• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Nope, Luna is best pony. End of story.
Luna? That's now how you spell Fluttershy or Scootaloo. Luna will have to settle for....third best.

To each his own I guess, but I really hate everything about that game on a creative level. The aesthetic, the premise, pretty much everything about the audio (music and voice acting) except for the "His World" instrumental theme, the characters...I very much dislike them all. I really like Sonic Generations (preordered it and loved it), so if people are going to take the time to mess around with it, I'd be more interested in a different direction.
I can't disagree with hating on the music in Sonic 06 enough. That's pretty much the one truly solid thing that the actual game has, asides from maybe the character themes which are kind of goofy. I'm not a big fan of the three character formula of it, at least where it forces you to play as Original the Character and Trunks the Hedgehog. I think it would have been a much more interesting game from a gameplay perspective by making the other characters Tails and Knuckles. The stage designs are decent enough though, outside of the glitchy manner they were put together and the goofy as hell way that Trunks interacts with it.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
dude chitown footwork is real

welcome to tha chi
That's cool but they need to do it while Yo-yo'ing
Pls give me more tech, I'm slowly finding new things to do and ways to mix up, feed me more
How could you have made such a statement lol. He's literally got almost everything and probly still most unexplored character, but I'm hoping Yeroc's "we might be removing AD cancels because they're jank" statement doesn't come to fruition. What kind of asinine idea. I'm already scared because they did remove the very specific sentence in the Diddy section on the Website about the AD cancel, but maybe last minute they didn't go through with it.

All other characters are in dismay of being boring.

But yeah everything.
Item? Yeah
Item can be pulled at two different heights, while in the air, and B-turnaround/B-reversed/Wavebounced? Yeah
Does the item become a tech mine on the ground and when thrown at grounded people? Yeah
Does it somewhat shine spike when it hits aerial people? Yeah, and apparently it's not fixed KB so people at high percent it's pretty deadly
Does he have a disrespectful backhand hitbox when the items already out? Yeah
How about another Projectile? Yeah
Wait is it an item too, that you can grab? Yeah
Can you charge it? Yeah
Can you AD out of it? Yeah, and catch it, and then use the move and AD cancel again to throw it.
Can you cancel it like Sheik's needles? Yeah
While in the air? Yeah
Does charging it increase the projectile's speed? Yeah and Arc I think too
Does the firing of it change your momentum? Yeah the longer you charge, you can B-turnaround and charge it a little then reap the extra forward momentum and then quickly use the AD cancel to AGT throw or WL to grab the ledge.
Do both of his items have different air properties? Yeah, peanuts when caught and then thrown up-ward fall back really slow.

Can he WJ? Yeah
Wall cling? Yeah
Crawl? Yeah
DA off platforms? Yeah
When you DA off does he have some kind of IASA for DJ? Yeah
Good dash dance? Yeah
Good WD? Yeah
Good Glidetoss and throw? Yeah
Has a fast Up-b? Yeah,
Can it hit both sides of him? Yeah
Can it charge? Yeah
Can you control the direction? Yeah during the charge and during it as well
Can it spike(meteor?)? Yeah
Can it edge cancel? Yeah
Side special that gives movement too and can be edge cancelled? Yeah
Don't tell me there's multiple forms of that too. Yeah, Attack and Grab, and he can reduce the distance by holding back

Good aerials? Yeah
Can they be done twice in a SH? Yeah, SH Bair Uair/Bair/Nair, SH Uair Uair/Bair/Nair, SH Dair DJ. His aerials being so fast leads to be similar to DK where can go ham using FH Dair then Bair and all that, where you can't get similar style going with Falco where he's limited to usually one aerial per air time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeLklmmYyNk#t=135
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wFYbhaaUQ0&list=UUC_duOivBOekU6LS3_8w25A#t=949
Do some of them Autocancel? They all AC
Good platform pokes? Yeah perfect height for Uair and stuff, beyond side-b/down-b. Falco kind of lacks that too

Well he's floaty in the air and stuff right? No he has spacy'like ffall to mix-up his air time and incoming attack timing.

Bad on the ledge? No, WJ and Wall cling and Side-b and Banana Pull and Peanut gun.

Does he have good jabs? Yeah, he can do three hit gentle'men like Cfalc, then his multi-hit is even good

Kill throw? No gone, but now he's got throws like Falco where it actually varies all the time which one you wanna use based on their DI and stage position.
Pick up banana through DA? Gone
Smashes that can be escaped and or then shielded? Yeah pretty easily, gotta space the F-smash
Super high FH and DJ like Falco? No he's actually somewhat bad at getting super high fast, but only in comparison to the characters that really excel at that. Platforming and AGT'ing make up for it to get high.
Small? Yeah, but his FFallerness makes him get combo'd and Cg'd bad, but not enough along with his weight to survive Fox's Up-smash any farther than around 100%. Also gets shine spiked pretty badly, as do a lot of characters.
DACUS? No, but DACUSes are slightly dumb so I wouldn't want one. Luckily enough his DA stops him from having one as does Kirby. His RAR JC U-smash is still good.
DACPivotgrab? No but he has something similar when you RAR pivotgrab it does a moderate boost

Does he have any stupid mechanics like Mario's Down-b that require you to Mash? Nope, he did have a Side-b where to get the Strong version you had to be pretty brutal on the control stick but they changed it to the single one that just drifts back a bit if you hold back. Very glad they did.

Last edited:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
We stuck in repeat

now with 100% more sanic talk

it doesnt help that i'm a massive sega and sonic otaku

i have dozens of sonic games, i've played hundreds of sonic hacks

i regularly browse Sonic Retro and also visit Sega retro

I read the archie sonic comics as well as collect sonic memorabilia (i paid like 90$ for an import of the generations 3 disc ost, that is signed by Jun Senoue)

i got sonic shirts and wallets, tails plushies and bead art

i have the Sonic 1, 2, 3&K, and Spinball soundtracks on my computer in Lossless format

i even made myself a tails wallpaper for my pc

**** nigga i play pso2 and i own stock in Sega and I watch sega theme'd shows like Hi-sCool! Sega Hard Girls (See avatar and signature)

Whenever sonic is mentioned,

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
That's cool but they need to do it while Yo-yo'ing

How could you have made such a statement lol. He's literally got almost everything and probly still most unexplored character, but I'm hoping Yeroc's "we might be removing AD cancels because they're jank" statement doesn't come to fruition. What kind of asinine idea. I'm already scared because they did remove the very specific sentence in the Diddy section on the Website about the AD cancel, but maybe last minute they didn't go through with it.

All other characters are in dismay of being boring.

But yeah everything.
Item? Yeah
Item can be pulled at two different heights, while in the air, and B-turnaround/B-reversed/Wavebounced? Yeah
Does the item become a tech mine on the ground and when thrown at grounded people? Yeah
Does it somewhat shine spike when it hits aerial people? Yeah, and apparently it's not fixed KB so people at high percent it's pretty deadly
Does he have a disrespectful backhand hitbox when the items already out? Yeah
How about another Projectile? Yeah
Wait is it an item too, that you can grab? Yeah
Can you charge it? Yeah
Can you AD out of it? Yeah, and catch it, and then use the move and AD cancel again to throw it.
Can you cancel it like Sheik's needles? Yeah
While in the air? Yeah

Can he WJ? Yeah
Wall cling? Yeah
Crawl? Yeah
DA off platforms? Yeah
When you DA off does he have some kind of IASA for DJ? Yeah
Good dash dance? Yeah
Good WD? Yeah
Good Glidetoss and throw? Yeah
Has a fast Up-b? Yeah,
Can it hit both sides of him? Yeah
Can it charge? Yeah
Can you control the direction? Yeah during the charge and during it as well
Can it spike(meteor?)? Yeah
Can it edge cancel? Yeah
Side special that gives movement too and can be edge cancelled? Yeah
Don't tell me there's multiple forms of that too. Yeah, Attack and Grab, and he can reduce the distance by holding back

Good aerials? Yeah
Can they be done twice in a SH? Yeah, SH Bair Uair/Bair/Nair, SH Uair Uair/Bair/Nair, SH Dair DJ. His aerials being so fast leads to be similar to DK where can go ham using FH Dair then Bair and all that, where you can't get similar style going with Falco where he's limited to usually one aerial per air time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeLklmmYyNk#t=135
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wFYbhaaUQ0&list=UUC_duOivBOekU6LS3_8w25A#t=949
Do some of them Autocancel? They all AC
Good platform pokes? Yeah perfect height for Uair and stuff, beyond side-b/down-b. Falco kind of lacks that too

Well he's floaty in the air and stuff right? No he has spacy'like ffall to mix-up his air time and incoming attack timing.

Bad on the ledge? No, WJ and Wall cling and Side-b and Banana Pull and Peanut gun.

Does he have good jabs? Yeah, he can do three hit gentle'men like Cfalc, then his multi-hit is even good

Kill throw? No gone, but now he's got throws like Falco where it actually varies all the time which one you wanna use based on their DI and stage position.
Pick up banana through DA? Gone
Smashes that can be escaped and or then shielded? Yeah pretty easily, gotta space the F-smash
Super high FH and DJ like Falco? No he's actually somewhat bad at getting super high fast, but only in comparison to the characters that really excel at that.
Small? Yeah, but his FFallerness makes him get combo'd bad, but not enough along with his weight to survive Fox's Up-smash at around 100%.
Hush, it was probably like 3 am when I said it. I is sorry spodermod, forgives me

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761

I read the archie sonic comics as well as collect sonic memorabilia (i paid like 90$ for an import of the generations 3 disc ost, that is signed by Jun Senoue)

i have the Sonic 1, 2, 3&K, and Spinball soundtracks on my computer in Lossless format

**** nigga i play pso2 and i own stock in Sega and I watch sega theme'd shows like Hi-sCool! Sega Hard Girls (See avatar and signature)

Damn, all I have is a Knuckles resin figure. I need more useless crap devoted to stuff I like.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Hah, sounds like grinding weapons in PSU (which at least wasn't that important). Grinding and affixing early on in PSO2 was infuriating and I remember dropping the game for an entire week because I failed to push a 9* (which is not a really high rarity weapon) to +10. Absolute and utter bull****.
funny enough, I've had a lot of vindictus friends that quit for pso2 because they liked how less grindy it was. I still haven't tried it out yet because jank computer.

How is the enhance rate in that game? or is it dependant on rarity?

Does the weapon blow up when you fail +10 as well?

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Warning Received

**** ***** i play pso2 and i own stock in Sega and I watch sega theme'd shows like Hi-sCool! Sega Hard Girls (See avatar and signature)

SHlT

Last edited:

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
****'s not useless bruh

it gets the *****es
Not if it doesn't get seen by them it doesn't. It basically just sits on my desk staring at me, reminding me to pick Knuckles when the choice is available or he's going to break my wrists.

Does this look like someone who wants to give me a choice?

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Hush, it was probably like 3 am when I said it. I is sorry spodermod, forgives me
I forgive you, but I won't forgive Yeroc's statement if it comes true. They tell me they know how it is to bear with your character being changed every update for the nth time. They finally got a version where Diddy still has his tools to be creative and unexplored for centuries to come, still gets combo'd to be fun to play against, the rest of the cast got their item throws normalized to be faster as to have no reason to have just as much fun using the now one banana for themselves to utilize or throw upwards/off-stage, has no super winning MUs and many tough ones and Smash attacks and dash attacks and throws that only work in the right instances and so on. And same with Wolf, he's like one of the pinnacle characters so far of balanced but fun depth filled Spacie. But then.. well, I feel like Jank things shouldn't exist you know? Jank things are so janky, I mean who likes jank? Do you like jank? It's cool and all that characters can warp themselves through time space with their own inherent inertia to become invincible in the Z-axis, but when they do it after firing a projectile THAT'S SO JANK ARE YOU KIDDING ME. DO YOU KNOW HOW WEIRD IT LOOKS (I mean normal air dodges are cool but not after firing something)? DO YOU KNOW HOW NON-MELEE THAT CRAP IS? I MEAN FIRING YOUR GUN AND TOUCHING THE GROUND TO INSTANTLY PUT IT AWAY IS NORMAL I DO THAT ALL THE TME, BUT TO DO AN AIR DODGE AFTER IT? Sakurai never told us that's in the non-jank list. It's time we look at ourselves and get rid of a lot of new stuff we created and kept for three years so we can have fundamentals back into the game.
http://smashboards.com/threads/heads-up.380020/
http://smashboards.com/threads/3-5-zss-discussion.377622/page-6#post-18061389

Well wait sorry, I also realized firing your gun and touching the ground to instantly put it away is also kind of a janky cancel. We should remove that and air dodging and IASA frames as a whole, I don't like seeing these weird janky cancels being done in any form; giving depth in their useful but yet limited specific options that land cancelling, dash cancelling, and air dodge cancelling inquires. I mean why haven't we reverted Lucario's everything already? Except DACUSes, those are still cool; they're not a jank cancel involving a dash attack.

I like my games streamlined, homogenized, and in-line. Basic, barebones, and ready to play. Fundamental to the core, fair, cookie cutter characters with their fat cut, depth constant, creativity normalized. Obeying Smash laws, keeping the deviation standard, letting the best Melee player to always win and continue playing a game that couldn't escape beyond both Melee's pedestal and its chains.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4hAKNwzSJc
http://smashboards.com/threads/3-5-zss-discussion.377622/page-7#post-18075663

Last edited:

Rᴏb

Why are there censors on this site?
yeah ur ****ed kiddo

EDIT: and look at this ***** censor dodging lmfao what a dweeb
bruh please

I get warnings for ****, but you're free to say *****??? Wtf

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I forgive you, but I won't forgive Yeroc's statement if it comes true. They tell me they know how it is to bear with your character being changed every update for the nth time. They finally got a version where Diddy still has his tools to be creative and unexplored for centuries to come, still gets combo'd to be fun to play against, the rest of the cast got their item throws normalized to be faster as to have no reason to have just as much fun using the now one banana for themselves to utilize or throw upwards/off-stage, has no super winning MUs and many tough ones and Smash attacks and dash attacks and throws that only work in the right instances and so on. And same with Wolf, he's like one of the pinnacle characters so far of balanced but fun depth filled Spacie. But then.. well, I feel like Jank things shouldn't exist you know? Jank things are so janky, I mean who likes jank? Do you like jank? It's cool and all that characters can warp themselves through time space with their own inherent inertia to become invincible in the Z-axis, but when they do it after firing a projectile THAT'S SO JANK ARE YOU KIDDING ME. DO YOU KNOW HOW WEIRD IT LOOKS (I mean normal air dodges are cool but not after firing something)? DO YOU KNOW HOW NON-MELEE THAT CRAP IS? I MEAN FIRING YOUR GUN AND TOUCHING THE GROUND TO INSTANTLY PUT IT AWAY IS NORMAL I DO THAT ALL THE TME, BUT TO DO AN AIR DODGE AFTER IT? Sakurai never told us that's in the non-jank list. It's time we look at ourselves and get rid of a lot of new stuff we created and kept for three years so we can have fundamentals back into the game.
http://smashboards.com/threads/heads-up.380020/
http://smashboards.com/threads/3-5-zss-discussion.377622/page-6#post-18061389

Well wait sorry, I also realized firing your gun and touching the ground to instantly put it away is also kind of a janky cancel. We should remove that and air dodging and IASA frames as a whole, I don't like seeing these weird janky cancels being done in any form; giving depth in their useful but yet limited specific options that land cancelling, dash cancelling, and air dodge cancelling inquires. Everything needs to match real life physics more so than Melee physics. Except DACUSes, those are still cool.

I like my games streamlined, homogenized, and in-line. Basic, Barebones, and ready to play. Fundamental to the core, fair, intuitively understandable and comprehensible. Fat cut, depth constant, creativity normalized.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4hAKNwzSJc
Long live the Kong.

Diddy actually has everything a character could want other than a float, djcs, and a dacus/boost grab lol.
I don't know how upset I'd be if they removed the AD cancel. It'd suck, bit maybe they'd make it land cancel or give back the instant shield cancel instead
I'd really miss doing popgun> agt from the ledge to clear some pressure off from the ledge. Using popgun to cover tech chase options would get a lot less fun.

It'd be a nerf, and losing options to do diddys amazing waveland out of would really make him feel more bland. Popgun WL is one of the only things that keep me from only dding with a banana in hand in neutral.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
>playing smash 4
>clearing challenges
>says to do an event match on hard
>aight
>fighting as sheik
>near the edge of omega onett
>c falcon does his jab
>im at 0%
>jab finisher hits me for 2%
>I ****ing die off the side from that

****ing.
percent.

More bull**** than 9.0 classic.
im taking 31% from uncharged ness fsmash.
I lost a stock after taking a luigi fsmash from 23%
Jigglypuff bair killed at like 40%
dr mario tornado almost killed me from 0

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Long live the Kong.

Diddy actually has everything a character could want other than a float, djcs, and a dacus/boost grab lol.
I don't know how upset I'd be if they removed the AD cancel. It'd suck, bit maybe they'd make it land cancel or give back the instant shield cancel instead
I'd really miss doing popgun> agt from the ledge to clear some pressure off from the ledge. Using popgun to cover tech chase options would get a lot less fun.

It'd be a nerf, and losing options to do diddys amazing waveland out of would really make him feel more bland. Popgun WL is one of the only things that keep me from only dding with a banana in hand in neutral.
So you see how "It'd suck, but maybe they'd make it land cancel" is arrested development? If it's already well designed like it is, it does not have to match Melee or match anything for the sake of homogeneity so it can be seen as something that's not a "jank" cancel warranted for removal.

The entire encroaching possible mindset to start removing Diddy and Wolf's AD cancel would be a major blow and unnecessary removal from an intoxicated hierarchy leaving patrons creativity and enjoyment to be and remain at a level going not much farther than Melee like Smash 4 chose with Brawl.

I don't want Balanced Brawl Melee. I welcome new mechanics that have earned their keeping, back when the creators had more inspiration than axes. They already removed Zelda's AD cancel both in her Dins and now her Up-b (which I'm guessing made Zhime so upset? I honestly don't know how I feel about Zelda as do most people, Magus made a post about his reverted decisions and stuff as well). They're going towards the route of seeing if they should homogenize everyone's AD cancel.

Then there's crazy people like Juusichi who want to remove Ike's jump out of QD and stuff lol (as was he a big proponent of removing MK's down-b free action state that came to fruition which I didn't think would).

@Rat did you see this and incorporate it into your game yet? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gBDctEu8Hg&list=UUC_duOivBOekU6LS3_8w25A#t=42

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
Mornin *******. Guess whose finally got a Wii?

Hope there aren't any hiccups today in workin the wifi and dl'in PM. #anxiety/excitement

edit: now #anxiety/excrement :(

Last edited:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
I want more Onepunch-Man already

Someone translate more of the webcomic for me, unless translations for that are basically up to date. I know about the redrawn series but they are only like halfway to where the original stuff is at. I NEED MORE DAMNIT
You might want to read Mob Psycho 100 then.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
So worrying about the future of Project M development is fine, but when the biggest complaints about 3.5 seem to be "I can't control the whole stage and literally freeze my opponent in place to combo him without committing to it first!" and "I can't teleport around unimpeded without timing my recovery!" then I can't be too worried about their direction.

You need more precision in 3.5 (which should be required for all advanced techniques) and not like everyone is ever happy anyway.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Welp, I can't complete Subspace.

I'm stuck in the Great Maze forever because for SOME REASON, PKMN Trainer and Ice Climbers freeze up the game when their emerald versions try to show up and fight me, so I can't clear out the entire maze to get to Tabuu.

Thanks PMDT.

Ugh, the one thing I was looking forward to the most...

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
yay i got subtweeted on smashboards. @ SpiderMad SpiderMad

Yes, I still don't like Ike QD JC and I don't feel that'll ever be removed.

I want Diddy and Wolf AD nB's gone and I hope they will in the future. They will still be good projectiles without them (gasp).

Also glad that MK DC->thing is gone. I could mention more about your various claims, but it's not really worth it.

Thanks for the mention. I'll take being "crazy" as a good thing, I guess lol. <3

Last edited:

Rᴏb

I'd be thankful too, Subspace is pretty bad. I hope they make a new adventure mode or something.

Anyone know any good folk singers similar to S&G or Jackson C. Frank?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
@ Kaye Cruiser Kaye Cruiser I think you got your wish with an auto l-cancel code.

Merry Christmas!
I'm much more concerned and absolutely ****ing pissed annoyed about not being able to finish SSE right now.

I've gotten so used to l-canceling in 3.5 now that I don't really care that much anymore, honestly. For some reason, I was having a hard time l-canceling and wavedashing when transitioning from 3.02 to 3.5. It was weird. I got better, though.

But eh, might as well get it if I can actually find it. I'm guessing it's up on PM's reddit?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I want Diddy and Wolf AD nB's gone and I hope they will in the future. They will still be good projectiles without them (gasp).
As a Wolf user myself, I actually agree with this. He's honestly more than good enough without it.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
yay i got subtweeted on smashboards. @ SpiderMad SpiderMad

Yes, I still don't like Ike QD JC and I don't feel that'll ever be removed.

Also glad that MK DC->thing is gone. I could mention more about your various claims, but it's not really worth it.

Thanks for the mention. I'll take being "crazy" as a good thing, I guess lol. <3
That's gay and PMBR is gay

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337

**** ***** i play pso2 and i own stock in Sega and I watch sega theme'd shows like Hi-sCool! Sega Hard Girls (See avatar and signature)

Wtf man that's intense

I've never even played a 2d sonic game.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
That's semantics though. Once you're gay, you're gay forever. Who's your gay waifu? And your gay husbando? Also your gay 3dpd.

Last edited:

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Preach it SpiderMad!

Jank is just a stupid word people use for something they don't agree with. Replace it with "cheap" and suddenly you are no different from any other scrub.

Last edited:
Top Bottom