• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Can I take a moment to talk about the drop shadow on the user info block

<-- Like it's so subtle but adds so much to it

Sorry, designchamp is having a moment

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Speaking of awesome stuff, my controller is just perfect now.

I took the board from one of those new white ones, put it inside a launch day casing (purple top from GCN launch day, black bottom from not long after), and added the d-pad from my old Wavebird (for some reason the d-pad on the new white one was sometimes registering up or down diagonal when I pushed to the side), the face-button-membrane from some weird 3rd party wireless controller (but oh god it's so good... that's the only good thing about that controller), and my own personal R button modification: removed spring and put a little spacer in there so the R button sits at the same height as the L button, but when you push it down it's a digital input.

It feels so goddamn good I can't even explain it.

Last edited:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Why don't we have any rich smashboarders with good quality 3D printers that can just print things like custom buttons, stick caps, or even casings
seriously, I'd pay like 30$ bucks for a set of custom buttons. Then I'd just find like a black case, and a board with proper sticks, bam.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh man I would love a set of all black buttons and sticks -- you know made that way, not painted over. So sexy.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Or all black with gold buttons
Or P:M themed. Or smashboards (dark) themed. Seriously, someone get on this. Buy a 3d printer, one of you ****ers has to be rich. Why do we not have personalized controllers for everyone yet?
Come on it's the 21st century
we can do that now. We can print ****, especially plastic in whatever color we want

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
I would make my shell all black and my buttons/sticks a combination of the two orange colors in my avatar. Oh god I got a half-chub just thinking about the possibilities!

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Why not go full regalia with black and gold with red accents?

Holy **** I was thinking that I had no idea if it would look good so I didn't mention it but you just convinced me
because I love those colors individually too
is black even a color tho or is it a lack of a color
I'm looking at you, lamar

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
I painted my controller and buttons. Used 'plastic adhesive' spray paint.

Didn't adhesive for many play sessions. But hey, now my buttons are a mix between their original color and black or white, gives it a grungey feel sorta-not-really-actually-just-a-cop-out

Edit: I don't even think I ever posted it on Smashboards before so here

Last edited:

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Holy **** I was thinking that I had no idea if it would look good so I didn't mention it but you just convinced me
because I love those colors individually too
is black even a color tho or is it a lack of a color
I'm looking at you, lamar
Black is the lack of color regarding light that enters your eye. It is also subtractively the value that absorbs all colors.

I'm gonna be upset when whichever character wins P:M (no matter who it is) starts being accused of being broken and inevitably gets nerfed in 3.2.
But that's going to be Hax's Fox.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Speaking of awesome stuff, my controller is just perfect now.

I took the board from one of those new white ones, put it inside a launch day casing (purple top from GCN launch day, black bottom from not long after), and added the d-pad from my old Wavebird (for some reason the d-pad on the new white one was sometimes registering up or down diagonal when I pushed to the side), the face-button-membrane from some weird 3rd party wireless controller (but oh god it's so good... that's the only good thing about that controller), and my own personal R button modification: removed spring and put a little spacer in there so the R button sits at the same height as the L button, but when you push it down it's a digital input.

It feels so goddamn good I can't even explain it.
I just went on my laptop to post and it saved what I started (quoted) what I had from my desktop, that is nifty.

Good controllers are amazing. My main controller has a couple issues, as the control stick was already broken in when my friend use to use it but that led to it already having play in it, and once in a while it use to get C-stick issues (real ones, not having to do with plugging it in) but they seemed to go away like the weirdest thing. Then my friend gave me a refurbished one he got and we played Wifi set and it was rockin besides the Z trigger got some hard to pressness. When I used it for Melee/Fullset though I realized somethin was wrong with the triggers full press (I use L but I think it even has the same thing with R), and eventually even believe it seriously can skip out on full press click inputs even though u trigger it (another user on this forum said he had that too but it was fully not registering so basically broke). Also the new controller felt weird at first regarding doing early aerials, but after using it it's so much better than my other one for doing them: I think it has the X and A both raised out more than my past one. So I use my past one for anything hard press (tournies) and newer one for light press: if my old one dies I'll think about replacing the shoulders into the new one although the new one the springs feel better for the light press as well. So maybe if I only replaced the full click digital device and kept the springs it'd feel great but the springs may also play a role in what makes the hard press feel weird but it's probably primarily the clicker.

Also Chinese parrot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zEWH-JPx0s
Seal with New England accent
http://web.archive.org/web/20100710162234/http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~wtsf/Hoover.html
talking cat (something about it is hilarious to me)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FuCC1VJkNI

Last edited:

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
if sethlon is going solo roy, I don't think he'll make top 8 at all

he'll obviously be the best roy,but it'll hinder his performance
"If"?
You wound me, good sir
As if there was any possibility that I WOULDN'T be going straight Roy...

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Sethlon for top 5 I believe #Royisviable

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I hope Warchamp7 fixes the text lag on mobile sometime soon. It's driving me crazy how often my words mutate because of it. Spending a few minutes instead of a few seconds to type something legible quickly brings about problem for us mobile users.

Not to be pushy, Warchamp7, but yeah.

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
That isn't even trash talk. It's a somber reminder of the fate of all roy players.
And they thought we were the same person. If I met you on top of a floating platform, large tower, or other elevated structure, I would Flare Blade your ass so hard that you would easily return to safety with your superior recovery.

... That sounded better in my head.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I hope Warchamp7 fixes the text lag on mobile sometime soon. It's driving me crazy how often my words mutate because of it. Spending a few minutes instead of a few seconds to type something legible quickly brings about problem for us mobile users.

Not to be pushy, Warchamp7, but yeah.
He wants us not to be able to use Tapatalk so they have non-stop ad revenue, which him and AlphaZealot use for their gravy hot tub

Vashimus

Smash Master
And they thought we were the same person. If I met you on top of a floating platform, large tower, or other elevated structure, I would Flare Blade your *** so hard that you would easily return to safety with your superior recovery.

... That sounded better in my head.
Quit talking to yourself. People will think you're crazy.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
He wants us not to be able to use Tapatalk so they have non-stop ad revenue, which him and AlphaZealot use for their gravy hot tub
lol

But I don't use Tapatalk. I don't even know what that is. Can't a mobile using ad viewing putz like me get help? I like most of what Warchamp7 does but this text lag was nonexistent before the redesign so it's the one thing I want fixed...

D

Deleted member

Yep. Plus I'm already set on money matches vs Mizuki. Joy. :(

Also because I need to see Ness mains versus Umbreon.
idk shit about what ness can do in this game, and all the ness players know EXACTLY what sheik can do, and i still expect to go like 50/50 with them, which should probably make my point pretty clear.

Kati

Smash Lord

Found this while pruning the big space battle in Lylat Cruise. I'd go there.

Does anyone know how explosions are handled data wise..? I'm having trouble locating any mentioning of them, and flying through space with no battleships or lasers will be pointless if there are random explosions happening. Likewise, I tried making a simple setting to go over the asteroid segment, but again explosions...!

MoonlapseOpethian

Smash Journeyman
Very desperately want to play PM with someone. I've never played Melee with anyone other than my brothers like 5 years ago before I even knew about the competitive scene. I've only played PM against comps. I've got 3.0. Can't get the update until tomorrow due to being on mobile.

Any takers? I'm not that bad, given I've been playing semi competitively in Brawl. Wanna get the REAL PM experience for the first time, and owning CPU's doesn't do it justice.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Very desperately want to play PM with someone. I've never played Melee with anyone other than my brothers like 5 years ago before I even knew about the competitive scene. I've only played PM against comps. I've got 3.0. Can't get the update until tomorrow due to being on mobile.

Any takers? I'm not that bad, given I've been playing semi competitively in Brawl. Wanna get the REAL PM experience for the first time, and owning CPU's doesn't do it justice.
Can you emulate dolphin? If your area doesn't have a scene, dolphin netplay is your best bet. The built in Wii wifi for brawl is absolute dog****, but netplay is nearly lagless. It's not completely lagless, of course, no online play ever is for anythng, but you can play across the USA better on dolphin than you can with your next door neighbor on Brawl-fi. It's good enough that it almost doesn't make a difference- a few frames of lag is very easy to adjust to and doesn't develop as many bad habits or as easily.

Top Bottom