• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
Daisy now lacks crashes, as far as I am aware, but there is one issue mechanically.
You likely won't notice it unless I tell you, so it's in spoilers
Even if tap jump is off, you can hold up to glide still.

Edit: this is now irrelevant

Last edited:

PatziPatzPatz

Smash Cadet
I've made a soundbank containing Daisy's and Peach's voice to use them both with BrawlEx, and stock icons and CSS names for Daisy, you might consider it useful..
http://www.mediafire.com/download/7gb1574cs2jq8m5/Daisy.rar
The FitDaisy there is your PSA with changed sounds to use it with that soundbank. I couldn't change the Misc Sounds List (K.O. sounds etc.) since my copy of BrawlBox v0.67 isn't working anymore (http://smashboards.com/threads/issue-with-saving-fitx-pac-files-in-brawlbox-v0-67.435776/)...
But I've included a .txt file of what has to be changed ^^

Last edited:

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
I've made a soundbank containing Daisy's and Peach's voice to use them both with BrawlEx, and stock icons and CSS names for Daisy, you might consider it useful..
http://www.mediafire.com/download/7gb1574cs2jq8m5/Daisy.rar
The FitDaisy there is your PSA with changed sounds to use it with that soundbank. I couldn't change the Misc Sounds List (K.O. sounds etc.) since my copy of BrawlBox v0.67 isn't working anymore (http://smashboards.com/threads/issue-with-saving-fitx-pac-files-in-brawlbox-v0-67.435776/)...
But I've included a .txt file of what has to be changed ^^
Took a quick look through this and it'd appear you also made a new render for these stocks? I'd like better renders for these costumes. [edit: I like the renders for most of the costumes, the odd man out here is the costume I had to make to fill the last slot]
Also, is that soundpack usable to replace Peach? or is that for BrawlEX having both?
also for curiosity's sake, why are you using 0.67 and not 0.76b?

Last edited:

QuickLava

Smash Journeyman
metaknight120 metaknight120 , pardon me for butting in here, but I think I've got some answers for you. The soundbank Patzi put together allows for both Peach and Daisy to be used at the same time via BrawlEX. Just as Roy and Marth share a soundbank, Peach and Daisy will as well if you use that .sawnd file. He even modified Daisy's FitX.pac to point to all the correct sounds for you, so installation should be as simple as dragging and dropping the files where they belong. He mentions using old versions of BrawlBox because the functionality for editing a select few things was never added to PSA. The only way you're able to change them is through old versions of BrawlBox (old versions because for reasons I'm unaware of the ability to directly edit moveset files was removed in later versions of BB). Those things include Misc. Sounds (as Patzi mentioned) and Character Specific Attributes. Oh yeah, and while we're on the topic of editing things in BrawlBox, here's how you change G&W's model width.

Edit: Oh yeah, and PatziPatzPatz PatziPatzPatz , how did you find where to change Peach's Misc. Sounds? I've scoured both the internet and the files in both BrawlBox and PSA, and I haven't been able to find anything. Being able to change those would be extremely helpful for some stuff I'm doing.

Last edited:

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
Thanks Lava, you can butt in as much as you want if you have knowledge like that.
Anyway last time I tried daisy, a few days ago at my leisure, I discovered I had not truly fixed toad and should update the descriptions in the Vault and such. In any case, I bring this up because I planned to rebuild Daisy from scratch tomorrow or this friday. As such, I could not use the PSA he sent.

Edit: Daisy is fixed

Also, that's great to hear about G&W, I had no idea it'd be that simple.

Last edited:

PatziPatzPatz

Smash Cadet
Edit: Oh yeah, and PatziPatzPatz PatziPatzPatz , how did you find where to change Peach's Misc. Sounds? I've scoured both the internet and the files in both BrawlBox and PSA, and I haven't been able to find anything. Being able to change those would be extremely helpful for some stuff I'm doing.
Open with BrawlBox 0.67, navigate to MoveDef_FitPeach -> sections -> data -> Misc Section -> Misc Sound Lists and change the index entries to the right value. And after you save, check if the file size is still 283KB, if it has changed to 255KB you're having the same issue as me ;)

Took a quick look through this and it'd appear you also made a new render for these stocks? I'd like better renders for these costumes. [edit: I like the renders for most of the costumes, the odd man out here is the costume I had to make to fill the last slot]
Also, is that soundpack usable to replace Peach? or is that for BrawlEX having both?
also for curiosity's sake, why are you using 0.67 and not 0.76b?
What do you mean with a new render? I made stock icons for the original 7 Daisy costumes you are using (no stock icon for your new costume but you could use the cyan blue one), they are not perfect but not bad either I think ^^
And the rest is like QuikLava said (although I don't refer to myself as "he" ^^), I don't think there's a different way to change the Misc Sound List.

Last edited:

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
What do you mean with a new render? I made stock icons for the original 7 Daisy costumes you are using (no stock icon for your new costume but you could use the cyan blue one), they are not perfect but not bad either I think ^^
And the rest is like QuikLava said (although I don't refer to myself as "he" ^^), I don't think there's a different way to change the Misc Sound List.
I assumed you made those stock icons from a render. At least, that's how I made stock icons

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
Tonight I will release an alpha of Mr. Virtual Boy, consisting only of animation changes and of course, a 3D in-game appearance
I've always wanted to see a 3D and fluid Game and Watch and my scanning through the vault never got any dice, I could realistically have that much done tonight since all I have to do is refine animations for some moves that use props. The actual PSA for virtualboy will have to wait since in order to even have a remote idea of how to do a satisfying job of that I'd need to know Game and Watch's normal playstyle. Simply put, I don't. He's weird. I have no idea. I'll look into comp guides like I did for funky, but still.
Not gonna post in the thread again when I put up the download, so I'll just edit this post and say it's on my vault.
Edit: it is

Expect Daisy and Funky before a finished Virtual Boy, and if the Link Poll is done by then he'll also come first

Last edited:

TeddyBearYoshi

Banned via Warnings
Tonight I will release an alpha of Mr. Virtual Boy, consisting only of animation changes and of course, a 3D in-game appearance
I've always wanted to see a 3D and fluid Game and Watch and my scanning through the vault never got any dice, I could realistically have that much done tonight since all I have to do is refine animations for some moves that use props. The actual PSA for virtualboy will have to wait since in order to even have a remote idea of how to do a satisfying job of that I'd need to know Game and Watch's normal playstyle. Simply put, I don't. He's weird. I have no idea. I'll look into comp guides like I did for funky, but still.
Not gonna post in the thread again when I put up the download, so I'll just edit this post and say it's on my vault.
Edit: it is

Expect Daisy and Funky before a finished Virtual Boy, and if the Link Poll is done by then he'll also come first

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
QuickLava can I marry you?
Your advice for game and watch inadvertently helped me finally fix Daisy, since Peach's floating timer can be found the exact same way as Game and Watch's thickness. Edit: Funky too, you guys can expect him today but renders are an issue
Gonna update the vault and such in a moment, in the mean time, have this gif of Mr. Virtual Boy's alts. All but one of them are based on something, mostly retroarch and other emulator VB palettes http://i.imgur.com/ODc9T5n.gif

I have renders for Funky, but bizarrely different programs display it either working or with bad textures
http://imgur.com/dfCbaOh
you can see this phenomena as the thumbnail looks perfect but the full image makes the ends of fur texture white.

Last edited:

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
Not before I marry you. c;

In all seriousness I really like this project. The differences are slight but I'm a goon for clones. I'm looking forward to seeing how your clones turn out.
Glad to hear I have support, also I find it funny that a Three-time Ganondorf main is a "goon for clones"
Speaking of how clones turn out, Funky will come out today, but I will not include CSPs and such. I have all 9 of his costumes done, and mechanically he's finished. Virtual boy will be next and I will hold a 3-day poll to determine how he plays.

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
Apparently game and watch crashed on neutral special for someone's build? I did tons of matches and flung enough sausages to know that he does work. Anyway he's been reported so if you still wanna download it keep that in mind. Hopefully I can get to the bottom of what TokoyamiTheDark's issue was and remove that report.
Going to begin work on Dark Link today, expect the Samus polls in OP soon after this post.
By the way all feedback on these characters is appreciated. Funky in particular I'm a bit worried about but it seems people like it.

Last edited:

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
Dark Link will be released today, hopefully, and I will most likely update Funky to have renders and stocks since I found out how to fix those.
Edit: I guess I was wrong, it's past midnight now. He and an updated Funky are now up
Game and Watch poll will finish an hour after the following has been accomplished
:shyguy: = done
:beezo: = currently working on
>:shyguy:Dark Pit updated to have a new Fair
>Metal Mario, :shyguy:Daisy, and :shyguy:Dark Link have voices
>at least one new taunt on :shyguy:Metal Mario, :shyguy:Dark Pit, :beezo:Daisy, :shyguy:Funky, and :shyguy:Dark Link
>:shyguy:Dark Pit, :shyguy:Funky Kong, and :shyguy:Dark Link have nametags

"What about Funky's voice?"
Kinda annoys me and Sakurai always gave Kongs realistic animal sounds. I think I can get away with keeping his voice the same, but if there's a clamor then I guess I'll do it.
Samus' polls will end a day after Virtual Boy is finished.
By the way I'd appreciate if anyone could contribute to voices, as I still need to learn about audio compression and soundmodding in general

Also considering remaking the renders so-far due to recieving comments from my main playtester about their poor quality, but have no idea how to improve them. I will almost certainly be remaking Daisy's for two reasons
>Rosa's dress alt sticks out like a sore thumb on CSS
>only learned how to move eye direction after making Manga Dark Link's render

In any case, advice in this regard is heavily appreciated

Last edited:

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
I'd be willing to do renders for your work. I fear they may not be of acceptable quality, but if anything I can PM you some examples so you can decide for yourself.

Notshane

Smash Ace
Can I just say you are doing God's work with Daisy.

Also, I have done sound edits myself in the past, so if nobody takes on making a single Daisy SAWND file (for those that just want to get rid of Peach, rather than just add Daisy) then I suppose I could be up to the task. Also, I could probably do textures (CSP, BP, etc.) for the last alt, as I counted and noticed that Daisy does use all eight of Peach's costumes, but is simply missing the textures for one of them, correct?

Last edited:

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
Can I just say you are doing God's work with Daisy.

Also, I have done sound edits myself in the past, so if nobody takes on making a single Daisy SAWND file (for those that just want to get rid of Peach, rather than replace Daisy) then I suppose I could be up to the task. Also, I could probably do textures (CSP, BP, etc.) for the last alt, as I counted and noticed that Daisy does use all eight of Peach's costumes, but is simply missing the textures for one of them, correct?
Basically the Daisy by SJS has all but one of Peach's costume slots covered, and I took the initiative to make a cyan dress texture to fill that last slot (though I want to rework it)
Basically with CSPs, BPs, and so-on I either need CSPs and the like for my cyan recolor that matches the pose and lighting of the rest of the CSPs, or alternatively make new renders for all of them so they at least match.
And "god's work" indeed, being a Daisy fan is true suffering.

If you make a SAWND all I request is that you do not include that ONE line from Double Dash.

PatziPatzPatz

Smash Cadet
Move eye direction sounds good, on some animations Daisy's eyes looked strange ^^
You could use the Shadow Daisy or Biker Daisy costume for the last slot?
What ONE line from Double Dash? "I am Daisy!"? ^^
I think replacing some of Peach's slap moves would be cool, like the jab combo to Mario's jab combo, I tried to do that myself, but changing the animation to make the dress move realistic is very hard..

Notshane

Smash Ace
Basically the Daisy by SJS has all but one of Peach's costume slots covered, and I took the initiative to make a cyan dress texture to fill that last slot (though I want to rework it)
Basically with CSPs, BPs, and so-on I either need CSPs and the like for my cyan recolor that matches the pose and lighting of the rest of the CSPs, or alternatively make new renders for all of them so they at least match.
I made recolors for a Waluigi render by MK64DS a while back that was meant to make his prior release look more professional. I just took the render from his first thread about him, shrunk it down to CSP size and also made a BP for each color. With the exception of his fire color, I did a decent job with the rest. I could try as hard as I can to make a passable CSP for the ice Daisy, but I could for sure give her a stock and BP right away.

In fact, I'm gonna get started on the BP and stock right now first. Might as well have her looking good in the battlefield first since you only see her CSP when selecting her anyway. Not gonna lie, though, I do question why you didn't do the stock icon for that last Daisy alt. I thought that would have been a pretty simple insert since it is so small and easy, but I guess most of these stock icons do have a professional quality to them, so I can understand if you wanted it to look better.

And "god's work" indeed, being a Daisy fan is true suffering.
Oh, tell me about it [ •́ ‸ •̀ ]

If you make a SAWND all I request is that you do not include that ONE line from Double Dash.
(quickly goes back to editing program to remove Daisy death sound "doubledashdeath.wav" from file that was coincidentally the first WAV I decided to work on)

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
Move eye direction sounds good, on some animations Daisy's eyes looked strange ^^
You could use the Shadow Daisy or Biker Daisy costume for the last slot?
What ONE line from Double Dash? "I am Daisy!"? ^^
I think replacing some of Peach's slap moves would be cool, like the jab combo to Mario's jab combo, I tried to do that myself, but changing the animation to make the dress move realistic is very hard..
I did notice the eye movement on Daisy. If I could place SJS's Daisy face onto one of the Biker Daisy models I would have done it by now. Currently there is a black and purple costume occupying the shadow queen slot, I do plan on altering that a bit to fit more. Haven't considered swapping the slap attacks, good idea.

I made recolors for a Waluigi render by MK64DS a while back that was meant to make his prior release look more professional. I just took the render from his first thread about him, shrunk it down to CSP size and also made a BP for each color. With the exception of his fire color, I did a decent job with the rest. I could try as hard as I can to make a passable CSP for the ice Daisy, but I could for sure give her a stock and BP right away.

In fact, I'm gonna get started on the BP and stock right now first. Might as well have her looking good in the battlefield first since you only see her CSP when selecting her anyway. Not gonna lie, though, I do question why you didn't do the stock icon for that last Daisy alt. I thought that would have been a pretty simple insert since it is so small and easy, but I guess most of these stock icons do have a professional quality to them, so I can understand if you wanted it to look better.

Oh, tell me about it [ •́ ‸ •̀ ]

(quickly goes back to editing program to remove Daisy death sound "doubledashdeath.wav" from file that was coincidentally the first WAV I decided to work on)
Didn't think Hi I'm Daisy would be a death sound but okay.
In any case I appreciate the help a lot. The stock icons were not made by me by the way, I was going to wait until I had a good render of her to make those but someone posted their own stocks for the costumes SJS made

Speaking of a better render
http://imgur.com/a/Eyf8D

Last edited:

Notshane

Smash Ace
I Didn't think Hi I'm Daisy would be a death sound but okay.
It was mostly meant to be scary more than anything XD I was gonna deepen the voice a bit and give it an echo, but then I got lazy.

In any case I appreciate the help a lot. The stock icons were not made by me by the way, I was going to wait until I had a good render of her to make those but someone posted their own stocks for the costumes SJS made
Oh, I see. The stocks do look alright, though.

Speaking of a better render
http://imgur.com/a/Eyf8D
Oh, that is definitely better.

Last edited:

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
What´s his new taunt?
See for yourself, I just updated every Project Clone character
Virtual Boy poll ends in an hour.

Edit: over 50% of the vote agrees, you're getting bizarre trajectories on Virtual Boy
Edit 2: Yoshi poll is up. The Tennis partner from Doki Doki Panic as the queen(?) of aerial fighters? or the Racing Rival from Mario RPG that will never be an air fighter?

Last edited:

TeddyBearYoshi

Banned via Warnings
I will personally beat up each and every one of you that doesn't vote Birdo. 5 times.:yoshi:

Last edited:

Capt. Tin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Capt.Tin
If Birdo wins the poll you'd have to change His/Hers/Its Grab because Birdo doesn't really have a tongue.

It's like a literal void

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom