• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
we intended to release the patch like a few weeks to a month after the demo release, so content addition wasn't really considered much. but since it's been a significant amount of time since the demo release, and masses of advancements in game mechanics, character design, and stages have happened, most of us aren't against adding content. absolutely no guarantee on characters, but added stages in comparison to the demo is very likely.
Awesome. You guys are great. 2-4 characters would be nice *cough*ikeeee*cough*
But I don't care either way. I'll let what happens happen. Not like I could influence the result anyway <_<

No guarantee = slight chance though. Even if it's 1%. For that I'm happy.

leelue

Smash Lord
Wow Strong bad, that's the first time I've ever heard anything less than "there will not be any characters in the patch"

BuraiHell
I made a thread about nearly the same thing (snake) on smashmods a few weeks ago. Zero responses.

Evilagram
Getting hit by the Nikita onstage only happens when the opponent has a mild stroke. But then it is actually pretty good.
But yeah, barring medical tragedies that doesn't happen.

SHOTTYGURU

Smash Apprentice
Well IMO that confirmation on some stages being added is nice but the reference from the beggining "There will be no characters added to the patch" was kinda annoying in a sense that its taking longer for a patch then anticipated i have friends here in KY that would be more then ready to play (rather then quit like they already have) if the character they usualy played with was their but i mean like the others have said i dont mind it its up to you guys i will say i have stoped playing the demo because of this.....Iv just decided to wait for the patch and play other games ssb64, melee etc...

Revven

FrankerZ
Here's the deal on adding characters:

Many, MANY of the characters not in the demo are missing core features that the demo characters have and those additions don't take just a day to do. They take awhile mostly because it's only one person that can make those changes, as he understands it the most and knows exactly how it all works. The chances you'll get added characters are very, very low. Does that mean there won't be? No, I'm just simply saying like SB said, we're not guaranteeing new characters.

SHOTTYGURU

Smash Apprentice
Here's the deal on adding characters:

Many, MANY of the characters not in the demo are missing core features that the demo characters have and those additions don't take just a day to do. They take awhile mostly because it's only one person that can make those changes, as he understands it the most and knows exactly how it all works. The chances you'll get added characters are very, very low. Does that mean there won't be? No, I'm just simply saying like SB said, we're not guaranteeing new characters.
that is completely resonable no doubt you know im not on here to bug and or whine about more characters being added its just a thought........you guys are working hard bottom line...hopefully it pays off iv had multiple friends of mine in diffrent states downloading and playing the demo so the patch is something were all looking forward too :bee:

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Brinstar is a ****ing trash stage and anybody who says otherwise is wrong. Seriously, who consciously would CP that stage in Melee? Jigglypuff, and that's pretty much it.

In Brawl it just ****s all over most characters, and then you have a few characters who are fine on it, not particularly good or bad, but good relative to the cast (Wario, GaW, Kirby) and a single character who it works really well for (Metaknight).

I used to love the stage, but as I play more, I'm hating it more and more.

I would not be sad to see the stage gone.

crush

Smash Master
He chose M2K because he's often referred to as "a robot."
He's called a robot because he's technical and he put up a ton of frame data on his website without using action replay. Knowing frame data and being slightly more technical than most amateurs has absolutely nothing to do with the length of the match most of the time.

:phone:

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
Brinstar is a ****ing trash stage and anybody who says otherwise is wrong. Seriously, who consciously would CP that stage in Melee? Jigglypuff, and that's pretty much it.

In Brawl it just ****s all over most characters, and then you have a few characters who are fine on it, not particularly good or bad, but good relative to the cast (Wario, GaW, Kirby) and a single character who it works really well for (Metaknight).

Link was decent in brinstar in brawl =\

Also, my brinstar freezes on any smash mod for some reason.... It works with vBrawl =_=
I didn't even have a custom .pac texture/model thing over it.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Well that's odd, BuraiHell.

Also, has anyone noticed the "melee Rainbow Cruise" in PM? The only change from brawl RC is that I made the donut blocks have no ceiling. You can pass through it from any side, just like Melee's RC. :)

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Defrag your SD card Burai. Brinstar has issues with being fragmented.

And Burai, Link was okay, but he'd rather be on Norfair or something. Yeah, he kills early, that's the only real advantage he has there. Same with people saying it's a good Ganon stage in brawl. It's NOT, it ****S ALL OVER HIM.

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
Defrag your SD card Burai. Brinstar has issues with being fragmented.

And Burai, Link was okay, but he'd rather be on Norfair or something. Yeah, he kills early, that's the only real advantage he has there. Same with people saying it's a good Ganon stage in brawl. It's NOT, it ****S ALL OVER HIM.
Even though I have no file for it?
I'll try that. Thanks for the help :)

He also has less of an issue with his recovery. I think I'm the only Link in the world that disliked Norfair >_<

I'd rather play on frigate. I CP'd frigate on a diddy in a ladder match once.

Lol Ganon. Is there ANY stage in existence that can remedy Brawl Ganon? <_< Hell, I'm sure if there was a stage that gave him his FS every 10 seconds he'd still be awful on it.

GANON ON JUNGLE JAPES! LET'S GO!

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Actually Ganon is fine in most MUs on his CP trio of Pirate Ship (which needs to be legal)/Norfair (which also needs to be legal)/Final Destination or PS1, some people ban FD so PS1 is his backup. Norfair is because Ganon likes ledges, the layout is very good for him making it trouble for many characters to approach him, and some of his almost advantages become even or better here (he wrecks Wario up here, goes from a 60:40 at best for Wario to a 60:40 for Ganon at least). Pirate Ship is a stage where his recovery doesn't hurt him much, and using Aerudo to catch many people off guard and spike them with the bow of the ship is very, very good. Final Destination or PS1 are just large. Ganon needs them because he struggles with pressure, particularly against Metaknight and Marth. Unlike Wario, neither of them give a **** about Ganon's aerials.

Also Ganon has one of the best Final Smashes in the game. I'm pretty sure it's guaranteed out of grounded side-B.

But anyways this thread isn't about Ganon. It's about Project M.

Shenanigans

Smash Cadet
I have seen just about every character played in any stream except sonic, i it because he is hard to use or is no one really that good with him?

Also I like a lot of the stages for the most part and Pit looks awesome, i'm not gonna again ask about the release date for the patch, just wondering if you may or may not be able to give a time line. That way i know if I will have to take my wii with me wen i deploy to the desert. Which isn't very far away, or if I can just wait till after i get back if it will be after sometime next february.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Have you guys considered getting more people on your team so the coding can go faster?
For a team that isn't awfully centralized, there's a natural point in team size where things get less organized and we hit diminishing returns in new members rather quickly. Slapping on more team members isn't a guarantee of greater progress. At one point, the PMBR actually consisted of 100+ people, and we weren't getting things done any faster than we are now.

Plus we have to vet people, make sure they're trustworthy, and be pretty diligent to prevent any leaks from occurring.

cmart

Smash Lord
I have seen just about every character played in any stream except sonic, i it because he is hard to use or is no one really that good with him?
ThunderHorse usually plays Sonic in the JCz streams. He just wasn't around last night. I'm pretty sure you can catch him on some of the recorded streams tho.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion

lol alot more characters than jiggs cp this stage.. ALOT more

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
I've only been cp'ed this stage by Jigs and Peach. Who else is there?
i play spacies so alot of characters will cp that stage like ganon, peach, falcon, jiggs, zelda, sheik, etc. Its common to pick that stage vs fast fallers because of how much of an impact the lava can have vs them

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Oh lol yeah, spacies get ***** there. But it's not the char CPing because they're good there.

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
Actually Ganon is fine in most MUs on his CP trio of Pirate Ship (which needs to be legal)/Norfair (which also needs to be legal)/Final Destination or PS1, some people ban FD so PS1 is his backup. Norfair is because Ganon likes ledges, the layout is very good for him making it trouble for many characters to approach him, and some of his almost advantages become even or better here (he wrecks Wario up here, goes from a 60:40 at best for Wario to a 60:40 for Ganon at least). Pirate Ship is a stage where his recovery doesn't hurt him much, and using Aerudo to catch many people off guard and spike them with the bow of the ship is very, very good. Final Destination or PS1 are just large. Ganon needs them because he struggles with pressure, particularly against Metaknight and Marth. Unlike Wario, neither of them give a **** about Ganon's aerials.

Also Ganon has one of the best Final Smashes in the game. I'm pretty sure it's guaranteed out of grounded side-B.

But anyways this thread isn't about Ganon. It's about Project M.

Ya Ganon's FS wrecks ****. I was exaggerating though @_@
Vermanubis's Ganon has a 90-10 matchup vs everything. Except maybe another vermanubis's Ganondorf. Then it'd be like.. 80-20 for both sides. Don't ask how it's possible.

/exaggerations

Shawn101589

Smash Journeyman
A suggestion for Snake's Nikita: Would it be possible to have two come out at once and have one controlled with the c stick? Have it so making them collide is far more powerful then either of them exploding individually. This would also be good for edge guarding since you could cover multiple options/areas.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I take Fox, Falco, and Captain Falcon there all the time as Donkey Kong. It's all I have left after they banned Jungle Japes.
brawl stuff yawn boring

Renji64

Smash Lord
I hope things going well for the P:M team I been lurking around in the streams I cant wait for the patch. Any news On King D3 in PM: if this question has been asked ignore it then.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
He's coming along well. We've been putting in some work on D3 lately and he's just being polished now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom