• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Things are looking mighty favorable for her, no lie. I'm liking the vibe here....we'll see.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
@ Fatmanonice Fatmanonice there are still new franchises that can be represented and many currently present franchises are missing villains that are painfully obvious and demanded inclusions. The roster has reached a healthy level of female inclusions now it needs to be balanced in other ways.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Something else that I wanted to add is that, as far as major Nintendo females are concerned, there's pretty much only two major reoccurring ones left that are not playable yet: Krystal and Dixie (some might argue Mona too). That's it and I don't think it'd be obtuse in the slightest for both of them to make it.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
You guys seem to go through some troubles supporting Krystal, so have Chibi-Robo in a Slipper to make you Happy, Calm, ect. ^-^

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
To be honest, after Brawl I thought the next two females to make it would be Dixie Kong and Krystal.

I never once thought we'd have Palutena or Rosalina or Wii Fit Trainer (or two FE characters from the newest game pre-SSB4). It felt like an evidence to me, and I don't know why I felt that way, but I thought that they would be the only two new females we'd have and I was happy with that.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
That is a nice trailer idea, but Wolf is not a complete clone of Fox. He is like :4myfriends: is to :4marth:, sharing only one or two moves.

Also, why Ganondorf? I think Ganondorf would fit better in a Swordsman type reveal, typically Isaac, Takamaru, or Ghirahim.
Well aware Wolf isn't a clone but removing those specials and FS would be the blessing he truly deserves.

Meta Knight doesn't seem evil enough, plus I would want him saved for the Bandana Dee Reveal d:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
You know, unlike Zelda or Kid Icarus or Donkey Kong, there aren't a ton of candidates for a Starfox rep. So though I may not support Krystal, (And I do not expect her) I wouldn't object to her presence.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Well aware Wolf isn't a clone but removing those specials and FS would be the blessing he truly deserves.

Meta Knight doesn't seem evil enough, plus I would want him saved for the Bandana Dee Reveal d:
Agreed, that would be the blessing that Wolf deserves. I guess, Meta Knight works, I mean we are scrapping the barrel of Veterans to reveal alongside Newcomers that fit perfectly.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Dixie Kong only wears a tube top that covers half her body (based on Tropical Freeze), the rest of her is naked. :p

It could be based on a trophy, too.
I was only going with joke haha. I doubt that would be the reason. Still, I'm being as optimistic as I can! That's the fun in speculation. Sure, it's a real boner when what you've been rooting for gets the axe,but having faith in a character and expressing opinion is just fun.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Guys, Krystal may be the real topic of this thread, but there's someone who's been flying under the radar for far too long. I mean, he was part of the ORIGINAL N64 LINEUP! I think we make Smash 4 his chance to shine. Besides, Krystal will be a staff wielder, but have we ever had a glove/ bat wielder, (not Ness.) Ladies and gentlemen, I propose we merge this forum to the Krystal/ Ken Griffey Jr. Thread!! (@Tillie-152, we rise.)
image.jpg

Attachments

D

Deleted member

Guys, Krystal may be the real topic of this thread, but there's someone who's been flying under the radar for far too long. I mean, he was part of the ORIGINAL N64 LINEUP! I think we make Smash 4 his chance to shine. Besides, Krystal will be a staff wielder, but have we ever had a glove/ bat wielder, (not Ness.) Ladies and gentlemen, I propose we merge this forum to the Krystal/ Ken Griffey Jr. Thread!! (@Tillie-152, we rise.)
lol I love joking around as much as anyone else but there comes a time (Especially at this stage of Smash development) where it has to rest before it gets worn out & old.

Maybe next time I'll consider it!

D

Deleted member

*Ahem* Anyways!!!

I kind of wonder if the new Star Fox game for Wii U will have Amiibo functionality. While I'm not big into collecting figures, you bet I'll get my hands on a Star Fox set!

Last edited by a moderator:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
*Ahem* Anyways!!!

I kind of wonder if the new Star Fox game for Wii U will have Amiibo functionality. While I'm not big into collecting figures, you bet I'll get my hands on a Star Fox set!
What games do you hope the Star Fox Amiibos are compatible with?

D

Deleted member

Im sorry we went off topic
No need to be sorry, its all cool...I just don't really want to turn this into offtopic central with some mentions of Krystal.

What games do you hope the Star Fox Amiibos are compatible with?
Hmm...thats a good question. At the moment, I can't think of anything on the top of my head other than F-Zero UX (Yes, I know it doesn't exist but let me dream!)

Now you can follow the Command ending of Fox & Falco entering the G-Zero GP & going up against Captain Falcon!

Last edited by a moderator:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hmm...thats a good question. At the moment, I can't think of anything on the top of my head other than F-Zero UX!

Now you follow the ending of Fox & Falco entering the G-Zero GP & going up against Captain Falcon!
Personally, I would like some Star Fox Amiibo support for Xenoblade Chronicles X. I would love to have Wolf as my teammate in the game.

Robotic Wind

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grey Walrus
I use to support krystal but my hope for her fell with her not in brawl.

But recently my support for has increased as the list of possible newcomers is shrinking.

I support Krystal now.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
I'll admit I was a Wolf fanboy in brawl but did want both included overall. Too bad they wouldn't make the jump to do so, would have saved all the hate from command.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Sorry guys, that off-topic nonsense was my doing. Anyways, I lost hope for her a few months back when Gematsu became prominent. It just seemed like all of the odds were agaonst her. Now I feel the opposite.

I also question why people are so certain that she wouldn't be in. I remember hearing statements that Krystal gets used for the concept of Rosalina, and look how that turned out.

Luminario

Smash Lord
Why is it insane? There's currently 13 females with 5 being gender swaps of avatar characters. That brings it down to 9 with only 4 being new additions in this game. Meanwhile, there's currently 30 males, including the 5 avatar characters with males as their default and the Male Wii Fit Trainer. Counting default characters, that's 29 to 9, meaning that there are more than three times as many male characters as there are female characters. Is a mere third of the roster consisting of females, who in reality make up more than half the human race, really that bad of a thing? To put this further in perspective, the remaining 11 veterans from Brawl that have a decent shot at coming back are all classified as males, pushing it up to 41 to 9, meaning less than a fourth of the current roster is female. I think the roster can handle one female to every four male characters, don't you?
It always annoys me when people put female and villain representation together. Sexism in gaming is a very real thing and needs to be addressed before something superficial as playing as the bad guys (which is why I'm hyped for Hyrule Warriors, seriously they have 8 girls and only 2 guys so far and it's such a breath of fresh air). Sakurai needs to give us more women in Smash and with characters like Krystal, Lip and Dixie you can't go wrong.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Can someone explain to me how Krystal's chances seem to have improved?
We were shown a Starfox stage; albeit with a big 'finally,' it was bound to happen sooner or later, and shows no clear indication of being anything special in anyway whatsoevever, or relevant to Krystal.

I'm all in support of her, but, how does this boast well for her? The nearness of SDCC makes me think it boasts well for anyone NOT in starfox, given Sakurai's MO

D

Deleted member

I also question why people are so certain that she wouldn't be in. I remember hearing statements that Krystal gets used for the concept of Rosalina, and look how that turned out.
One reason I usually hear is that she isn't a prominent character...even though prominence doesn't always guarantee you a spot on the roster (Rosalina over Toad, Greninja over Meowth, etc.)

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
One reason I usually hear is that she isn't a prominent character...even though prominence doesn't always guarantee you a spot on the roster (Rosalina over Toad, Greninja over Meowth, etc.)
So the whole prominence argument becomes redundant from what you just said anyway. (Although, that would still bode in her favor considering that she has been a major part of the last 3 installments for her franchise.)

Last edited:

Weavel

Smash Ace
I use to support krystal but my hope for her fell with her not in brawl.

But recently my support for has increased as the list of possible newcomers is shrinking.

I support Krystal now.
Remember how In one of star Fox's com calls in brawl krystal makes the assertion that she would be the only one capable of going out there fighting when slippy was arguing with peppy? And how a trophy in melee talking about pits possible future inclusion? C'mon people I think we have a really good chance here. Not to mention why would they turn down a staff wielded? Some crazy potential for some combos there.

D

Deleted member

Remember how In one of star Fox's com calls in brawl krystal makes the assertion that she would be the only one capable of going out there fighting when slippy was arguing with peppy? And how a trophy in melee talking about pits possible future inclusion? C'mon people I think we have a really good chance here. Not to mention why would they turn down a staff wielded? Some crazy potential for some combos there.
We can't really take it as a hint though unfortunately as Slippy & Peppy also said they wanted to join in before Krystal spoke

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
We can't really take it as a hint though unfortunately as Slippy & Peppy also said they wanted to join in before Krystal spoke
Krystal has more reasoning thanks to the trophy which even talked about her combat ability. My opinion though. Take it as you will In this society the last word speaks the loudest.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
No vague hints/jokes in easter eggs/trophies are going to actually do anything for/against her inclusion.

If she gets in, I believe it'll be for a plethora of reasons that individually don't mean much, but together were just enough to justify her being playable over other choices.

NewGuy79

Smash Journeyman
so mind If I joined your Krystal brigade, been a long time fan of the Star fox series but I've always been disappointed with the lake of creativity used with the characters in smash. If any thing else I want Krystal in for the fact that making her a clone would be kinda hard to justify.

( also I tried getting a ride on the Ridley train but then I soon realized that it was way to intense for me ;_; )

Last edited:

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
so mind If I joined your Krystal brigade, been a long time fan of the Star fox series but I've always been disappointed with the lake of creativity used with the characters in smash. If any thing else I want Krystal in for the fact that making her a clone would be kinda hard to justify.

( also I tried getting a ride on the Ridley train but then I soon realized that it was way to intense for me ;_;)
Welcome to the Cerinians!! (We agreed on this right?)

Top Bottom