• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Game Companies don't want to build their brand on Nintendo systems. To them, it has to succeed before it even comes out, and if it doesn't, they drop it like a bad habit. It's bad business, and sets unrealistic expectations. They'd rather take their current audiences for granted and milk them to death then put in effort.

MGS3D was a lack of effort. It was a sloppy port that came out months after a superior version hit the market at a much better value.

brawlerdude

Smash Rookie
While you guys are being all somber, I'll just be over here celebrating. Wooooooooooooooooooo!

Yeah, I never cared much for the ice climbers. Sorry guys.
I never loved the Ice Climbers, but it seems weird for a Nintendo character who is the sole representative of their series to be cut. Especially after being in the past 2 games.

gamer8

Smash Lord
We are approaching the 10 day countdown. We're nearly in the single digits. I'm telling you right now this weekend is going to be excruciating if we don't get anything big to talk about.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Enjoy the POTD. Big deconfirmation incoming.
Alright then sir, I've calculated your odds out at 1/394. Not the best in the world sir but I have indeed seen worse.

Place your bets! Place them now! Disconfirmation tonight going at 1/394. Are ya feelin lucky?

Last edited:

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman
Nah, we're fine. Just don't mind the guy. No reason to flip our crap just because someone's made a baseless remark.

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman

If you notice the trophies the Wario one mentions him as a smash character. The others don't so it is safe to assume Krystal was deconfirmed which is sad. Also the game play footage looks pretty good. Much better than the E3 build.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord

If you notice the trophies the Wario one mentions him as a smash character. The others don't so it is safe to assume Krystal was deconfirmed which is sad. Also the game play footage looks pretty good. Much better than the E3 build.
... what? Shulk's model looks horrible and the character textures are so low res. This is obviously an old build.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
sorry i didnt specify, i meant some people still are in denial of the absolutly positivley real leak
I'm not so sure people are in denial of the leak so much as they're in denial of aspects of it. I think at this point, a majority of people believe the leak to be true. There's too much evidence to say that it's not legitimate. I think the issue people have specifically is with the CSS and how it relates to All-Star Mode. While the POTD may have confirmed in many people's eyes the idea that the CSS isn't finalized, a lot of individuals are holding onto the idea that the All-Star mode shown in the leak was taken at a different point in time or from a different copy of the game.

Thanks for explaining that. Yet, what then keeps things such as your Wario scenario from happening? That seems like a pretty big issue you bring up- that characters being unlocked along the way may push out characters from one row to the next.
Well, the idea with that mechanic is that the roster is bound to look a little goofy until the final incarnation is in place. Also, while in theory you could possibly unlock the characters in any random order, there's still some characters that require more difficult tasks to unlock them, which makes it inevitable that you'll unlock certain other characters before them along the way. Essentially, there's still a loose order in which characters are unlocked which should help sort everything out in the end.

Zango

Smash Apprentice
Technically any POTD deconfirms something.

"Aw man, KI:U style difficulty scale? Guess that deconfirms my Chao graden theory..."

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Well, the idea with that mechanic is that the roster is bound to look a little goofy until the final incarnation is in place. Also, while in theory you could possibly unlock the characters in any random order, there's still some characters that require more difficult tasks to unlock them, which makes it inevitable that you'll unlock certain other characters before them along the way. Essentially, there's still a loose order in which characters are unlocked which should help sort everything out in the end.
That sounds like an admission that it could still be setup quite a bit differently after a few more characters are revealed. I don't understand the compromise of 'It will look strange and out of place while characters are being unlocked' yet 'it looks completely fine with the revealed leak and could not be pushed out of the way ever so slightly more.'

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
My Dad is Nintendo and he can confirm that his Uncle is also Nintendo so I can confirm that he could confirm that Ridley is this year's new flavor of Lay's Potato Chip.
...I don't really see what there is to accomplish by that sentence.
Humour, perhaps? It honestly seems like the punch-line to a bad joke.
I was simply being inquisitive. There's no need for the sadistic post.

Last edited:

Chihiro Fujisaki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KnightOfSpace
dont worry its very simple to understand. after september 13th you can see ridley flavor lays potato chips and buy them at your local supermarket

Zango

Smash Apprentice
I don't see what there is to accomplish from your two sentences.

It seems like a confused follow-up question to a bad joke about a punch-line without a punch-out that's oddly lacking Bic Macs and referee Mario's; but hey, we're all pretty low on kangaroo's anyways, so who cares?

dont worry its very simple to understand. after september 13th you can see ridley flavor lays potato chips and buy them at your local supermarket
Actually, they're re-doing that promo they did last year where they debuted 3 different flavors and had people vote on them to see which one sticks. This year's nominees are Roidly Ridley, Spicy Snake, and Banana Orange. However, because my mom's cat is Lay's, I can rig the vote so that Ridley wins, even though Banaa Orange is admittedly a better flavor.

Last edited:

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
I mean my one video got shulk and bowser jr right. Focused on Ridley tho. Not saying I know officially but maybe I put in joke characters to hide the real answers. Again I can confirm Ridley is in.
Bets! Place your bets! We got disconfirmation at 1/394, Ridley at 1/267, and a combined chance of seeing both tonight at 1/661! Who's feeling like they've got a good sense of their fate?

Last edited:

SANCHOCO

Smash Apprentice
I've never particularly enjoyed them either, but I've never plotted their demise from some doom fortress in New Jersey.
In some doom fortress in New Jersey: MUAHAHAHAH YESSS!!! umm..oh yeah.....same here.....:awesome:

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
That sounds like an admission that it could still be setup quite a bit differently after a few more characters are revealed. I don't understand the compromise of 'It will look strange and out of place while characters are being unlocked' yet 'it looks completely fine with the revealed leak and could not be pushed out of the way ever so slightly more.'
Oh, well I never said anything about the screen in the revealed leak itself. I still think it looks a little strange to be honest. I was just trying to answer your question about the mechanic used in Brawl and how at different moments in time the character select screen looked out of order while different characters were being unlocked.

AGES

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snicks
Its actually a fake leak.

My mom works at sakurai and she hinted to me that its possible that instead of ridley, Kraid is the new Lays flavor, and that the chorus climbers will be the new flavor next year :colorful:

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman
He was mocking the people who say stuff like, "I know Ridley's in because my friend of a friend works at Nintendo." It eventually led to "my dad works at Nintendo" to "my dad is Sakurai's wife" to "my dad is Nintendo".

Also, I know that Ridley's in as well, in some form or another. We all know that ._.

RedHot's been a part of the conversation here since before the leak was confirmed real. Unless he's gotten some sort of insider information between then and now (which is unlikely), he knows just as much as we do.

I know we all wanna get juiced up on some more leaks, but c'mon guys :P

Rakath

Smash Ace
There's a slight chance, that franchises and single characters slide to fit all characters into their own rows in the final build. It isn't a very strong chance, the E3 Demo had characters from the same franchise on different rows (but that is an Alpha build). There's a similar aspect to the E3 Wii-U demo. It would be using a similar coding model to the html of the Smash Bros webpage, where it reorders the tiles slightly to fit the veteran (and Lucina) tiles around the Newcomer tiles.

But right now? the ESRB roster seems fairly locked for the first four rows, there's no real evidence to support anything other than the Brawl method, which means no Ridley, no non-clone Dixie, no fitting the clones into the main roster, etc.

SANCHOCO

Smash Apprentice
Its actually a fake leak.

My mom works at sakurai and she hinted to me that its possible that instead of ridley, Kraid is the new Lays flavor, and that the chorus climbers will be the new flavor next year :colorful:
Today I learned Sakurai is a building. What's next Nintendo is a person?!

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
For these final few POTD's before the release of Sm4sh, I have one main thing to say:

MEWTWO IS NOT AMUSED BY PETTY NONBELIEVERS!
Expect Mewtwo

I have high hopes for Mewtwo. (If that isn't obvious)

If he somehow doesn't get in, not the end of the world, as I still have Sonic, but I'm barely considering that possibility at this point. :3

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom