• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
It was Iwata.

And there may be 2 new smash games? One for 3DS and one for WiiU?

Otherwise, there is some sort of compatibility shenanigan?

Either way, I've already become jaded from Brawl, and the fact that there is no mention of gamecube controller support on WiiU only makes me more angry.

-DD

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
MELEE LOL

there's one
>implying they intentionally made melee good.

Am I doin' it rite?

edit: Link IS bad in 64. Isai is just amazing with him. His skill outprioritizes the character's trash tier.

Plus, despite me contradicting myself, low tier could just mean that he's worse than everyone else and not really "bad". Dat recovery.

I DON'T WANT A NEW DAMN SMASH GAME. I'M ALREADY EMOTIONALLY SCARRED ENOUGH FROM BWARL.
AND THAT CONTROLLER! IT'S HIDEOUS

As if I want to be looking down at the goddamn touch screen every 3 seconds. I don't know why they're still going with these ******** gimmicks.
I'm seriously going to check before I get smash this time. If it's a pile of bwarl-esque ****, I will not be wasting my goddamn time.

More importantly, if Link is a pile of bwarl-esque **** AGAIN, I will be hunting sakurai down and beating his head in with a bit of lead pipe.

/threats

PeachEater74

Smash Apprentice
>implying they intentionally made melee good.

Am I doin' it rite?

edit: Link IS bad in 64. Isai is just amazing with him. His skill outprioritizes the character's trash tier.

Plus, despite me contradicting myself, low tier could just mean that he's worse than everyone else and not really "bad". Dat recovery.

I DON'T WANT A NEW DAMN SMASH GAME. I'M ALREADY EMOTIONALLY SCARRED ENOUGH FROM BWARL.
AND THAT CONTROLLER! IT'S HIDEOUS

As if I want to be looking down at the goddamn touch screen every 3 seconds. I don't know why they're still going with these ******** gimmicks.
I'm seriously going to check before I get smash this time. If it's a pile of bwarl-esque ****, I will not be wasting my goddamn time.

More importantly, if Link is a pile of bwarl-esque **** AGAIN, I will be hunting sakurai down and beating his head in with a bit of lead pipe.

/threats
Every character is usable in 64, the low tiers in that are basically like, Melee mid tiers. People have won stuff with Samus, Link, and Luigi.

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
Every character is usable in 64, the low tiers in that are basically like, Melee mid tiers. People have won stuff with Samus, Link, and Luigi.
I realize. I've seen 64 and it seems to be fairly well balanced. I'm saying, compared to pikachu and the like Link is bad. How much worse he is (tier gaps) is up for debate.

Bad =/= Unusable.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
Man the more and more I keep looking at that new Nintendo system makes me want it more and more. Nevermind I think I found it.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
People it's tradition for Link to be trash in smash. He's trash in Soul Caliber 2 as well so deal with it.:awesome:

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
Lol you really think you can end a link convo just like that? Lmao link is one of the most popular characters in P:M right now. Its gonna take alot more than that to end link convos

:phone:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Why is P:M so slow compared to melee?
Proptip: It's not. There may be a few things that get it off by just a touch, but the characters are spot-on as far as physics go. The patch will make the demo feel 99% like Melee rather than 90%.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Why is P:M so slow compared to melee?
The demo or the current dev build? The demo has a lot of little things wrong with it that need to be fixed, and we're working on slightly further "Melee-ifying" the rest of the Brawl cast a bit better as well.

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
If (when) smash 4 turns into Brawl 2, if the necessary tools are available (new codes would probably have to be made. I'm sure the new system will attempt to be homebrew resistant too.) are you going to try making Melee 3 on that eventually?

There might be little point in doing that since P:M will outshine smash 4 by far, but it's still a question.

and you've thrown a lot of your life into this. I wouldn't want to do it again either.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I'm pretty sure modifying the STPM and the dynamic Z axis of the camera of the stages can help with that, though I feel like this was said before.

Ulevo

Smash Master
For those of you who have watched Wes's streams, you'd know Project M can be very fast paced. I'd argue at Melee pace. The real problem with Project M looking like its 'slow' is that most people posting YouTube videos are not really competent Melee or Project M players. They goof up, make mistakes, miss L Cancels, drop combos, and don't make efficient decisions. Even the developers who have improved substantially in skill (Thunderhorse's Falco comes to mind) are not up to par with top Melee contenders that give you that rush. I'd also argue that because its Brawl that we're actually modifying, people have problems letting go of the Brawl playstyle and mentality, and don't treat it like a game that has the physics of Melee all the time.

When I watched Wes's stream though, a whole bunch of crazy stuff was going on. It's too bad their streams weren't saved.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
was pretty sure that someone said the reason why it feels slower is due to the camera.

I do have a question though about Zelda/Sheik. Are you guys ever planning on giving them their Melee transform because I was playing Melee yesterday and her transformation time is ridiculously fast. Much more faster than it is in the P:M demo. Now I can understand the time for switching purposes. But is that due to the transformation actually reads from the disc or is it something that you guys don't want. Just wondering. I understand perfectly that the game is supposed to be a Melee 2.0 but was just wondering about this.

JC I watch your streams and Youtube channel they're good :)

IYM!

Smash Lord
For those of you who have watched Wes's streams, you'd know Project M can be very fast paced. I'd argue at Melee pace. The real problem with Project M looking like its 'slow' is that most people posting YouTube videos are not really competent Melee or Project M players. They goof up, make mistakes, miss L Cancels, drop combos, and don't make efficient decisions. Even the developers who have improved substantially in skill (Thunderhorse's Falco comes to mind) are not up to par with top Melee contenders that give you that rush. I'd also argue that because its Brawl that we're actually modifying, people have problems letting go of the Brawl playstyle and mentality, and don't treat it like a game that has the physics of Melee all the time.

When I watched Wes's stream though, a whole bunch of crazy stuff was going on. It's too bad their streams weren't saved.
no, man, the videos of P:M are pretty nice, the players have good skills. Cubaisdeath and Jcaeser are proof of that

P:M is relative new and not totaly equal to melee, so is obvious see a diferent between p:m and Melee.

but i am agree about the lacks of tach skills in P:M videos

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
Oh well that sucks. But anywho they're both powerhouses :) I do admit I do love the way how Zelda/Sheik plays in the demo. Which I'm sure will probably be even better once the patch comes.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
So new smash game coming out... probably Brawl 2, not interested really, just want Project M, Project M 2 for SSB4 coming soon? lol

crush

Smash Master
It was Iwata.

And there may be 2 new smash games? One for 3DS and one for WiiU?

Otherwise, there is some sort of compatibility shenanigan?

Either way, I've already become jaded from Brawl, and the fact that there is no mention of gamecube controller support on WiiU only makes me more angry.

-DD
yep one for 3ds and one for wiiu

aka $901 more dollars worth of cash mooney to spend

Ecks

Smash Lord
Coming soon?

10noes

And I think it's time I let smash go (as in, stop buying them). :(

Oh 64/melee you were always there. I will miss you guys so much. ;_;

:phone:

libertyernie

Smash Ace
I would buy another game like Brawl if it had enough new stuff. I recognize that Brawl is poorly designed for competitive play (hence the need to make P:M), but I still like to play it for fun.

Oh, and someone WILL make an adapter to use a GameCube controller. Eventually.

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
Maybe Sakurai will try to make it appeal equally to competitive/casuals. It wouldn't be as good as P:M but it wouldn't be as bad as Brawl. Hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom