• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
Not really sure if the arwings mean anything about characters in the game, but do you guys think this could be a hint towards what may await at comic-con?
Well, if it Helps.....
BANNER'S GONE.

when this occurs, a Challenger is Approaching......

Nevermind. Found Him:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder if Falco would be revealed on his own or as part of another trailer, maybe Krystal's. If Lucina is different enoguh to exist as a seperate character then Falco and Wolf only have each other to battle it out over and even then there'd be enough space.

Last edited:

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Yeah, a niche character thats been recurring with a role in later titles (Excluding 64 3D which was a remake of a game made before her creation)!

Good try for effort! :)
True. I find her roots interesting, but the fact that she's been adapted to be a spotlight female character in the star fox series is kind of neat. Happened to shy guy too :p

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
Double Post Warning Received
I wonder if Falco would be revealed on his own or as part of another trailer, maybe Krystal's. If Lucina is different enoguh to exist as a seperate character then Falco and Wolf only have each other to battle it out over and even then there'd be enough space.
Honestly, I think Falco is probably gonna be our next veteran.
ALTHOUGH.......
Comic Con is coming up, and with the disappearing Banners, I'm dead certain we'll get another character there. and who would be the best character to show off? here are the possibilities:

For Veterans, it'd have to be something significant, So either Mewtwo (probably the most likely), the return of Snake, Or, my personal preference, a Reworked Ganondorf. for anyone else, except maybe another fan-favorite like Meta Knight, they would HAVE to be tied to a newcomer trailer.

in terms of Newcomers, I could potentially see anyone. However, Krystal does make sense, but considering that we JUST got this new Star Fox stage, I don't think they'll show her off Just yet. unless, of course, the week continues to frequent the Star Fox Stage....

Ridley is another choice I could see, but I think he's being saved for the August direct. it'd be strange to not save the biggest Hype Bomb for last....

Dixie/K.Rool trailer I think is very likely, as is a Shulk trailer. Who Knows? All I know is, we are getting someone very soon, and the will probably be a significant Character

True. I find her roots interesting, but the fact that she's been adapted to be a spotlight female character in the star fox series is kind of neat. Happened to shy guy too :p
Considering that Sakurai seems to be going for unique Female Characters, I doubt he would've overlooked Krystal. Krystal is one of the first characters I think of, if not THE first character I think of when I think of Female characters for Smash. certainly more so than Wii Fit Trainer.... It would seem odd to me that he'd just Skip Krystal if he wanted to expand the female roster, and with Lucina, Rosalina, Wii Fit Trainer, and Palutena (not to mention Robin and Villager), it seems like that's what he's trying to do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The Challenger banners just went down on the Smash Bros Site. Could BlueBoobs McFurrydream get her chance soon?

... I admit, that's a pretty funny comment. It almost makes me wish that was her canon name. :troll:

Not every character needs a gimmick. I'd rather just get a staff-wielding, Command costume Krystal with a unique moveset and no frills.
I'm not too crazy about her Assault costume and ZSS already has the catsuit with heels look covered anyways.

Anybody in here throwing around the old stage theory that the stages revealed have to do with upcoming character reveals?

Mario Galaxy- Rosalina
The Ring- Little Mac
Arena Ferox- Lucina/Robin
Pilot Wings/ Find Mii/ Tomodachi Apartment- Miis
Palutena's Temple- Palutena
Lumoise City- Greninja

These are all the new characters shown so far who have had stages revealed related to them before they were shown. Villager, Megaman, Pac-Man, and Wii Fit Trainer had their respective stages revealed with their trailer. Some would probably point out that three of these were from the first E3 SSB4 was shown and two are third party so they're technically special cases (keep in mind that Sonic's Wii U stage was also shown in his reveal trailer in October). Of course, this would suggest that Zelda and Metroid are going to be eventually getting newcomers too so it would pertain to a lot more than just Star Fox and make things much more open ended. I think it's coincidental and Sakurai's really not putting that much thought into the order of stage reveals but you never know.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion

... I admit, that's a pretty funny comment. It almost makes me wish that was her canon name. :troll:

I'm not too crazy about her Assault costume and ZSS already has the catsuit with heels look covered anyways.

Anybody in here throwing around the old stage theory that the stages revealed have to do with upcoming character reveals?

Mario Galaxy- Rosalina
The Ring- Little Mac
Pilot Wings/ Find Mii/ Tomodachi Apartment- Miis
Lumoise City- Greninja

These are all the new characters shown so far who have had stages revealed related to them before they were shown. Villager, Megaman, Pac-Man, and Wii Fit Trainer had their respective stages revealed with their trailer. Some would probably point out that three of these were from the first E3 SSB4 was shown and two are third party so they're technically special cases (keep in mind that Sonic's Wii U stage was also shown in his reveal trailer in October). Of course, this would suggest that Zelda and Metroid are going to be eventually getting newcomers too so it would pertain to a lot more than just Star Fox and make things much more open ended. I think it's coincidental and Sakurai's really not putting that much thought into the order of stage reveals but you never know.
The ring was revealed in the E3 trailer

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
Mario Galaxy- Rosalina
Pyrosphere- Ridley
Lumoise City- Greninja
Boxing Ring- Little Mac
Pilot Wings/ Find Mii/ Mii Apartments- Mii Fighters

I Do Agree on all of these, but the thing is, The Great Fox is just the Obligatory Star Fox Stage. it doesn't really scream "Krystal", like, say, Pyrosphere screams Ridley or Mario Galaxy screams Rosalina, you know? only if we find out that it, say, orbits Sauria, or something along those lines, will It scream "Krystal"

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Mario Galaxy- Rosalina
Pyrosphere- Ridley
Lumoise City- Greninja
Boxing Ring- Little Mac
Pilot Wings/ Find Mii/ Mii Apartments- Mii Fighters

I Do Agree on all of these, but the thing is, The Great Fox is just the Obligatory Star Fox Stage. it doesn't really scream "Krystal", like, say, Pyrosphere screams Ridley or Mario Galaxy screams Rosalina, you know? only if we find out that it, say, orbits Sauria, or something along those lines, will It scream "Krystal"
It does however say "hey, we acknowledge that Star Fox games after 64 happened you bleeding fanboys". That definitely helps Krystal.

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
It does however say "hey, we acknowledge that Star Fox games after 64 happened you bleeding fanboys". That definitely helps Krystal.
I Suppose that's true......It's really pathetic that most fanboys treat every Star Fox game sans 64 like it's Other M (DISCLAIMER: I Loved Metroid:Other M, personally) .It's really sad. I've only played Command, mind You, so my experience with the series in regard to gameplay is very limited, but Star Fox: Assault is my favorite game in the series based on design and story alone. It Looks like a really fun game, though, and it seems nice to not be confined to an Arwing or Landmaster all the time. someday I wish to play it and enjoy it for myself.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Namco did develop Assault so it's no surprise that the Great Fox is the Assault version this time around. Saying Namco helping with the game helps Krystal's chances would, however, be a bit of a stretch as she isn't their character. On the other hand, Star Fox Assault (along with Donkey Konga) are sort of special cases given they are some of the few times where Nintendo has trusted one of their franchises with a third party so I could see them getting more than subtle nods in this game.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Well, seems everyone already talked all there was to talk about the Great Fox stage. As for me, it says very little but if I had to choose I'd say it helps Krystal chances.
And while Great Fox is always cool I do wish they did something different with Star Fox stages for once. Like a Corneria war zone or Sauria (now, that last would have hinted Krystal a lot more than the Great Fox).

Weeman

Smash Crusader
So, the fact that there are two Arwings in the stage, and Peppy was no longer a pilot in Assault, could mean that if Krystal is confirmed, then Falco would be disconfirmed? or viceversa?

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
So, the fact that there are two Arwings in the stage, and Peppy was no longer a pilot in Assault, could mean that if Krystal is confirmed, then Falco would be disconfirmed? or viceversa?
If krystal join falco doesn't have to be cut. Same goes with wolf. Could be Falco's and Krystal's arwing who to say Fox gotta be in one.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
No. It's alternated in the past games and I suspect it will do the same in this game too. The characters who appear in the arwings/wolfens are only decided by who the first player is (Fox or Falco in Melee and Wolf in Brawl) so there could easily be two Krystals on stage if need be.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Hey... what if the two arwings are being piloted by Slippy, and a new character who's going to be revealed in Star Fox U?
:p

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
Guys, the Arwings do NOT Hinder a character appearing! For the Love of God, the characters are breathing in space and many of them are roughly 1/10th of the size of the Great Fox! Is it really that farfetched for there to be A.I. Controlled Arwings?

Besides, Smash does NOT Stay true to Canon.

Last edited:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Guys, the Arwings do NOT Hinder a character appearing! For the Love of God, the characters are breathing in space and many of them are roughly 1/10th of the size of the Great Fox! Is it really that farfetched for there to be A.I. Controlled Arwings?
Just calm down, friend :seuss:... I'm not that serious about it anyway (though I only can speak for myself), because apparently there were three arwings in Melee on Corneria? If that's the case then this time around it wouldn't mean anything good or bad in favor of anyone.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I know I've got all 4 predicted for my roster in that thread but still uneasy about 2 ships. Peppy took over the Great Fox so I'm really hoping that extra ship isn't Krystal.
As I said earlier, it doesn't have to be anyone. You can't see into the arwings/wolfens anyways and characters can be fighting on stage and appear in the cameos at the same time. It's Smash so logic typically gets thrown out the window anyways.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
As I said earlier, it doesn't have to be anyone. You can't see into the arwings/wolfens anyways and characters can be fighting on stage and appear in the cameos at the same time. It's Smash so logic typically gets thrown out the window anyways.
This is more off-topic, but I find it strange that when Toon Link is on the Spirit Tracks stage that Alfonzo takes his place since it's like you were talking about with smash logic. I mean, there can be multiple Toon Links on the stage at one time anyway so why would it really matter if he was in the background while he was fighting... and the same could go for Krystal, Falco, Wolf, etc. even Andross could be in the background and still be an assist trophy.

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
If Krystal is confirmed as a playable character soon the reactions on GameFAQs will be glorious. I can imagine all the adorable rage right now. XD

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
This is more off-topic, but I find it strange that when Toon Link is on the Spirit Tracks stage that Alfonzo takes his place since it's like you were talking about with smash logic. I mean, there can be multiple Toon Links on the stage at one time anyway so why would it really matter if he was in the background while he was fighting... and the same could go for Krystal, Falco, Wolf, etc. even Andross could be in the background and still be an assist trophy.
An Andross Stage Boss would be interesting.......

Luminario

Smash Lord
Guys you're putting to much focus onto the Starfox Assault stage and how many Arwings there are when you should step back and look at the bigger picture.
As we all know by now Sakurai has to easily envision a moveset for a certain character for them to have a more likely inclusion to Smash Bros (which is why we got Robin over Chrom, Lucina was added in as a freebie to appease fans and to offer a slightly different Marth playstyle) now if he has seen anything about Starfox Adventures then he would easily see Krystals moveset. Plus he would have probably heard the annoyance of having the Starfox franchise littered with space animal semi-clones by now and what better way to deal with that than by adding Krystal with her staff.

So in closing: Krystal has a easily envisioned moveset, another female character is always good, she adds uniqueness to the space animal clones and she's just generally a good idea for Smash and I'd say she's quite likely. not like VERY likely but a little more than unlikely.

Plus I like that people keep comparing her staff to Palutena's. do people seriously think a second staff wielder is bad? for god sake we will probably have like 8 sword wielders I'm pretty sure we can manage 2 staffs with vastly different playstyles.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I've said it before, Krystal's Staff is more along the lines of a Bo Staff while Palutena's is a fancy septre. Even in VG loging they;re verry different. For one thing Krystal would have to use her hands rather than LOL GODESS and wave it around with her mind.

Prince17

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
Phaz#755
NNID
Legendlar
3DS FC
3840-7049-1098
Krystal could be the only telepath in the game who is playable.. Unless Mewtwo is telepathic (I don't know for sure) and that would be assuming he is playable as well. That would be a really cool trailer idea though; Krystal vs. Mewtwo.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
True but still want to be giving too much into the hype. Next thing you know Wolf and Krystal won't be making it, talk about the ultimate let down.

I feel Star Fox deserves 4 Reps at this point in their franchise. All 4 could be different and offer new something new but unfortunately Melee & Brawl hindered that idea. I'd kill for Panther and Andross as well but that's too obscure for now. Let's hope that Star Fox U continues breathing life into a franchise that deserves it.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
The nex Starfox stage is pretty good-looking. But...is it just yet another version of the Greatfox ? They're not being very inventive (okay, it's true that I'd prefer them not to be inventive because I hated Starfox's Brawl Stage), I guess Sauria is a pipe dream.

Top Bottom