• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
SF3 has Dudley

Already makes it wayyyyy better than Marvel

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
When I was younger, my aunt used to give me baby talk and say I was so handsome and all that flattery.

Now, she just grabs my crotch when she walks by and winks.

Do not want
Better than my sister that full on grabs my *** and tries to wrap her leg around me

In front of my wife.

I love my sister but jesus christ why does she have to play around like this.
Both of those are mad creepy. Only thing I get is my uncle ask if I have a girlfriend or not and ask if Im gay or not and I tell him no lol.
Incest: Fun for the Whole Family.

...Couldn't resist.
Sounds like a hentai also reminds of that mega milk doujin for some reason.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Cromartie is god. Nichijou is fantastic. Daily Lives of High School Boys is up there.

Best anime/manga with a high school setting is GTO. Don't forget this you heathens.

Also Meiling, you dumbass. Don't go calling your real laifu a 3DPD, what's wrong with you.

Melty Blood is fun, I wish it wasn't dead.

Uh... best overall manga is probably Gintama. Not even sorry about that. (GTO still up there to me, though.)

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
i do what i want
*Insert pic of Kamon asking what a 3dpd is*

Also smashboards took me to a separate ****ing page to like something today. Wtf

Edit: Also, @ Hylian Hylian what kind of monitor would you recommend for smash? I'd like to get something with component inputs and isint super expensive :s

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
SO Korra today was very interesting and stuff is gonna get poppin next episode. Also the return of a character.
http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/the...060052&vcs=social_20141128_36400027&xid=lokfb

Emblem Lord wrote this up for Smash 4 which makes alot of sense.
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...traps-an-intro-to-high-level-concepts.380200/

And Pokemon news Smogon banned Mega Salamence which I haven't been paying much attention with pokes lately but yeah.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/salamencite-is-now-banned-to-ubers.3523082/

Also official teaser trailer for the news Star Wars is out.

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman

Also smashboards took me to a separate ****ing page to like something today. Wtf

Edit: Also, @ Hylian Hylian what kind of monitor would you recommend for smash? I'd like to get something with component inputs and isint super expensive :s
google evo-monitor, or find that page that ranks different monitors based on measured response time. Alot of monitors are just as responsive as the evo monitor, but with better fidelity, however they don't go on sale for $50 and the evo monitor does lol.

Also is it just me or does that star wars trailer look fake at times? I mean some of the shots scream bollywood or indie film. Pretty cool that the new sith has a claymore/ illegitimate son often fathered by nobility upon poor working-class women who were typically not as ostracized from society as every fantasy novel ever makes it seem (you made me do this) sword though (the length could also have it be qualified as a hand and a half, but it is thin and red so idk).

Seriously why is ******* censored?

Last edited:

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761

There are a group of people who are recreating Sonic 06 in Sonic Generations.

And they're doing a pretty bang up job so far lol.
Jason Griffith's Sonic in it is just as cringeworthy as it always was, but if nothing else it certainly looks to be designed better than 06, probably because Generations wasn't a massively rushed job. A serious lack of 101 loading screens automatically makes it superior.

It always makes me laugh at how fast those killer whales jump and fall. It seems odd that the mach speed segments are made that much easier because of boost gameplay, but whatcha gonna do.

Edit: The recolor for Iblis looks really tacky and takes me out of the moment. I hope they fix that.

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Time for a throwback.
So glad torrents are a thing.
Muh DCAU.

Edit:

Guess I'm Hollywood lel

Last edited:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

I wouldn't recommend a monitor for smash unless you are playing smash 4 in which case I would recommend this monitor: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...d_t=101&pf_rd_p=1737577182&pf_rd_i=7586089011

MM3K

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM3000
3DS FC
3308-4705-1012

I like to believe Sega purposefully released Generations on PC for this kind of things, I mean, they gotta know the hacking community for Sonic games is really good at what they do, so they gave them a sandbox to play in, but maybe I'm just giving Sega too much credit.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
I like to believe Sega purposefully released Generations on PC for this kind of things, I mean, they gotta know the hacking community for Sonic games is really good at what they do, so they gave them a sandbox to play in, but maybe I'm just giving Sega too much credit.
How good is Generations anyway? I played Colors and had a ball, but now that I'm actually using my pc for gaming it feels off to not have a Sonic game on it.

Last edited:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
yeah you're giving SoJ too much credit.

SoA/SoE is fully aware of the massive hacking/fangame community and are okay with them, which is why sites like Sonic Retro and SSRG have never gotten C&Ds for spreading ROMs and Hacks and being the central hub for high quality fangames like Sonic Classic, Sonic Before the Sequel and After the Sequel.

SoJ is probably aware but they're turning a blind eye or just dont care, but they sure as hell don't really go out of their way for the fanbase.

I could be (and would loved to be proved) wrong, but really SoJ probably only gives a **** about the west out of financial obligation to their shareholders and suits and ****.

SoJ in general leaves a really bitter taste in my mouth and I wish they'd stop manhandling SoE/SoA.

I wish they'd stop hating on the west period lol.

Last edited:

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
So I just read the newest Toriko chapter
If I read it right and it isn't an illusion, the whole main cast save one person was wiped out in 0.1 seconds

SpiderMad

Smash Master
For IASA frames on grounded moves, you can hold shield and then the frame that the shield bubble graphic appears, then you know that the IASA frame is that frame. Unfortunately for aerial moves, getting IASA data is not as easy as holding shield, you have to press jump every other frame and then when you get that IASA frame, repeat it again but on the opposite frames just to be sure. It sucks but that is the only way I know how to get accurate IASA data on aerial moves.
Tap jump has buffer of 2 or 3 frames, or you could just turn Buffer on.

batistabus

Smash Journeyman

I honestly think this is a waste of time. There's nothing worth salvaging from Sonic 06...the problems extend much further than glitches and terrible game-play.

I think their time would've been much better spent just creating their own unique Sonic levels.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
yeah you're giving SoJ too much credit.

SoA/SoE is fully aware of the massive hacking/fangame community and are okay with them, which is why sites like Sonic Retro and SSRG have never gotten C&Ds for spreading ROMs and Hacks and being the central hub for high quality fangames like Sonic Classic, Sonic Before the Sequel and After the Sequel.

SoJ is probably aware but they're turning a blind eye or just dont care, but they sure as hell don't really go out of their way for the fanbase.

I could be (and would loved to be proved) wrong, but really SoJ probably only gives a **** about the west out of financial obligation to their shareholders and suits and ****.

SoJ in general leaves a really bitter taste in my mouth and I wish they'd stop manhandling SoE/SoA.

I wish they'd stop hating on the west period lol.
Anyone who has played the PS series often has this sentiment (hence why I agree lol). SoJ is honestly responsible for SoA being trash and they're bad at handling things in general.

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
Toriko is awful

Read a real manga like Nichijou instead
Maybe another time

I love all the crazy **** that goes on in a world of man-eat-food-eat-man-eat-more food

Edit: For example, the aforementioned 0.1 second near-party wipe was caused by a human-sized monkey partially named after it's own testicles, which can be made into a soup said to be able to restore life

Last edited:

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Anyone who has played the PS series often has this sentiment (hence why I agree lol). SoJ is honestly responsible for SoA being trash and they're bad at handling things in general.
Yup. SoJ was solely responsible for the whole Shining Force takedown apocalypse in 2012 which left SoA to clean up their mess, which they were unable to do so fully.

I like Generations, but the PC version is probably the least optimized port I've ever seen. I shouldn't have to use fan mods to keep the frame rate at 60 or stop the constant crashes.

Is the Valkyria Chronicles Steam port any good?
Cannot expect a Port report from TB because he blacklisted SEGA after the Shining Force thing.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I'm having such huge mixxed feelings about ORAS
They didn't solve any problems at all with the game/map/story progression points. But my god did they really do well in the points where its obvious they dumped their resources and funding into, the encounter with the legendaries and the whole Eon flute thing is amazing, and the Delta Episode looks like its amazing as well.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
So you saying is SOJ gives SOA/SOE the D?
SoJ gives SoE and SoA the D, yes.

But out of frustration, SoE, also gives SoA the D since SoE is in charge of everything West.

SoA has the least say out of all of them.

But hey at least SoA isnt dead like Sega of Australia lol.
I honestly think this is a waste of time. There's nothing worth salvaging from Sonic 06...the problems extend much further than glitches and terrible game-play.

I think their time would've been much better spent just creating their own unique Sonic levels.
That's not entirely true. 06 has some neat levels and ideas. And while using a game that's actually ****ing solid (Generations) with some tweaks and fixes, the 06 levels may actually be enjoyable to a reasonable degree now.

There isnt a point in trying to denounce it without giving it a go imo.

I'm only behind this because of Project Unleashed which ported the Unleashed daytime stages to Generations and they were so much more fun to play because Generations is more solid than Unleashed.

I more so blame SegaSammy because SSammy is a holding company and is filled with stock holders (I THINK ANYWAYS). I mean this doesn't excuse SoJ and their nationalist mentality and them having their heads up their asses. But really when push comes to shove; the biggest reason they're like this is because they make ****ing bank. SoJ's profits have been super solid, especially since they launched PSO2 and also because they publish so much in Japan.

Dengeki, the anime fighter sports PSO2 themed levels as well as Sonic theme'd and features a bunch of popular anime characters. They dominate the arcade (and pachinko???) market in Japan.

They have a super strong brand and Japan and they're getting their hands on more and more **** so it kinda reinforces what they're doing cuz they're business men and the internal politics is mad strong in Sega.

AND REALLY THE IRONY OF IT ALL IS THAT SEGA IS INITIALLY AN AMERICAN COMPANY THAT STEMS FROM AMERICANS IN JAPAN VIA MILITARY OPENING UP SHOP AND BECOMING SUPER POPULAR.

Sega stands for "Service Games"

It's origin is in the west but yet modern day Sega is like "**** the west."

Or Patlabor. Or Full Metal Panic. Or...
Log Horizon.
yoooo i love log horizon.

Log horizon is dumb

no you're dumb log horizon is an actual MMORPG anime that i feel is pretty legit.

...Though really so far, season 2 has been floating between lukewarm and meh. The emphasis on Akatsuki recently and her very clearly obvious affection for Shiro is getting nauseating and I want them to just finish this arc already at this point. I get that they're not trying to focus on Shiro who is practically op as **** and focus on the rest of the roster but christ. I get it already.

i want more of season 1 shiro and those fun as hell battles.

i like what they're doing with shiro in the raid dungeon atm. i want more focus on that instead of "LOLE ITS CHRISTMAS. LAST CHRISTMAS I GAVE YOU MY HEART BY THE VERY NEXT DAY YOU GAVE IT AWAY."

I got into log horizon because it wasnt a ****ing harem anime disguised as an MMORPG like SAO, but they're starting to drive that course now by having like 3 women interested in Shiro and then other relationships between other characters.

its dumb

japan pls stop

i was marveled by the idea behind the people of the land turning into more than just NPCs but they're not doing too much with it and i feel like it was a set up for Princess Lenessia at this point.

Yup. SoJ was solely responsible for the whole Shining Force takedown apocalypse in 2012 which left SoA to clean up their mess, which they were unable to do so fully.

I like Generations, but the PC version is probably the least optimized port I've ever seen. I shouldn't have to use fan mods to keep the frame rate at 60 or stop the constant crashes.

Is the Valkyria Chronicles Steam port any good?
Cannot expect a Port report from TB because he blacklisted SEGA after the Shining Force thing.
Valkyria Chronicles Steam is godlike. pls buy.

PLS BUY.

l;ksdfsa

and yes generations is top kek levels of unoptimized BUT the modding potential is so strong that Sonic Retro has been pretty much focusing on just that and fangames instead of Sonic hacks for like the past year or something.

Last edited:

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Yeah, I recall Sega branching off from the America's. Still, isn't it kinda logical that the power over the company will go to the faction with the most popularity with the stock holders etc? I mean, looking at Sega games now...the Japanese influence is pretty damn clear, so they clearly have something of a grapple on how the show is run.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I really like how sonic games are directed. They are split between like, 3 teams that make games on cycling years, right?
Its like, "Oh wow, this game we just made was actually half decent, it had some rough edges but these concepts we decided on worked really well."
next game to release: "Lol, People enjoyed parts of the last popular 3D sonic game because even though the storys were limited/linear, you had control over your movement and stuff? Oh and they had replay-ability due to the Chao Gardens that were pretty damn adictive/popular? Lets just make Sonic and the 7 rings though."
"Oh, people didn't really like that Sonic could only run forward in a pretty lame level? Lets make half the gameplay in our newest game an infinite runner with 3 rows. The rest of the game can be exploring the world at a jog, fighting enemys with only one attack button, and 2D puzzle levels filled with walls instead of going fast."

All a sonic game needs is TO FEEL ****ING GOOD TO RUN AROUND IN. Sonic is about going fast ffs. Thats all sonic needs to be. If you want to throw in cool other stuff like nice overworlds, exploration, Chao Gardens, Knuckles levels, etc thats fine.
JUST LET ME RUN FAST WHENEVER I'M SONIC FFS

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I don't understand any of this Sonic talk. I just pop-in Sonic Heroes every so often and have fun

Also, why did they give Shadow a gun for that one game? Wtf. I swear it's like Sonic game devs, producers, or some gnarly mix find creative ways to try and dilute the entire worth of the franchise, one random game at a time!

Last edited:

B.W.

Smash Champion
I want Sonic games to go fast, but I'm tired of how auto-pilot most Sonic games feel.

Games like Sonic Generations are neat, but even Generations felt like I was just holding forward + boost for the whole game. Any sort of big turns were done in those "auto-pilot til the section is done" scenes.

If Sonic Unleashed was purely Day stages then it would have been a much better game overall. All of those levels were awesome.

If Sonic is going to keep going fast they need to take another look at how their levels are designed. The mechanics in Unleashed and in Generations were great, using quicksteps to avoid obstacles, and you could even drift, but you don't even need to use these half the time. Enemies don't even do anything anymore either, you just boost right through them without giving a damn half the time because they don't pose any real threat.

imo it'd be nice if SEGA tried to make a Sonic game that played a little more like a racing game with tight turns that actually required you to drift around stuff, rather than just make it so Sonic did all that on auto-pilot, as well as add obstacles that actually matter. That way I could maybe test my ability to react to stuff that's coming up instead of just watching the screen while I hold down two buttons while occasionally tapping a third.

Top Bottom