• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
It's a one day event, right? This is absolutely ridiculous. I've heard this is a trend from Keitaro's tournaments. I don't know why people continue to support them if they are always like this.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
keitaro is biased, and his organization was always bad, dont you remember what happened last sktar

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
I agree with what TK mentioned about how Keitaro as the TO should not participate as a player in the tourney. Also, I might have gotten the wrong impression, but is the time between calling out the next match and threatening DQ supposed to be as short as Keitaro was calling it?

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
It's a one day event, right? This is absolutely ridiculous. I've heard this is a trend from Keitaro's tournaments. I don't know why people continue to support them if they are always like this.
THIS was the schedule he posted on FB
10 am: Registration begins
11 am: Smash 4 Doubles
11:30 am: Project M Doubles
12:00 pm: Melee Doubles
2:00 pm: Smash 4 4v4
3:00 pm: Smash 4 Singles
3:30 pm: Project M Singles
4:00 pm: Melee Singles

No matter how hard streaming Smash 4 was, a one-day tournament should not have 7 events, especially if one or more of those events have 130+ entrants, and especially if its a qualifier. I don't care how behind schedule the tournament was (apparently was three hours behind schedule), this should not have been the schedule in the first place.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I agree with what TK mentioned about how Keitaro as the TO should not participate as a player in the tourney. Also, I might have gotten the wrong impression, but is the time between calling out the next match and threatening DQ supposed to be as short as Keitaro was calling it?
It's normally like 5-10 min after the match is called. They'll do a final call then dq. No idea what keitaro was doing.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Who won BUST anyway? I couldn't find the stream anywhere and the one linked in the front page probably wasn't the right one since nothing showed. If MDZ won imma gonna flip lol

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
A Keitaro tournament ran overtime/was organized poorly? Wow that never happens :yeahboi:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
That tournament standard time folks( TST).

Also our first smash 4 tourney is up on YouTube and my match with the villager player starts around the 31:30 mark for those who was curious.

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
That tournament standard time folks( TST).

Also our first smash 4 tourney is up on YouTube and my match with the villager player starts around the 31:30 mark for those who was curious.
I think that was the least interesting set I've ever watched

batistabus

Smash Journeyman
So...I personally think the Project M 3.5 theme sounds better at 1.25x speed. I really liked the song, but I thought it was a little too slow. Tried speeding it up on the YouTube video, and...yeah.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I think that was the least interesting set I've ever watched
Watching it again I agree lol but I missed so many punishes and some of those rolls was suppose to be buffered dash attacks and the mistime of the yolo Dair on game 2 was a foolish mistake on my part. Just have to research the matchup and the Wii U stages whenever I get another chance to play Wii U version.

EDIT: I'm a scrub lol.

Last edited:

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Yayy, at zero % flaco/wolf come out of hitstun the frame after diddy comes out of his upthrow animation, and with good di on their parts (Wolf's is really easy, flaco difficult )they can just jump/shine us out of it if we do anything but shield. I've had a cpu falco so this twice to me. At least fox hits the ground before he comes out of hitstun.
So at zero I have to hope they don't react to an instant upthrow with decent di, and then I have to react to spacie tech rolls. Wolf/fox you can react too, but like shiek in melee, to cover falco di away> tech away you have to predict the tech away and start moving that way before he techs. His rolls are too good that you shouldn't be able to do it on reaction.
falcon just falls out of it at low percents, lands without tumble before I'm done with the animation.
I thought I found a solution to these matchup at least early %, but it looks like I have to camp until like 15% or hope they don't automatically di throws when they know they are getting grabbed like most good spacie players do.

Oh well. Planned on making a video guide for the Diddy boards but they are so dead.
You can react to Falco's DI+tech away in Melee with PAL Sheik even, in NTSC it's really easy. Obviously Diddy doesn't have a giant boost grab, but yeah.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Tbh kotoura san could have been better. The first episode was the best episode. They really drove the whole perverted thoughts joke into the ground. The story would have benefited immensely if manabe were simply a loony imaginative fellow. If he spent less time thinking about getting it on with haruka and just spent that time having crazy thoughts like when he gets introduced, this could have been a truly amazing show. As it stands, the first episode made me cry and the rest of it was . . . not nearly as good tbh.

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
Trying my Wolf out in tourney for the first time today; think I'm going to have my tag as Barry Manilow just for this as a fresh start.

Wish me luck.

Last edited:

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
Sooo.. I went to that weekly that was like so far away from me yesterday, and then the main players weren't even there.

Smh, I was hoping to get exposed and bodied. Disappoint.

At least I had fun though, first time face-to-face with people instead of netplay, game felt very easy on a crt instead of HDMI. Might need to hook up my old CRT again, I didn't think the difference was that much until now.

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
poo and I just REALLY gave it to each other a few times. It felt sooo good!

But forreal some great dorf v robin matches

also anyone else who wants a bootfull of dorf up deyz ass just PM me plz

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
poo and I just REALLY gave it to each other a few times. It felt sooo good!

But forreal some great dorf v robin matches

also anyone else who wants a bootfull of dorf up deyz *** just PM me plz
I will, find you.

Last edited:

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
So pissed that I have so much homework this week. PM 3.5 and Smash Wii U within one week? **** grad school mang.

PM 3.5... feels largely the same to me, but I'm a filthy casual. I do like the :ganondorf: changes though. I feel like a damn god now :estatic:

Smash 4, still loving :4bowser: and :4morton: (Team Koopa 4 Lyfe), but I also fell for a new character... :4zss:
I hope that this isn't just infatuation.

Last edited:

TreK

Is "that guy"
So I just hosted a tourney with a pretty low amount of entrants, but extremely high average level

TIL :
-Leffen is actually pretty chill irl
-I now understand why people who are late make TOs mad
-People don't care about brackets being online, they're just going to flock to your PC and never check the brackets online by themselves. The only people who do care about brackets being online are actually stream viewers.
-UCK/Salty Playground rocks ! My streaming PC overheated because I didn't realize I needed my notebook cooler when I'm streaming, UCK handled the whole streaming stuff himself brilliantly <3
-I'm too weak minded to actually quit Ivysaur despite my infinite rage against the Marth matchup.
-People who complain about 3.5 ZSS have no idea, she's fiiiine =P

I'm tired af right now

Top Bottom