• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Helsong

Smash Ace
Parents keep bugging the hell outta me if I registered for classes since dropping my younger sis off to college. Tell them I didn't, considering holding off of college for the moment. The ****ing sky is falling.

I'm sorry I'm not so keen on having our family spend thousands of dollars when I'm not even dead set on what I want to do. Not what other people say I should do or what pays a lot, but actually am interested in. Lack of passion leads to half-*** work ethic, and I refuse to let that happen.

I have a job, I hang out with friends, I'm healthy, I don't see what the problem is, I can go back when I'm ready. I don't give a **** what other people are doing or who's "surpassing" me, like it's a ****ing race for who can live their lives the fastest, grand prize being the fleeting, passing approval of judgmental relatives.

I walked my dog for like 2 hours trying to clear my head and now he's spent. I'll need a nap too.
You're absolutely in the right, if you go and pursue a degree just for the sake of pursuing one, it will not turn out well. You have to love what you're studying, because you'll be studying it for four damn years. Any sort of idea of "keeping up with your peers" stops mattering after you graduate high school and people start going their own way. I've had friends and students struggle with that idea a lot. If you're able to keep going the way you are now, then that's ok. I kinda went through something similar myself, though it didn't impact me as much as it did a lot of others. Parent-related frustrations were involved, but they came around. If your parents want you to be happy, then they'll come to understand too.

@Player -0 So when it comes to publishing, it's usually papers or scholarly articles, dissertations, etc on what we've researched, new stuff we've discovered/found out, new ways of doing things, stuff like that. Getting published is a fantastic way to be able to jerk your academia-peen(as it were) among other academia snobs and be taken decently seriously.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
@ PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP You got some splaning to do.
So you are telling me that we beat the last angel. Oh? Well the series must be over then right? Oh, and that shady project, just a glorified intervention program!

C-CONGRADURATIONS.

What is 1st impact, what were the angels' goals? what were Shinji's dad's goals? what was SELEE's goal?. Why was selecting a classmate at 4th child important? Why did Shinji's dad kill his mom? Why was getting rid of that lance important?

You can't just have all this intriguing sci fi stuff and only complete a single character's arc in a HURRYUP WE ARE OUT OF TIME SHINJI NEEDS A SIGNIFICANT CHANGE AS A RESULT OF HIS EXPERIENCES.
MOTHER****ING NEON GENESIS EVANGELION

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
@ PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP You got some splaning to do.
So you are telling me that we beat the last angel. Oh? Well the series must be over then right? Oh, and that shady project, just a glorified intervention program!

C-CONGRADURATIONS.

What is 1st impact, what were the angels' goals? what were Shinji's dad's goals? what was SELEE's goal?. Why was selecting a classmate at 4th child important? Why did Shinji's dad kill his mom? Why was getting rid of that lance important?

You can't just have all this intriguing sci fi stuff and only complete a single character's arc in a HURRYUP WE ARE OUT OF TIME SHINJI NEEDS A SIGNIFICANT CHANGE AS A RESULT OF HIS EXPERIENCES.
MOTHER****ING NEON GENESIS EVANGELION
ignore the plot for now, think about shinji's mental transformation. was gendo right all along? did shinji find happiness? is gendo actually doing what's right for everyone?

have a good cry, think about it for a while
Now watch the movie The End of Evangelion.
then do this and come back to me with your feelings after that

Ok Gainax, this isn't animation anymore, and some of these aren't even drawn, they are actually photos.
that's because they ran out of budget, also all of this is going on while human instrumentality is going on so it's technically all one relativistic trip inside shinji's (and everyone else's) mind (so they have some leeway with design choices)

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
ignore the plot for now, think about shinji's mental transformation. was gendo right all along? did shinji find happiness? is gendo actually doing what's right for everyone?

have a good cry, think about it for a while
I mean, they are happy. I feel that there is little room for interpretation here. Shinji loves himself which was the thing which was holding him back the whole time.
that's because they ran out of budget, also all of this is going on while human instrumentality is going on so it's technically all one relativistic trip inside shinji's (and everyone else's) mind (so they have some leeway with design choices)
I actually prefer it for this sequence but I find it funny it is also budget related.
This thread so far is making me cry.
But Evangelion is a show about a boy learning to BOlive in himself and he repeatedly overcomes the odds but in the end LOL HUMAN INSTRUMENTALITY WINS.

Edit: are we sure the whole point is. LOL YOU CARED ABOUT THE FICTION? GO OUTSIDE AND MAKE SOMETHING OF YOUR LIFE NERD.

Last edited:

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
hotel bae had to cancel cuz she couldnt find anyone to watch her kids

;-;

shes actually playing the games i recommended her holy ****

Lizalfos

Smash Master
well yes, that's also part of the point, don't salivate over stupid things and try to make yourself happy

anno likes to do that

but watch end of evangelion to find out what anno is really like
I guess anno is right, I don't need to understand the sci fi conspiracy stuff that was happening to ask myself the questions that the show posed through them.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
hotel bae had to cancel cuz she couldnt find anyone to watch her kids

;-;

shes actually playing the games i recommended her holy ****
She's actually over at my house. We're watching Lucha Underground.

But Evangelion is a show about a boy learning to BOlive in himself and he repeatedly overcomes the odds but in the end LOL HUMAN INSTRUMENTALITY WINS.
...That sounds dumb yo.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
And yet he still refuses to go the doctor about his hands. That's not gonna end well.

Manaconda

Smash Apprentice
**** that was a clean 3-0 from M2K. Wonder how Leffen's gonna do in GFs now.

Kind of relieved MacD lost to West so I didn't have to see a Peach ditto. And I wonder how Bladewise did so well against a Samus of HugS' caliber. Maybe @Chevy had something to do with it?

And Jesus Christ they're really milking the "DID HE JUST WALK UP SLOWLY AND DOWNSMASH?" meme.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
**** that was a clean 3-0 from M2K. Wonder how Leffen's gonna do in GFs now.

Kind of relieved MacD lost to West so I didn't have to see a Peach ditto. And I wonder how Bladewise did so well against a Samus of HugS' caliber. Maybe @Chevy had something to do with it?

And Jesus Christ they're really milking the "DID HE JUST WALK UP SLOWLY AND DOWNSMASH?" meme.
bladewise is just a god

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
I should probably stop winning stuff. People keep thinking that I'm winning for reasons other than being massively more familiar with the matchup than my opponents :/

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
I should probably stop winning stuff. People keep thinking that I'm winning for reasons other than being massively more familiar with the matchup than my opponents :/
tell them to stop being whiny *******

also can we hold hands at paragon

also when we gonna make PMS group on FB for meetup at paragon

i made the group get in here losers
https://www.facebook.com/groups/483723705121373/

Last edited:
Top Bottom