• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

D

Deleted member

I've seen lots of people think if Krystal was to get in then Falco or Wolf would need to be cut. Why can't Starfox have 4 representatives? I honestly believe Krystal's chances are pretty good. All newcomers so far are split 50/50 between male and female (the rest are gender ambiguous or have a version for both genders) which would boost her chances. I don't have a source for this but Sakurai was surprised at how many players wanted Krystal in Brawl (from a poll I believe) and she was one of the top ranking females.
She was indeed a top ranking female in the Brawl poll but I don't believe Sakurai ever commented on her...and thats looking around the old & infamous JPN Brawl website.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
If Fire Emblem, a series smaller than Star Fox can get four reps, I don't see why Star Fox can't get four

Besides, Sakurai did say we need more female characters as stupid as the Wii Fit Trainer is, she fits that niche, and adding Krystal would probably mean, we'd have enough female characters for SSB4, I mean Bayonetta has a very very small chance of getting in since this isn't some stupid SEGA Smash Clone, and we have Sonic, that's enough Sega reps

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Besides, Sakurai did say we need more female characters as stupid as the Wii Fit Trainer is, she fits that niche
Not really, Wii Fit Trainer has a Male counterpart. (I don't really have a problem with her btw)

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
Warning Received
Not really, Wii Fit Trainer has a Male counterpart. (I don't really have a problem with her btw)
People were fine with her in the beginning but now that people have the idea of "OMG she is taking a slot!" Which as I believe slots aren't the problem with becoming a newcomer or returning. People start having a change of heart. I welcome her because she is interesting even though I do want others. But this isn't the place to discuss her. lol

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/07/19/super-smash-bros-teases-special-surprises-for-comic-con/
This is interesting.
Nintendo has teased that a “few special surprises” regarding the next Super Smash Bros. will be unveiled at San Diego Comic-Con.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
http://mynintendonews.com/2014/07/19/super-smash-bros-teases-special-surprises-for-comic-con/
This is interesting.
Nintendo has teased that a “few special surprises” regarding the next Super Smash Bros. will be unveiled at San Diego Comic-Con.
We've already covered it. The only way We'll know if it's character releated is if Sakurai posts a message about it closer to the date. He said nothing about EVO and we got no characters. Got a Reggie appearance though.

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
We've already covered it. The only way We'll know if it's character releated is if Sakurai posts a message about it closer to the date. He said nothing about EVO and we got no characters. Got a Reggie appearance though.
Oh Okay I was looking back to see if someone already talked about it but I must of missed a page.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
And guys let's talk about if Sakurai trolled us and is adding a story mode after all, what would Krystal's intro in the story mode be, and what would her theme be?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder if it'd be that jazz music when Fox is checking her out in Adventures. (That scene wasn't helped by Fox havign a Krazoa that made him look high.)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Falco and Wolf can stay, although I personally wouldnt mind Falco being cut. It's not neccisary by any means

BlindFox

Smash Journeyman
Ahhh f*cking god.. The feelings.. Nostalgia kicking in. Command may be ****ty, but I enjoyed this game a lot.

I wonder if it'd be that jazz music when Fox is checking her out in Adventures. (That scene wasn't helped by Fox havign a Krazoa that made him look high.)
I really don't think so. This music was one of the reasons of the Krystal controversy used by the haters, stating that that music + Krystal outfit was too sexualized.

Falco and Wolf can stay, although I personally wouldnt mind Falco being cut. It's not neccisary by any means
Wow, wow, wow.. Stop right there.. xD

Falco is Fox's best friend. Falco is like Robin to Batman, or Garrus to Commander Sheppard. As much as I want Krystal to get in, I'd get really disappointed if Falco is cut.

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
Falco is Fox's best friend. Falco is like Robin to Batman, or Garrus to Commander Sheppard. As much as I want Krystal to get in, I'd get really disappointed if Falco is cut.[/quote]

Hopefully star fox gets 4 reps

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well Fire Emblem got four Reps so anything can happen.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Falco is Robin if Robin never furthered the storyline. At least Wolf and Krystal have their roles within the storylines of SF (for better or or worse)

But, like we've been saying, no one needs to be cut.

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
Anyone have a prediction as to what surprises Nintendo will have for us at Comic-Con SSB4 wise?

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I would agree with Shorts, it feels too soon to have another reveal.

That Krystal theme is pretty cool, I never got far in Command before it bored me to death.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wouldn't say it's too soon. The game drops in 55 days and there's at least 2-3 more newcomers to come.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Hmmm true...

I keep seeing the game being delayed for god knows how long, it's probably why, haha. Hard to believe it's finally launching after all these years waiting for a new installment. ^^

D

Deleted member

Hmmm true...

I keep seeing the game being delayed for god knows how long, it's probably why, haha. Hard to believe it's finally launching after all these years waiting for a new installment. ^^
Well at least it isn't Brawl...god those 2 months of waiting was painful.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Would be a travesty if Falco or Wolf got cut at this point. Falco and Wolf can return even with a Starfox newcomer.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I expect, neigh, DEMAND 4 Star Fox reps. Entitlement mode activate! For real, it would be so cool to see Fox, Falco, Wolf and Krystal. Can you imagine?! An encounter on a hazard riddled stage with 4 different space animals spamming lasers. That, my friends, is Star Fox at its best.

D

Deleted member

As I said before, if Fire Emblem can get four, I don't see why Star Fox can't get four either, and what do you guys think the Star Fox reveal trailer could be titled?
Probably something along the lines of "Team Star Fox: Ready for duty!" or "Enter Star Fox" (Yay! I'm so original!!!)

Luminario

Smash Lord
That sounds like something Sakurai could do, and I just thought of a song that can be used when Krystal is revealed,

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dzQRbjQ6W6U

What do you think Krystal's entry line could be?
Something about hearing distress calls or "Krystal blasts in"
I'm now even more confident that Krystal will be in Smash since we got Robin and Lucina. After FE rose to 4 characters it just feels right.

D

Deleted member

That sounds like something Sakurai could do, and I just thought of a song that can be used when Krystal is revealed,

~Assault Sauria~

What do you think Krystal's entry line could be?
Maybe something along the lines of "Krystal drops in to the battle!!"

D

Deleted member

All excellentnideas: Do you guys think that the Sauria theme from Assault works for a Krystal reveal? And as for voice acting, I think it will probably be Alesia Gildewell, since she is most associated with Krystal
I guess, yeah or they could thrown in the multiplayer version of Sauria. (Probably works better that way)

Prince17

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
Phaz#755
NNID
Legendlar
3DS FC
3840-7049-1098
The only problem I can see with Starfox getting 4 reps is Donkey Kong still has 2 (although it's a given that we will get at least 1 new DK rep) and the Donkey Kong series IMO is more popular than the Starfox series is with it having more recent titles under its belt. But most realistically we could just get newcomers for both.

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
Krystal is in my dream roster, but at this rate we will be lucky if a starfox character isn't cut. I would love Krystal but I feel like not enough people want her. She didn't even do well on the PM character suggestion poll.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I guess, yeah or they could thrown in the multiplayer version of Sauria. (Probably works better that way)
Though the regular version does sound more intense, and hey guys I know this is off-topic and all, but since we were talking about DLC a while ago, what would your reaction if we get Leon Kennedy from 44

D

Deleted member

The only problem I can see with Starfox getting 4 reps is Donkey Kong still has 2 (although it's a given that we will get at least 1 new DK rep) and the Donkey Kong series IMO is more popular than the Starfox series is with it having more recent titles under its belt. But most realistically we could just get newcomers for both.
It isn't just you, everyone agrees with that DK should get a newcomer.

Though the regular version does sound more intense, and hey guys I know this is off-topic and all, but since we were talking about DLC a while ago, what would your reaction if we get Leon Kennedy from 44
"Meh"

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Warning Received
Krystal is in my dream roster, but at this rate we will be lucky if a starfox character isn't cut. I would love Krystal but I feel like not enough people want her. She didn't even do well on the PM character suggestion poll.
Does Nintendo recognize Project: M, no they don't and many of the characters on the SSB4 roster were requested when Brawl came out, and Krystal was a very popular character

I meant RE4, I mean Leon could have a unique moveset and all, and RE4 was one of the best GameCube games, though I don't know if Sakurai would add him because of the whole gun thing, but one gun character would be enough, to atleast not oversaturate the roster, but does Capcom need a 2, I !mean RE is a very big series, and very iconic, but the whole DLC thing depends on if RE7 is revealed to be for the Wii U

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
Does Nintendo recognize Project: M, no they don't and many of the characters on the SSB4 roster were requested when Brawl came out, and Krystal was a very popular character
I didn't mean nintendo would look at a PM poll I just meant that the poll could be indicative to how people feel and if it is then she isn't that popular. Like I said she is on my dream roster. Would I be stoked to see her? YES! Do I have high hopes? no.

Top Bottom