• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Shadow312

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadzcat
As to why nothing starfox has been shown other than yesterday, it it at all possible starfox was one of the last things they developed?

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
As to why nothing starfox has been shown other than yestetcay, it it at all possible starfox was one of the last things they developed?
No, these stages have been completed for months at this point. They're just biding their time to release stages of different franchises, that's all.

Weavel

Smash Ace
By what logic is what you said about Krystal still on the table? Popularity polls that were barely signed from 5 years ago, about a franchise that hasn't had a game in 8 years? I think you're letting your want to see the character in the game cloud your view at her actual chances. Shulk doesn't pertain to this argument, he's representing his own series, where as Krystal would be a FOURTH representative. I think you were referring to Chrom, and said Shulk by accident. In that case, I'll tell you chrom will probably never be playable in a smash bros either. FE lords are different nearly every game, in another 6 years we'll probably have 2 more FE games, with 2 new Lords who will have priority over Chrom. Pit got in because Sakurai chooses classic characters, again a different case than Krystal. And codecs in Brawl just means that Sakurai knows about the character. Sakurai knows about tons and tons of characters. He knew about Villager, Mii's, and Ridley before brawl, and none of them were playable.

Give me some sort of logic or evidence as to why you think Krystal will be playable, and we can argue. All I'm getting from you so far is a lot of patterns that don't relate, and a codec from 6 years ago.
Dude cmon, I said the pit trophy info that hinted at a possible inclusion, "Will pit ever fight again"? and now we had krystal with her codec. and if I am wrong then there truly is no way to foresee a possible characters inclusion giving hints from past games.

Also I like Star fox but I'm not letting it cloud my mind, I honestly believe this is very strong reason to believe she could be in the game based on this since only 1 character ever insinuated a possible appearance(Pit) and he came with the games sequel. Not to mention krystal was completely right on her being more fit in a close quarters combat brawl then slippy or peppy.

Also I don't think deserving is much of a factor here, they seem to be going a lot for uniqueness or recent characters. we all know how old the boxer is.

And yes, I don't have solid evidence but good reason to believe, If i am wrong on this then there is truly no indications from past games for characters going into sequels, I would gladly relent when I am showed for a fact wrong.

Last edited:

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Because the likelihood is, character reveals would be spaced out more for one franchise. Kirby had three playable reps in Brawl, two right from the start of development and Dedede was either the second or third new newcomer announced. Falco was one of the first known secret characters in Brawl and played a major role in the SSE, Wolf was one of the last characters added to the game (if not THE last) barring Sonic, and he was also one of the last characters unlocked, too.

A DK newcomer seems extremely likely at this point in time, and Diddy Kong was revealed very early on, way back in August. In Brawl, Diddy was one of the last starting newcomers announced and there was no other DK characters in the game.

Pit was one of the first confirmed characters for this game, and Palutena was announced this past E3, a year later. Lucario and Luigi were both announced very early on, despite both being secret characters in past games. Lucario is especially notable, as he was the second confirmed Pokemon character. We later got a dual reveal of Charizard and Greninja.

Frankly, if Krystal was in the game, I think either she would've been announced months ago, or Falco/Wolf would have. The fact that we're this late in development, this close to release, and we only have ONE Star Fox rep does NOT bode well for Krystal at all.

Maybe someone will try and argue "but Ike was only announced right before E3," but then I'll have to remind you that Marth (previously always an unlockable character) was announced last Fall, and six months later Ike was announced. Its been over a year since Fox was shown off at E3, and there's been no signs of a second Star Fox rep at all.

If we've had any additional Star Fox character announcements, I could buy the notion of a Star Fox newcomer in this game. I'd absolutely love to see Krystal, I think she'd work well (although I, again, think there's a lot of other characters who probably will, and should, get in before her), I really just don't see it happening and nothing hints at her at all.
I don't think not having any SF vets announced proves anything for her chances. We've always has SF reps kept a secret in development in past installments of Smash Bros. I really don't see how not having any vets announced hurts Krystal's chances. They could've been leaving them for you to find in the game, just like Falco and Wolf.

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
Oh man after reading these I still see nothing but opinions.
1st. Sakurai Decides how his trailers and roster will work. No patterns the guy is a huge troll who loves to surprise the audience.
2nd. Krystal fits the category of what Sakurai said he is looking for in a character. If there is the chance of adding a possibly unique character I'm sure sakurai will not look and say "aww man they already got 3 characters :/." and just go on his merry way.
3rd. Krystal was popular after Brawl's release which hopefully went noted.
4th. None of us can predict sakurai.
5th. Time is money.
6th. The likely hood of krystal isn't low as you make it seem.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Dude cmon, I said the pit trophy info that hinted at a possible inclusion, "Will pit ever fight again"? and now we had krystal with her codec. and if I am wrong then there truly is no way to foresee a possible characters inclusion giving hints from past games.

Also I like Star fox but I'm not letting it cloud my mind, I honestly believe this is very strong reason to believe she could be in the game based on this since only 1 character ever insinuated a possible appearance(Pit) and he came with the games sequel.

Also I don't think deserving is much of a factor here, they seem to be going a lot for uniqueness or recent characters. we all know how old the boxer is.

And yes, I don't have solid evidence but good reason to believe, If i am wrong on this then there is truly no indications from past games for characters going into sequels, I would gladly relent when I am showed for a fact wrong.
Look, I'm not arguing that Sakurai doesn't know who Krystal is. And I can't prove you wrong, as you've said, we'll only know for sure when the game comes out.

I'm saying that there will not be 4 star fox characters playable. I'm saying Falco will not be cut. I'm saying that if Wolf is cut (which I doubt) , he won't be replaced with Krystal. Sure, in the codec, Krystal says she is more capable of joining the fight than Peppy or Slippy. But at the same time, she didn't get into Brawl, Wolf did.

And yes, Sakurai goes for unique and recent characters. On top of that, he also brings in classic characters.

Krystal is not a recent character, nor is she a classic character. You can't compare her to little mac because he was brought in to represent his own classic series, like Pit, and the Ice Climbers, ect.

I hope I'm wrong, Krystal would definitely be interesting and unique. But I just don't see it happening.

Weavel

Smash Ace
Oh man after reading these I still see nothing but opinions.
1st. Sakurai Decides how his trailers and roster will work. No patterns the guy is a huge troll who loves to surprise the audience.
2nd. Krystal fits the category of what Sakurai said he is looking for in a character. If there is the chance of adding a possibly unique character I'm sure sakurai will not look and say "aww man they already got 3 characters :/." and just go on his merry way.
3rd. Krystal was popular after Brawl's release which hopefully went noted.
4th. None of us can predict sakurai.
5th. Time is money.
Do you think you can post a link to what sakurai was looking for in a character? I recall such a topic but its been to long now. I'd understand if its to much of a pain for you know given the time gap.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Okay, SF isn't big enough for 4? Earthbound wasn't big enough for 2! It shouldn't matter how big a franchise is, as long as they can bring a new character that can play well, which is what Krystal would do.

Luminario

Smash Lord
You people talk about patterns and codecs and too many reps when the only thing that matters is if Sakurai wants to put the character in Smash he probably will. I'd give you reasons for Krystal inclusion again but ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox did it for me.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Okay, SF isn't big enough for 4? Earthbound wasn't big enough for 2! It shouldn't matter how big a franchise is, as long as they can bring a new character that can play well, which is what Krystal would do.
It doesn't matter how important a franchise is? Ok, then we should bring in 12 Mario characters, because there are so many unique ones. King boo could float, Petey Piranha was a boss, so he's a shoo in, Wriggler could be super interesting, Toad and Shy Guy would be awesome, ect.

See how bad an argument that is?

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I'm confused why there are so many negative nancy's here. I can't stand Dark Pit, but I don't go to his support thread to bash him and all his supporters.

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
Sooooooo I just found out last night that Sakurai was considering making a Star Fox game instead of Kid Icarus: Uprising, if that's the case wouldn't that mean he's obviously a fan of the series and there's room for more content like characters?

http://techland.time.com/2010/06/28...kes-kid-icarus-fly-again-on-the-nintendo-3ds/
Did you think of any other Nintendo characters besides Pit when you’re thinking about who you would like to make a game of?

Yes, there actually was one other and that was Star Fox. But the problem with Star Fox was that—and you’ll see this when you see the trailer for Kid Icarus––is that the game design incorporates a lot of different views. For example, flying and shooting sideways or turning around and shooting behind and I felt that there were some restrictions with Star Fox in this regard. With Pit, there is a certain amount of flexibility that is allowed and makes a better fit for this gameplay.

Weavel

Smash Ace
Look, I'm not arguing that Sakurai doesn't know who Krystal is. And I can't prove you wrong, as you've said, we'll only know for sure when the game comes out.

I'm saying that there will not be 4 star fox characters playable. I'm saying Falco will not be cut. I'm saying that if Wolf is cut (which I doubt) , he won't be replaced with Krystal. Sure, in the codec, Krystal says she is more capable of joining the fight than Peppy or Slippy. But at the same time, she didn't get into Brawl, Wolf did.

And yes, Sakurai goes for unique and recent characters. On top of that, he also brings in classic characters.

Krystal is not a recent character, nor is she a classic character. You can't compare her to little mac because he was brought in to represent his own classic series, like Pit, and the Ice Climbers, ect.

I hope I'm wrong, Krystal would definitely be interesting and unique. But I just don't see it happening.
But Krystal is a unique character as she uses a staff which could add unique gameplay aspects, and we don't even know if falco or even wolf for that matter is staying, and yeah wolf got into brawl, let me just remind you for the 9682385720966th time about krystals codec and various other repeats of my last posts. I still have on my side a possible indicator.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Guys you're putting to much focus onto the Starfox Assault stage and how many Arwings there are when you should step back and look at the bigger picture.
As we all know by now Sakurai has to easily envision a moveset for a certain character for them to have a more likely inclusion to Smash Bros (which is why we got Robin over Chrom, Lucina was added in as a freebie to appease fans and to offer a slightly different Marth playstyle) now if he has seen anything about Starfox Adventures then he would easily see Krystals moveset. Plus he would have probably heard the annoyance of having the Starfox franchise littered with space animal semi-clones by now and what better way to deal with that than by adding Krystal with her staff.

So in closing: Krystal has a easily envisioned moveset, another female character is always good, she adds uniqueness to the space animal clones and she's just generally a good idea for Smash and I'd say she's quite likely. not like VERY likely but a little more than unlikely.

Plus I like that people keep comparing her staff to Palutena's. do people seriously think a second staff wielder is bad? for god sake we will probably have like 8 sword wielders I'm pretty sure we can manage 2 staffs with vastly different playstyles.
Indeed

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I'm confused why there are so many negative nancy's here. I can't stand Dark Pit, but I don't go to his support thread to bash him and all his supporters.
Oops thought I was somewhere else lol.

This is the Krystal discussion thread. Not the Krystal is definitely a playable character thread and if you think otherwise leave.

I'm not trying to be a negative nancy, I think Krystal would be an awesome character. I'm just curious why some people think she's sure to be in. Tha'ts very different from my opinion, and I was hoping to be convinced otherwise. In order to do that, I have to give my own, less hopeful opinion.

So far, I have not been very convinced.

But Krystal is a unique character as she uses a staff which could add unique gameplay aspects, and we don't even know if falco or even wolf for that matter is staying, and yeah wolf got into brawl, let me just remind you for the 9682385720966th time about krystals codec and various other repeats of my last posts. I still have on my side a possible indicator.
First off - Falco is definitely returning. I don't have proof, but I promise you it's true.
Wolf, I can't be sure. I don't think he'll be cut, but he has only been in one game, and his series is fairly over repped right now.

You can remind me of Krystals codec a billion times, it wouldn't change the fact that her saying she can fight does not mean she is playable. It's definitely a shred of evidence, sure, but it's not enough for me.

As for her being unique with a staff - that's cool and all, but it doesn't help her out for being considered. Captain Falcon literally never gets out of his car in his games. He has a unique and awesome moveset, completely made up for Smash. Any character can be made unique - that's Sakurai's job. Having things from a game that make it easy is nice, sure. But it doesn't count toward her being playable.

Last edited:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW

This is the Krystal discussion thread. Not the Krystal is definitely a playable character thread and if you think otherwise leave.

I'm not trying to be a negative nancy, I think Krystal would be an awesome character. I'm just curious why some people think she's sure to be in. Tha'ts very different from my opinion, and I was hoping to be convinced otherwise. In order to do that, I have to give my own, less hopeful opinion.

She's not; but she's not a shoo-out either.

Weavel

Smash Ace

There is no assurances I'm afraid, but I'd like to think I posted a good argument about her possible inclusion.

There really is nothing going on with any of the unannounced characters but hope, but like I said before I believe I have a strong indicator.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
She's not; but she's not a shoo-out either.
Ok, why?

I consider her a shoo-out because

Falco is very unlikely to be cut, being a vet from Melee.
Wolf is unlikely to be cut, as we have a Sakurai quote saying he likes the character. Plus, he was barely a clone. He was more a luigi to mario than anything else.

And I don't think the series is big enough to get a fourth character, the most recent game came out in 2006 - 8 years ago.

I would love to hear a convincing counter argument. I'm not here to step on people's toes, just talk krystal.

There is no assurances I'm afraid, but I'd like to think I posted a good argument about her possible inclusion.

There really is nothing going on with any of the unannounced characters but hope, but like I said before I believe I have a strong indicator.
I would consider it a slight indicator, but to me it's not strong enough to either

A) Replace Wolf or Falco with Krystal - after all, they both got just as much talk in the codecs, if not more.

B) Add a fourth StarFox character - there hasn't been a new game in 8 years.

I guess we'll see.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm not bashing Krystal supporters. Fact is, I SUPPORT KRYSTAL! I just don't think she'll be playable at this point. That's all.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Ok, why?

I consider her a shoo-out because

Falco is very unlikely to be cut, being a vet from Melee.
Wolf is unlikely to be cut, as we have a Sakurai quote saying he likes the character. Plus, he was barely a clone. He was more a luigi to mario than anything else.

And I don't think the series is big enough to get a fourth character, the most recent game came out in 2006 - 8 years ago.

I would love to hear a convincing counter argument. I'm not here to step on people's toes, just talk krystal.
If we're going by what series's are "big" enough to get more reps, why doesn't Donkey Kong have four by now? Why does Kid Icarus get two even though it's only had three games and it's already dead again with no plans on a sequel anytime soon? Also, Star Fox sells more as a series than Fire Emblem does and that has four reps, two of which are from the same game.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If we're going by what series's are "big" enough to get more reps, why doesn't Donkey Kong have four by now? Why does Kid Icarus get two even though it's only had three games and it's already dead again with no plans on a sequel anytime soon? Also, Star Fox sells more as a series than Fire Emblem does and that has four reps, two of which are from the same game.
Actually, DK quite likely WILL get four in this game. The main reason Star Fox has three to date is because they were able to make easy clones out of Fox, and Wolf likely wasn't too difficult to model and design since he's similar in appearance to Fox, and both barely made it into Melee and Brawl, respectively.

The fact is that the DK characters have always acted outside of ships like the Star Fox characters, so they can't be made into "easy clones" like the Star Fox characters can.

Weavel

Smash Ace
And its not like they haven't been making more star fox games because of sales, its because he wanted to do new things with it ect, like how a previous person brought up how the flight portions of kid icarus up rising was originally for a new star fox but thought the gameplay wasn't a fit for it so it got into kid icarus instead.

Edit: Going to sleep, worked a night shift will debate more later.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I agree with your KI argument, for sure. I don't think it deserves two reps. But Sakurai did make that game, it's no surprise he likes characters from it. I would argue KI has two because of Sakurai's bias.

DK will probably get a third character this game, most people expect it. There was a drought of DK games for a while leading up to brawl, but the DKC series revived, so it's popular again. I could even see them getting a 4'th character if they pull a Robin/Lucina thing with K.rool and dixie, with dixie being a diddy clone. But that's not super likely, just imo, probably only either a unique Dixie or K. Rool playable.

As for FE, they only had 3 planned reps for the roster. Lucina became separate later in development, when she was deemed slightly too different for an alternate costume. Sakurai literally said she snuck her way onto the roster. It's all in the translated Famitsu interview. FE definitely deserved a third rep from Awakening, though, the best selling game in the franchise so far, starting to hit really high sales.

Any more examples?
And its not like they haven't been making more star fox games because of sales, its because he wanted to do new things with it ect, like how a previous person brought up how the flight portions of kid icarus up rising was originally for a new star fox but thought the gameplay wasn't a fit for it so it got into kid icarus instead.
While this is true, they stil haven't been making new games. That's a huge, important point. With no new games there are no sales, which hurts chances for new reps.

Last edited:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Actually, DK quite likely WILL get four in this game. The main reason Star Fox has three to date is because they were able to make easy clones out of Fox, and Wolf likely wasn't too difficult to model and design since he's similar in appearance to Fox, and both barely made it into Melee and Brawl, respectively.

The fact is that the DK characters have always acted outside of ships like the Star Fox characters, so they can't be made into "easy clones" like the Star Fox characters can.
I don't think Donkey Kong is going to get four this time around even if it should. Hopefully three, though.

I agree with your KI argument, for sure. I don't think it deserves two reps. But Sakurai did make that game, it's no surprise he likes characters from it. I would argue KI has two because of Sakurai's bias.

DK will probably get a third character this game, most people expect it. There was a drought of DK games for a while leading up to brawl, but the DKC series revived, so it's popular again. I could even see them getting a 4'th character if they pull a Robin/Lucina thing with K.rool and dixie, with dixie being a diddy clone. But that's not super likely, just imo, probably only either a unique Dixie or K. Rool playable.

As for FE, they only had 3 planned reps for the roster. Lucina became separate later in development, when she was deemed slightly too different for an alternate costume. Sakurai literally said she snuck her way onto the roster. It's all in the translated Famitsu interview. FE definitely deserved a third rep from Awakening, though, the best selling game in the franchise so far, starting to hit really high sales.

Any more examples?
well to be honest I don't really expect Krystal to be added either, but you haven't really convinced me she has no chance... which I'm guessing isn't your aim. I mean I don't see why it can't be treated the same way where Wolf is basically Ike, Falco is basically Lucina, and Krystal is the actual legit newcomer like Robin.

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Your right, and here's what I'd say to all the Krystal haters
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTWCQTkv0VA

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
well to be honest I don't really expect Krystal to be added either, but you haven't really convinced me she has no chance... which I'm guessing isn't your aim. I mean I don't see why it can't be treated the same way where Wolf is basically Ike, Falco is basically Lucina, and Krystal is the actual legit newcomer like Robin.
Well, you're right that it isn't my aim. I still have some hope for Krystal, but that's mainly in the form of you can never predict Sakurai.

Falco in brawl was a lot more different from Fox than in melee, no longer able to be treated as a clone. I'll agree that both Falco and Wolf are like Ike/Marth or Luigi/Mario characters, though. I do hope you end up right, I like Krystal more than a lot of other characters that seem to have good chances this time around, having actually played a game with her. I'm just a bit pessimistic about it at this point.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Well, you're right that it isn't my aim. I still have some hope for Krystal, but that's mainly in the form of you can never predict Sakurai.

Falco in brawl was a lot more different from Fox than in melee, no longer able to be treated as a clone. I'll agree that both Falco and Wolf are like Ike/Marth or Luigi/Mario characters, though. I do hope you end up right, I like Krystal more than a lot of other characters that seem to have good chances this time around, having actually played a game with her. I'm just a bit pessimistic about it at this point.
I wouldn't be terribly heartbroken about her not being in the game as long as Falco and Wolf come back, I just kinda figure what they hey at this point. With the last newcomers likely being Shulk and the Chorus Men, I just like to hold a little hope maybe they're will be someone I actually think is interesting and not a waste of space.

Though at any rate, people shouldn't be so rude to you about your opinion.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I wouldn't be terribly heartbroken about her not being in the game as long as Falco and Wolf come back, I just kinda figure what they hey at this point. With the last newcomers likely being Shulk and the Chorus Men, I just like to hold a little hope maybe they're will be someone I actually think is interesting and not a waste of space.

I don't think we're getting Chorus Men at all, the only thing even remotely hinting at them was Gematsu, which is dead. An RH rep? Yes, that's possible, but there's far more recurring and important characters than Chorus Men.

Either way, there's a long list ahead of Krystal. I'd certainly like Krystal over an RH rep...

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

Oh, don't worry about that last part, haha. I'm at the Ridley thread a lot, and a lot of the supporters there are super overzealous about their opinions towards people who aren't convinced that Ridley is playable. This thread has been quite polite in comparison.

But I think I pretty much agree with most of what you're saying at this point.

Last edited:

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
It doesn't matter how important a franchise is? Ok, then we should bring in 12 Mario characters, because there are so many unique ones. King boo could float, Petey Piranha was a boss, so he's a shoo in, Wriggler could be super interesting, Toad and Shy Guy would be awesome, ect.

See how bad an argument that is?
If it works, it works. Of course there will always be a natural balance if characters while Sakurai's around, but smaller franchises shouldn't be degraded for being small. If their MAIN characters can bring something interesting, then let it happen.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
If it works, it works. Of course there will always be a natural balance if characters while Sakurai's around, but smaller franchises shouldn't be degraded for being small. If their MAIN characters can bring something interesting, then let it happen.
Smaller franchises should be degraded for being small. I don't want 4 Kid Icarus, Fzero, Ice Climber, and Punch Out characters. I don't care that there are a lot of characters from Kid Icarus that could be unique, or that there are like 50 pilots in Fzero. They are small franchises and don't get as much rep in smash as big ones like Zelda, Mario, and Pokemon.

Money makes the world go 'round, and sales help decide which franchises get what in smash.

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
Smaller franchises should be degraded for being small. I don't want 4 Kid Icarus, Fzero, Ice Climber, and Punch Out characters. I don't care that there are a lot of characters from Kid Icarus that could be unique, or that there are like 50 pilots in Fzero. They are small franchises and don't get as much rep in smash as big ones like Zelda, Mario, and Pokemon.

Money makes the world go 'round, and sales help decide which franchises get what in smash.
You may not but some people do and Sakurai takes that into consideration. Like I said what those characters bring to the table is what he looks at.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
You may not but some people do and Sakurai takes that into consideration. Like I said what those characters bring to the table is what he looks at.
But I've already had this discussion with @ GunGunW GunGunW , and I demonstrated that Sakurai also, within bounds, represents series based off of sales. This has been the case in every smash game so far. We already have more characters revealed for Sm4sh 4 than were in Brawl total, and we're still in line with that theory.

It's not only where he looks at, no, but it's definitely where he starts.

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
YO Guys I'm finally back! I just got back from the Lylat system after wonder why it has been taking soooo long for Wolf and Falco to be confirmed as playable characters in the new smash.

You see, after the events of Super Smash Bros. Brawl Falco decided to take his new Landmaster he borrowed from the docking bay for a spin on Titania when he knocked over a porta potty!!! How'd a porta potty end up on Titania?! ... I don't even know! Anyways, Fox was not happy about the mess and you can bet the guy in the porta potty was not happy either. After that, Fox took away Falco's keys to the Landmaster . I suppose Falco should have just stuck to the Arwing...

Wolf on the other hand was not able to register his red Landmaster as his final smash at the SSB4 tryouts since he has no insurance on his stolen vehicle. Painting the Landmaster red was not good enough to get it through this time.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
I would have liked to have seen the argument that because Oregon Trail is a larger franchise than Star Fox, they should add more family members before they die of dysentary.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337

But the thing is, Star Fox isn't a small franchise at all. It's actually decently sized and has had much more notoriety than the likes of KI and Fire Emblem. You say money makes the world go around, which is true. With that statement, then Star Fox made enough to give it a fourth character.

Millions of copies sold and one of the most know Nintendo franchises, that's why we were even able to get two more members of the franchise in the past 2 games anyway. And even if they are clones, Sakurai wouldn't put them in if he didn't believe that Star Fox was big enough to have them in the first place.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
But the thing is, Star Fox isn't a small franchise at all. It's actually decently sized and has had much more notoriety than the likes of KI and Fire Emblem. You say money makes the world go around, which is true. With that statement, then Star Fox made enough to give it a fourth character.
You're twisting my logic. Star Fox games make a lot of money, sure. However, there's been so few of them that the franchise as a whole isn't big. On top of that, it's been 8 years since we've seen one, so it hasn't made any money lately at all.

So no, Star Fox has not made enough to give it a fourth character, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Top Bottom