• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Not every character needs a gimmick. I'd rather just get a staff-wielding, Assault costume Krystal with a unique moveset and no frills.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
I think with Assault getting a stage represented (about time, Lylat Cruise from Brawl didn't do it justice enough), I have a strong firm belief that we're going to get 4 Starfox reps this time around (also since in Star Fox Assault there was a multiplayer mode, and guess which 4 characters were playable in that mode: Fox, Falco, Wolf & Krystal), I'm thinking all 3 SF reps from Brawl are back (de-cloned Falco & Wolf slightly, since there isn't much to change them with), including Krystal as a newcomer.
I'm more pessimistic, probably because I'm more biased towards the DK series, and Dixie and K. Rool are higher in my wanted newcomer list. Though, you could be right.

Last edited:

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
And there are three Arwings in Corneria.

And the Blue Falcon races on Big Blue...

This doesn't mean anything.
I'm more pessimistic, probably because I'm more biased towards the DK series, and Dixie and K. Rool are higher in my wanted newcomer list. Though, you could be right.
We gotta work together man. Star fox and Dk Unite!...I guess kirby

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
We gotta work together man. Star fox and Dk Unite!...I guess kirby
I'm perfectly content with Krystal getting in as the fourth Star Fox rep, I just don't think its that likely anymore. There's other characters I think will get in before her. I certainly wouldn't mind if she gets in at all, though.

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
I'm perfectly content with Krystal getting in as the fourth Star Fox rep, I just don't think its that likely anymore. There's other characters I think will get in before her. I certainly wouldn't mind if she gets in at all, though.
I'm curious who do You think will get in before her? Probably isn't the place for this but I really want to know.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm curious who do You think will get in before her? Probably isn't the place for this but I really want to know.
- Wolf gets new specials
- Ganondorf Revamped
- Ridley
- K. Rool
- Dixie Kong (DK is a longer running franchise with more popularity and sales and far more games)
- Isaac
- Shulk
- RH Rep
- Mewtwo Back
- Sami (I think Snake is gone, Sami is an easy fit to replace him; I anticipate she'd be a cross-game clone of Snake, plus Advance Wars is the longest-running franchise without a playable rep)
- Black Shadow (to replace Ganondorf's old moveset, F-Zero only O12 franchise not to get a second rep yet)

I'd put Krystal higher than Bandana Dee, but still behind all these guys. Granted, Sami/Black Shadow wouldn't be competition for Krystal, as both would just be fairly easy clones.

And again, I have nothing against Krystal at all. I'm not a Krystal hater or anything. Earlier on, I thought Krystal was quite likely, now I just don't think she's very likely at all.

EDIT: Forgot Ridley. :p

Last edited:

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
- Wolf gets new specials
- Ganondorf Revamped
- K. Rool
- Dixie Kong (DK is a longer running franchise with more popularity and sales and far more games)
- Isaac
- Shulk
- RH Rep
- Mewtwo Back
- Sami (I think Snake is gone, Sami is an easy fit to replace him; I anticipate she'd be a cross-game clone of Snake, plus Advance Wars is the longest-running franchise without a playable rep)
- Black Shadow (to replace Ganondorf's old moveset, F-Zero only O12 franchise not to get a second rep yet)

I'd put Krystal higher than Bandana Dee, but still behind all these guys. Granted, Sami/Black Shadow wouldn't be competition for Krystal, as both would just be fairly easy clones.

And again, I have nothing against Krystal at all. I'm not a Krystal hater or anything. Earlier on, I thought Krystal was quite likely, now I just don't think she's very likely at all.
Well here's hoping for Star Fox Veterans and Krystal Reveal trailer. :D (I've gone too far off topic Lol)

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well here's hoping for Star Fox Veterans and Krystal Reveal trailer. :D (I've gone too far off topic Lol)
That's the other thing. Star Fox only has one announced character so far. That fact alone makes me believe we'll only get Wolf and Falco back.

Last edited:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I can't think of anything as unique as Little Mac or Rosalina, but she's definitely unique like Pac - Man and Palutena. ATM at least, I can't think of a "gimmick" for her.

The new stage looks soooo gewd

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Fox, Falco, Krystal in Trailer, Wolf is secret

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
Fox, Falco, Krystal in Trailer, Wolf is secret
Some characters that were secret in brawl aren't secret anymore. So it would make sense if falco was to be revealed as a returning vet during a reveal especially since marth and captain falcon are here. (They were brawls secret characters and fire emblem got a new rep. :p Just saying though.)

Last edited:

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Even if Krystal is playable, she could still pilot an arwing whenever she isn't in the fights. Same with Fox. It'd only be relevant if we have secret talking scenes again anyways.

.... Or maybe....

When Krystal joins the Assault, Alonzo Pilots her arwing!

*Arwing flies into the side of the Great Fox and explodes*

<_< Hmm. Maybe someone should have taught him to fly that first.

BlindFox

Smash Journeyman
Well. FOR ME this picture confirmed Krystal. It's the very FIRST Assault "stuff" that we have ever seen on a Smash Bros game. And remember the caption of the pic "I wonder what missions it will conduct", that's pretty clear that this will be a dynamic stage with the Great Fox going through different planets and stuff.

And about Krystal being in one of those arwings, remember that in Brawl when Falco wasn't in the star fox stage he was on the arwing. Same happened to fox.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
In the very beginning of the trailer there are Fox, Lucario, and Kirby going out to somewhere someplace. When Kirby saw Dedede selling his cookies to other Smash Bros fighters, Kirby got Fox and Lucario's attention and pointed to it, implying he wanted one too and he left. Fox then received such high power level in his scouter coming from the hill and told "I'll go to somewhere else meantime... I'll be back!" leaving Lucario alone. Lucario moved on and saw Wolf standing and watching Falco picking on Jigglypuff ahead of him and she seemed to be crying for helps, Lucario decided to defend for her. (Jigglypuff confirmed!)

The fight continues until Lucario gained 150%, his aura power level is quite a bit powerful than ever before. Falco yelled" What, is he becoming OP now?!" Wolf then yelled "No, it's his ability! He becomes more powerful as his damage percentage increased! Dang it! You've done it!"

Wolf then blasted off Falco out of the way. Wolf attacked Lucario and eventually blasted off and encountered Kirby carrying a pink box couple of cookies. Kirby gave Wolf one. When Lucario tried to catch up to Wolf to begin fight again. Kirby cuts in as if he was trying to say "STOP!" Wolf still want to fight but after a while Wolf decided to be on Lucario's side cautiously, only several feets away from each others (Wolf confirmed!). Falco came back and saw Wolf standing next to Jigglypuff. Falco then said, "Guess it isn't my thing to do." and got on Arwing and left to nowhere (Falco disconfirmed!).

Over the hill, Fox was hiding from a mysterious fighter. Fox looked exhausted and not feeling well due to intensive fights. Meantime, he called Falco for help, but he didn't responded. Then he called a mysterious female fighter instead, but didn't get responded either...?

A mysterious fighter was looking for Fox hiding somewhere and spotted Wolf thinking he's Fox along with other fighters. Wolf got blasted off from the behind and this mysterious fighter happen to be Mewtwo (Mewtwo confirmed!). Lucario and his "puffy" fighters had an uneasy feel toward Mewtwo they encountered. Wolf encountered Fox. "What just happened, Wolf?!" Fox said. Wolf told him "Mewtwo sure is strong! We're pretty exhausted, I don't think we'll be able to beat him..." Fox then enraged and joined the fight along with Lucario, Kirby, and Jigglypuff.

Once they're pretty exhausted, The mysterious female fighter jumped in out of the nowhere. She's a blue vixen named Krystal (Krystal confirmed!)! Mewtwo the powerful Pokemon VS three veterans and a new-comer! Mewtwo was about to lose but the first Smash Ball appeared and Mewtwo managed to break it, he transformed into Mega Mewtwo X and blasted off Fox. Then after the transformation was over, another Smash Ball appeared and Mewtwo got it again. But this time he transformed into Mega Mewtwo Y. He blasted off Kirby and damaged Krystal considerably.

In the very end, the 3rd Smash Ball appeared, Lucario finally managed to break it. Lucario KO Mewtwo with his a Final Smash! GENKI DAMA!!

Falco as Nappa
Wolf as Vegeta
Lucario as Goku to fight off Vegeta
Mewtwo as Freeza
Fox as SSJ1 Goku to fight off Freeza... and Freeza survived
Krystal as Future Trunks
Mega Mewtwo X as Cell and killed Goku
Kirby as Majin Boo
Mega Mewtwo Y as Kid Boo
Mega Lucario as SSJ2 Goku and killed Kid Boo
Krystal as Bulma to get along with Vegeta (Fox or "kursed" for Wolf for that matter).

Sorry for horrible writing quality. XD I'm tired.

Last edited:

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
That's the other thing. Star Fox only has one announced character so far. That fact alone makes me believe we'll only get Wolf and Falco back.
That I doubt. We only had one announced in Brawl and we got 2 more added. I see this as a good sign and a stage directly pointing to Assault is giving me a bit more faith.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The Challenger banners just went down on the Smash Bros Site. Could BlueBoobs McFurrydream get her chance soon?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Things are looking up for the beloved Staff-Wielding Star Fox Member. In fact, it is wonderful to finally see Star Fox get some love with a stage in SSB4.

I'll be rooting for Krystal from the side lines guys!

P.S. If I have not already, I would like to support Krystal for SSB4.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Things are looking up for the beloved Staff-Wielding Star Fox Member. In fact, it is wonderful to finally see Star Fox get some love with a stage in SSB4.

I'll be rooting for Krystal from the side lines guys!

P.S. If I have not already, I would like to support Krystal for SSB4.

Welcome to the Cerinians, my friend

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Its Assault-based, so it makes sense the Arwings are based on Namco's designs as they did the game. Nothing particularly special about it. Assault never got a stage representation before, it was the last console Star Fox game, so now it does.

Falco would get cut before Wolf, and with Lucina, I doubt either of them were cut.
The stage from Brawl was basically based on Star Fox Assault.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
No, it was based on Star Fox in general, not on one specific game.
director Masahiro Sakurai said: "Pic of the day. Here's the Great Fox from Star Fox: Assault. I wonder what missions it will conduct. It'll probably have fighters running around on top of it without the pilot's consent."...

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
director Masahiro Sakurai said: "Pic of the day. Here's the Great Fox from Star Fox: Assault. I wonder what missions it will conduct. It'll probably have fighters running around on top of it without the pilot's consent."...
-_-

Thank you for missing the whole conversation and assume we're referring to the Pic of the Day. We were talking about Lylat Cruise from Brawl.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
- Wolf gets new specials
- Ganondorf Revamped
- Ridley
- K. Rool
- Isaac
- Shulk
- RH Rep
- Mewtwo Back

EDIT: Forgot Ridley. :p
In this post, are you calling Krystal a clone? If so, then Krystal would be using only her Staff for her moveset, something that Fox, Falco or Wolf don't even touch in their own movesets.

Krystal would be a breath of fresh air for those who want a Star Fox character without a blaster.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
In this post, are you calling Krystal a clone? If so, then Krystal would be using only her Staff for her moveset, something that Fox, Falco or Wolf don't even touch in their own movesets.

Krystal would be a breath of fresh air for those who want a Star Fox character without a blaster.
Oh hell no, I don't think she'd be a clone at all. In fact, its BECAUSE she wouldn't be a clone that I think she'd be quite far behind several of the clones on that list. Sami and Black Shadow would be clones, not Krystal. Well, TECHNICALLY Sami wouldn't be a "clone" persay, because the assumption is that Snake would be gone. She'd be a clone of Snake, but Snake is gone, so she'd still be unique. And decloning Wolf would be a lot easier than creating Krystal as well.

Plus, I think the number of Arwings proves my point. If Assault is anything to go by, Peppy Hare has retired by this point, he doesn't fly anymore except in non-canon situations. Which means the second Arwing must be Krystal flying it. Yes, in past games the number of Arwings was higher even though Fox/Falco were still on the stage. This time only two Arwings were shown. Unless they cut Falco for Krystal (highly unlikely), or the number of Arwings changes, I don't think Krystal is playable.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
I'm loving all of the support Krystal is getting now! This stage is really upping my confidence in her inclusion.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm loving all of the support Krystal is getting now! This stage is really upping my confidence in her inclusion.
I just think everyone's blowing it out of proportion. I actually think it makes Krystal even less likely to be playable. If it turns out I'm wrong, I'm wrong, I really like the idea of Krystal fighting with her staff, it'd be a great moveset. I just don't think its happening at this point.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Oh hell no, I don't think she'd be a clone at all. In fact, its BECAUSE she wouldn't be a clone that I think she'd be quite far behind several of the clones on that list. Sami and Black Shadow would be clones, not Krystal. Well, TECHNICALLY Sami wouldn't be a "clone" persay, because the assumption is that Snake would be gone. She'd be a clone of Snake, but Snake is gone, so she'd still be unique. And decloning Wolf would be a lot easier than creating Krystal as well.

Plus, I think the number of Arwings proves my point. If Assault is anything to go by, Peppy Hare has retired by this point, he doesn't fly anymore except in non-canon situations. Which means the second Arwing must be Krystal flying it. Yes, in past games the number of Arwings was higher even though Fox/Falco were still on the stage. This time only two Arwings were shown. Unless they cut Falco for Krystal (highly unlikely), or the number of Arwings changes, I don't think Krystal is playable.
Oh. I would like to think that R.O.B and Slippy were the ones flying the Arwings.

About Sami (I will continue talk on the Sami thread if you want), she would not be a clone, since she would take Snake's moveset and add some things from the Advance Wars games.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
I just think everyone's blowing it out of proportion. I actually think it makes Krystal even less likely to be playable. If it turns out I'm wrong, I'm wrong, I really like the idea of Krystal fighting with her staff, it'd be a great moveset. I just don't think its happening at this point.
Well I agree with you on the terms that people are taking it out of proprtion. It's not a definite de/ confirmation at all, but we've always been hopeful. Now that we have a stage that's referencing Assault a bit more, (even though it was the last console Star Fox,) It's looking good for her imo. Those Arwings don't mean a thing considering how they've worked in past instances.

We also don't know much about the stage, or the fate of our friends from the Lylat System, so at this point it's more of a wait and see kind of situation.

Also, there was a point where I lost faith in her as a character, so if she is deconfirmed, then I won't be too heartbroken.

Last edited:

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
-_-

Thank you for missing the whole conversation and assume we're referring to the Pic of the Day. We were talking about Lylat Cruise from Brawl.
Sakurai said the previous statement back in 2007 as well :troll:

but anyways the Lylat Cruise stage is based on the events that took place after Krystal and Panthers character additions and prior to Amanda and Lucy's character additions.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Hey guys, have we decided this is going to be Krystal's costume?:

It's the one I'd want but with Namco on board we may get an upgraded Assault one. That'd be cool too.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
It's the one I'd want but with Namco on board we may get an upgraded Assault one. That'd be cool too.
Yeah...I prefer the one I posted mainly for the fact that the costume has both the essence of the Star Fox Assault Costume and Star Fox Adventures Costume.

It is like a wonderful blend of both.

Top Bottom