• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Nguz95

Smash Lord
PM is all I need man. I haven't touched my copy of Pokemon X under the pretense that I have stuff to study for, but I've been slipping in some PM practice every now and again...

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
Stupid question time. In the Apex streaming schedule, what does the white 'Key' bar stand for? Is that like a main stream or no stream at all?

Edit: Lol, Key means key. For some reason I must have had a brainfart when I was looking at the schedule.

But does that mean the times in white aren't streamed at all? eg. the first round of pools for PM.

Last edited:

Revven

FrankerZ
Project M pools for Apex were posted for those unaware: http://smashboards.com/threads/apex-2014-bracket-pools-announced.346004/

If you signed up, go see where you are and who you're up against. Otherwise, if you're not going, you can just see what the competition is like in each pool lol.

Also, of note, pools 17-24 are the ones that are going to be streamed on Friday iirc. We won't be seeing Armada's pool, I think. =(

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Bring in dem caskets.

EDIT: Yo Strongbad and Korean DJ in the same pool have to check that pool out.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
So I bought a gaming PC and plan to get a better Internet connection / streaming tools. I'll try getting a sort of amateur studio setup. I should be able to stream material for whenever the next version is closer to release.

With this, I am broke x_x.

SunJester

Smash Ace
Some hype matches I've noticed.

Leffen vs Nintendude, Strongbad vs KDJ, Eli vs Salem, Dj Nintendo vs Vist

I was mostly skimming and didn't look too hard though. Looks like pools are gonna be awesome.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
hey guys, remember that FF6 mobile game which probably wasn't gonna be rly that bad??

well, uh

hmm.

...are we sure this isn't an RPGMaker game? absolutely positive?

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
Based solely on names and hype factor, I'm going to write who I want to win pools
no seriously these are 100% legit predictions
1. Armada
2. Nipps
3. 420YoloSwag4Jesus
4. Hbox
5. the guy whose name is simply "Roy"
6. Tortilla Jackson
7. Axe
8. Yung Miami
9. Jolteon
10. Oracle
11. Attila the Hun is going to upset M2K
12. Pikapika!
13. C-money
14. Raptor will literally slaughter Wombat
15. Squeak
16. SF vs EastCoastEddie
17. Storm cuz mahvel
18. AceAttorneyGod
19. ORLY?
20. xXxL337$N1P4H4X0RxXx
21. The NZA
22. Machiavelli or Leelue
23. RingWormTheDestroyer
24. idk anyone in this pool so I'll go with the guy named P!
25. Oro
26. GHNeko
27. KB64 presents *koropuns*
28. Rizner cuz Kirby
29. Rolex
30. Cash and Hoe4u
31. Internet Explorer
32. Rat is going to get eaten by Wolf

JOE!

Smash Hero
We're talking about a hypothetical game we would make if we had the skills/resources for it. He, I, JOE!, and a few others had a separate conversation about it after we taked about it for a little while a long time ago in the social thread. We fleshed out a lot of gameply mechanics/ideas for gameplay mechanics, tossed around some character ideas, Kink had a lot to say about art/music direction too. We haven't talked about it in awhile in that convo but that hasn't stopped me from brainstorming about it every waking day of my life

Well, at least, that's his interpretation of his perfect game. Which is pretty goddamn close to mine, we had a lot of design philosphies in common which is why we ever got on the topic of designing a game in the first place.

I feel like I was born to design a game, even just an "indie" game, or design something at least, but I suck at doing things that don't fall into my hands. ugh.

Yeah, we need to get on that **** again once I have time away from making this game

Kind of a mix between castle crashers and paper mario "Cardboard Castle".

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
@ shadow0x0cloud shadow0x0cloud I know this is out of the blue but do you have space in your room for one more person? Shell (fantastic PMBR member) is thinking about going but would need a place to stay and is willing to pay for his share of the room. If you don't have space, does anyone else going to APEX have room? :D

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
these are going to be some of the hardest pools i have ever seen for both melee and pm. top 2 making it out makes it even more insane. my goal now is to at least win 2 sets lol
The Project M and Melee pools will be crazy just like the Prison Arc in One Piece. Mass Hysteria, Salt and BODY BAGS EVERYWHERE.

All I gotta say is good luck to all who is going let the Rules OF Nature fuel your rage to destroy your opponents.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I've never seen a Gamecube controller (aside from blurry pics) until today so this may seem like a stupid question to you but not to me. I bought a GC controller today for a tournament with a "no turbo buttons" rule. The controller is new and from Gamestop but I noticed after the purchase that it has two Z buttons, a normal z button and a z button with the word "Turbo" under it. Does this mean I can't enter the tournament or is this normal for a white gamecube controller? :(

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
I've never seen a Gamecube controller (aside from blurry pics) until today so this may seem like a stupid question to you but not to me. I bought a GC controller today for a tournament with a "no turbo buttons" rule. The controller is new and from Gamestop but I noticed after the purchase that it has two Z buttons, a normal z button and a z button with the word "Turbo" under it. Does this mean I can't enter the tournament or is this normal for a white gamecube controller? :(
You'd have to bring that up to the TO. That is a third party controller. First party ones do not have turbo buttons and they have the Nintendo logo in the center.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Rule of thumb NEVER BUY 3RD PARTY CONTROLLERS UNLESS THEY ARE ARCADE STICKS. When people offer them to me I tell them to shove it and I wont lay a finger on those things unless I absolutely have to.

shadow0x0cloud

Smash Apprentice
@ shadow0x0cloud shadow0x0cloud I know this is out of the blue but do you have space in your room for one more person? Shell (fantastic PMBR member) is thinking about going but would need a place to stay and is willing to pay for his share of the room. If you don't have space, does anyone else going to APEX have room? :D
If it was up to me, I would definitely say yes. But I am staying at my father's house for the weekend, and so I would have to ask him. Knowing him however he is almost definitely going to say no ( him being a stranger and all) but I will still try.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Gamegenie is officially a bro for knowing the RULES OF NATURE
Dude that's like my favorite song right now plus I been playing Revengence for the past 2 days on top of Killer is Dead and Fire Emblem Awakening. Soo many games in my library to play and soo little time :(

Top Bottom