• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Player -0

Smash Hero
The best thing to do is procrastinate then stay up all night doing homework. Then you realize you have cross country practice AND hills. Hills when it's hot is hell (run to the area for the reps then run back after). No sleep hill hell.

Speaking of which I don't want to go to school :l.

Helsong

Smash Ace
Why is Ike so damn sexy and awesome?

He's got a giant sword. He moves fast. He's got throws that lead into killer aerials. He can uthrow->fsmash Fox at 70%.
It's like I'm finally getting some recourse after him being terrible in Brawl. PMDT, pls don't take him away from me. I just want those muscles and that burst movement option to stay forever.

Also, Ike Climbers alt is so adorable.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Jesus that's an overreaction. As Softie said, don't do this. It'll just make things worse. In my opinion, be patient, you shouldn't try to contact her, let it happen naturally. In the meantime, get your mind off of the situation, don't let it put you down
I'll go with this I guess. I won't send her anything until I'm certain of something, which might come in a week from now or something.

One thing weird though is my Texting App I use I realized can't receive picture messages. I first had issues with it when my cousin tried to send me something, but now I realized after this date. Because when we finally got out of the restaurant to make out, I interrupted us to take a selfie of us.. then my phone was taking crap pictures so she pulled out hers and took it and sent it to me. (which when I got home and got Wifi, realized it's indeed the App). So not only did I ruin the moment super good, but I don't even got the pictures unless I tell her to send it to my email.. which would be weird now to ask if she doesn't wanna see me.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I was a super overachiever in high school. I mean grade wise I only got straight B's because I went to a nerd school and everything was hard as balls, but I rowed 12 hours a week, worked 15, etc. 5 years of Chinese, a lot of math and science classes. Took 9 AP tests by junior year. I would have taken 3 more but no colleges cared because it was senor year and I didn't need the credits.

I got it all done because I kept to a strict rhythm. I didn't have a set schedule or anything but I had a rhythm and enough to fill nearly every hour of my week. It was a rut, a really productive rut, but still a rut, and all that work on top of an incredibly stressful relationship kinda killed me. By the end of senor year I was a huge mess of stress/depression, and it was apparent enough for my school to make the call and tell my mom to get me therapy.

I realized yeah I could do a lot of **** and be successful/productive but I'd still be unhappy. So I dropped rowing/work and focused on college, horrible idea. I traded all my outlets/coping mechanisms for even more stress, and things just got worse. It didn't really get better until very recently (some of the regulars might remember how much of a huge mess I was in the fall lol)

Basically all you kids in the Jail Bait tier should remember that its better to take it a bit slower and maintain your health and stress levels. Don't give up what makes you happy/sane at this moment for extra work intended to pay off in some undetermined point in the future. Unless of course work/success is what makes you feel okay then go for it. Otherwise Its better to take things slow than rush into overworking yourself.

School sucks (unless you really like it), but keep your heads up and realize that its only part of your life.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
RIP kazunoko

in nuckledu's defense, he's actually right in how pre-nerf yun would have an advantage over him but fully updated yun he can deal with enough

Sir Bubbles

Smash Journeyman
Spring break bby!

School still sucks because I have to wake up at 6:00. It doesn't help that I have chronic sleep deprivation :(

Plus, while everybody is in AP or honors, I'm here with an average at best grades at academic.

This picture sums up what I'm best at:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I was a super overachiever in high school. I mean grade wise I only got straight B's because I went to a nerd school and everything was hard as balls, but I rowed 12 hours a week, worked 15, etc. 5 years of Chinese, a lot of math and science classes. Took 9 AP tests by junior year. I would have taken 3 more but no colleges cared because it was senor year and I didn't need the credits.

I got it all done because I kept to a strict rhythm. I didn't have a set schedule or anything but I had a rhythm and enough to fill nearly every hour of my week. It was a rut, a really productive rut, but still a rut, and all that work on top of an incredibly stressful relationship kinda killed me. By the end of senor year I was a huge mess of stress/depression, and it was apparent enough for my school to make the call and tell my mom to get me therapy.

I realized yeah I could do a lot of **** and be successful/productive but I'd still be unhappy. So I dropped rowing/work and focused on college, horrible idea. I traded all my outlets/coping mechanisms for even more stress, and things just got worse. It didn't really get better until very recently (some of the regulars might remember how much of a huge mess I was in the fall lol)

Basically all you kids in the Jail Bait tier should remember that its better to take it a bit slower and maintain your health and stress levels. Don't give up what makes you happy/sane at this moment for extra work intended to pay off in some undetermined point in the future. Unless of course work/success is what makes you feel okay then go for it. Otherwise Its better to take things slow than rush into overworking yourself.

School sucks (unless you really like it), but keep your heads up and realize that its only part of your life.
Your HS sounds interesting. I don't even see how you could get a schedule with so much AP unless your school offered tons of Ap classes.

Actually considering a more rigorous HS for Junior and Senior year, if it pans out in my favor that is. Ideally it would prepare me for college, but I might just be shooting myself in the foot and giving up the remaining time I have as a dependent child w/o lots of stress and problems.

I have a feeling that I'd step up to challenge and if I stayed where I am I'd regress/try less/form bad habits.

Might not even get accepted tho so w/e.

Edit: Softie you make me feel inadequate pls.

Last edited:

Sir Bubbles

Smash Journeyman
Your HS sounds interesting. I don't even see how you could get a schedule with so much AP unless your school offered tons of Ap classes.

Actually considering a more rigorous HS for Junior and Senior year, if it pans out in my favor that is. Ideally it would prepare me for college, but I might just be shooting myself in the foot and giving up the remaining time I have as a dependent child w/o lots of stress and problems.

I have a feeling that I'd step up to challenge and if I stayed where I am I'd regress/try less/form bad habits.

I hear that a lot of college students tend to absolutely get rekt during their first semester/quarter because of the contrast of work.

Highschool is like "Analyze the book by saying random BS, something you'll never have to do ever again"

College is like "Write a 50000 page paper about why life is so short and depressing"

life is killing me.

Helsong

Smash Ace
High school wasn't too bad for me. I got lucky, had great teachers, made some wonderful friends, had a couple nice relationships, etc. Also went through a lot of crap, but it's not lie that's anything odd, given everyone pretty much does. Overall, kinda standard.
University was better, but also much busier. Made better friends. Met my current roommates. Got back into playing Smash. Life is good.

You know what really sucked? Middle school. 6th-8th. A bunch of petty preteens who wouldn't know rational thought and basic human decency if it kicked em in the crotch. As it turns out, that just gets you in trouble.

Blazing Ambition

Smash Journeyman
Anybody have those relatives who for some reason
feel the need to be as "Cool"?

Example:
Today, at around 7:00 PM
Hanging out at home, playing Skyrim w/ a friend
There's a light knock on the door
It's my godfather
turns out, he bought some all day passes to our local arcade
Friend is down to leave but like I'm wtf I have school tomorrow
Sakura-con is finished so the arcade's full of costumed weirdos
highlights included a morbidly obese asuna from SAO
and a really short totoro we saw smoking outside of the arcade
And this catwoman(?) whose costume consisted of wearing a bunch of latex
and having a booty like a venn diagram
It was glorious
on a side note mvc2 is still mad fun
and if anybody ever wants to play "Taiko Drum Master"
prepare to enter a new dimension of pain
because those wooden drumsticks chafe like a mofo
Return home as 9:15
Tired
Hands sore from playing the Taiko game for like 30 minutes
still gotta go to school tomorrow
Mom is super pissed because we sorta just left w/o telling her
Godfather just kinda goes
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm like bro you're 25
you don't have to try to look like a rebel in front of me
being a responsible adult is cool too

Vashimus

Smash Master
High school sucked ass for me academically, mostly cuz of picking hard classes and teachers who don't know how to ****ing grade (Ever had those tests with like 5 questions, but each one was 40 points?), but socially it was fine. Freshman year sucked because I didn't know anyone, but I gradually got more out of my shell over time, met some really cool dudes, got involved in theatre which I ended up loving, and even had a few girlfriends. Teachers also really helped me a lot when I reached out to them. Can't complain too much.

I ****ing hated elementary school though, mostly because I was the smartest kid in a class full of ghetto little ****heads, and was a frequent target of bullying.

Last edited:

Sir Bubbles

Smash Journeyman
Anybody have those relatives who for some reason
feel the need to be as "Cool"?

Example:
Today, at around 7:00 PM
Hanging out at home, playing Skyrim w/ a friend
There's a light knock on the door
It's my godfather
turns out, he bought some all day passes to our local arcade
Friend is down to leave but like I'm wtf I have school tomorrow
Sakura-con is finished so the arcade's full of costumed weirdos
highlights included a morbidly obese asuna from SAO
and a really short totoro we saw smoking outside of the arcade
And this catwoman(?) whose costume consisted of wearing a bunch of latex
and having a booty like a venn diagram
It was glorious
on a side note mvc2 is still mad fun
and if anybody ever wants to play "Taiko Drum Master"
prepare to enter a new dimension of pain
because those wooden drumsticks chafe like a mofo
Return home as 9:15
Tired
Hands sore from playing the Taiko game for like 30 minutes
still gotta go to school tomorrow
Mom is super pissed because we sorta just left w/o telling her
Godfather just kinda goes
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm like bro you're 25
you don't have to try to look like a rebel in front of me
being a responsible adult is cool too
Yeah, a couple.

Most notably, I used to be close to my Uncle. He not only was chill, but he taught me the never ending happiness of "curses" and their many applications. Then my family had a falling out with him, and the rest of our family friends for some reason.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium

http://basisscottsdale.org/ The school gets results, but its mostly just them and strict immigrant parents overworking the kids. I did enjoy it though. I dont know if I would do it to my own kids. My mom started trying to take me out of the school in like 7th grade but I stuck with it because I had this whole mental attitude of "I cant quit, if I quit i'm a loser, just suck it up." It was pretty much either this school, or our crappy public schooling in az (we're like botton 5 states? horrid)

I'm not very smart, I just was good at English and cramming.
Everyone needs learns at their own pace (although this idea is often used to justify letting kids learn nothing). Life is just like, find a pace you can work at yourself without dying

I hear that a lot of college students tend to absolutely get rekt during their first semester/quarter because of the contrast of work.

Highschool is like "Analyze the book by saying random BS, something you'll never have to do ever again"

College is like "Write a 50000 page paper about why life is so short and depressing"

life is killing me.
People say this, but its wrong. especially entry level courses. Unless its writing focused course, its still just busy work and regurgitating information onto a paper

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I just need to do half as well as Softie-senpai so he will notice me <3

life is killing me.
I just hope that I get better prompts than you.
Really? My school responded to this by basically expelling me.
He was successful in the present and only successful people should be given the tools to succeed. Thanks self-fulfilling prophecy.

Not to tarnish any of Softie-sama's accomplishments.

High school sucked *** for me academically, mostly cuz of picking hard classes and teachers who don't know how to ****ing grade (Ever had those tests with like 5 questions, but each one was 40 points?), but socially it was fine. Freshman year sucked because I didn't know anyone, but I gradually got more out of my shell over time, met some really cool dudes, got involved in theatre which I ended up loving, and even had a few girlfriends. Teachers also really helped me a lot when I reached out to them. Can't complain too much.
While I have regressed in motivation and study skills, I'm way more comfortable socially. It was mostly me realizing that people I thought were after me were actually being friendly. Not being hyper paranoid is probably the biggest thing I've learned to do.

I hate it when teachers do short answer and I use a synonym for the word they wanted for the description of the book's event or w/e and I get it wrong.

Then I score -200% wtf?

Vashimus

Smash Master
Wait a minute, the new Fire Emblem is two separate versions rather than two different campaigns of the same game. Like Oracle of Ages/Seasons.

Not even sure how I feel about that, though I guess having a full game for each will allow for a much more robust campaign.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Wait a minute, the new Fire Emblem is two separate versions rather than two different campaigns of the same game. Like Oracle of Ages/Seasons.

Not even sure how I feel about that, though I guess having a full game for each will allow for a much more robust campaign.
We only know for sure that is the case for Japan.

International release is unknown on how it will be handled but given how FE still isn't as popular international compared to Japan, the complete lack of mention of it being separated like this in the international release, and the rather long wait time (even for the load of translation the game probably needs, to 2016 seems a bit much) that it might be a real plausibility that we might get both versions on the same cart instead.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Trade schools >>>>>>>>>>>>>.
/Brobdingnagian amounts of bias
Cause you know what you want to be when you are 14 yrs old. Parents basically end up deciding for their kids.

It's like arranging marriages.
This reminded me how much mentality factors into success. Once I stopped respecting my teachers and the work they gave me, my grades plummeted.
------
IDEA: Write 2 books where the only difference is which character is the main character. One is written at a 5th grade lvl tho .

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Parents basically end up deciding for their kids.
where roughly of the problems our species subjects itself to come from.rar
(the other half come from Baby Boomers, Gen Xers, and other old wastes of flesh whose continued existence does far more harm than good)

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Erryone be ******** bout hs

tbh I'd like to go back and redo it with my current knowledge to see how things could've turned out differently

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
The only time I enjoyed my high school years was when I was doing something illegal/stupid or playing video games, so I guess I'm not really satisfied with that. I had some fun though.

If you're still in high school, make sure you have fun while you can.

Fuuuuck I just remembered the prank my friends and I were gonna do for senior year :( We were supposed to print out pictures of my chode of a tech teacher doing lewd things to naked dudes (specifically John Stamos. don't ask) and hang them all over the school. God I regret not doing that.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Played USF4 for 2 hours after NCR top 16 was over, had fun unrusting. I'd like to go to some tourneys for it soon.

Money tho ;~;

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
I used to be the ****ing best at school tho
I was hella smart, hella motivated, it was great
Then something happened between 8th grade and freshman year
In Freshman year I lost the motivation part and nearly failed all of my classes
I used too much of my time on socializing and being emo as hell.

Halfway through the year I moved to a different district and a new school, so I guess I decided to cut that out and came out of the year with a few Ds but I didn't fail anything so that was nice. Losing all of my friends and peers over the course of a christmas break was rough but looking back they were all kinda gross anyway. Eh.
I didn't really start up socializing again until mid sophomore year, and I'm still struggling with it. I have a few friends but I don't make effort to contact them outside of school. I should work on that maybe.
I struggle with school work still, too. I don't usually fail classes anymore but I come close more than I'd like to. Homework, man. Next year I'm trying to make my schedule as easy as possible so I maybe won't have any close calls like I've been having. I keep making the mistake of taking AP classes when I'm really not good enough for that life.

I wouldn't say high school so far has been a positive experience but its been okay I guess. Looking at it on paper I've definitely had more low points than high but like I said its okay I guess. They hurt a lot more in the moment than I'm giving them credit atm but hey.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
hate that i have to take gen eds. i just want to focus on doing CS courses only with a math course or two mixed in and then get my degree already. i don't give a **** about biology, anthropology, or w/e :[

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
hate that i have to take gen eds. i just want to focus on doing CS courses only with a math course or two mixed in and then get my degree already. i don't give a **** about biology, anthropology, or w/e :[
tfw almost every part of the world is advancing & progressing and we just ignore how nonsensical our education system is

Top Bottom