• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSirSteven

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'm kinda chilling too. Going back and forth between writing up a dragonborn druid for Dnd, watching old episodes of TheNationalDex, and hugging a flygon plushie.

I love my weekends.

In fact, since I'm in a dragon type mood today, I'm going to predict some sort of dragon related something or other tonight.
I've been looking around 4chan, here and reddit to see if there's anything new related to the leaks but nothing so far...

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
I think it's fair to say that Ridley, K Rool, and Mewtwo will not be playable due to the "shift right" rule. That being said, I started thinking: doesn't anybody give a **** about more characters if it doesn't mean the Hype 3? I mean honestly, everybody hoping for the css not to be final seems to be holding out hope for those three. But the shift right rule says they can't be in anyway.
I will point out that rule is technically unofficial.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
I think it's fair to say that Ridley, K Rool, and Mewtwo will not be playable due to the "shift right" rule. That being said, I started thinking: doesn't anybody give a **** about more characters if it doesn't mean the Hype 3? I mean honestly, everybody hoping for the css not to be final seems to be holding out hope for those three. But the shift right rule says they can't be in anyway.
New movesets in general attract my attention. I don't give a damn about Shulk, but I'm increasingly interested in the strategies needed. I dropped Bowser Jr support way back, focusing on more deserving characters. But Sakurai made him interesting.

If I've never even heard of the character, but it looks interesting, I'll be excited.

Ridley's out, Mewtwo's maybe in. I've accepted this.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I have a source that says Mewtwo or Ridley will be announced today in either the PotD or a video that will be posted after the picture.
Don't ask where I got the info, as I can not give this source away. I just wanted to share the info with you all in case it does turn out to be true.
That is all~!

LowCarbs

Smash Cadet
I have a source that says Mewtwo or Ridley will be announced today in either the PotD or a video that will be posted after the picture.
Don't ask where I got the info, as I can not give this source away. I just wanted to share the info with you all in case it does turn out to be true.
That is all~!
Does your dad work at Nintendo?

MrSirSteven

Smash Journeyman
That is all~!
Hmmmmmm, Speed you've got me a little bit hyped up but I feel like it's nothing.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
That is all~!
See previous comments regarding placing your bets.

I won't hold my breath though (especially since it's about two hours away).

rayman33

Smash Cadet
NNID
raymondthemaster
3DS FC
0344-9399-1573
What's the shift rule?

Knife Myths

Smash Journeyman
That is all~!
Ugh.

UGH.

What a terrible post.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
That is all~!
If Ridley gets in, I'm gonna cry. They won't be tears of joy, though. But oh well, nothing to get hyped about in my case.

MrSirSteven

Smash Journeyman
See previous comments regarding placing your bets.

I won't hold my breath though (especially since it's about two hours away).
I feel a bit lazy to go back but ill say I bet that there won't be anything related in the POTD about Pokemon or Metroid. If there is well dam I was wrong.

Last edited:

rayman33

Smash Cadet
NNID
raymondthemaster
3DS FC
0344-9399-1573
Everybody's posting about Ridley and Mewtwo, and I'm just sitting here waiting for the Chorus Kids

rayman33

Smash Cadet
NNID
raymondthemaster
3DS FC
0344-9399-1573
That is all~!
If Ridley gets revealed can we rub it in Shokios face?

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I gave you the attention you were looking for, so you're welcome I suppose.
xD I think I would of preferred 0 attention from you if it was negative. </3

You gotta understand we have been pushed around by false 'leakers' before, so excuse us for being more than a bit skeptical.
Yeah, I get it..><

Last edited:

Rayhak

Smash Rookie
I'm hoping for Chorus Kids and Ice Climbers, not Ridley or K.Rool (I would not mind them), everybody has different opinions!

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman
That is all~!
Eh, you still sound more legit than the other guy. You're taking a cautious, "I heard a rumor so I'm gonna post it here in case it's true so my claim can possibly be validated" sort of stance. Even if you're completely wrong, it sounds like you have faith in whoever your source is.

I remember when someone first theorized that the Ancient Minister was ROB. When I shared that on a thread, I put it in spoilers in case it was true (even though I thought it was the dumbest thing I'd ever heard at the time) :P

Anyway, I'm going to bed. I'll see you all in the morning.

Last edited:

rayman33

Smash Cadet
NNID
raymondthemaster
3DS FC
0344-9399-1573
That is all~!
Does your source say anything about the Chorus kids...?

WooMooWooWooMoo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Quattro_Thunder
3DS FC
1934-0666-8269
If Ridley gets in, I'm gonna cry. They won't be tears of joy, though. But oh well, nothing to get hyped about in my case.
I'd rather get Sylux, tbh. I'm not feeling Ridley for Smash. I've always viewed him as a boss and nothing more.

#TeamSylux

EDIT: I'd rather get any Hunter instead of Ridley.

Last edited:

rayman33

Smash Cadet
NNID
raymondthemaster
3DS FC
0344-9399-1573
I had a source tell me that the chorus kids have a surprisingly high chance of appearing in 10 days based of some pretty substantial information, though nothing that outright confirms it.
Smash comes out in japan in ten days... coincidence? I THINK NOT

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
Thanks for explaining that. Yet, what then keeps things such as your Wario scenario from happening? That seems like a pretty big issue you bring up- that characters being unlocked along the way may push out characters from one row to the next.
The roster is designed from the beginning so that when all the characters are unlocked everything lines up in an organized roster. The devs essentially start by designing the final CSS screen. They use that roster to determine the set order of characters, and then they remove all the unlockables to make the starting roster. As the player unlocks more and more characters, they progress toward the organized roster that the devs designed.

That's why I think the perfect organization of the leaked roster indicates it is likely final. In Brawl every CSS prior to the final one is in some way disorganized due to missing characters. With SSB4, most incomplete CSS's will be more organized than Brawl's due to characters in a series being grouped horizontally instead of vertically, but there will still likely be some characters split from their series in every CSS before the final one, where everything falls into place. To be fair, there is a small chance that if a few certain characters are not unlocked that the roster could appear to be perfectly organized while still having a few characters hidden. However, there are very few ways characters could be added to the leaked roster while still making the final roster stay organized. A new Zelda character, for instance, would cause ZSS to get bumped down a row away from Samus. Since, like I said, the devs designed the final roster to keep characters together, this can't happen and thus a new Zelda rep will not happen.

The only additional characters I could come up with that don't mess up the leaked CSS are a few specific combinations of Star Fox reps, Pokemon reps, clones, and characters from so-far unrepresented franchises. For example, one new clone would not disrupt the order, since they would just pop in with the other clones and fill the second-to-last row. Similarly, if a new Pokemon rep and Star Fox rep were both added that would fill out row 4 and would bump R.O.B. and Duck Hunt down to row 5, in turn pushing the clones to row 6, thus requiring another 2 characters from unrepresented series to fill out row 5. These scenarios are so specific that I find them a little unlikely, though they aren't technically impossible.

rayman33

Smash Cadet
NNID
raymondthemaster
3DS FC
0344-9399-1573
I have a potential moveset idea for duck hunt doge. He could act like olimar where his neutral special calls in a duck to appear next to or above him, up special is the ducks carry him, the more you have the better it is. Down special could be a counter where he taunts you and ducks would attack if performed correct, and his side special could be him shooting the zapper. Feel free to leave criticism if you disagree which is bound to happen :/

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I didn't realize people were still discussing possibilities of further characters being announced. I thought the leaked version was confirmed to be an ESRB copy with everything unlocked for the purposes of rating the game? It wouldn't make any sense to unlock everything except a handful of characters.

Or maybe the ESRB thing was deconfirmed and I missed it.

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
Well, the cycle of speculation only ends when the game comes out... Let's enjoy discussing the same topics again!

And still hoping for Lucas reveal...

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
I didn't realize people were still discussing possibilities of further characters being announced. I thought the leaked version was confirmed to be an ESRB copy with everything unlocked for the purposes of rating the game? It wouldn't make any sense to unlock everything except a handful of characters.

Pretty sure it was confirmed to be just a video/photos. Leaker didn't have the choice, I don't think.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord

Everyone kinda freaked after the POTD last night. Which, let's be honest, woudn't have been nearly as interesting without the leak.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
It's the framerate. I'm pretty picky about framerates. I'm not in that 1% who can see every single framedrop or screentear, but if something drops from 60fps to 50fps for like a second I'll notice and think something's off. With MGS3D, the game is running 24-25fps most of the time, and that's just not acceptable to me, and it signifies sloppiness in the product.

It's that kind of mindset where I don't understand why people want Snake to return. Nintendo shouldn't be promoting a franchise that doesn't see itself or want itself to become significant outside of its' standard userbase. Nintendo didn't get anything out of Snake being in Brawl other than a 'thanks for promoting the next Metal Gear game which is never coming to your systems, ever.'

And I don't expect anything Metroid related because #MetroidIsDead
I'm beginning to wonder how much of Nintendo's lack of third party support is the fault of circumstance or Nintendo specifically. There are many baffling decisions other parties make regarding Nintendo, like MGS3's terrible porting, for example.

I mean, I was extremely excited about the Resident Evil: Revelations 2 rumor-- until I found out that it won't be released on Nintendo consoles. Nevermind the fact that the 3DS version outsold all other versions by a mile, or the fact that Capcom could build a mini-fanbase involving Revelations and Nintendo consoles-- much like they did with the Outbreak series on PS2. They just looked at Nintendo, said, "**** those guys," and released the sequel on everything else instead. To me, a person largely uneducated on the exact natures of business decisions like these, that sounds stupid. But maybe I'm wrong.

Or maybe Nintendo is just off-putting? Like Sega was in their Saturn era. I've read accounts of just how impossible the top brass at Sega was to work with, and how they basically imploded due to arrogance. What if Nintendo is following a similar path? What if EA's spite toward Nintendo has some merit? What if the Wii U's lack of sales is just an easy excuse used to hide behind-the-scenes issues?

I'm not sure why I typed all this up. It's just eating at me how little my favorite developers seem to consider Nintendo consoles, and your issues with MSG3 started me up. The demo for that game was just embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom