• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

D

Deleted member

Does Nintendo recognize Project: M, no they don't and many of the characters on the SSB4 roster were requested when Brawl came out, and Krystal was a very popular character
I dunno, Sakurai seems to be taking some notes off of it or was intrigued...then again, if you say "Project M" on Miiverse, it gets taken down for criminal activity (Probably because they want to get the hype & money. Thats business for you) so maybe they do know about it.

Who knows, back to the topic at hand.

Last edited by a moderator:

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
I'd like a remix of this song to be Krystal's theme:

Let the Nintendo musicians work their magic and increase the tempo to fit for a fighting game. It can be done.

Of course, there are other choices from Assault too.

Raykushi

Smash Cadet
Thanks, so what ending of Command do you think will be canon, will Krystal be a part of Star Wolf, Kursed, or still a member of Star Fox?
I like to pretend that story isn't cannon. Those multiple endings just seemed like they got a bunch of bad fanfiction writers in the same room to decide the ending. If they can denounce the Metroid Prime trilogy which is arguably the best part of that franchise, they can denounce Starfox Command.

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
Looks like old concept art of Krystal in Star Fox Adventures has been found from Michael Cawood (He was senior animator & layout artist)

Compared to what Krystal looks like now, she sure has changed eh?

And I guess this is supposed to be Fox McCloud

You can find more at his site: http://michaelcawood.com/characters/starfox-sketches/#
Lolz XD. Wow these old drawings of Krystal look like Fox if he was a female instead of a male. Anyway, lets get back on track here shall we. I think Krystal's theme should be the main theme of StarFox Assualt. Here's a link to it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnTFIG3IiZA&list=PLFB1891FFE6F8D3E0 Just imagine Nintendo making a remix, or an updated version of this catchy theme for SSB4 or Krystal.

Last edited:

Tipps4728

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tipps4728
If you guys were to write a Kursed game, how would you write it

(This isn't a question of if you liked the ending or not)
I'd make it from Kursed's point of view and similar to the game Star Wars Bounty Hunter in gameplay but obviously make it Starfox related. But I don't think a game about Kursed is ever coming honestly.

I think Krystal's theme should be the main theme of StarFox Assault. Just imagine Nintendo making a remix, or an updated version of this catchy theme for SSB4 or Krystal.
Yeah I could imagine them using either that or maybe her theme from Star Fox Command

Tipps4728

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tipps4728
Will it be dark and edgy, what will the plot be?
I could see it being dark and edgy, but not too much since this is nintendo. A plot could be Starwolf had once again began their criminal activity, with a bounty posted on them. However they haven't been seen around the Lylat system for years now. Kursed has to track down other bounties who have been associated with wolf and the gang in the past (maybe a special one being like Pigma or Andrew). During this hunt she is saved by Fox who doesn't recognize her or maybe ends up in a dog fight with him (or both). There could be other stuff too, anyways I'd play a game like that.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I could see it being dark and edgy, but not too much since this is nintendo. A plot could be Starwolf had once again began their criminal activity, with a bounty posted on them. However they haven't been seen around the Lylat system for years now. Kursed has to track down other bounties who have been associated with wolf and the gang in the past (maybe a special one being like Pigma or Andrew). During this hunt she is saved by Fox who doesn't recognize her or maybe ends up in a dog fight with him (or both). There could be other stuff too, anyways I'd play a game like that.
And maybe Kursed and Fox reconcile and Kursed becomes Krystal again, oh and could you write Kursed's monologue (emo dark and edgy), and some of her lines?

Morbi

Scavenger
I would really want Fox, Falco, Krystal, Wolf, but at this point I'm just hoping for Fox and Falco.
I would really want Fox, Falco, Krystal, Wolf, but at this point I'm just hoping for Fox, Falco, Krystal, and Wolf. :troll:

I do agree with you to an extent, it is difficult to presume that Star Fox warrants four characters; however, that last time erroneously speculated in regards to how many characters a franchise might get... this happened.

:4marth::4myfriends::4lucina::4robinm::4robinf:

Last edited:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I would really want Fox, Falco, Krystal, Wolf, but at this point I'm just hoping for Foxe, Falco, Krytal, and Wolf. :troll:

I do agree with you to an extent, it is difficult to presume that Star Fox warrants four characters; however, that last time erroneously speculated in regards to how many characters a franchise might get... this happened.

:4marth::4myfriends::4lucina::4robinm::4robinf:
I think there's still possibility for the series to get four reps, since Star Fox is in Nintendo's top ten best selling series', and has fewer reps currently than two series' that don't sell as well as it. Maybe we'll get a Star Fox reveal trailer, with Falco, Wolf, Krystal and a stage or two?

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I think there's still possibility for the series to get four reps, since Star Fox is in Nintendo's top ten best selling series', and has fewer reps currently than two series' that don't sell as well as it. Maybe we'll get a Star Fox reveal trailer, with Falco, Wolf, Krystal and a stage or two?
Yeah, since the lack of Star Fox content could really imply that Sakurai is planning something big

Morbi

Scavenger
Yeah, since the lack of Star Fox content could really imply that Sakurai is planning something big
I would usually play devil's advocate and insinuate that perhaps the lack of content would imply the very opposite (that nothing big is planned for Star Fox); however, it is far too absurd for me to even pretend that that is the case.

Morbi

Scavenger
I'd say Comic-Con for Star Fox reveal
I hope that that is indeed the case, I heard that they are holding a 3DS tournament. Falco just happens to be a favorite of the competitive scene. I would not be surprised if we had another "Charizard" or "Captain Falcon" reveal if that entails a trailer.
:falcomelee::falco:

D

Deleted member

I'd say Comic-Con for Star Fox reveal
Ehh...I'm not so sure. I mean Comic-Con doesn't seem like the place to reveal big stuff for upcoming games (Unless of course its a new Batman Arkham entry but thats off-topic)

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
There simply aren't enough birds of prey in Smash Bros. yet and hopefully Comic-Con will be the time they correct that.

But uh yeah, Krystal... Smash 4! Woot!

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
But guys back to the Kursed story,someone write her monologue, maybe taking place 5 years after Command, and some of her lines, (she's emo edgy, and emotionless)

Tipps4728

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tipps4728
And maybe Kursed and Fox reconcile and Kursed becomes Krystal again, oh and could you write Kursed's monologue (emo dark and edgy), and some of her lines?
I'll give it a go. "Who- who are you?" "I used to go by a different name. A name worth something. A name of beauty. But that name died long ago, you will call me Kursed." Something like that as an intro with some bounty she is collecting. As what she becomes known as: a shadow in the dark, a new bounty hunter arises out of the Lylat. Said to be trained by the best, many learn her name. Kursed. It's said she is Kursed by the one she used to love, Kursed by the ones she used to trust. Now, alone, she tracks down the scum if the system, forever carrying her burden.

Ehh...I'm not so sure. I mean Comic-Con doesn't seem like the place to reveal big stuff for upcoming games (Unless of course its a new Batman Arkham entry but thats off-topic)
I agree I'm not expecting too much from Nintendo at comic-con. Maybe a veteran release but not expecting anything too big. But I'd be happy with a Starfox reveal during comic-con!

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I'll give it a go. "Who- who are you?" "I used to go by a different name. A name worth something. A name of beauty. But that name died long ago, you will call me Kursed." Something like that as an intro with some bounty she is collecting. As what she becomes known as: a shadow in the dark, a new bounty hunter arises out of the Lylat. Said to be trained by the best, many learn her name. Kursed. It's said she is Kursed by the one she used to love, Kursed by the ones she used to trust. Now, alone, she tracks down the scum if the system, forever carrying her burden
Nice but Kursed will narrate the intro, and some dialogue after she successfully kills a target,when she's getting hurt, and for the game over scene, as well as with Fox (She and him reconcile at the end, the game has a metal soundtrack something intense and edgy,during the Star Wolf missions the a metal version of the Star Wolf theme from Assault plays)

D

Deleted member

OK, I don't usually say these things but...the Kursed thing is kind of making me feel uncomfortable looking at it.

D

Deleted member

Though the ending sucked, it doesn't matter, the game could be a good take on the series, I mean Star Fox always has been one of the edgier Nintendo series
I know. I'm all for speculation & ideas on where to take Star Fox but I just don't really like the thought of a Kursed game. I'm not stopping you for anything, just sharing my thoughts.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I know. I'm all for speculation & ideas on where to take Star Fox but I just don't really like the thought of a Kursed game. I'm not stopping you for anything, just sharing my thoughts.

Fine, though honestly it really could develop Krystal's character and make her not be just the space w*censored*e that everyone thinks she is

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Hmmm... There's 10 to 13 characters have been announced (depending on how you count Lucina and the Mii Fighters) and going on the assumption that Shulk and a Rhythm Heaven character will be in that's 12-15 newcomers. I'd say Krystal's chances are 50-50. She's got a lot ging for her but there's a lot of competition for the development time. Not slots, development time.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
I was never too big on the whole, "Kursed," side of Star Fox. It just doesn't seem like a good idea to make a lovable character like Krystal a completely warped version of her former self.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
I don't like the thought of her leaving the star fox team at all
Agreed. Where she is now is what's best for her character in terms of growth and fan appeal. I doubt that the fanbase of Star Fox would want a game focusing on any of the characters entirely. A good thing for Krystal would be to elaborate on her backstory a bit, but have it cater to the storyline as a whole and not have it become the whole story in general.

That's why I like the fan game so much. They have aspects of Krystal's past as a prominet feature in the game, but the story is about a massive war in Lylat.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Fine though a game starring her explaining her backstory, could be a good idea
That would be better...and to be honest, if it were to happen (Assuming the franchise does not get a reboot), its probably the only closest thing people will get to an official Dinosaur Planet game without fans having to remake it.

Agreed. Where she is now is what's best for her character in terms of growth and fan appeal. I doubt that the fanbase of Star Fox would want a game focusing on any of the characters entirely. A good thing for Krystal would be to elaborate on her backstory a bit, but have it cater to the storyline as a whole and not have it become the whole story in general.

That's why I like the fan game so much. They have aspects of Krystal's past as a prominet feature in the game, but the story is about a massive war in Lylat.
I kind of want to see other character's backstories explained (Wolf especially since he is guilty of having none) instead of just Krystal but hey, works for me!

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion

Better idea: There could be a bonus mode in SF Wii U: involving you playing as her,

Make Star Fox Wii U more story driven, the problems with every Star Fox game are barebones storytelling

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Make Star Fox Wii U more story driven, the problems with every Star Fox game are barebones storytelling
Yeah and it's unfortunate because Miyamoto sees the franchise from more of a gameplay perspective than anything else. I don't think he understands just how much lore and potential this franchise really holds.

Tipps4728

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tipps4728
Nice but Kursed will narrate the intro, and some dialogue after she successfully kills a target,when she's getting hurt, and for the game over scene, as well as with Fox (She and him reconcile at the end, the game has a metal soundtrack something intense and edgy,during the Star Wolf missions the a metal version of the Star Wolf theme from Assault plays)
If I think of some I'll let you know, just stuck at work now so yeah

As far as feelings about the endings of command, I liked most of them, and have always wondered which one they would use as canon (if any). I am also ok with her but I like Krystal better part as the Starfox team

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
So guys let's discuss Krystal's final smash, and a nickname for us Krystal supporters
"Cloudrunner Assault."

Krystal sends out a distress signal and says, "I need some help from an old friend," and soon, the cloudrunner from the beginning of Adventures swoops from the sky and Krystal jumps on his back. Then, she manuevers around the stage while the cloudrunner shoots fireballs onto the stage, which the player will control. At the end, she thanks her friend and jumps back to the battlefield.

Top Bottom