• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Eh, please explain to me why Sakurai would not have assumed the roster would have been leaked.
Or honestly, how ANY evidence on what he said proves otherwise.

Go for it.

Precedence and his own words dictate completely contrary.

It may sound absurd, yet, that is the paradox.
Man, I just think you're way overthinking it.

Anything is possible, but what you're saying is quite out there and relies on a lot of assumptions.

It's quite common to end up with conspiracy theories when we overthink things. Just need to take a step back and evaluate the situation logically for what it is.

I suspect Sakurai is probably much too busy releasing a giant international video game to be sneaking around on the net making fake images to fool everyone or making and sending fake modded game versions to the USA.

Yes he would've been aware there's a very good chance of a leak. But that's just the nature of game development.
At least they managed to keep it from being leaked in Japan where it was developed.
Nintendo America just need to get their **** together next time.

Last edited:

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280

The mark left of Dark Pit's head is probably one of the "wings" of his staff. He's probably holding the staff's head in front of him.
The problem with that is that the head is slightly higher than the wings. You also must take into account the angle in which the staff is in the CSS. There is too large of a gap for it to be the wings imo

Requiem Strider

Smash Rookie
NNID
Requiem_Strider
3DS FC
0044-3073-6859
The problem with that is that the head is slightly higher than the wings. You also must take into account the angle in which the staff is in the CSS. There is too large of a gap for it to be the wings imo
Perhaps they edited the size of the staff as they have with Palutena's Bow, which is pretty big compared to how it was in Uprising. The Dark Pit staff's wings spread out just enough for me to make it out on the render there in my opinion.

Bunny8093

Smash Journeyman
It's quite common to end up with conspiracy theories when we overthink things. Just need to take a step back and evaluate the situation logically for what it is.

I suspect Sakurai is probably much too busy releasing a giant international video game to be sneaking around on the net making fake images to fool everyone or making and sending fake modded game versions to the USA.

Yes he would've been aware there's a very good chance of a leak. But that's just the nature of game development.
At least they managed to keep it from being leaked in Japan where it was developed.
Um well... Japan has seen these images as well ^.^; I'm pretty sure I've seen a webpage that showed what they thought of it.

EDIT: AHA! Here.

EDIT 2: Oh love the comment about Ridley Mewtwo and K. Rool btw xD

Last edited:

Petrichor

Smash Apprentice

Anything is possible, but what you're saying is quite out there and relies on a lot of assumptions.

Nintendo can do everything in their power to prevent a leak, but if someone's going to leak from the ESRB then there isn't much they can do about it. It's not like they can just refuse to have the game rated.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Perhaps they edited the size of the staff as they have with Palutena's Bow, which is pretty big compared to how it was in Uprising. The Dark Pit staff's wings spread out just enough for me to make it out on the render there in my opinion.
That is a possibility also! I guess we will find out upon game release.

DairunCates

Smash Journeyman
Um well... Japan has seen these images as well ^.^; I'm pretty sure I've seen a webpage that showed what they thought of it.

Heh. That comment is pretty amazing.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero

Two things I've gathered from this: Literally everyone everywhere wants Mewtwo (its not just a western thing) and they are way more cynical than us, hardly any of them believed it

DairunCates

Smash Journeyman
Two things I've gathered from this: Literally everyone everywhere wants Mewtwo (its not just a western thing) and they are way more cynical than us, hardly any of them believed it
Actually, that was pretty much the same exact reaction here before the video leak surfaced.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270

I was confused by that. When he said foreigner, was he referring to us yanks? LOL! Cuz yeah pretty much.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Nintendo can do everything in their power to prevent a leak, but if someone's going to leak from the ESRB then there isn't much they can do about it. It's not like they can just refuse to have the game rated.
There were three separate leaks in the USA.
The text one in July from the game tester, the ESRB image posted on smashboards front page and then the video.

DairunCates

Smash Journeyman
Actually, it's a bit of an unusual factoid, but the ESRB is actually a VOLUNTARY process for Game Designers. This is why Indie Games don't need to be rated by the ESRB. The ESRB was set up as an industry self-regulating board after the issues in Mortal Kombat, but it's never actually had a law requiring the rating process to be done on a game in the US. Now, most retail outlets won't SELL an unrated or AO game, but if one company had the clout to break that standard anyway, it's Nintendo. So, technically, if NoA wanted to, they theoretically COULD forgo the ESRB. It's just not a terribly bright idea.

Petrichor

Smash Apprentice
Actually, it's a bit of an unusual factoid, but the ESRB is actually a VOLUNTARY process for Game Designers. This is why Indie Games don't need to be rated by the ESRB. The ESRB was set up as an industry self-regulating board after the issues in Mortal Kombat, but it's never actually had a law requiring the rating process to be done on a game in the US. Now, most retail outlets won't SELL an unrated or AO game, but if one company had the clout to break that standard anyway, it's Nintendo. So, technically, if NoA wanted to, they theoretically COULD forgo the ESRB. It's just not a terribly bright idea.
Okay, I genuinely didn't know that. Thanks for pointing that out.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hah that's great. Thanks for that.

"I guess a foreigner didn’t make this as Mewtwo, Ridley and K. Rool aren’t in it. "

SSBBphenom

Smash Cadet
NNID
SSBBphenom
3DS FC
3368-3003-7322
So is everyone still against the theory that certain characters may not exist on the 3DS version unless you connect it to the Wii U one, or maybe you'd have to update your 3DS game come Sm4sh Wii U release?

MrSirSteven

Smash Journeyman
Well, only 45 Users and 61 Guests. Looks like we'll have to wait for tomorrows Direct to see if anything from the leak is correct. Even though everything seems legit already.

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
So is everyone still against the theory that certain characters may not exist on the 3DS version unless you connect it to the Wii U one, or maybe you'd have to update your 3DS game come Sm4sh Wii U release?
I don't think it's so much that anyone's against the theory, we just have absolutely no evidence that that will be the case. This leaked roster seems fairly self-contained. That doesn't mean what you described would be impossible, but neither is it particularly likely.

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
Well, we have the Direct and PAX to (probably) know about the roster, there's so little time to japanese release and the hype needs to get up, at least in the official channels...

I've been reading past pages of the thread... Man, there are such bitter people and Ridley is polarizing the Smash community o.o

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Ridley has always been the polarizing force in the Smash community and he will continue to be until he's in.

Then once he's in it'll got to a certain inactive in his own series reptile wearing a crown.

Last edited:

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
Ridley has always been the polarzing force in the Smash community and he will continue to be until he's in.

Then once he's in it'll got to a certain inactive in his own series reptile wearing a crown.
Yeah I know, it's just my first time seeing it first hand... When Brawl I wasn't in this forum...

The most fun (and cruel) outcome is playable Ridley but terrible competitively...

PowerBomb

Smash Master
All right, I think I've gotten over my melodrama. I'm now wondering how the Doctor and how Dark Pit play. I'm also wondering how Lucina's custom moves will turn out. Will they mimic Marth's or will Sakurai decide to put in a little bit more effort?

As for Ridley, well, surely Sakurai's more aware of how ridiculous he's made the fanbase, right?

Last edited:

Chrollo.

fka president wario
I know I said it earlier but I still have a feeling that we wont get any big announcement until maybe 3 days before the release in Japan. They did it with Hyrule Warriors (Ganondorf arguably being the big announcement) and they'll probably do it with Smash. Not to say we wont get anything at tomorrow's direct or PAX, I do hope we do but my gut says we'll get a huge send off reveal around that time.

micstar615

Smash Ace
Well, we have the Direct and PAX to (probably) know about the roster, there's so little time to japanese release and the hype needs to get up, at least in the official channels...

I've been reading past pages of the thread... Man, there are such bitter people and Ridley is polarizing the Smash community o.o
Ridley will probably always be a hot topic until he's in xD unless he suddenly declines in popularity (which is a possibility because Metroid hasn't had a well received game in a while). Most of the fandom isn't really bitter, I think most of us have accepted the roster by now, most people seem to be more bitter about cuts and clones but are generally happy with the newcomers.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Ridley has always been the polarzing force in the Smash community and he will continue to be until he's in.

K. Rool will never match the girth of Ridley.

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
Ridley will probably always be a hot topic until he's in xD unless he suddenly declines in popularity (which is a possibility because Metroid hasn't had a well received game in a while). Most of the fandom isn't really bitter, I think most of us have accepted the roster by now, most people seem to be more bitter about cuts and clones but are generally happy with the newcomers.
I agree, my point was that there are especific bitter people who only rant and compare the game with corporal fluids ù.ú
I wasn't generalizing at all :grin:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726

I really think we're not going to get anything further until the game releases in Japan.

Come on someone somwhere prove me wrong.
Maybe some character info from a trailer? Or a new character completely.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

Will simplify it then.
Leak almost guaranteed? Plan it into marketing strategy. Use 'weakness' as advantage.

Not over thought at all.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
I'm trying to find that video of the nintendo rep almost revealing falco on stream but then reggie says "I'm gonna kick your ass" but it's to far back and I can't find it DX.

DairunCates

Smash Journeyman
Looks like nothing confirming or denying tonight, but an interesting miiverse post. Fighting polygons are replaced with your mii plaza now.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Looks like nothing confirming or denying tonight, but an interesting miiverse post. Fighting polygons are replaced with your mii plaza now.
They revealed that a long time ago.

Which makes this week, as stated, only a week of leak further confirmation.

Or at least a week to lead us to believe the leak is all true.

As Sakurai confirmed two parts of the leak.

This leak.

Is he

unintentionally

misdirecting us

ONE

MORE

TIME

?

o_0

HohnTTD

Smash Cadet
I want Ridley, K. Rool, and Mewtwo as much as anybody else does (there's still a chance guys, calm down), but I still don't understand how anybody can hate this roster.

Regarding Dark Pit, I can understand why people might dislike him right now (although personally I think it's great to see him, and my girlfriend's gonna flip out when she sees him) but it's not as if he's taking a spot from anybody else.

I think this roster is amazing.

Seriously guys, stop and think. We got:

Little Mac
Villager.
Rosalina.
Bowser Jr.
Charizard as his own character!
Greninja!
Instead of Chrom we got friggin' Robin AND Lucina!
We got MEGA MAN AND PAC-MAN.
SHULK!
THE FRIGGIN' DUCK HUNT DOG.

Not to mention a ton of the Veterans we all know and love.

It's already incredible we have a fighting game where Pikachu can duke it out with Samus Aran, this roster I think has gone above and beyond what a lot of us expected already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom