• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunny8093

Smash Journeyman
I'm very happy with the roster, ecstatic. There are a few characters I would've really liked to have seen in but you win some you lose some after all I'm not the only one wanting this game and this roster appeals to everyone in more ways than one. Still feel like Medusa would've been the better 3rd rep for KI but I do like Dark Pit and him being here actually makes sense. I intend to use him.

I do hope for DLC characters though in the future. It's a wonderful roster already but it can get even better.

DairunCates

Smash Journeyman
You know, if all characters are going to have different alt customs, what the hell is Duck Hunt Dogs going to be? lol
Sakurai. Just standing there. Laughing at you.

EDIT:
More serious reply. I don't think everyone is getting an alt costume. Just the characters that have something to potentially add with them like the Wireframe and Pink Hoodie Mac or the Male Wii Fit Trainer.

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Last edited:

kaliskonig

Smash Journeyman
So there is this image floating around the 4chans:

Honestly, at this point, I dont know what or who to believe. But if thats how the final roster is going to look like then I'l be more than ok with it.
Honestly the best case scenario and I actually believe this to be the final roster. Ridley, Dixie, Chorus Men, and Mewtwo just seem right for so many reasons. Lucas was always considered to be cut apparently and Ice Climbers were cut because the 3DS could not properly handle them apparently. SoWolf being said to be cut always ticked me off. I hope this is the final roster. 54 slots seems right because 53 would leave one blank space on the 3DS screen. If this is the final roster, it makes up for Lucas being cut and Dr.Mario being in. Regardless I have high hopes for DLC on the Wii U version at least. Sakurai likely has the Ice Climber models finished so they would probably be added back in if DLC happens.

Either way most of the characters I wanted made it in as playable minus
Paper Mario
Wonder Red
Lucas
Goku
and Bomberman.
So I am pretty happy overall I suppose.

Last edited:

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
I'm very happy with the roster, ecstatic. There are a few characters I would've really liked to have seen in but you win some you lose some after all I'm not the only one wanting this game and this roster appeals to everyone in more ways than one. Still feel like Medusa would've been the better 3rd rep for KI but I do like Dark Pit and him being here actually makes sense. I intend to use him.

I do hope for DLC characters though in the future. It's a wonderful roster already but it can get even better.
I mean, it's a great roster for you. According to your sig, 7 of your hopefuls made the cut. I think many would share your sentiment had the hype 3 been revealed in that link, or if all the brawl cuts didn't happen.

Chihiro Fujisaki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KnightOfSpace
excuse me but that leak is false! my friend beta-tests the game and he said that nagito komaeda was a playable character, alongside sonic 06 sonic, crash bandicoot, waluigi, and bubsy!

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Honestly the best case scenario and I actually believe this to be the final roster. Ridley, Dixie, Chorus Men, and Mewtwo just seem right for so many reasons. Lucas was always considered to be cut apparently and Ice Climbers were cut because the 3DS could not properly handle them apparently. SoWolf being said to be cut always ticked me off. I hope this is the final roster. 54 slots seems right because 53 would leave one blank space on the 3DS screen. If this is the final roster, it makes up for Lucas being cut and Dr.Mario being in. Regardless I have high hopes for DLC on the Wii U version at least. Sakurai likely has the Ice Climber models finished so they would probably be added back in if DLC happens.
unfortunately, this one has already been proven fake.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
To be honest, if the remaining has Ridley, Mewtwo, Chorus Men, King K. Rool, and Bandana Dee, I'll be super happy. If it has at LEAST three of those, I'll just be satisfied. If just one or two of them (which I doubt only that many of them would come), it's ok, I can still live with it.

Last edited:

Chihiro Fujisaki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KnightOfSpace

Honestly, at this point, I dont know what or who to believe. But if thats how the final roster is going to look like then I'l be more than ok with it.
a question, i really like this roster (even though it doesnt have sceptile or lucas which makes me cry), but is there any images of the new characters/returning characters that look similar to the icons?

Weeman

Smash Crusader
To be honest, if this leak has Ridley, Mewtwo, Chorus Men, King K. Rool, and Bandana Dee, I'll be super happy. If it has at LEAST three of those, I'll just be satisfied. If lower, I can still live with it.
Probably none, i'll say Mewtwo and the Chorus men have the most chance but the other 3 i don't think are plausible at this point.

kaliskonig

Smash Journeyman
unfortunately, this one has already been proven fake.
Awe. figured as much. some of the renders looked off and the quality was even more terrible than usual for these kinds of things. Welp Lucas/Wolf/Ice Climbers for free DLC! lol

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Guys guys, my source has also told me Doodlebob will be Spongebob's final smash, Kanye West is Jay-z's alt costume and Bill Nye, Hulk Hogan, Master Splinter, Big The Cat, and the animatronics from Five Nights at Freddy's will be DLC!
Splinter would be to OP and badass for Smash Bros

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
a question, i really like this roster (even though it doesnt have sceptile or lucas which makes me cry), but is there any images of the new characters/returning characters that look similar to the icons?
It's pretty definitely fake.
The jigglypuff image is slightly different to in the real leaks. There was always something blocking jiggs so they couldn't copy the image.
There's a few other things that make it suspicious too.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280

It's a cropped picture of Dark Pit.
Sir, we are not talking about that though! We are specifically referring to that white mark to the left of his hair. :)

Probably this.
The reason I am against this is because look at the above image in this reply, The mark is above Pitoo's head, and on the side. It is in such an odd position. Also, I know it is low quality, but the pixels aren't very sharp for the edge. it is kinda cut in slightly near the end.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

Honestly, at this point, I dont know what or who to believe. But if that's how the final roster is going to look like then I'l be more than ok with it.
Fake since Dr. Mario and Jiggles have different renders, Ganon still has the black arrow over his face, selection hand is different, G+W BG changed color, and Wolf render has been seen before (Assault, I think?).

But OH GOD I WANT THIS TO BE THE ROSTER!

If this were true, I would have no problems whatsoever, and I would be content playing the game without *****ing about the characters again. Only change I'd like to make is to put the Rool instead of Dixie, but I'd be fine with a DLC K.Rool too. And DLC Squirtle and Ivysaur could happen too.

neohopeSTF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
abcdefgf
Switch FC
SW-0259-5915-4107
This leak\roster is perfect for me, there where only three things I wanted, Shulk, Doc and Roy Koopa glad too see that all three will show up playable in someway.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
And out come the conspiracy theories.
Eh, please explain to me why Sakurai would not have assumed the roster would have been leaked.
Or honestly, how ANY evidence on what he said proves otherwise.

Go for it.

Precedence and his own words dictate completely contrary.

It may sound absurd, yet, that is the paradox.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
I personally love this roster. I'm fine with the hype 3 not being in it, Mario, Sonic, Pacman, and Megaman all being in the same game is good enough for me. Oh and Duck Hunt Dog... mm Duck hunt Dog, I'm gonna main the living **** out of him.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
I hope the part about the Koopalings being alts for Bowser Jr. is fake. I would hate that. I don't hate the Koopalings, but this really should be Bowser Jr's chance to shine in Smash Bros. I just don't think it would be right if he was sharing the spotlight with 7 other characters.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I hope the part about the Koopalings being alts for Bowser Jr. is fake. I would hate that. I don't hate the Koopalings, but this really should be Bowser Jr's chance to shine in Smash Bros. I just don't think it would be right if he was sharing the spotlight with 7 other characters.
It is a burden he shares in the games, now. He is the leader of the Koopa Kids, and a leader of the CSS for all of them!
Personally, I'd absolutely abhor his inclusion without them.

Bunny8093

Smash Journeyman
I mean, it's a great roster for you. According to your sig, 7 of your hopefuls made the cut. I think many would share your sentiment had the hype 3 been revealed in that link, or if all the brawl cuts didn't happen.
I know that's why I'm very happy with it XD Hell if you want me to be honest Greninja was not originally in my wanted list but I only realized how great he was for Smash when I looked upon his trailer. That's why he's here and about the same could be said for Rosalina except I did want her, I just keep it low and secret cuz I didn't think it would happen and if it did she'd only be a clone/alt. I was glad to be wrong with her though :). Also concerning Robin and Lucina I at one point just wanted someone from FE:A in and my picks were between Robin being the one I'd want the most especially if it came with a Female alt option, then Lucina, then if those two were out of the question I'd settle for Chrom. Boy was I happy to get BOTH of the FE:A reps that I wanted the most. Everyone else is fair game pretty much.

08skidoosh80

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tyler80
3DS FC
3136-6615-9131
Switch FC
SW-5074-0505-2141
I know that's why I'm very happy with it XD Hell if you want me to be honest Greninja was not originally in my wanted list but I only realized how great he was for Smash when I looked upon his trailer. That's why he's here and about the same could be said for Rosalina except I did want her, I just keep it low and secret cuz I didn't think it would happen and if it did she'd only be a clone/alt. I was glad to be wrong with her though :). Also concerning Robin and Lucina I at one point just wanted someone from FE:A in and my picks were between Robin being the one I'd want the most especially if it came with a Female alt option, then Lucina, then if those two were out of the question I'd settle for Chrom. Boy was I happy to get BOTH of the FE:A reps that I wanted the most. Everyone else is fair game pretty much.
Please pick my lottery numbers for me

Last edited:

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman

I'd be very happy with a final roster like that. Honestly though, I'm happy with what we have right now.
That's just Dixie's Tropical Freeze artwork with an open mouth hastily edited on though, so I doubt this is legit.

Mariohuge

Smash Apprentice
That white mark next to his hair is probably the Silver Bow. Makes sense as that was his signature weapon most of the time.

Requiem Strider

Smash Rookie
NNID
Requiem_Strider
3DS FC
0044-3073-6859

The mark left of Dark Pit's head is probably one of the "wings" of his staff. He's probably holding the staff's head in front of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom