• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
To the dude that said that DHD and Dr. Mario wouldn't be playable cause he heard a story from somebody else:

Yeah, and I heard from somebody that knows somebody from NoA that says Bart Simpson, Hello Kitty, Doctor Who, Mickey Mouse, Spongebob, and Bugs Bunny would be playable, pssht, yeah right, lol XD

Last edited:

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
So appearantly Dr. Mario and Duck Hunt dog are both in the game, but aren't playable characters according to this new leak on 4chan....That actually makes sense Dr. Mario being an alt for Mario and Duck Hunt Dog being possibly an assist trophy

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/260411486
I can see it.

How nice of the leakers to soften the blow for us.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
So appearantly Dr. Mario and Duck Hunt dog are both in the game, but aren't playable characters according to this new leak on 4chan....That actually makes sense Dr. Mario being an alt for Mario and Duck Hunt Dog being possibly an assist trophy

The guys username is literally 'Friend of a leaker'. Gimme a break. :laugh:
Seriously though, pics/videos or not fully believing it.

DairunCates

Smash Journeyman
By "they", are you referring to the developers? Because if so, that was a pretty bad error that shouldn't have happened, and it has only been seen in that single CSS that they should have caught. I kindda doubt that imo, but it is possible.
Also, if you look at Pit's official model render, none of his feathers really match that white mark. I think whatever that is, it is potentially very important i this. Because, all of the character models in the CSS are based off of their renders, and it woudl be odd to have Pit in the Dark Pit Render but just cut out.
I suspect the screen we've seen is a Release Candidate screen (that's post beta, but not an actual finalized product). The footage for the ESRB would actually have to have been sent in even earlier than we had a leak, and menus are usually one of the last finishing touches put on a game in its last month along with fixing the last few bugs that can be fixed before launch. So, it's not entirely implausible that the developers could have made a mistake.

Still, it's possible it's a hint to something, but until you figure out what it is, we have no real way of knowing. It still could be part of some weapon he's holding though. I wouldn't think about it too much, though. It's likely some minor graphical error that'll get polished before launch.

Any text-only leak at this point has a 99.9% chance of being fake.
So, you're saying Jay-Z has a chance, then!

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
sounds far too good to be true, then #5 kind of discredits it all
It's pretty absurd to think he WOULD not have planned on a leak happening.

This game is clearly massively hyped. Enough to single handedly win E3 for Nintendo; to have an entire website devoted to it for daily updates; to have multiple forums online with thousands of users!
This is the age of the internet, and Sakurai is well aware of it. He has left us clues to let us know he is aware of what goes on. He told us at the beginning of this genius marketing strategy a few years back, that he did not like how SSE was spoiled by the internet. He has been shown to be trolling the internet when it comes to certain references, or information, with members on his team even appearing, in the past, on this very website!

I believe anyone who thinks Sakurai would not have been aware of the likelihood of leak (or someone selling the game early, or anything else) must be calling Sakurai a complete imbecile. Even six years ago, BRAWL.

He has even been revealing images in tandem with the leak! If that is not enough to show us he is aware of it, then I don't know what is. Yet, why? My big theory is that he is warming us up to think that the leak is all there is. Then, to surprise us, as he loves to do, with something not on the leak (perhaps he even started the leak himself, though perhaps not).
We have had a quite lackluster month, and with it being the month of release, after so much time and meticulous effort put in to every single detail of each reveal, it is particularly strange to have not had much given this month.
Strange indeed. What a nonchalant month we have had. Yet, why?

It is evident that Sakurai likely never had the entire roster available on the cartridge, because a leak was bound to happen, perhaps even at his own hands, or even if not, that, as everyone would not be getting the game at the same time, particularly with the Wii U version releasing later, that it would not be possible to surprise consumers with characters. Not if they were on the easily hackable cartridge. There is too much at stake here, when it comes to video games. Incomparable in the way it relates to surprises. If he hopes to do that, which we all have seen, there is no way he would put it all on the disc, because there was zero, ZERO, chance that it would not be spoiled ahead of time.

Last edited:

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
This has gone full stupid.

So now somebody is trying to say that they knew this would be leaked, so they just threw a couple randoms on the character select screen? Not buying it.

MM3K

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM3000
3DS FC
3308-4705-1012
I'm not believing anything without video evidence from this last confirmed leak on.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I know a guy who doesn't know a guy but a girl who's friends' fiancee' is a cousin of a reporter who acts on intuition who factchecks' peoples credit reports who knows a guy who knows an anteater who knows a tree that says Ridley is playable.

In all seriousness, given that there's a Smash thing at PAX for journalists, the Nintendo Direct might reveal the rest of the roster.

Last edited:

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
I suspect the screen we've seen is a Release Candidate screen (that's post beta, but not an actual finalized product). The footage for the ESRB would actually have to have been sent in even earlier than we had a leak, and menus are usually one of the last finishing touches put on a game in its last month along with fixing the last few bugs that can be fixed before launch. So, it's not entirely implausible that the developers could have made a mistake.

Still, it's possible it's a hint to something, but until you figure out what it is, we have no real way of knowing. It still could be part of some weapon he's holding though. I wouldn't think about it too much, though. It's likely some minor graphical error that'll get polished before launch.
Ah that is plausible. It still bugs me., though, and I am confused as to why this was never really brought up. Ad why do none of the other characters have this type of bug? It could also be some sort of error in the pixels too i guess, but it definitely looks cropped out.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Guys guys, my source has also told me Doodlebob will be Spongebob's final smash, Kanye West is Jay-z's alt costume and Bill Nye, Hulk Hogan, Master Splinter, Big The Cat, and the animatronics from Five Nights at Freddy's will be DLC!

MrSirSteven

Smash Journeyman
It literally makes me laugh when people start commenting on 4chan, and it is just me or people on 4chan really love to use the word "Fa... bundle of sticks"

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729

Minus the fact you posted the leak already, and have a BS claim for reposting it, just think about this.
Duck hunt and doc are made to "throw everyone off track"? This make absolutely no sense, as Nintendo intended the video where the leak was from to be shown to the ESRB and the ESRB only. Why in the hell would Nintendo (or their localization team atleast) want to deceive the ESRB? They have nothing to gain from it.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Ok guys, so the leaker recently contacted me and told me that Ridley, Mewtwo, Chorus Men, King K. Rool, and Bandana Dee are the remaining characters. Pictures? Why don't you just believe me?
You see how easy it is to just say something? :p
Same thing with this claim. I need some pics of Dr. Mario being an alt or something at least or not believing it fully.

neohopeSTF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
abcdefgf
Switch FC
SW-0259-5915-4107
Ok guys, so the leaker recently contacted me and told me that Ridley, Mewtwo, Chorus Men, King K. Rool, and Bandana Dee are the remaining characters. Pictures? Why don't you just believe me?
You see how easy it is to just say something? :p
Same thing with this claim. I need some pics of Dr. Mario being an alt or something at least or not believing it fully.
Maybe I would actually believe it if be showed the Duck Hunt Dog trophy too

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I've come to the realization that I'm actually exceptionally really happy, and that, though I'd like many more characters, and think that there probably are a good number more, this is in fact, the best roster ever, to appeal to the widest number of fans.

Though, this also brings in the characters I think are unrevealed.

It has nothing to do with 'covering my ears like a kid when your words mean nothing.'
Lalalal *musicnote*

Last edited:

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
I've been a big Jay-Z supporter since Brawl, glad to have a credible source confirming him.
Too bad he's a Pikachu clone. I thought Jay-Z had alot of potential for his own unique moveset.
At least it makes more sense than Ganondorf being a hand to hand street fighter.

Last edited:

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
I've come to the realization that I'm actually exceptionally really happy, and that, though I'd like many more characters, and think that there probably are a good number more, this is in fact, the best roster ever, to appeal to the widest number of fans.

Though, this also brings in the characters I think are unrevealed.

It has nothing to do with 'covering my ears like a kid when your words mean nothing.'
Lalalal *musicnote*
This is how I feel too. Literally the final character I really want revealed is Ridley.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
I'm right there with you. :grin: My hype took a hit shortly after the leak was confirmed, but sitting back and marvelling at the sheer greatness that is this roster has brought it right back up. It's my favourite roster so far without contest. :grin:

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
It's pretty absurd to think he WOULD not have planned on a leak happening.

This game is clearly massively hyped. Enough to single handedly win E3 for Nintendo; to have an entire website devoted to it for daily updates; to have multiple forums online with thousands of users!
This is the age of the internet, and Sakurai is well aware of it. He has left us clues to let us know he is aware of what goes on. He told us at the beginning of this genius marketing strategy a few years back, that he did not like how SSE was spoiled by the internet. He has been shown to be trolling the internet when it comes to certain references, or information, with members on his team even appearing, in the past, on this very website!

I believe anyone who thinks Sakurai would not have been aware of the likelihood of leak (or someone selling the game early, or anything else) must be calling Sakurai a complete imbecile. Even six years ago, BRAWL.

He has even been revealing images in tandem with the leak! If that is not enough to show us he is aware of it, then I don't know what is. Yet, why? My big theory is that he is warming us up to think that the leak is all there is. Then, to surprise us, as he loves to do, with something not on the leak (perhaps he even started the leak himself, though perhaps not).
We have had a quite lackluster month, and with it being the month of release, after so much time and meticulous effort put in to every single detail of each reveal, it is particularly strange to have not had much given this month.
Strange indeed. What a nonchalant month we have had. Yet, why?

It is evident that Sakurai likely never had the entire roster available on the cartridge, because a leak was bound to happen, perhaps even at his own hands, or even if not, that, as everyone would not be getting the game at the same time, particularly with the Wii U version releasing later, that it would not be possible to surprise consumers with characters. Not if they were on the easily hackable cartridge. There is too much at stake here, when it comes to video games. Incomparable in the way it relates to surprises. If he hopes to do that, which we all have seen, there is no way he would put it all on the disc, because there was zero, ZERO, chance that it would not be spoiled ahead of time.
And out come the conspiracy theories.

Hammer B

Smash Journeyman

If that is true, then why Dr. Mario has a different pose in comparison with Mario? (every single alt shown so far has the same pose as the "default" character)...

MrSirSteven

Smash Journeyman
I'm right there with you. :grin: My hype took a hit shortly after the leak was confirmed, but sitting back and marvelling at the sheer greatness that is this roster has brought it right back up. It's my favourite roster so far without contest. :grin:
Same goes with me, once I saw the leak my hype meter went down but then again. There's one thing you bet your ass that will bring the hype back is one of those Videos that Sakurai has for us still.

DairunCates

Smash Journeyman
In all fairness, this has become the fourth largest roster of a non-team fighting game I've ever seen... and 2 of those are anime games and one is Tekken (which just throws a million characters at the wall and hope something sticks). So, yeah. It's probably good to keep that in perspective. This is already an absolutely insanely large and varied roster.

micstar615

Smash Ace
I also love the roster as it is, could it have been better? Absolutely. But it still went beyond my expectations, this is the most varied roster I have ever seen.

MrSirSteven

Smash Journeyman
You know, if all characters are going to have different alt customs, what the hell is Duck Hunt Dogs going to be? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom