• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

MM3K

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM3000
3DS FC
3308-4705-1012
But what about our purity... and stuff... that's gotta count for something...

...right guys?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I've been enjoying playing matches in Smash 4 against other human beings, but unlocking **** has reminded why I get so damn bored of doing it: no sense of tactics against CPUs. Just camp grabs/smash attacks or have fun dealing with frame-perfect air dodges and rolls into dumb bull****. It's not even remotely fun. Melee/PM single player is at least somewhat fun because you can combo the CPU's balls off and just not care.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
You seen any of the other stuff on netflex lately, like uh... My little monster? Trying to remember what else is on there at the moment. Anyways, I liked how it started off, but then it was like sike.
Tonari no kaibutsu kun is really cute
>virgins
>pm social thread
lmao never change pm social
I too have never boned someone

Lizalfos

Smash Master
OH WOW

I just played PM Falco with a GC controller or the first time. That wavedash is so much better. Fire Bird is so much better.
They are little things, but I feel the difference. I like it.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Also Neon hasn't replied to my AMA request. Anyone (sort of notable players) want to do an AMA in the PM subreddit tomorrow?

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
OH WOW

I just played PM Falco with a GC controller or the first time. That wavedash is so much better. Fire Bird is so much better.
They are little things, but I feel the difference. I like it.
... Don't play Falco anymore my god

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Knuckles is made into a full blown idiot on Sonic Boom. If it actually led to funny jokes like when he called Sonic his sidekick and dubbing him Knuckles Jr. in the premiere episode, then it might be worth it. But more often than not they just insult Knuckles and there is no joke.
They couldn't let Knuckles be anything more than an idiot because that's the stick that Sega has been beating him over the head with for years now as they continue to ruin the characters that they created. Knuckles was never supposed to be stupid either, he was just naive, having never really had experience dealing with people that might lie to him. They cranked it up and made him into this overly trustful moron who got tricked every day. Along comes Sonic Boom and they turn the naivety into illiteracy, general stupidity, and MUSCLES MUSCLES MUSCLES.

Knuckles in Sonic Boom is so far the only character that's made me chuckle, but it's few and far inbetween. Honestly this show wouldn't seem so terrible to me if there was actually a backstory or some effort at explaining a backstory. As is,they're just throwing these characters together and assuming us to either already have known or to read the comics and play the games in order to understand why these characters are there. They should take a cue from The Looney Tunes show, in implementing a scenario, explaining quickly with a few lines why they're there and then introducing characters that we already knew. Then they can get to the slapstick, but when we're just expected to know and go with it, it's just too stupidly written for me to enjoy.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Went to the comments and saw someone post "at least its [Smash 4] balanced". I'm so tired of people saying this less than two years into the game's life. Give it some time.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
So it doesnt matter how badly Diddy gets nerfed, bad people will still get salty and call him broken

Like ****, I was playing some friendlies with some newer people, just trying to get my diddy back up to shape and learn how to punish habits and stuff, and the salt just kept pouring in. This one guy plays falco/falcon, and before he would get salty I would tech chase and get like 3 upsmashes from one hitconfirm, but now since upsmash doesn't work, he gets salty that I upthrow tech chased him 0-death, because thats all Diddy has anymore in fast faller MU's until they get to around 60% where things actually leads to combos.

RIP diddy players, still have to put up with bull**** from people that dont want to learn counterplay.

New diddy is hella fun though. Having to use up-air and all its different hitboxes in combos to just get anything off of them is really fun and is opening up a lot of better punish strings for me.
Still sad that I cant footstool anymore, and throwing a banana down on a shield doesn't instant trip, but I still have z-drop>cross up back air to force a slip shenanagains and other guardbreak setups are in the works.

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
@DrinkingFood CALM DOWN HE'S JUST A CHILD

EDIT: NVM @Lunchables BRINGING THIS BACK?
EDIT2: nvm again, rip Lunch, he's gonna have to eat his lunchables through a straw now.

Good stuff DF

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
So it doesnt matter how badly Diddy gets nerfed, bad people will still get salty and call him broken

Like ****, I was playing some friendlies with some newer people, just trying to get my diddy back up to shape and learn how to punish habits and stuff, and the salt just kept pouring in. This one guy plays falco/falcon, and before he would get salty I would tech chase and get like 3 upsmashes from one hitconfirm, but now since upsmash doesn't work, he gets salty that I upthrow tech chased him 0-death, because thats all Diddy has anymore in fast faller MU's until they get to around 60% where things actually leads to combos.

RIP diddy players, still have to put up with bull**** from people that dont want to learn counterplay.

New diddy is hella fun though. Having to use up-air and all its different hitboxes in combos to just get anything off of them is really fun and is opening up a lot of better punish strings for me.
Still sad that I cant footstool anymore, and throwing a banana down on a shield doesn't instant trip, but I still have z-drop>cross up back air to force a slip shenanagains and other guardbreak setups are in the works.
I'm sorry that you have to deal with that crap. I really get dumbfounded at people at times when people don't do research on game engines and/ or characters and properties of moves all because of ignorance and salt.

ZiggaWaTT

Smash Journeyman
R.O.B dittos in both winners finals and grand finals. What is this 3.5 sorcery?!
Edit: nvm oracle decided to go Zard this time around

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
**** I'm missing a tloc stream
at least it's for lab work, gotta map out those tech chase flowcharts on spacies

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Yayy, at zero % flaco/wolf come out of hitstun the frame after diddy comes out of his upthrow animation, and with good di on their parts (Wolf's is really easy, flaco difficult )they can just jump/shine us out of it if we do anything but shield. I've had a cpu falco so this twice to me. At least fox hits the ground before he comes out of hitstun.
So at zero I have to hope they don't react to an instant upthrow with decent di, and then I have to react to spacie tech rolls. Wolf/fox you can react too, but like shiek in melee, to cover falco di away> tech away you have to predict the tech away and start moving that way before he techs. His rolls are too good that you shouldn't be able to do it on reaction.
falcon just falls out of it at low percents, lands without tumble before I'm done with the animation.
I thought I found a solution to these matchup at least early %, but it looks like I have to camp until like 15% or hope they don't automatically di throws when they know they are getting grabbed like most good spacie players do.

Oh well. Planned on making a video guide for the Diddy boards but they are so dead.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
there are lots of throws where you are at a disadvantage at very low percents, it's not uncommon. can you pummel them once then uthrow and have them not be out of hitstun? they could probably mash out during the pummel though

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
I forgot about the steins;gate movie. Just watched it. God why did that anime have to end. It's so amazing.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
there are lots of throws where you are at a disadvantage at very low percents, it's not uncommon. can you pummel them once then uthrow and have them not be out of hitstun? they could probably mash out during the pummel though
I'll try this.

Dont have the ability to have the spacies mash out frame perfect since my roomates are out, I know you can get out of grabs at zero if they pummel, but I'll just have to hope they dont react or I get some earlier %.

Up-date: If I pummel once at zero i have a bit more frame advantage but they also have a frame or two extra with no hitstun before they hit the ground. Wolf's shine was easy enough for me to do consistently without frame advance.

Its such a Matchup specific thing and so timing/reaction heavy that it doesn't effect much at all right now, most players will just want to DI away and tech and assume they get knocked down. Once the meta develops this could be a problem though

D-throw tech chases at zero is the way to go i guess.

Last edited:

White Light

Smash Journeyman
Final fantasy XIII-2 is such a great game; the dialogue options allow for some great humor and world building, the battles are interesting and varied thanks to being able to swap leaders and monsters fighting with you, boss fights are grand-scale and the music kicks ass. Sorry for that, but I have to recommend it somewhere haha.

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
So I'm testing word cloud stuff
Final fantasy XIII-2 is such a great game; the dialogue options allow for some great humor and world building, the battles are interesting and varied thanks to being able to swap leaders and monsters fighting with you, boss fights are grand-scale and the music kicks ***. Sorry for that, but I have to recommend it somewhere haha.
I liked the paradigm shift system from the whole FF13 series, especially the first one. Are there any other games that have similar systems?

Espi

Smash Journeyman
How often do you guys go to tournies? I go to the 2 monthlies in my region. One for pure Melee and the other is PM/Smash 4 Sat and Melee Sunday. When we had weeklies going, I was going to a tourny every week rofl

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
How often do you guys go to tournies? I go to the 2 monthlies in my region. One for pure Melee and the other is PM/Smash 4 Sat and Melee Sunday. When we had weeklies going, I was going to a tourny every week rofl
We have no consistent tournament hosts here in Hawai'i.
And whenever there is a tourney, it's only Melee, cause all of the hosts think PM is lame.

I've taken almost every opportunity, and I've only attended 4 tournaments since April.

:/

Got 5th at the last one, tho.

Espi

Smash Journeyman
We have no consistent tournament hosts here in Hawai'i.
And whenever there is a tourney, it's only Melee, cause all of the hosts think PM is lame.

I've taken almost every opportunity, and I've only attended 4 tournaments since April.

:/

Got 5th at the last one, tho.
I'm definitely grateful that I live in a region with plenty of events.

Top Bottom