• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
So with every part of the Gematsu leak in question beyond the first, it means (among other things) that character DLC isn't a sure thing. That...might mean Krystal's chances just took a hit, considering her chance of making the initial roster is pretty damn unlikely and she'd have a much higher chance of being a DLC character if she plays in important role in the new Star Fox game.

I dunno. Thoughts?

And hello, 3K.
I don't understand how her chances are considerably low. Either way, Gematsu was by no means false, but instead just supplied with extremely outdated info. Sure, DLC is up in the air at the moment, but I would think that is harder to throw out the window as opposed to a certain character choice. Also, maybe the leaker gave out info that was true before the whole roster was finalized, so there are probably more characters than that initial leak is showing.

I still think DLC is all the likely right now, but I'm curious to see as if the Chorus Men concept was thrown away too, just like Chrom. I guess we have to wait and see!

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hey guys, I was wondering about Krystal's movest, according to this list, how would it be classified? (hybrid classes are possible):

Zoner - Character whose strength lies in forcing their opponent to stay in a certain area. Ex: :4marth:

Ranger - Character whose strength lies in their ranged attacks to force opponents to keep their distance. Ex: :4link:

Speedster - Character whose strength lies in their speed and ability to overwhelm their opponents with relentless attacks. Ex: :4pikachu:

Trickster - Character whose strength lies in a quirky moveset that is hard to predict and can alter the battle field. Ex: :4villager:

Bruiser - Character whose strength lies in devastating attacks to quickly finish off opponents. Ex: :4falcon:

Resistor - Character whose strength lies in super armor that allows them to tank hits to strike down opponents. Ex: :4bowser:

Puppeteer - Character whose strength lies in overwhelming opponents with relentless attacks stopping opponents from striking back. Strength in numbers. Ex: :rosalina:

Juggler - Character whose strength lies in being able to string combos together to finish off opponents. Ex: :4luigi:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I thought of what could be a good design for Krystal in Smash, should she get in, just a basic concept I found on dA, or she can be in her Adventures outfit, while having a blaster holster on her hip, (kinda like Ada Wong from RE4)
Krystal_Redesign_by_Atticus_Kotch.jpg

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Hey guys, I was wondering about Krystal's movest, according to this list, how would it be classified? (hybrid classes are possible):

Zoner - Character whose strength lies in forcing their opponent to stay in a certain area. Ex: :4marth:

Ranger - Character whose strength lies in their ranged attacks to force opponents to keep their distance. Ex: :4link:

Speedster - Character whose strength lies in their speed and ability to overwhelm their opponents with relentless attacks. Ex: :4pikachu:

Trickster - Character whose strength lies in a quirky moveset that is hard to predict and can alter the battle field. Ex: :4villager:

Bruiser - Character whose strength lies in devastating attacks to quickly finish off opponents. Ex: :4falcon:

Resistor - Character whose strength lies in super armor that allows them to tank hits to strike down opponents. Ex: :4bowser:

Puppeteer - Character whose strength lies in overwhelming opponents with relentless attacks stopping opponents from striking back. Strength in numbers. Ex: :rosalina:

Juggler - Character whose strength lies in being able to string combos together to finish off opponents. Ex: :4luigi:
Maybe make Krystal a well rounded jack-of-all-trades character

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
So since it looks like SSB for 3DS (And maybe Wii U) will recieve an E10+ rating, I guess its safe to assume that her Adventures outfit is out of the question (Unless they modified it to make it look better)
I don't see how having an E10+ rating means that her adventures outfit couldn't be in the game. It's already got the "suggestive themes" in the rating, as if those clothes are suggestive towards anything, and it's no more risqué than Zero Suit Samus' skin tight clothes with her more well endowed figure.

D

Deleted member

I thought of what could be a good design for Krystal in Smash, should she get in, just a basic concept I found on dA, or she can be in her Adventures outfit, while having a blaster holster on her hip, (kinda like Ada Wong from RE4)
The concept is cool, I'll give it that...although the boots should be a bit bigger (After all, most of the Star Fox crew look like they wear clown shoes, especially Fox)

Clearly any character who plans to use a staff is deemed to be a zoner type. And a bit of juggler perhaps.
Pretty much so.

I don't see how having an E10+ rating means that her adventures outfit couldn't be in the game. It's already got the "suggestive themes" in the rating, as if those clothes are suggestive towards anything, and it's no more risqué than Zero Suit Samus' skin tight clothes with her more well endowed figure.
Hmm...I was probably thinking too much on the outcome of the Adventures attire being the default costume (Even though I don't mind it myself)

Last edited by a moderator:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Maybe it was Krystal that lead to the Austrailian boards applying a slight nudity warning. Bayonetta would make the whole darn thing off the charts for sure so it's not her.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
A female shows a little skin and all of a sudden its risqué? Sonic is butt naked.
And now I'm flashing back to that time I looked at Sonic art on DA... The horror.

D

Deleted member

All right all right, I got the memo! Sheesh, I obviously wasn't thinking right! I didn't mean to cause this madness!

*Ahem* Anyways...I'm kind of hoping that if she does make an appearance in the new Star Fox game, that she (Or the rest of the crew) don't retain ugly looks from Command.

BlindFox

Smash Journeyman
So with every part of the Gematsu leak in question beyond the first, it means (among other things) that character DLC isn't a sure thing. That...might mean Krystal's chances just took a hit, considering her chance of making the initial roster is pretty damn unlikely and she'd have a much higher chance of being a DLC character if she plays in important role in the new Star Fox game.

I dunno. Thoughts?

And hello, 3K.
Well, I don't know if you read our previous conversations here, but we are really confident that sooner or later we're going to have a StarFox themed trailer (Because the lack of StarFox content shown) so with that in mind we believe that her chances to be in the game are quite higher than Pre-E3.
So since it looks like SSB for 3DS (And maybe Wii U) will recieve an E10+ rating, I guess its safe to assume that her Adventures outfit is out of the question (Unless they modified it to make it look better): http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/zC34HnrON-_wV0ZUkSfQFC6ub3Ea8DQ6

Her Command outfit might be her default costume (That is if she is confirmed as newcomer)

But we all know how ugly it is so have it my way! A blend of her looks from Assault & outfit from Command!

EDIT

We're almost at 3000 posts in this thread! Woo!
Honestly, I think she needs a redesign (But hey, she looks darn cool with Javik's gun xD)

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
Well, I don't know if you read our previous conversations here, but we are really confident that sooner or later we're going to have a StarFox themed trailer (Because the lack of StarFox content shown) so with that in mind we believe that her chances to be in the game are quite higher than Pre-E3.
That does seem possible. I would be a good time to reveal Falco's reappearance and introduce a new Starfox character. And I honestly can't think of any other Starfox character that would make more sense in Smash Bros. than Krystal. I mean, who would from Starfox could bring in an entirely new moveset?

Speaking of movesets, here's what I would like her moveset to be:

Smash Attacks - Swinging the the Staff around, implementing the combos from Starfox Adventures.
Neutral B - Ice Blast
Forward+B - Fire Blast
Up+B - Rocket Boost
Down+B - Ground Quake

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
That does seem possible. I would be a good time to reveal Falco's reappearance and introduce a new Starfox character. And I honestly can't think of any other Starfox character that would make more sense in Smash Bros. than Krystal. I mean, who would from Starfox could bring in an entirely new moveset?

Speaking of movesets, here's what I would like her moveset to be:

Smash Attacks - Swinging the the Staff around, implementing the combos from Starfox Adventures.
Neutral B - Ice Blast
Forward+B - Fire Blast
Up+B - Rocket Boost
Down+B - Ground Quake

And what could her final smash be?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well duh that, but moveset wise.
We won't know until we see her moveset, but I think characters that can work around her extended reach with her staff would be a problem.

It's nice that the Krystal boards are having debates that aren't arguing with anti-furry trolls.

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
What I'm about to say should be taken lightly don't get hyped over it. I read a post a Miiverse from a friend mine who follows Nintendo news very closely. He said that Nintendo is supposedly going to have a few surprises during Comic-Con. Once again please don't get over hyped about this. Look it up because what I say is true. Perhaps will see a StarFox trailer for SSB4 who knows.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
What I'm about to say should be taken lightly don't get hyped over it. I read a post a Miiverse from a friend mine who follows Nintendo news very closely. He said that Nintendo is supposedly going to have a few surprises during Comic-Con. Once again please don't get over hyped about this. Look it up because what I say is true. Perhaps will see a StarFox trailer for SSB4 who knows.
Thanks

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
So guys when do you think the Star Fox reveal will be?
Well guessing on how Sakurai likes to announce characters in relation to their series/games anniversary, he will probably reveal a Star Fox character during a Star Fox game anniversary.

BillE

Smash Cadet
Well guessing on how Sakurai likes to announce characters in relation to their series/games anniversary, he will probably reveal a Star Fox character during a Star Fox game anniversary.
When did he ever reveal a character on the anniversary

D

Deleted member

Only question is...which game could it be since none got revealed during 64's (4/27/1997), Assault's (2/24/2005), SNES' (2/21/1993), or 64 3D's (7/14/11) anniversaries? All I can think of are Command & Adventures (That'd be a bit too close to the JPN release though)

Then again, there may not be anniversary reveals.

Why this thread doesn't have a supporter list in the OP?
Well...the OP hasn't been updated in a long time.

Oh yeah, thats happening! Right on their Facebook page

I want a Star Fox reveal as much as anyone else but I think its kind of too soon for it to happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Robin and Lucina on Monday. I think it had to do with the Fire Emblem Series Anniversary if I am not mistaken.

He also revealed Little Mac on the Punch Out Arcade Game's Anniversary.

Last edited:

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Robin and Lucina on Monday. I think it had to do with the Fire Emblem Series Anniversary if I am not mistaken.

He also revealed Little Mac on the Punch Out Arcade Game's Anniversary.
It was Captain Falcon's. FE characters have a tendency to reveal out of the blue unlike other veterans and new-comers.

Peach for Super Mario Bros's 29th anniversary
Lucario for Smash Bros's 15th anniversary (farfectched) and Brawl's 6th anniversary
Little Mac for Punch Out's 30th anniversary
Zero Suit Samus for Metroid: Zero Mission's 10th anniversary (for 2nd region; must be just coincide as the real anniversary is on Feb 9)
Captain Falcon for F-Zero X's 16th anniversary (2nd installment of F-Zero series, his first installment is on November)

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
One would be her vistory animation from Star Fox Assault.

D

Deleted member

Guys, what do you think Krystal's taunts, victory animations, and quotes should be, for example what her selection sound is
Sticking with my idea I made few months ago

Nah, I think they can come up with new lines for her such as...

"My training has really paid off!"
"You were good, but not as good as me!"

When Fox is present

"How does it feel to be defeated by a lady, Fox?"

When Falco is present

"Oh Falco, I always figured you'd be better in the air than on foot!"

When Wolf is present

"Weren't you supposed to be the tough guy, Wolf?"

Prince17

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
Phaz#755
NNID
Legendlar
3DS FC
3840-7049-1098
I've seen lots of people think if Krystal was to get in then Falco or Wolf would need to be cut. Why can't Starfox have 4 representatives? I honestly believe Krystal's chances are pretty good. All newcomers so far are split 50/50 between male and female (the rest are gender ambiguous or have a version for both genders) which would boost her chances. I don't have a source for this but Sakurai was surprised at how many players wanted Krystal in Brawl (from a poll I believe) and she was one of the top ranking females.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I've seen lots of people think if Krystal was to get in then Falco or Wolf would need to be cut. Why can't Starfox have 4 representatives? I honestly believe Krystal's chances are pretty good. All newcomers so far are split 50/50 between male and female (the rest are gender ambiguous or have a version for both genders) which would boost her chances. I don't have a source for this but Sakurai was surprised at how many players wanted Krystal in Brawl (from a poll I believe) and she was one of the top ranking females.
With Both Robin and Lucina added and the "big three" all expanding (in terms of slots anyway) I think there's a chance of all 4 happening.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
The lack of Star Fox stuff so far is a bit disturbing, I mean we've yet to see any stages or even an enemy in smash run.

Top Bottom