• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
oh man my hoodie got in the mail finally
WHO WANTS TO SEE IT? well to hell with you you're seeing it anyways

it actually fits quite nice. bit of a tight neckline but that may be because my head is the size of a small province

W¡ndy

Smash Cadet
Is there any point to wavelanding in a direction opposite the direction you are moving. (as a matter of fact, is it even possible?)

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Of course, mindgames. You could make your opponent think you're moving a certain direction but then change it up upon landing.

Sizzlorr217

Smash Cadet
Guys guys guys... My long awated Gamecube Controller from Japan just hit the mail!
This feels so awesome, it's so new and springy and... Ohhh!!!

DSC_0709.jpg

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Is there any point to wavelanding in a direction opposite the direction you are moving. (as a matter of fact, is it even possible?)
Sure it's possible.
And it's definitely useful as a defensive repositioning, or as a feint; you empty jump in at your opponent and waveland out of reach of any potential reaction but leave yourself with enough room to punish if they do react. For a lot of characters they can also just toss out a non-committing aerial and waveland out of it which has its own advantages and disadvantages.
Think of it in the same way you would use dash dancing in this regard but make note of a major difference: jumping takes a lot of commitment. You are leaving yourself open for a longer period of time, and for most characters being caught in the air is very very bad making this pretty bad if things go wrong. But your opponent knows the additional vulnerability of jumping which can make them more likely to react than to just dash dancing.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Come join the WPC (white power controller) master race. You know you want to break a stick in yourself.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
So on Sunday I found out my Wii can read CD's still, I just gotta shove it in a bit after inserting it. Guess who's gonna go buy a brand new Brawl disk and an 8GB SD card? THIS GUY RIGHT HERE.

Although I'm still gonna USB Load everything else....

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
If I'm allowed to ask, what was the file in the original 3.02 release that had the errors?
I don't think it was causing errors because I haven't even used the "new" 3.02 and the old one is working fine for me. I remember someone saying something about a file the PMBR doesn't want the public to have so I'll have to delete my copy soon to avoid getting into trouble.

EDIT: And deleted.

Tlock

Smash Apprentice
I wonder if Nintendo realizes just how many new copies of Brawl are being sold with no intention of playing it.
Pretty sure Nintendo doesn't actually make new copies of Brawl anymore. All the copies for sale are either used copies from Gamestop and similar gaming shops or new copies that large retailers purchased years ago that they just keep in inventory until they sell all of them. Correct me if I am wrong.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
If I'm allowed to ask, what was the file in the original 3.02 release that had the errors?
The game breaking bug was kirby's lucario hat canceling aura sphere. It caused him to freeze and place and he could not move or do anything at all. Along with fixing that glitch, I fixed roy's final smash clanking causing him to go invisible and falco's fsmash charge graphics are now properly on his feet. The name heights on the CSPs were also lowered to their original positions before the color bars were put in.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
The game breaking bug was kirby's lucario hat canceling aura sphere. It caused him to freeze and place and he could not move or do anything at all. Along with fixing that glitch, I fixed roy's final smash clanking causing him to go invisible and falco's fsmash charge graphics are now properly on his feet. The name heights on the CSPs were also lowered to their original positions before the color bars were put in.
That's not what I was asking. The original 3.02 release didn't have those errors, but there was a file that you guys wanted to hide from us or something. If you can't answer what it is, then I understand, but now I'm curious on what that file was. XD

Tlock

Smash Apprentice
I just looked at the stream schedule, and on Friday only 3 of the 12 hours of Project M is getting streamed... Like really? Get VG Bootcamp there and just let them stream PM for the day.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
To any PMBR member out there. What was it in the 3.01 build that made the Damage Gauge automatically set to "On"? It was taken out in 3.02 and I'd like to know if there's a way I can set it to default in my own build again. It's not anything major, it's just for my own convenience.

EDIT: Nvm, installed 3.02 wrong. It's fixed now.

Last edited:

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well I've got a copy of 3.02 from 3am last night but I have no idea what I'm looking for in it!

Handy Man

Smash Ace
Now that I think about it, I remember hearing that there was also going to be an item that was going to return from Melee, but it never returned in 3.0 like it was supposed to. Does anyone know what that item is?

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
ya i'll have a recording setup as well. will probably end up using the built-in webcam as well to make it easier to identify bracket matches. assuming they don't limit bracket matches only on recording setups. hated having to sift through friendlies last year :/

Luigifan, i was overconfident in my ability to return the cloaking device. it will not return unless i end up making some incredible progress on it at some point

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
are you ****ing kidding me 3.02 comes out now

dammit, i just got done fixing all my music and **** last night too

Spiffykins

Smash Ace
Does anyone else think maybe one of the reasons wavedashing feels weird/different from Melee is the sound effect when you airdodge into the ground? What if it was removed, do you think it would give a more Melee-esque feel?

Handy Man

Smash Ace
are you ****ing kidding me 3.02 comes out now

dammit, i just got done fixing all my music and **** last night too
Don't worry, the switch to 3.02 is much easier. All you have to change are FitFalco.pac, FitRoy.pac, FitKirby.pac, and common5.pac.

Kati

Smash Lord
So 3.02 is a go and safe now right? Also can anyone second Luigifan's statement?

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
So 3.02 is a go and safe now right? Also can anyone second Luigifan's statement?
The name heights on CSPs were lowered to where they should be now that color bars are gone. Kirby Lucario hat canceling aura sphere no longer freezes you in place. Roy's final smash no longer has him invisible if you clank the attack. Falco fsmash charge gfx are now properly on his feet.

That is the entire 3.02 changelist.

Top Bottom