• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
for any poor people out there forced to eat ramen, after you boil the noodles, put them in a pan with olive oil, a scoop of peanut butter and hot sauce

it's godly

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
for any poor people out there forced to eat ramen, after you boil the noodles, put them in a pan with olive oil, a scoop of peanut butter and hot sauce

it's godly
Poor people need to discover rice and beans; they're affordable, plentiful, and not absolute trash.

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
Just get a slow cooker. Spend maybe 10 minutes cutting veggies, throw them in the cooker with some kind of broth or just water, and let it cook. Come back later, and you've got a stew.

Level up by adding curry paste or spices to future recipes. Goes great on rice, too.

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
How do I handle spacies/shiek

I just did my first two ranked matches on netplay and ran into both of them, and they completely screwed me over. I felt like I wasn't getting off things I usually can get off on other characters, while they were just comboing me into oblivion

I know the matchup for zss against spacies is pretty bad but I feel like I wouldve been screwed over even if I picked a secondary because it was just me not knowing what to do against them, I never face them in friendlies, at school we have a lot of ganon and captain falcon mains so I mostly play against them

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
oh i found it immediately just took way too long to get a decent selfie with it :v
did you leave it on purpose?
No, I forgot it. Even though it was practically staring me in the face while I was getting my crap out of umbreon's car ;-;

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I'm flying out to smashing grounds this week. Check it out on Thursday and Saturday

Last edited:

Foo

Smash Lord
@ Foo Foo never let toon link take you to norfair again. I know home field advantage and all... uuhhh

edit: oh it was just a friendly o-o
Yeah, I was commentating the whole event but there was a dead time and smith wanted to play against me. We randomed stage and got norfair and didn't say anything about it (but was internally like "ffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu"). BTW, iirc I had the mic on and was johning constantly, but I was just doing that sarcastically to make fun of some of the johns we had earlier that day. We had some people complaining about the stream TV being laggy (despite that setup having been used many many times at tourneys to no complaint, even by some of the people complaining today) so we switched to another crt and magically everything was better! (i played on both and there was no lag on either)

P.S. If anyone who watched most of the stream reads this, sorry for all the down time. The lag rumor combined with melee doubles running at the same time as PM (and doubles players weren't allowed to play PM games till they were done...) really really clogged the bracket and made the PM bracket almost run longer than melee, despite having a 3 hour head start and almost 20 fewer entrants.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Yeah, I was commentating the whole event but there was a dead time and smith wanted to play against me. We randomed stage and got norfair and didn't say anything about it (but was internally like "ffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu"). BTW, iirc I had the mic on and was johning constantly, but I was just doing that sarcastically to make fun of some of the johns we had earlier that day. We had some people complaining about the stream TV being laggy (despite that setup having been used many many times at tourneys to no complaint, even by some of the people complaining today) so we switched to another crt and magically everything was better! (i played on both and there was no lag on either)
People are always stupid about lag

Foo

Smash Lord
People are always stupid about lag
That's the funny thing. I am too. I am SUPER sensitive to lag and will be the first to refuse to play on a TV because of it. However, that set just didn't have any lag lol. (there's a reason I've only played a single game of PM netplay in my life)

Last edited:

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
I mentioned this idea to

I just did my first two ranked matches on netplay and ran into both of them, and they completely screwed me over. I felt like I wasn't getting off things I usually can get off on other characters, while they were just comboing me into oblivion

I know the matchup for zss against spacies is pretty bad but I feel like I wouldve been screwed over even if I picked a secondary because it was just me not knowing what to do against them, I never face them in friendlies, at school we have a lot of ganon and captain falcon mains so I mostly play against them
Play Ganon. Stomp their asses into the Shadow Realm. Win.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Lol Idk if you guys are in the socal PM group/friends with IPK, but the lucario complains blew up again. Worse than last time too, Its pretty funny tbh. I might screen cap some gold later

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Only PP can protect us from the Swedish 20XX.

Edit: I COULD WIN TOURNAMENTS IF IT WEREN'T FOR LUCARIO NOT BEING A SMASH CHARACTER IN A SMASH GAME. ARRRREEHGGGGAAAH

Last edited:

OSCA MIKE

Smash Journeyman
i cannot for the life of me use lucario

i swear i need to take a class or something on how to even feel effective with him

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
i cannot for the life of me use lucario

i swear i need to take a class or something on how to even feel effective with him
Mash A, Mash B then L/R right after

Tbh, I have no idea how lucario got out the way he did in 3.5. ASC should not be a thing :/

Lizalfos

Smash Master
You don't mash L or R. You can just constantly light press.

They don't even sacrifice their hands.
They break the rules of equivalent exchange!

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious

up throw tech chase vs. spacies you got marths dash speed and sheiks boots grab

SpiderMad

Smash Master
"Honestly, I'm kind of a dork. I can be kind of awkward at first so please save me from myself and message me first. If you don't, please ignore any embarassing things I might say." Part of her bio

" I was too much of a dork thursday. I can be kind of too talkative, so please save me from myself and message me back. If you don't, please continue to ignore my embarassing pity and I wish you the best. " My rough draft idea of the 2nd and final text to send her (I'm thinking I'll add more like saying "I really thought we connected" or something), or I might just call her though I don't know where I'd start off in a verbal conversation at all. I'll do either on Monday. As much as I don't have a clue what I'd do when I call her, I feel that I need that for more assurance/closure.

Last edited:

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
Wait for 3.6 buffs.
I was complentating this but I figured I might as well stick around during the bad times too, you know? I'm taking this zss maining thing like she's my waifu - gotta work through the bad times to get to the good times
up throw tech chase vs. spacies you got marths dash speed and sheiks boots grab
Okay this brings up another thing - how do I break bad habits? I instinctively down throw every single time I grab because I dont want them to let go before I throw them, even though up throw might be a better option. Even when I'm purposefully trying to avoid autopiloting I do it

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious
I was complentating this but I figured I might as well stick around during the bad times too, you know? I'm taking this zss maining thing like she's my waifu - gotta work through the bad times to get to the good times

Okay this brings up another thing - how do I break bad habits? I instinctively down throw every single time I grab because I dont want them to let go before I throw them, even though up throw might be a better option. Even when I'm purposefully trying to avoid autopiloting I do it
bang your head against a wall every time you do a down throw instead of an up throw on spaicies :)

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
after getting bopped in marvel:

about two hours later, after getting bopped in smash:

apologyman with those option selects

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
"Honestly, I'm kind of a dork. I can be kind of awkward at first so please save me from myself and message me first. If you don't, please ignore any embarassing things I might say." Part of her bio

" I was too much of a dork thursday. I can be kind of too talkative, so please save me from myself and message me back. If you don't, please continue to ignore my embarassing pity and I wish you the best. " My rough draft idea of the 2nd and final text to send her (I'm thinking I'll add more like saying "I really thought we connected" or something), or I might just call her though I don't know where I'd start off in a verbal conversation at all. I'll do either on Monday. As much as I don't have a clue what I'd do when I call her, I feel that I need that for more assurance/closure.
don't do this. Just don't. It wont go well.

Player -0

Smash Hero
Gannon is already the craziest character in the game right now.
Everyone else lost their "jank" but PMDT just piled it back onto Ganon.
The salt is so real loool.

Tbh, I think mango is still better than them. Mango's problem is that he basically needs to be super pissed off to play at his maximum potential.
Squirtle Syndrome?

oh i found it immediately just took way too long to get a decent selfie with it :v
did you leave it on purpose?
The mind games.

Also realizing you have school tomorrow. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
" I was too much of a dork thursday. I can be kind of too talkative, so please save me from myself and message me back. If you don't, please continue to ignore my embarassing pity and I wish you the best. "
Jesus that's an overreaction. As Softie said, don't do this. It'll just make things worse. In my opinion, be patient, you shouldn't try to contact her, let it happen naturally. In the meantime, get your mind off of the situation, don't let it put you down

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Did you match with her on Tinder or something? Dude, your really shouldn't let a single date you had with a girl from Tinder get to you this much. There is nothing to learn here other than that you need to experience getting rejected more.
Poor people need to discover rice and beans; they're affordable, plentiful, and not absolute trash.
Kidney beans are the ****.

Top Bottom