• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
"Cloudrunner Assault."

Krystal sends out a distress signal and says, "I need some help from an old friend," and soon, the cloudrunner from the beginning of Adventures swoops from the sky and Krystal jumps on his back. Then, she manuevers around the stage while the cloudrunner shoots fireballs onto the stage, which the player will control. At the end, she thanks her friend and jumps back to the battlefield.

Great idea!!!! And what do you think would be a great name for us Krystal supporters?

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Wasn't she a reskin of a character form the original game, Dinosaur World (or whatever it was called) that was reskinned into becoming Star Fox Adventures? I've never understood the admiration for her as a character, or at least how it could possibly make anyone outside of this internet niche community of fans excited.

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
Wasn't she a reskin of a character form the original game, Dinosaur World (or whatever it was called) that was reskinned into becoming Star Fox Adventures? I've never understood the admiration for her as a character, or at least how it could possibly make anyone outside of this internet niche community of fans excited.
Uh-Oh

D

Deleted member

Wasn't she a reskin
Are you joking? Theres a difference between reskin & rework

Reskin: The act of changing an already made character's color. (Luigi was like this in the early days of Mario, he is the poster boy of reskin)

Maybe if you saw the concept art on the previous page I'd understand where you're coming from but she doesn't look like that

Rework: The act of making changes or revisions to a character's appearance, story, etc. (Krystal used to have a related brother named Sabre & was originaly a cat but that has since then changed to be reworked into Star Fox canon)

Dinosaur World (or whatever it was called) that was reskinned into becoming Star Fox Adventures?
Dinosasur Planet, it was on the last page.

Last edited by a moderator:

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Are you joking? Theres a difference between reskin & rework

Reskin: The act of changing an already made character's color. (Luigi was like this in the early days of Mario, he is the poster boy of reskin)

Maybe if you saw the concept art on the previous page I'd understand where you're coming from but she doesn't look like that

Rework: The act of making changes or revisions to a character's appearance, story, etc. (Krystal used to have a related brother named Sabre & was originaly a cat but that has since then changed to be reworked into Star Fox canon)

Dinosasur Planet, it was on the last page.
Didn't really mean anything by it, I understand what it's like to be a fan of a niche character. Hope she makes it in :)

D

Deleted member

Didn't really mean anything by it, I understand what it's like to be a fan of a niche character. Hope she makes it in :)
Yeah, a niche character thats been recurring with a role in later titles (Excluding 64 3D which was a remake of a game made before her creation)!

Good try for effort! :)

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Pic of the day just came out just recently:

And oh, look how many Arwings are there! Who could pilot the only two? And guess what does it means to the third pilot...?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

And oh, look how many Arwings are there! Who could pilot the only two? And guess what does it means to the third pilot...?
Peppy stopped becoming a pilot post-64. This is based on Star Fox Assault. Actually, it makes more sense that Krystal is flying the second Arwing. It doesn't help Krystal at all. :p

It does mean that Krystal quite likely isn't gone at all, though. But it doesn't mean she's playable. Keep that in mind.

Last edited:

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Peppy stopped becoming a pilot post-64. This is based on Star Fox Assault. Actually, it makes more sense that Krystal is flying the second Arwing. It doesn't help Krystal at all. :p

It does mean that Krystal quite likely isn't gone at all, though. But it doesn't mean she's playable. Keep that in mind.
It's not like Peppy can't pilot an Arwing anymore, he can pilot one if he wanted to. What helped Krystal is that the 3rd Arwing gone missing.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It's not like Peppy can't pilot an Arwing anymore, he can pilot one if he wanted to. What helped Krystal is that the 3rd Arwing gone missing.
What if its behind the Great Fox? :p

I don't think this helps anyone. Its just a Star Fox stage.

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
So guys let's discuss Krystal's final smash, and a nickname for us Krystal supporters,I was thinking Krystalholics

Discussion time!?? :D This is sakurai's trick mang we don't know what this is. A new map? Maybe. Falco confirmed? Maybe. I mean my guess is either falco and fox is in the arwings or.........bare with me here Krystal and falco...Wolf cut. Don't hurt me :C
Just my thoughts. What you think...

Last edited:

Tipps4728

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tipps4728

Not really sure if the arwings mean anything about characters in the game, but do you guys think this could be a hint towards what may await at comic-con?

D

Deleted member

Not really sure if the arwings mean anything about characters in the game, but do you guys think this could be a hint towards what may await at comic-con?
I'm still under the belief that nothing special will get revealed at Comic-Con (Unless Batman confirmed for Smash :troll:) but I'm willing to be cautiously optimized that maybe something related to Star Fox will happen.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
On the real though, Assault was a stunning game. Beautiful imagery. I really enjoyed Namco's art direction for that title. As far as a major announcement, I'm not so sure today's picture forebodes anything significant this week, but you can be sure every troll and their dog will be cooking up new leaks to correlate with the stage reveal.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Would you look at that? The Arwings are based off the Namco designs.
Its Assault-based, so it makes sense the Arwings are based on Namco's designs as they did the game. Nothing particularly special about it. Assault never got a stage representation before, it was the last console Star Fox game, so now it does.

Discussion time!?? :D This is sakurai's trick mang we don't know what this is. A new map? Maybe. Falco confirmed? Maybe. I mean my guess is either falco and fox is in the arwings or.........bare with me here Krystal and falco...Wolf cut. Don't hurt me :C
Just my thoughts. What you think...
Falco would get cut before Wolf, and with Lucina, I doubt either of them were cut.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
I'm getting really paranoid. This is looking like it could go either way; A confirmation, or a deconfirmation.

Tipps4728

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tipps4728
I'm still under the belief that nothing special will get revealed at Comic-Con (Unless Batman confirmed for Smash :troll:) but I'm willing to be cautiously optimized that maybe something related to Star Fox will happen.
Still not expecting too much either but have you noticed that whenever a newcomer has been announced their intro happened on their game related stage (which makes sense). Now we have a Starfox stage that could be used for a newcomer intro.
This is getting me incredibly excited.
Feeling the exact same way now

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
I for one am happy that Sakurai finally gave StarFox the love it deserves. I hope it means that good things are in store for us StarFox fans in SSB4.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
And there are three Arwings in Corneria.

And the Blue Falcon races on Big Blue...

This doesn't mean anything.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Its Assault-based, so it makes sense the Arwings are based on Namco's designs as they did the game. Nothing particularly special about it. Assault never got a stage representation before, it was the last console Star Fox game, so now it does.
Assault should have gotten stage representation in 2008, when it was still the last console game.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Assault should have gotten stage representation in 2008, when it was still the last console game.
Never denied that, they decided to go with a more generic stage instead to represent more games. Now that two stages have to be made, they represented Assault on the Wii U and will likely represent Command on 3DS (while 64 will probably be represented with a returning stage).

And there are three Arwings in Corneria.

And the Blue Falcon races on Big Blue...

This doesn't mean anything.
I hate how people jump to conclusions like this... I mean, if we got Gangplank Galleon, hell yeah I'd root for K. Rool, but that's a stage directly tied to K. Rool. There's a big difference between getting a general stage revealed for a franchise that still has two veterans missing, and getting a stage for a franchise with all its veterans present already, and maybe directed towards a specific character.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The legitimate possibility that we'll never get a Sauria stage is disappointing.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The legitimate possibility that we'll never get a Sauria stage is disappointing.
THIS is something that would hint at Krystal more than anything else. Frankly I never found it likely anyway, though, fact is, most people hate Assault. And Star Fox tends to have stages set on spaceships anyway, a land-based stage is basically impossible.

The one place I could imagine for Star Fox Adventures would be the Krazoa Palace, though. I'd also imagine that would be Krystal's home stage, since it has closer ties to Krystal than anyone.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Krazoa Palace as a stage? Dammit, stop filling my head with beautiful things that'll never happen.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
As I remember there were four Arwings in the background of the Wii stage along with three Wolfens, regardless of how many Star Fox characters are on stage. Not to mention the codexs.

Never denied that, they decided to go with a more generic stage instead to represent more games. Now that two stages have to be made, they represented Assault on the Wii U and will likely represent Command on 3DS (while 64 will probably be represented with a returning stage).
Remember Star Fox 64 3D? Maybe they'll pull a Gerudo Valley. I hope for the Macbeth Train fight.

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
As I remember there were four Arwings in the background of the Wii stage along with three Wolfens, regardless of how many Star Fox characters are on stage. Not to mention the codexs.
Yeah, Brawl's Lyat Cruise easter eggs indicated that pilots can be out there in Arwings providing commentary and yet still be playable even though it makes no sense whatsoever.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I found something else fishy. Look at this picture, it's Fox's On-Screen Apperance in the back ground.

Now why is that 64 style and the ones in the stage are Assault style?

My theory, in Command Fox's ship was a redesinged Arwing wich resempled the flat 64 version while the characters that use "old" arwings use the Assault design. I wonder if Falco's custom ship will return or if Krystal will have either of hers.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Oh, ****. The first bit of Star Fox info besides Fox himself, and it's a stage based on Assault. Let the Star Fox debates begin. Just to let you guys know, I still support Krystal, even though I don't think she'll be in unless she is a DLC character. I definitely want her to be in, though; that staff is too awesome.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I found something else fishy. Look at this picture, it's Fox's On-Screen Apperance in the back ground.

Now why is that 64 style and the ones in the stage are Assault style?

My theory, in Command Fox's ship was a redesinged Arwing wich resempled the flat 64 version while the characters that use "old" arwings use the Assault design. I wonder if Falco's custom ship will return or if Krystal will have either of hers.
Because Fox is based on his 64 design more than anything. He's got voice clips from 64 and has the more classic design. Maybe Command, but Command was based more on the 64 designs anyway. The Arwings in this new Star Fox stage is based on Assault because the stage is based on Assault. Easy explanation.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Oh, ****. The first bit of Star Fox info besides Fox himself, and it's a stage based on Assault. Let the Star Fox debates begin. Just to let you guys know, I still support Krystal, even though I don't think she'll be in unless she is a DLC character. I definitely want her to be in, though; that staff is too awesome.
I'm thinking with Assault getting a stage represented (about time, Lylat Cruise from Brawl didn't do it justice enough), I'm having a strong firm in my beliefs that we're going to get 4 Starfox reps this time around (also since in Star Fox Assault there was a multiplayer mode, and guess which 4 characters were playable in that mode: Fox, Falco, Wolf & Krystal), I'm thinking all 3 SF reps from Brawl are back (de-cloned Falco & Wolf slightly, since there isn't much to change them with), including Krystal as a newcomer.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm tninking, with the exception of Lucina all characters seen so far have something unique about them, what would be Krystal's?

Maybe a variation on Robin's Breakable equipment where you have a staff meter and the more of Krystal's specials you use the faster it drains.

Can you think of any?

Top Bottom