• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
How often do you guys go to tournies? I go to the 2 monthlies in my region. One for pure Melee and the other is PM/Smash 4 Sat and Melee Sunday. When we had weeklies going, I was going to a tourny every week rofl
I don't anymore.
Am too strapped for cash for it to be worth shirking on what could go to bills.
Wack, but that's the way it goes.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
How often do you guys go to tournies? I go to the 2 monthlies in my region. One for pure Melee and the other is PM/Smash 4 Sat and Melee Sunday. When we had weeklies going, I was going to a tourny every week rofl
At least once a week. We have more, but I'm a poor college student.
Free Melee weeklies on friday, normally have a PM setup or two, sometimes run PM singles as a side event. Thursday night we have smashfests from like 5:30 till people have to leave at like 4 am.
Saturdays we have biweeklies for Melee/PM/Sm4sh. If we feel like driving out sister city Tuscon, like 2 hours south, also has friday weeklies and saturday biweeklies.
Then we have our Scrub That Dish weekly every monday. And then we have the PIT, which is a smashfest at heysuess' house every tuesday night, normally has a free bracket.
Tl;dr, theres a lot of smash going on in AZ.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
So I just woke up
what's up with you guys?
Saw a kid gazing in slight awe at the Smash Wii U/Amibo stand. It's so great that Smash is gonna last for generations. But in 5 years from now I'm gonna have to tell them they were playing the bad version and need to dedicate another 5 years to playing the good one.

And "Amibos" costing more than $10 is lol. Well actually, it might be fine to have them at $13 or whatever. All the reasons why they would want to sell them high seem to add up in view of the game, rather than it being a little figure. Makes the kid only get one, makes them only train with one, which if they had two/three or more they might not care and stuff.

Like Sakurai said in interviews, you need the casual audience appeal or all the other audiences could die out.

Last edited:

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
I dont go to tourneys at all, not that there are any that I could attend anyways, there was this ign smash 4 wii u tournament yesterday and the day before but I was busy at that time

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
god damn it, was there a top-end ROB vs tlink match happening the one time I wasn't paying attention

D

Deleted member

It was basically just chaingrabbing and projectile spam for 15-20 minutes. Honestly, its pretty boring LOL

SpiderMad

Smash Master
So it doesnt matter how badly Diddy gets nerfed, bad people will still get salty and call him broken

RIP diddy players, still have to put up with bull**** from people that dont want to learn counterplay.
They can get mad, but then can MM me in Melee and lose to Falco. And I can easily provoke the same salt with Laser camping (though salty people get salty at anything). Some people obnoxiously complain about his dair in Melee though (DLA), might cause a little more talk on that now that PM nerfed it (probly slightly DLA's doing). I'm not up to complain about my character every time I play, gonna just tell you to Falco ditto me; which is exactly why I play Falco after I couldn't beat my Asian friend's Falco (when he was playing good enough to get past the jank I threw at him). Now though he visited back from far away college and played me, but he's rusty so it didn't feel good at all to finally be better than him now after it's been years. Was one of the inspirations you wanted to get better for (for Melee).

Oh and he instantly called most every PM char broken as we both laughed, while he was here and played some of that. He wasn't far off at all lol.

there are lots of throws where you are at a disadvantage at very low percents, it's not uncommon. can you pummel them once then uthrow and have them not be out of hitstun? they could probably mash out during the pummel though
which?
If anyone cares my friend code is 5159-9613-1469
I might get some free time in a few days or more to play you

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Need suggestions for labbing music
(No, not that Dexter back to the lab again mix)

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Tool foo

Don't download their discography on Pirate Bay, I do not condone such activity. Then definitely don't listen to Opiate, Lateralus, and AEnima, since they're really good but you don't own those albums. Or you could use Youtube, see one of my more recent posts in the Tier List Spec. thread with links.

Other options include: Playing/Downloading the Drum and Bass link in my sig.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
My labbing music is a mix of ragtime/jazz like this
mixed with some punkish alt
Then all of Conor Oberst's music (above one is technically this too) because I want his babies
And then Watsky/Shad

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Somehow I knew I'd get a thousand different types of music asking that
I think I'll just work on my own though thanks guys

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
sorry shairn you need to spend a lot of money on new audio equipment before you practice in PM, I guess

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Also Neon hasn't replied to my AMA request. Anyone (sort of notable players) want to do an AMA in the PM subreddit tomorrow?
Maybe when the PMDepot empire reaches 1,000 subs. I'll stop answering all comments/questions for now in anticipation :upsidedown:

Actually even by that time I don't know if The Path (-Of the Smash Destiny PM Continuum) will come anywhere close to fruition, so some of the stuff I'd want to talk about I wouldn't be able to go in depth on or reveal. Not everything has been revealed to me either.

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
He actually contacted me whilst I was at work tonight. Honestly Mad you're a cool guy and moderately notable because of PMDepot, but you haven't put out anything significant in a while imo. If you released a couple of tech guides or maybe like a bunch of your early aerial challenges to make you a little more notable, I'd totally be down with giving you one. You certainly have a lot of top level MU knowledge, but you don't have much of a presence in the subreddit so I don't think you'd really get a lot of questions.

TLDR you're a cool guy (I mean you're on the PMS tier list with all the other cool kids) but maybe not well known enough in the subreddit for an AMA yet. Grow that sub count and Get Known in the sub and I'll totally give you an AMA though.

Somehow I knew I'd get a thousand different types of music asking that
I think I'll just work on my own though thanks guys
No you're going to listen to Drudkh like the rest of us.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Well yeah, I presume 1,000 subs wouldn't happen anytime soon.

and the future of the PMDepot empire would include next of kin co-creators, like Odds, who's making Bowser stuff

Last edited:

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
We have no consistent tournament hosts here in Hawai'i.
And whenever there is a tourney, it's only Melee, cause all of the hosts think PM is lame.

I've taken almost every opportunity, and I've only attended 4 tournaments since April.

:/

Got 5th at the last one, tho.
Oahu or the big island?

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
The way the KTAR XI stream is being handled is really irksome. I understand that getting Wii U set ups are difficult and there wasn't a big precedent before this, but the fact that he's cutting out the Melee stream is extremely upsetting, at an Apex 2015 qualifier event no less.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
menu themes?
cant get enough of it
forgot what is the 4th menu theme that im using

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
The way the KTAR XI stream is being handled is really irksome. I understand that getting Wii U set ups are difficult and there wasn't a big precedent before this, but the fact that he's cutting out the Melee stream is extremely upsetting, at an Apex 2015 qualifier event no less.
Its really poorly run. Like very poorly.

Most people didn't start their first round melee pools till 10:45.

Top Bottom