• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob

Banned via Warnings
I'd rather create my own mod from scratch. All full-game mods I've seen have either far-fetched rosters, or uselessly minimal rosters, or are based off Project M's gameplay
Challenge Accepted.

WateredWillow

Smash Rookie
I've been playing the Mother 3 fan translation recently, and it keeps making me hype for Kumatora.....Unless....Masked man makes a comeback....ugh.
Yeah, those Mother character polls are scaring me a little. Right now they're fine (fine as in, the ones I care about are winning :shyguy:), but yikes, they are so tight in the polls right now.

Last edited:

DeKu Skrub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadixREBORN
3DS FC
1650-2649-2219
Switch FC
SW-1122-3127-2057
It just takes time getting used to. I sure as hell sucked ass at first, doing slopdashes and barely L- Canceling. I just practiced a lot.

Last edited:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
It just takes time getting used to. I sure as hell sucked *** at first, doing slopdashes and barely L- Canceling. I just practiced a lot.
I don't want to waste time getting used to a game from a series I'm supposed to already know enough as it is. I can play Melee, but only the casual way (the one without the unnecessary training). Same for 64 and 4. And Brawl was just perfect for me. While I probably wouldn't "suck ***" as much as you did at first (because, Melee's speed, even for a casual, needs a tad bit of time getting used to), I would still be pretty bad.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
(fine as in, the ones I care about are winning :shyguy:)
Same. Kumatora and Paula all the way!

Those polls are still pretty scary, though... to think they might change at any time, it makes my head spin...

someguy267

Smash Rookie
Both Megas' have vertex hacks that can be found on the vault.
What I meant was that Mewtwo's actual Mega X model wouldn't work over Mewtwo, not that there were no hacks for it. The ones on the vault don't look like the Mega X version all that much, since it has a different body type. Sorry that I didn't make that clear.

But how about Armoured Mewtwo as a clone? It's still Mewtwo, same body and attacks, and it isn't "edgy". The only problem is that it isn't all that unique or different from Mewtwo.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
What I meant was that Mewtwo's actual Mega X model wouldn't work over Mewtwo, not that there were no hacks for it. The ones on the vault don't look like the Mega X version all that much, since it has a different body type. Sorry that I didn't make that clear.

But how about Armoured Mewtwo as a clone? It's still Mewtwo, same body and attacks, and it isn't "edgy". The only problem is that it isn't all that unique or different from Mewtwo.
a. I don't see Mewtwo's actual Mega Y model working over normal Mewtwo either.
b. You're basically saying it would be better off as an alt than a clone. :troll:
c. I think I'd prefer Shadow Mewtwo. :150:

someguy267

Smash Rookie
a. I don't see Mewtwo's actual Mega Y model working over normal Mewtwo either.
b. You're basically saying it would be better off as an alt than a clone. :troll:
c. I think I'd prefer Shadow Mewtwo. :150:
a. We have imports of it on the vault, and it somewhat matches with Mewtwo, but also actually looks like his mega. I wasn't suggesting the mega either, just pointing it out.

b. I do think it's better as an alt, I'm just providing an alternate choice.

c. I agree with you, Shadow Mewtwo would be much better.

Vexor1011

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vexor1011
3DS FC
0559-7342-9512
The best thing to do now is wait and hope that we don't get anymore Mario Smith situations.
Mario and I have been friends for a good minute now.
He's not perfect, he's stubborn and he has his flaws. But he's a great guy. Don't just call it an MS situation, just because he's got a project he's putting his HEART into. MS isn't a bad guy and he doesn't DESERVE to be hated, nobody does. His gimmicks might be silly or whatever, but the game isn't meant to be conpletely serious. It's meant to be fun or competitive, just to relax or to go all out.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Mario and I have been friends for a good minute now.
He's not perfect, he's stubborn and he has his flaws. But he's a great guy. Don't just call it an MS situation, just because he's got a project he's putting his HEART into. MS isn't a bad guy and he doesn't DESERVE to be hated, nobody does. His gimmicks might be silly or whatever, but the game isn't meant to be conpletely serious. It's meant to be fun or competitive, just to relax or to go all out.
I agree with this. Nobody actually deserves to be hated, every person on Earth has flaws, since we're all different and the meaning of "flaw" varies from person to person. However, just because two projects are similar doesn't mean everybody interested in the concept both presents will only go to ONE of the projects, so he probably complained for nothing. He has his audience, and this project has its audience, end of story.
And this coming from a guy who usually go with the "relaxing and fun" scene.

Edit: on another note, he was kind of rude, so I guess that's why he got "hated" back there. Also the best idea would be to make the mods compatible with both PM and vBrawl. That way, anybody can add them without changing their game setup(s).

Last edited:

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
I'm iffy on allowing PM costumes to become clones, but I technically already did that, twice. The main problem with Armoured Mewtwo is naming. Doc, Young Link, and Toon Link are all the same character as their original counterpart, but they still have significant physical differences, such as being YOUNGer or having carTOONish proportions. Armored Mewtwo, Giovanni's Mewtwo, mecha mewtwo, /g/ mewtwo, none of these really work because really it's just mewtwo wearing some armor. If I included Giovanni's Mewtwo as a poll option I might as well have Armored Charizard and Squad Squirtle in the polls, or even things like Hero Class Ike, or Fusion Suit Samus.

Edit
Also the best idea would be to make the mods compatible with both PM and vBrawl. That way, anybody can add them without changing their game setup(s).
That is not happening, you would actually have better luck telling me to make a Smash 4 version of one of these
Before anyone asks, that is currently impossible, as much as I'd love to have my Dark Link in Smash 4

Last edited:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
That is not happening, you would actually have better luck telling me to make a Smash 4 version of one of these
Before anyone asks, that is currently impossible, as much as I'd love to have my Dark Link in Smash 4
Why, exactly? I don't find much differences between vBrawl and PM. In fact, PM is a mod of Brawl in and of itself (even though it's still its own entity as well... it's hard to explain). I bet a moveset would only need slight changes likes buffs or nerfs, especially if they're already pretty much clones of characters already in the game (well, except Mewtwo and Roy, but hey, we can't have everything, so it's better to have as much as possible).

someguy267

Smash Rookie
Why, exactly? I don't find much differences between vBrawl and PM. In fact, PM is a mod of Brawl in and of itself (even though it's still its own entity as well... it's hard to explain). I bet a moveset would only need slight changes likes buffs or nerfs, especially if they're already pretty much clones of characters already in the game (well, except Mewtwo and Roy, but hey, we can't have everything, so it's better to have as much as possible).
PM and vBrawl are vastly different. Making movesets for both audiences puts a lot of pressure on the developer. These clones are based on the Project M movesets anyway, and some of them have different animations and moves. Would they still be based off the PM characters? Or would they be based on the vBrawl moveset? Still an amount of work both ways.

Last edited:

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
PM and vBrawl are vastly different. Making movesets for both audiences puts a lot of pressure on the developer. These clones are based on the Project M movesets anyway, and some of them have different animations and moves. Would they still be based off the PM characters? Or would they be based on the vBrawl moveset? Still an amount of work both ways.
Basically this. Also I can't be trusted to try and balance out a character for vBrawl. I have minimal understanding of its metagame nor do I care to find out more about it. I welcome any modification of my characters, so if you wanna make vBrawl Daisy based on the ideas I presented then go right ahead.

DeKu Skrub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadixREBORN
3DS FC
1650-2649-2219
Switch FC
SW-1122-3127-2057
I'm done with all Brawl mods that aren't PM related for now.

...well, except for Brawl -

Last edited:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Oh I see... welp, nevermind then.
Basically this. Also I can't be trusted to try and balance out a character for vBrawl. I have minimal understanding of its metagame nor do I care to find out more about it. I welcome any modification of my characters, so if you wanna make vBrawl Daisy based on the ideas I presented then go right ahead.
So, since I can't modify them myself, I can still go up to someone and ask them to do it?
Challenge Accepted.
You heard him.
I'm done with all Brawl mods that aren't PM related for now.

...well, except for Brawl -
Why the hate?...

Last edited:

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
Why the hate?...
Not him, but I fail to see why people would bother with vBrawl now that Smash 4 is a thing. I mean really I'd rather see modders migrate to Smash 4 and make more discoveries there than keep going at vBrawl. Most of what people like about Brawl's engine compared to Melee and PM is still there in Smash 4.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Challenge Accepted.
Not him, but I fail to see why people would bother with vBrawl now that Smash 4 is a thing. I mean really I'd rather see modders migrate to Smash 4 and make more discoveries there than keep going at vBrawl. Most of what people like about Brawl's engine compared to Melee and PM is still there in Smash 4.
I can see that, but I'd still like it if I could get some extra things in Brawl (not that I mind vBrawl's roster... unlike Smash 4's). It's also a question of setup: why would I need to bother installing PM just to have Daisy (which right now is pretty much the only character I like that is downloadable)?

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
i see nothing wrong with smash 4's
except for these pricks :4lucina::4corrinf::4cloud2::4palutena::4darkpit:also yes i main dark pit even though i dont think he should be in the game, piss off
I disagree with those, because THIS is what I think shouldn't be in the game.
:4bayonetta::4bayonetta2::4corrin::4corrinf::4greninja:My signature is a dead give-away on those, too. Too bad it's so lengthy... also this guy doesn't make sense: :4ryu:

3WeekHeadaches

Smash Cadet
I disagree with those, because THIS is what I think shouldn't be in the game.
:4bayonetta::4bayonetta2::4corrin::4corrinf::4greninja:My signature is a dead give-away on those, too. Too bad it's so lengthy... also this guy doesn't make sense: :4ryu:
bayonetta should of been inkling.
corrin is a dumb character from a dumber game.
same with greninja.
ryu i dont mind actually. about time we got someone from a """proper""" fighting game.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
bayonetta should of been inkling.
corrin is a dumb character from a dumber game.
same with greninja.
ryu i dont mind actually. about time we got someone from a """proper""" fighting game.
Yeah, the problem I have with Bayonetta is that she's the only one that came from the Smash Ballot's results, despite the ballot having LOADS of other good/valid/reasonable characters (Daisy, Viridi, previous veterans, heck even the Inklings... and that's not counting "valid" third-party characters either)
Corrin is a shameless walking advertisement. I believe we can agree on that.
The only improvements made in XY were either competitive-oriented (like how Brawl focused on the casual aspect) or just plain unnecessary (looking at fairy types and mega-evolutions specifically). It made no sense to choose a pokemon from its generation, even if it was planned beforehand (in fact, the fact that Greninja was planned BEFORE XY's release shows that Nintendo prefers their little experimentations, like what they're doing to the Paper Mario series right now, over actual fan demand: NOBODY knew Greninja before XY's release, NOBODY). I'm not fond of the design choices of most pokemons in the game either. We should've gotten a gen 5 rep instead (especially since not only does it have a great story, but it is also a milestone as they actually reached 5 generations of Pokemon in a row).
Yes, but we already had Mega Man to represent Capcom when suddenly, Ryu came along. Plus, Smash Bros ruined the most people's patience with more complex fingers (look: whoisthisgit), so why add a character with those complex commands in it? It makes no sense, as it defies the concept of Super Smash Brothers (or "Dragon King: The Fighting Game", if you prefer to refer to it that way)

3WeekHeadaches

Smash Cadet
Bayonetta is that she's the only one that came from the Smash Ballot's results, despite the ballot having LOADS of other good/valid/reasonable characters
well yeah. im like, 90% sure that sakurai lied as to who the actual winner was to be honest
good/valid/reasonable characters (Daisy, Viridi
No. Just. No. 3 kid icarus characters are fine, we didnt need another.
that entire greninja thing you said
honestly they should of just stuck with something that wasnt x or y. or one of sakurais ocs. like a gen 5 starter or something.
Corrin is a shameless walking advertisement. I believe we can agree on that.
yeah no, we can agree on that
Plus, Smash Bros ruined the most people's patience with more complex fingers
what does that even mean. the inputs on ryu arent even half as complicated as a traditional fighter's moves

Last edited:

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
Take a look at the newest OP edit.
Tails is now in the hands of PMEX's developers, and I will continue making content for PM and more.
Some of the clones I had planned for this project will still see the light of day, but not through polls.
Please understand that I have my reasons for this decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom