• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
I have now gotten comments from people both online and in real life asking me to change the order in which I develop characters, so I will post a poll to decide the order that will be taken after Yoshi. You can see it in the OP now. Happy Mother's day, here's a picture of Kumatora
kumatora584.jpg
Poll will end a day after Samus' clone is complete

Last edited:

Notshane

Smash Ace
If Birdo wins the poll you'd have to change His/Hers/Its Grab because Birdo doesn't really have a tongue.

It's like a literal void
Either that, or replace the tongue with a suction effect and, whenever her foe is spit out, they are an egg for a second and then break out of the shell after either the beginning of the tumbling animation or if they hit the ground or wall first.

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
Either that, or replace the tongue with a suction effect and, whenever her foe is spit out, they are an egg for a second and then break out of the shell after either the beginning of the tumbling animation or if they hit the ground or wall first.
What? I wasn't gonna try to replicate Dedede's neutral special! What are you talking about!?

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
If anyone knows their way around replacing the models of Game and Watch's props and making sure they have the same shaders and colors as them, I would appreciate a PM. I will release a beta of virtual Boy later. He plays perfectly fine but I was unable to do the prop changes I had planned.

Edit: Virtual Boy v0.5 is up on the vault.

Edit 2: Virtual Boy will be put on hold until I find out how to do this, Samus polls will end today at my noon (2 hours and 30 minutes from now)

Edit 3: Sylux took the win by a notable margin. What a shock. Playstyle vote ended with Dark and Light beams taking first place but since they were under 50% of the vote second place (agility up projectiles down) will be taken into account, though to a lesser degree.

Last edited:

WateredWillow

Smash Rookie
Hi, I don't mean to intrude, but out of curiosity, I downloaded your custom Daisy v 3.5, and came across the Stock icons, and was... well surprised would be a good way to phrase it. xD
So I took some time to mock-up some icons of my own, which you can feel free to use if you prefer.

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
Seeing that message count, either you barely talk on smashboards or made an account just to post that. In any case, thank you for your contribution.

WateredWillow

Smash Rookie
Seeing that message count, either you barely talk on smashboards or made an account just to post that. In any case, thank you for your contribution.
It was the latter, I'm quite anal retentive. xD I made it for my personal use, and decided that it would probably be helpful to share.
I haven't download the other mods, so I haven't seen whether or not they also have wonky Stock icons, but I'll download and check, and post some new Stock icons if needed.

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
It was the latter, I'm quite anal retentive. xD I made it for my personal use, and decided that it would probably be helpful to share.
I haven't download the other mods, so I haven't seen whether or not they also have wonky Stock icons, but I'll download and check, and post some new Stock icons if needed.
I personally made the stocks for most of them, though I already have someone who has agreed to help me for future CSPs, stocks, and so-on. He is also working on some new ones for Funky and Dark Link it would seem.
normal3.png

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
Worth noting I'm gonna update the download link with those stocks after my next attempt (successful or not) to recreate the up tilt and up taunt I mentioned in the vault description. When I get those to work and change final smash graphics it should be the final version unless balance issues or bugs are reported.
Edit 1: speaking of final smash graphics... Someone on the vault made 'em. I still took my own stab and will add it to this post if it shows up right in-game
http://i.imgur.com/fwAtSys.png
Also did a thing for Dark Pit, but I'd like it if someone would rip the nutski model from Uprising to replace those centurians
http://i.imgur.com/RselHmE.png
That's a mock-up by the way, the glow, image, and symbol are all seperate textures so I just sorta smooshed 'em and added a gradient blue background so you can pretend she got into smash and collectively groan at Sakurai's biases

Last edited:

WateredWillow

Smash Rookie
When I get those to work and change final smash graphics it should be the final version unless balance issues or bugs are reported.
Edit 1: speaking of final smash graphics... Someone on the vault made 'em. I still took my own stab and will add it to this post if it shows up right in-game
http://i.imgur.com/fwAtSys.png
Speaking of the Final Smash in general, have you checked to see if it is possible to change the sped-up version of Coin Heaven to something that could be considered a bit more appropriate, such as "Oh, Daisy" or the Mario Tennis theme? Or something else along those lines?

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of the Final Smash in general, have you checked to see if it is possible to change the sped-up version of Coin Heaven to something that could be considered a bit more appropriate, such as "Oh, Daisy" or the Mario Tennis theme? Or something else along those lines?
I had no idea that was supposed to be coin heaven
I would If I knew how to edit things like that at all

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
I just want to see what they have in store next.
Sylux is coming along nicely, and all of his costumes and their renders have been finished. Most of his moveset is also done, all that's left is a new side special and changing FX flags on all of the dark beam attacks. I was busy this weekend but I will definitely have more time to work on Project Clone after tomorrow.

Edit 1: Moveset is functional, all that's left is shock coil. It won't drain health and it will replace missiles.

Edit 2: Open letter to those that can run Hunters on Desmume netplay at a solid framerate. I want to see shock coil from a third person perspective and find out if the move acts any different when Sylux uses it. I have only tried it via 100% save file off gameFAQs, so I don't have a grasp on its range and I can't tell if it does a lot of damage. Since implementing shock coil will take a while and Sylux has already been warming the bench for a while I decided to end the Yoshi poll tomorrow at noon and upload the current missile-firing Sylux tonight.

Edit 3: Yoshi poll and dev order polls are down, Birdo won to nobody's surprise and the first popularity vote should be up after this edit

Last edited:

Pyro Gaming

Smash Apprentice
With young link, what could even be done differently that hasn't been done already but better by ALM5252 or Project M+'s builds?
ALM5252's build uses the Sacred Hero of Termina moveset, with added Project M physics, and Project M+ uses a slightly modified version of vBrawl Link. Young Link could have a smaller hitbox range than Toon Link to acommodate the size of the Razor sword, and speed up his attacks and stregthen them by a slight amount to balance him out. His speed would be greater, and his gravity would be lighter to allow for easy and quick combos. His arrows can be edited to be fire, ice and light effects, like in Majora's Mask.

Tretex

Smash Rookie
When you do Ganondorf, it better be King Harkinian.

AKA The king of Hyrule from the CDI Zelda games.

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
I will end the popularity poll early, 5 minutes after I post this.
Since I do not have any competent modellers on staff at the moment, Lyn will have to be delayed however. I regret putting her on this poll, and apologize to the four people that voted for her.
I am ending the poll since Birdo is taking longer than expected and I want to have the next character polls running while we finish development on her and Sylux

Edit: the polls are up! popularity polls are down, see OP to find out who won!

Last edited:

TeddyBearYoshi

Banned via Warnings
Man, I like all of the Ness ideas! They all seem fitting, although I think Ninten deserves it most. I definitely think I prefer Masked Man for Lucas, though. Claus doesn't make a lot of sense to me considering
Masked Man is just Claus at Lucas' age and is basically the only time he actually fights anyone in game, and it would be nice to see a Mother villain in Smash.

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
Man, I like all of the Ness ideas! They all seem fitting, although I think Ninten deserves it most. I definitely think I prefer Masked Man for Lucas, though. Claus doesn't make a lot of sense to me considering
Masked Man is just Claus at Lucas' age and is basically the only time he actually fights anyone in game, and it would be nice to see a Mother villain in Smash.
I included claus and masked man seperately to avoid spoiling that. people know of the two characters seperately and if one of them mysteriously vanished then there'd be implications. Also I wanted Ness and Lucas to have the same amount of options.

Yoshi 2410

Smash Cadet
TFW you want Kuma to win but you like the idea of a new Side B and Offense Up affecting NAir

Tretex

Smash Rookie
Kumatora definitely won, but I'm more interested in the Fox polls.

We're likely going to get a slow-falling Slippy, which I like the idea of.

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
The polls end in the order I presented (which is the order they ranked in the popularity poll)

Sonic's will end the day after I finally finish Birdo, which if I grow an attention span should be today (animations and PSA at least).
Ness' will end once Sonic's clone is done, possibly sooner since I got someone else who agreed to help me with animations and PSA.
Lucas' poll will likely end once Ness' clone is done

Last edited:

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
So just out of curiosity how do you determine what characters will be clone options for us to vote on?

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
So just out of curiosity how do you determine what characters will be clone options for us to vote on?
great question
1. the character is a canon part of its own franchise
Example: Travis from Mother 4 is not an option
2. the clone can either reasonably share the bone structure or moveset of its original character
Example: Ganondorf is a large muscle-bound man, much like Captain Falcon
3. the clone is a part of the original character's franchise
Example: Samus only got Metroid characters as options
Exception: Ice Climbers, Game and Watch, and ROB are counted as "retro" because this opens their options significantly
4. Must at least be visually distinct from the original character
Example: Doctor Mario may be Mario, but at least he doesn't look the same
Note: this is kept within reason, Mario's vacation outfit from Sunshine may look different but there is no real direction to go in with an alternate moveset. On that note...
5. must have some direction to go with for a moveset, even if slight
Example: Claus is probably physically identical to Lucas, but it is stated and shown in Mother 3 that he is more energetic and aggressive
Exception: Star Fox characters
6 (sorta). preferably, the character should not be implied, stated, or shown to be objectively or canonically better or worse than its original
Note: this rule has been demoted to a simple preference, as it used to be the reason mega pokemon and Fierce Diety Link were not in polls. Still, I highly prefer to avoid this since a character that's objectively better seems more suited to an overpowered PSA while a character that is objectively weaker is better suited for a joke character
7. not previously established but I'll say it here for future polls. The character should not have a well-updated or recent moveset made for Project M, and/or a significant number of movesets on the vault period. Should this rule be broken, I should do everything I can to differentiate myself from it.
Example: Young Link, Doctor Mario, and Shadow all break this rule
Exception: Dark Pit
Exceptions currently in polls: Shadow, Metal Sonic, and Ninten are all in polls despite breaking this rule. You may notice none of them sound similar to the most updated PSA, however.

Sometimes a character may break one or two rules but get a free pass due to ease of development or other factors that justify its inclusion anyway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom