• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beorn4200

Smash Apprentice
Hah, I wake up and find that my question instigated some actual Link talk. Brings a tear to my eye.

What's the deal with the " lol, link is still bad but it's cool cus he's not as bad... Thats cool with us " talk?
"considerably less crushing" Isn't exactly the best news on how link's MUs are looking...

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
people don't know what they're talking about. the PM metagame isn't developed enough to know how good Link is. we don't even have a build out that matters at this point.

SHOTTYGURU

Smash Apprentice
people don't know what they're talking about. the PM metagame isn't developed enough to know how good Link is. we don't even have a build out that matters at this point.
harsh words bro.....its just a thought i mean for us non DEVS we have to talk about what we know and that would be PM demo link. if you have played the demo enough you know most of links metagame so far im just sayin...

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
Yea and then brawl was reduced to MK VS MK even in doubles MK+MK vs MK+MK.
Then time wasnt a problem any more
Meta Knight is everything. :3
He's everyone now too.
Everybody has a latent Link main within themselves, he's just always been a bad character. Project M will have more Link mains than Brawl has Metaknight players.

*Maniacal laughter*
Link is everything...
It doesn't work dude ;_;
Then being a Link main won't be special anymore.
I'll have to look into it. It's been a while since I've messed with that move.
Alright. It'd be cool if he could have the first kick have Brawl's KB and have the second kick/animation as melee. Assuming it doesn't hurt him in any way.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
On that note, I can't wait for Meta Knight: M =]
Alright. It'd be cool if he could have the first kick have Brawl's KB and have the second kick/animation as melee. Assuming it doesn't hurt him in any way.
I forgot about vBrawl bair. I vouch for this. That first hit of bair has some great combo potential. It's like a jab, except fancier. :awesome:

slimpyman

Smash Journeyman
this is too true... thats why ive been clockin in more hours in on Melee, then on the P:M demo. it just seems like way too many changes have occured to control the flow of the game that it almost seems stupid to even mess with the demo lately. once the real demo comes out, all we have to do is encourage all the people who hang out on the boards to "delete" all the old demo videos from youtube, so the new vids will more properly demonstrate what the heck is going on.

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
I forgot about vBrawl bair. I vouch for this. That first hit of bair has some great combo potential. It's like a jab, except fancier. :awesome:
Yesz. This guy knows what's up.

MK:M seems like he'd be cool to play. A little puffball with bat wings, clown shoes and mittens cutting everything to pieces at lightning speed. Sounds fun. As long as he doesn't go homo this time.

Beorn4200

Smash Apprentice
I would also love to see this. With the small amount of landing lag from an L cancel on Bair it really might be akin to an aerial jab. It's also really frustrating to only get the first hit at high %s in Melee. The full 14 would be preferred.

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
Frankly, bair -> utilt would be sex. The possibilities!!
I used to use that soo much in vBrawl haha. I also sort of like bair - FH Nair. Sucks that w/o buffer I have trouble hitting a grounded opponent with a FH Nair. @_@ but buffer's stupid so I'll live.
if you hit their shield from behind you can Fsmash to eat their shield.
The first kick of Bair could also lead into a SH bair at mildly high percents. I didn't really use that one much because you can do better things, but it's still there. FF bair - bair - grab would work with P:M Link.

I wonder if bair - utilt - pivot grab would work at lower-mid percents. that'd be sick.

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
Also, Brawl's landing detection on Link's nair. :urg:

can someone post that gif of link nair with brawl LD?
GOD I HATED THAT!
When I was playing Brawl there were too many times where I missed an Nair because of that =_=

In one of the B+ clips I have I missed an Nair like that and it borderline ruined the combo.
Also, I recall me never being able to do bomb - footstool - Nair - jablock because of that. I always had to just settle for Dair.

I've been curious and I was just reminded. On what frame does P:M Nair/Bair come out on?

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
So I guess Nintendo confirmed that Project Cafe has a 6 inch touchscreen on the controller. The link to the article that has the original source is here. My guess is it will just function like a giant DS.

Ecks

Smash Lord
I'd normally say that your post is off topic, but with this being the p:m thread and all...

And I can't wait to get my hands on that p:m Ness and Zamus.

:phone:

iLink

Smash Champion
Just noticed most of the applications have some sort of rating now, that's discouraging D:

Turns out my capture card isn't compatible with my newer computer so I'm just going to have to wait until I can record some stuff with my crew.

iLink

Smash Champion
My assumption was that the team was using those as a way to see who they are interested in. Nevermind then if that isn't the case.

iLink

Smash Champion
The one time it really bothers me is when you try to punish a shielded marth fsmash

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
!

Brawl Vault is gone!

*EDIT* Ok, nvm, apparently they just had server load issues. Also why I posted this in the Project M thread, I will never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom