• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

SpiderMad

Smash Master
That means it's not incest!
Well that depends on your view of having your sister turn out to be a clone of you but genetically modified to be female and evil and sent back in time by the Kappa3000 to betray you: which is covered more so in chapter 4.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961

So Nichijou is the greatest manga in the history of manga.
It's really good, but greatest? I can't agree.
Interesting bit: I translated Nichijou for about 50 chapters. You might just have read my script.

~Dad~

part time gay dad
If anybody reading this lives in Louisiana, **** you guys somebody respond to the post I made in your Facebook group. I want to play Smash tomorrow.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961

I bet EU can't wait to invent time travel so they can play Sm4sh.

Bleck

Smash Master
looked it up on Wikipedia

"The series follows the lives of a group of high school students-"

nope

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337

nope
Nichijou is like an over the top version of the comic Non Sequitur iirc

I haven't watched it, but I gather it's basically random stupid stuff happening in an otherwise normal setting as comedy. Very popular, which is probably why I haven't bothered watching it.

Although your flatout rejection of anything having to do with groups of students is kinda silly. Most moe bs is just that, but a good show is good, no matter the setting.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko

nope
don't you think that's a pretty silly thing to do; to reject something based of a setting that's so common it has little indication to the overall quality of a show?

it's a good series. yeah it's "lole XD randum" but if that's not your cup of tea, then that's fine.

at this point I cant tell where your jokes end and your vitrol begins lmao

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I don't even think the high school part of it is relevant enough to consider it typical.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
EDIT:

i love this video

Gotta Test Fastr...
On the topic of fast, anyone have an argument to make in favor of a new Sonic game. I know quite a few of the new games have strong opinions against them, but I've played all the oldest and want a game to get my fast fix.

Also feel free to recommend anime after or during this questions answer is brewing, the following anime marathon is always good fun for me (and others I'd assume.)

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
So are you telling me I CAN'T recommend "School Days" to you?
looked this one up too;

"School Days(スクールデイズ Sukūru Deizu?) is an adult Japanese visual novel-"

nnnnnope nope nope nope

Although your flatout rejection of anything having to do with groups of students is kinda silly. Most moe bs is just that, but a good show is good, no matter the setting.
hey, don't get me wrong - I thought Azumanga Daioh was great (though that was over a decade ago), and Cromartie High School is probably one of the funniest things ever

don't you think that's a pretty silly thing to do; to reject something based of a setting that's so common it has little indication to the overall quality of a show?
no

at this point I cant tell where your jokes end and your vitrol begins lmao
me neither

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Random School Anime??? Surely these gents know the legendary secrets about Cromartie High School?

CORY

wut
BRoomer
What kind of feelings is that face trying to convey? Stern disapproval? Or "I really don't want to be here right now"?
he was staring at the commentators through the player cam. we were talking some mad **** and he completely disapproved.

we promptly stopped.

for, like, two minutes.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Well one of my personal favorites has always been Melty Blood. There are lots of reasons and this game simply put has some of the most robust mechanics of any fighter, but its somewhat saturated by its air counterhit system. For instance with rebeating you can cancel any normal into another normal, so long as you obey the rule "Once per string." However you can circumvent this rule by whiffing normals in front of the opponent. This makes the blockstring game extremely open, and is almost like you're playing neutral as you push the advantage much like you might in Smash. Did I mention the game has teching pretty similar to smash too? And a shielding system similar to parrying but much less broken.

Then there are games like Jojos and KoF. Both have short hops, and really interesting pressure. Jojos stand system is basically like Marvel assists on crack. Not to mention I think Smash fundamentals carry over somewhat to KoF. I believe Leffen made it out of his pools for it at Evo.

IaMP is my favorite game dead game though. Because it takes just about every fundamental rule you could apply in fighting games and interprets it in a really interesting way. With bullets replacing anti-airs, pressure resets, traps etc. all in an intuitive fashion. You like 50/50 mix-ups? How about doing them practically ALL the time, while spacing with ridiculously low airdashes and managing spirit and bombs. Yet it somehow manages to be really fair and skill-based on top of its absurd ceiling and crazy mechanics.
What about Third Strike you fraud

Bleck

Smash Master
I wish there was a way to tell online opponents YO GET BETTER INTERNET

D

Deleted member

You could spam sonic side b
If you re-arrange the letters in "sonic speed!" you can get "YO GET BETTER INTERNET"

SpiderMad

Smash Master
not in for glory
what? lame

I've had my share of PM Wifi tournaments
There was this one with this one guy, and I close my eyes when I type this, the lag was soooo bad
the migraine that ensued from the constant screen fluxing was not worth it. Of course this guy had me have to Mario ditto him 2nd and 3rd game to beat'em.

Last edited:
Top Bottom