• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Paradoxium

Smash Master
Can anyone explain to me why melee just seems so much more clear and clean than pm? I've been switching back and forth and it's the one thing that's bugging me

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Please put in Dankey Kang for PM everyone, he really needs the support.
No, Cougar. We need someone majestic who does everything on all fours even when he jumps.
Sound design is more crisp, as is the lighting, which features less ambient light sources than Brawl. Swords sound like someone swinging around a wet paper towel in Brawl.
I'm still really indifferent on it. Melee's saturated style is great but when people put Melee sound effects into PM it doesn't feel right to me.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
:applejack:

I'm not sorry.
She'd might require too many articles if you went off her Fighting is Magic style (maybe her lasso could be her grab), besides getting PM S&D'd too. Going with a straight animal is perfect for no legal issues, though you'd have to animate the cougar a lot to get it to be life like and majestic =( (you can export animations from Maya now though)

Oh that reminds me, what did they do to the models to make them not lag? Can you visually see them look worse from it?

Last edited:

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Just so everyone knows, 2 GB PNY SD cards are not always 2 GB. The ones I got were actually like 3.17 GB. Not sure where to post this but to save you some money

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
She'd might require too many articles if you went off her Fighting is Magic style (maybe her lasso could be her grab), besides getting PM S&D'd too. Going with a straight animal is perfect for no legal issues, though you'd have to animate the cougar a lot to get it to be life like and majestic =(

Oh that reminds me, what did they do to the models to make them not lag? Can you visually see them look worse from it?
Ganon clone for two command grabs. GET IN. I would literally make that as a PSA if I knew how, just for kicks.

The old model importer had some weird glitch where it calculated all of the... somethings... three times over. Maybe. That's what I was told.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Just so everyone knows, 2 GB PNY SD cards are not always 2 GB. The ones I got were actually like 3.17 GB. Not sure where to post this but to save you some money
That's the first time I've ever heard of a company putting more memory instead of less than what they advertise it as. Seriously, all of my external hard drives are at least 50 GB less than what they were advertised to be.

I already liked PNY in general, but I might start preferring them over SanDisk if that's the case. Obviously not for P:M tho :p

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
From my recollection it was a set of 2 GB cards for like ten or fifteen dollars. So I dunno if it's just me or not then, but both cards were like that haha

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
Can anyone explain to me why melee just seems so much more clear and clean than pm? I've been switching back and forth and it's the one thing that's bugging me
I just played Melee for the first time in a couple months recently.
I thought it was really rough and edgy compared to PM.
Might be just me.

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
I'm still really indifferent on it. Melee's saturated style is great but when people put Melee sound effects into PM it doesn't feel right to me.
I agree with this.

How cool would it be if PM had it's own sound effects? I'm not exactly sure how someone would go about creating sound effects from scratch, but I wanna see how it goes.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
guys today i bought my first chinese cartoon figurine

**** was worth it

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
:'((((((((

shoutouts to luigifan or w/e (im too lazy to scroll up hueheue), fixin my pm **** now

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Naw, shoutouts to my school for being stupid and only having Japanese available for the fall semester. Load of garbage.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I will never forget when I was watching a match on YouTtube and the announcer was like "Mango livin on a prayer...shout out to Bon Jovi"

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
[collapse=post 'em, maidens]
[/collapse]
Stil haven't stopped thinking about gameplay designs and mechanics for that one hypothetical platform fighter that might totally happen one day in the future. To cover more bases, I've tried to get into more fighters so I'm covering as many takes on as individual mechanics as I can so I'm better imformed. My selection could be a lot better though. Previously I only had experience with smash, Marvel, and SGs. I've now gotten to have a chance at Injustice since my roommate has it, and I'm not totally abject to the idea of interactables that change in effect from character to character. I've also spent a lot of time on the most recent Nintendo Naruto fighter because it's my little brothers favorite game. Regardless of the quality of the anime, the fighter really feels like it has a sound balancing of movemement and poking games, and both block pressure and pressure escapes have a huge number of mix-ups and interact a lot with each other.

hell, I even have some character designs (no art though I suck at that) based on what I feel is a thorough setting that can drive a number of good conflicts/plots
don't know if I like my ideas for the conflict/plot though

somebody teach me how to computer programming please
I want to make a game engine
I swear I'm a fast learner. But I suck at motivation, that's why it's so hard for me to teach myself.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
The brawlvault signatire? also ur sig looks nice did u make it?
I did make it yes. I mean, I took the character images from an existing pic, but I made rhomboids and the gradient backgrounds in Photoshop.

Edit: hey 555th post. I could be the start of a fake phone number! Also, rockin' the 601 likes to those 555 posts (and ~100 of those posts were made before the like system came around). Nice.

Last edited:

Bombitty

Smash Cadet
I keep seeing this posted, and it just has to be a joke.

Because what kind of easy as hell Final Jeopardy question is this?
It's not that much of a stretch that people over a certain age or not into video games/cartoons would find a question like that actually hard. Anyone remember watching this $500,000 question? IIRC Regis even commented afterwards about how every kid watching was probably screaming the answer at the tv.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
What game is that picture/ur referring to about? ADO was gonna be sweet but they died silently apparently. Everyone needs to play SF third strike, I can get tons out of watching pros play it almost as much as Melee
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=inEzeVigX4Q#t=245
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNgsp2k2nk0
We're talking about a hypothetical game we would make if we had the skills/resources for it. He, I, JOE!, and a few others had a separate conversation about it after we taked about it for a little while a long time ago in the social thread. We fleshed out a lot of gameply mechanics/ideas for gameplay mechanics, tossed around some character ideas, Kink had a lot to say about art/music direction too. We haven't talked about it in awhile in that convo but that hasn't stopped me from brainstorming about it every waking day of my life

Well, at least, that's his interpretation of his perfect game. Which is pretty goddamn close to mine, we had a lot of design philosphies in common which is why we ever got on the topic of designing a game in the first place.

I feel like I was born to design a game, even just an "indie" game, or design something at least, but I suck at doing things that don't fall into my hands. ugh.

Top Bottom