custom controls in general? How about the lack of pressure-sensitive triggers? If light-shields will someday be implemented, does that mean the ccp is just left out? In my imagination, the workaround would be some kind of combination like [hold up on the d-pad during a regular shield] to make it into a light-shield. Official good-condition GameCube controllers aren't very easy to come across these days (other than online), and the ccp looks like a worthy replacement.
We're not going to gimp game mechanics to accommodate inferior controllers. And I doubt we'll set up something to make analog buttons work on controllers that don't have them. Not worth the effort.

Any custom controls will be perfectly tournament legal though. Aside from buffer of course.

Also, it's really not difficult at all to get a new GC controller. Why does it matter if it's online?

Ulevo

Smash Master
With the apparent rumors that Nintendo will be catering to the hardcore gamer, I don't know if I'd be happy or sad if they announced a new Smash game.

Has E3 gone down yet? I'm outta the loop.

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
With the apparent rumors that Nintendo will be catering to the hardcore gamer, I don't know if I'd be happy or sad if they announced a new Smash game.

Has E3 gone down yet? I'm outta the loop.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH
Someone said that?
It's a rumor. I'm willing to put money on it. Since when has nintendo ever intentionally put in competitive depth(inb4example. Seriously. My mind will be blown if someone gives me one.)? Sakurai doesn't understand the finer aspects of competitive play. There'll be someone to take Meta Knight's place.

There will be a new version of garbage tier link.. There always is -_-

BRAWL LINK SHALL BE NERFED! He's so broke.

Winnar

Smash Lord
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH
Someone said that?
It's a rumor. I'm willing to put money on it. Since when has nintendo ever intentionally put in competitive depth(inb4example. Seriously. My mind will be blown if someone gives me one.)? Sakurai doesn't understand the finer aspects of competitive play. There'll be someone to take Meta Knight's place.

There will be a new version of garbage tier link.. There always is -_-

BRAWL LINK SHALL BE NERFED! He's so broke.
MELEE LOL

there's one

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
You guys hear? The new Smash is confirmed, coming to both 3DS and WiiU (Project Cafe's release name), and will be cross-compatible (meaning you can use the 3DS as a controller I suppose).

This is on topic because ... um, it's our competition I guess? Hopefully the WiiU is easy to hack...

Ecks

Smash Lord
Yeah, just saw. But the graphics don't look on par with the ps360 to me.

And is this wiiU an add-on?

ketchup799

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1778-9907-5254
Yeah, just saw. But the graphics don't look on par with the ps360 to me.

And is this wiiU an add-on?
When I was watching the E3 stream I thought it might be an add-on since the videos showed a console that looked almost exactly like the Wii, but after checking IGN it seems like the console just looks very similar and is compatible with wii controllers and games

BinAly

Smash Apprentice
In one of the videos is possible to see the new console, it is not the Wii. Also, they can reach the same graphics as the PS3 and 360.

New Smash announced, but Sakurai will be working on it. I hope he turns back into the hard-core designer he was during the Melee times.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
It's a new (HD finally yay!) console.

I don't really care how it compares to PS360 as long as I can play on an HD TV without lag. I hope that applies when playing Wii (/Gamecube? Please?) games on it.

SHOTTYGURU

Smash Apprentice
In one of the videos is possible to see the new console, it is not the Wii. Also, they can reach the same graphics as the PS3 and 360.

New Smash announced, but Sakurai will be working on it. I hope he turns back into the hard-core designer he was during the Melee times.
i couldn agree with you more i still to this day laugh at TRIPPIN!! wat the hell were they thinkin LOL :awesome:

Ulevo

Smash Master
SamuraiPanda said:
EDIT (6/7/11): Nintendo has announced that Masahiro Sakurai is working on a new Smash game for both the Nintendo 3DS and the Nintendo WiiU, and that these two will somehow work together. No details other than the announcement itself have been released. Development is likely extremely early or hasn't started yet, as Iwata mentioned this will be the made after Sakurai is done with Kid Icarus for the 3DS. We will have no idea as to how many years it will take before the new Smash is completed, but a logical estimate would be late 2013 to 2014.
SamuraiPanda said:
EDIT (6/7/11): Nintendo has announced that Masahiro Sakurai is working on a new Smash game
SamuraiPanda said:
EDIT (6/7/11): Nintendo has announced that Masahiro Sakurai
SamuraiPanda said:
EDIT (6/7/11): Masahiro Sakurai
SamuraiPanda said:
EDIT (6/7/11): Sakurai
SamuraiPanda said:

SHOTTYGURU

Smash Apprentice
And to add my input on link being low tier... dude lets be honest depends on who you play and how

much time they have put into that character tier or no tier i can tell you right now isai could **** alot

of the people in this thread with his SSB64 link.....nuff said

Ecks

Smash Lord
Evilagram, It should have "!?" at the end.

It sure is too bad that this new console has no gcn compatibility. :(
We could play p:m in HD with gcn controllers. (Assuming that we can use at least hackless method of course.)

abcool

Smash Ace
This is not a suprise coming from Nintendo. Even if they release melee 2.0(Which P:M is gonna blow out of the water) We are stuck with those dumb tablets....Does using the classic controller make AT feel as seamless as the gamecube controller?

MaxThunder

PM Support
And to add my input on link being low tier... dude lets be honest depends on who you play and how

much time they have put into that character tier or no tier i can tell you right now isai could **** alot

of the people in this thread with his SSB64 link.....nuff said
well... if someone made a tier of players...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom