• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry buddy, but I took that .gif as "you ****ing idiots, didn't you know? Ridley's totally confirmed, you morons!" and I don't take that lightly, man, especially when voicing my opinion in a logical and civil manner.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with voicing your opinion, that's not what upset me, it was how rude you guys were being.

"F***ing wake up" and "srsly Ridley is not in get over it" were in my opinion uncalled for. You guys can tell me why you don't think Ridley will be playable, but don't be so nasty about it.

Can you guys answer me this then? Why hasn't Sakurai ever brought up or shown Ridley in a Potd since the Smash direct? Why would he not talk about him for so long? Why not go over his mechanics? Every other fan favourite who ended up being a trophy or an assist trophy have been immediately de-confirmed as not playable. Sakurai has also stated that he dislikes false speculation this is evident with the de-confirmed characters I mentioned before being made clear that they are not playable, when Chrom was shown in the Robin and Lucina reveal people thought Chrom was also a confirmed fighter but Nintendo quite quickly let everyone know that he was part of Robin's final smash. So I ask you, why has Ridley not been given the same treatment?

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Okay, so I have been lurking here for some time, and this is the reason I finally joined. I must ask if this is brought up, cause I haven't read anything on it; what is that white little clipping to the top left of Dark Pit's hair? At first I thought it was his wings, but then I remembered Dark Pit's wings are black. I just wanted to bring that up before it got dismissed. Sorry if this was brought up before and I am wasting everyone's' time. I would post the link myself, but hey, not enough messages.

DairunCates

Smash Journeyman
Okay, so I have been lurking here for some time, and this is the reason I finally joined. I must ask if this is brought up, cause I haven't read anything on it; what is that white little clipping to the top left of Dark Pit's hair? At first I thought it was his wings, but then I remembered Dark Pit's wings are black. I just wanted to bring that up before it got dismissed. Sorry if this was brought up before and I am wasting everyone's' time. I would post the link myself, but hey, not enough messages.
I believe that's the bit that people believe is his staff (which is his signature weapon). There's actually been some discussion on how this might make him less of a clone than people are expecting.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Just want to post some of my views, which I have elaborated on in my own full theories with rather solidly backed evidence, so much negative I will continually add in my positives:

1- The big three are in fact all in
2- Alt clones, such as Dr Mario, are returning as a sign that Sakurai is actually listening to us fans
3- Wii U version will have more content for solo play than 3DS
4- We will have DLC characters almost guaranteed
5- Sakurai knew and likely planned for a leak

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
There's absolutely nothing wrong with voicing your opinion, that's not what upset me, it was how rude you guys were being.

"F***ing wake up" and "srsly Ridley is not in get over it" were in my opinion uncalled for. You guys can tell me why you don't think Ridley will be playable, but don't be so nasty about it.

Can you guys answer me this then? Why hasn't Sakurai ever brought up or shown Ridley in a Potd since the Smash direct? Why would he not talk about him for so long? Why not go over his mechanics? Every other fan favourite who ended up being a trophy or an assist trophy have been immediately de-confirmed as not playable. Sakurai has also stated that he dislikes false speculation this is evident with the de-confirmed characters I mentioned before being made clear that they are not playable, when Chrom was shown in the Robin and Lucina reveal people thought Chrom was also a confirmed fighter but Nintendo quite quickly let everyone know that he was part of Robin's final smash. So I ask you, why has Ridley not been given the same treatment?
Don't worry bro. Just write their names down and ruuuuuub it in when he's finally revealed. ;)

MrSirSteven

Smash Journeyman
Well I've been reading the Gamefaqs thread about that Allstar dude and the guy named "DeZA_wUlf", who knows this Allstar guy has said that Issac and Ice Climbers will be Assist Trophies. Thoughts on this? I can see Issac returning as an Assist Trophy but Ice Climbers? I can't see this happening. He's also said that the leaker All_Star would "show off game play he took of Ganondorf vs Captain Falcon (Black Shadow) vs Dr. Mario vs Wario". I don't believe anything this guy says.

Last edited:

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
I believe that's the bit that people believe is his staff (which is his signature weapon). There's actually been some discussion on how this might make him less of a clone than people are expecting.
Okay, so that little clipping is actually part of the staff itself? That makes sense. I read all about that a few pages back, and I noticed the staff head at the bottom right of the screen. But what would that tiny little white clipping be? It is much too high to be part of the staff, right?

Also, I was just thinking about this; the staff itself could just be part of his character render, and he could still just be a clone. It would be odd for sure to have the staff in his render only, but that is a possibility, right?

neohopeSTF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
abcdefgf
Switch FC
SW-0259-5915-4107
Well I've been reading the Gamefaqs thread about that Allstar dude and the guy named "DeZA_wUlf", who knows this Allstar guy has said that Issac and Ice Climbers will be Assist Trophies. Thoughts on this? I can see Issac returning as an Assist Trophy but Ice Climbers? I can't see this happening. He's also said that the leaker All_Star would "show off game play he took of Ganondorf vs Captain Falcon (Black Shadow) vs Dr. Mario vs Wario". I don't believe anything this guy says.
At this point anybody claiming to know AllStar is BSing.

Lord Goomy

Smash Apprentice

It's quite possible that Sakurai doesn't deconfirm him because he is such a fan favorite no has been for such a long time. It would severely harm a lot of people's hype and it may be enough for a few extremists to at least delay buying the game.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
The Assist Trophy part is pure speculation and nothing more. If IC don't get in, and it's looking more and more likely they wont, they'll most likely be an assist trophy. Just like the stuff he said yesterday about the Koopalings and Louie being called their names when selected, it was all pure speculation.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Just want to post some of my views, which I have elaborated on in my own full theories with rather solidly backed evidence, so much negative I will continually add in my positives:

1- The big three are in fact all in
2- Alt clones, such as Dr Mario, are returning as a sign that Sakurai is actually listening to us fans
3- Wii U version will have more content for solo play than 3DS
4- We will have DLC characters almost guaranteed
5- Sakurai knew and likely planned for a leak
sounds far too good to be true, then #5 kind of discredits it all

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
It's quite possible that Sakurai doesn't deconfirm him because he is such a fan favorite no has been for such a long time. It would severely harm a lot of people's hype and it may be enough for a few extremists to at least delay buying the game.
Why would he make it worse for everyone by giving them hope and smashing it later when we finally play on Pyrosphere?

EDIT: When did this become the Ridley thread? XD

Last edited:

DairunCates

Smash Journeyman
Okay, so that little clipping is actually part of the staff itself? That makes sense. I read all about that a few pages back, and I noticed the staff head at the bottom right of the screen. But what would that tiny little white clipping be? It is much too high to be part of the staff, right?

Also, I was just thinking about this; the staff itself could just be part of his character render, and he could still just be a clone. It would be odd for sure to have the staff in his render only, but that is a possibility, right?
It definitely is, but we know, from what Sakurai said, that if a clone is getting a slot, there's at least one significant mechanical difference with the character. So, that's why people are speculating on what that difference is (especially since we know what it is for Lucina and most likely know what it is for Dr. Mario).

neohopeSTF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
abcdefgf
Switch FC
SW-0259-5915-4107
Why would he make it worse for everyone by giving them hope and smashing it later when we finally play on Pyrosphere?

EDIT: When did this become the Ridley thread? XD
Literally every thread turns into a Ridley thread at one point or another

MM3K

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM3000
3DS FC
3308-4705-1012

It's pretty obvious to me that he was just playing with expectations. EDIT: Also, why would he hint at it as a boss, if he where a playable character? (I guess there's Bowser and Giga Bowser in adventure mode, but I'll stick to my guns).

Also, I only really said to ****ing wake up, after you put up your condescending .gif. I can speak for myself on that one, how would you feel if I lumped you together with people who are openly for Ridley and threw out stuff like that?

Don't worry bro. Just write their names down and ruuuuuub it in when he's finally revealed. ;)
I'll make sure to rub it in the likes of you when he's revealed as a boss.

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
I don't get why you're all believing what the leakers say regarding the roster, they are all likely doing what MF'r did and are BSing

If the mode truly was locked, then why just a tiny lock symbol on the bottom screen? If we truly couldn't select it, then it shouldn't be able to be highlighted and we should be told that it is unlockable in a clear fashion. Heck, all star mode didn't even appear until all characters are unlocked in previous games, and ESRB is required to know pretty much all info the game has, which an incomplete roster will not accomplish.

Then you'll be no better than all those "too bigots" you all hate so much.

Last edited:

MrSirSteven

Smash Journeyman
I think we should get back on topic before --- comes here and kicks our asses. So, any one excepting a new leak to come out this week?

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
Damn you guys type a lot fast! x_x

Good thing character worthiness is subjective.
Why are you so negative? It should be obvious and the majority should know who are.
But we know pretty much everything about the game... what would the direct be?..
There's A LOT we don't know if the game is anything like previous games.
So there is this image floating around the 4chans:

Nooooo! It's almost perfect! Just Ice Climbers missing! Can't be real...
How was this created?!

Last edited:
Then he should've de-confirmed him back during the Smash direct or in a potd shortly after.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Doubt he's telling the truth. Guess he could be.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Damn you guys type a lot fast! x_x

Why are you so negative? It should be obvious and the majority should know who are.

There's A LOT we don't know if the game is anything like previous games.

How was this created?!
Photoshop.

Also guys, stop with the Ridley fighting. I don't want Ridley in but you don't see me busting other people's chops about it. Be respectful about it. Until Sakurai says he's not in, people are allowed to speculate, just like how we all thought Ice Climbers would be in and got our hopes and dreams crushed by this leak. Oh great, I'm crying again. Thanks a lot thread.

imgonnagocrymyselftosleepagainfortheloveofcrap

DairunCates

Smash Journeyman
If the mode truly was locked, then why just a tiny lock symbol on the bottom screen? If we truly couldn't select it, then it shouldn't be able to be highlighted and we should be told that it is unlockable in a clear fashion. Heck, all star mode didn't even appear until all characters are unlocked in previous games, and ESRB is required to know pretty much all info the game has, which an incomplete roster will not accomplish.
The general theory on this is that All-Star Mode is present on the screen because there's no adventure mode for 3DS, and that adding All-Star to the solo smash menu keeps it from looking sparse. Kid Icarus Uprising similarly had modes that were locked but still shown before you unlocked them too, if memory serves.

It's pretty obvious to me that he was just playing with expectations.

Also, I only really said to ****ing wake up, after you put up your condescending .gif. I can speak for myself on that one, how would you feel if I lumped you together with people who are openly for Ridley and threw out stuff like that?

I'll make sure to rub it in the likes of you when he's revealed as a boss.
Which is completely unprofessional.
You assumed my gif was condescending but as I said that was not why I put it there.
Also I asked you a question but it seems you ignored it, whatever, this isn't the Ridley thread so I'll end this discussion here.

Last edited:

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
It definitely is, but we know, from what Sakurai said, that if a clone is getting a slot, there's at least one significant mechanical difference with the character. So, that's why people are speculating on what that difference is (especially since we know what it is for Lucina and most likely know what it is for Dr. Mario).
I am fairly certain that the tiny clipping of white directly to the left of Dark Pit's hair is not part of the Staff.

The Dark Pit staff has no such white speck that far up the head. Which is why I am curious as to what you guys are thinking about this. If it isn't the staff, what is it?
I am not referring to the crown of the staff int he lower left corner.

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
The general theory on this is that All-Star Mode is present on the screen because there's no adventure mode for 3DS, and that adding All-Star to the solo smash menu keeps it from looking sparse. Kid Icarus Uprising similarly had modes that were locked but still shown before you unlocked them too, if memory serves.
I started a new save file in Uprising to check this and it is not the case. All "locked" options and modes simply do not appear, and as such the options menu has a hole in the bottom where the secret options should be, as all of Sakurai's menus have had similar "holes" where unlockable modes were before this.

Last edited:

DairunCates

Smash Journeyman
I started a new save file in Uprising to check this and it is not the case. All "locked" options and modes simply do not appear, and as such the options menu has a hole in the bottom where the secret options should be, as all of Sakurai's menus have had similar "holes" where unlockable modes were before this.
Huh? Really. I swore at the very least the second Goddess Shrine showed up but wasn't usable until later. Can't really check though. I lent the game out recently.

I am fairly certain that the tiny clipping of white directly to the left of Dark Pit's hair is not part of the Staff.

The Dark Pit staff has no such white speck that far up the head. Which is why I am curious as to what you guys are thinking about this. If it isn't the staff, what is it?
I am not referring to the crown of the staff int he lower left corner.
Oh... That? I have no idea. I suppose it's possible that, when taking the screenshots, they had the models side by side and part of Pit's model is peeking into the frame. It's possible they made a small mistake like that while designing the Release Candidate select screen.

Last edited:

MM3K

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM3000
3DS FC
3308-4705-1012
Which is completely unprofessional.
You assumed my gif was condescending but as I said that was not why I put it there.
Also I asked you a question but it seems you ignored it, whatever, this isn't the Ridley thread so I'll end this discussion here.
I don't think that's unprofessional at all, he wouldn't have done things he has so far, such teasing and that sorta things.

Also, how am I supposed to know why he clarifies thing or not in PotD's, or directs for that matter? That certainly doesn't hint at Ridley anyway.

08skidoosh80

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tyler80
3DS FC
3136-6615-9131
Switch FC
SW-5074-0505-2141

TheRealLegit StevenSeagal

Smash Apprentice
So appearantly Dr. Mario and Duck Hunt dog are both in the game, but aren't playable characters according to this new leak on 4chan....That actually makes sense Dr. Mario being an alt for Mario and Duck Hunt Dog being possibly an assist trophy

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/260411486
You posted this yesterday, and claimed you yourself got into contact with this guy.

neohopeSTF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
abcdefgf
Switch FC
SW-0259-5915-4107
So appearantly Dr. Mario and Duck Hunt dog are both in the game, but aren't playable characters according to this new leak on 4chan....That actually makes sense Dr. Mario being an alt for Mario and Duck Hunt Dog being possibly an assist trophy

Again anybody at this point claiming to know the leaker is BSing

Chrollo.

fka president wario

I have a friend who works at NoA who told me that Godzilla, Spongebob, Homer Simpson, and Jay-Z will all be in the game. Get hyped.

Last edited:

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687

Whether you choose to believe me or not is up to you, but I would sooner drink arsenic that be wrong. That's how much I trust my leaker buddies.
Bottoms up *toasts*

Seriously though, that bit there is all you need to know it's bull. That and lack of evidence.

The 5 stages of roster grief are strong with this one.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Oh... That? I have no idea. I suppose it's possible that, when taking the screenshots, they had the models side by side and part of Pit's model is peeking into the frame. It's possible they made a small mistake like that while designing the Release Candidate select screen.
By "they", are you referring to the developers? Because if so, that was a pretty bad error that shouldn't have happened, and it has only been seen in that single CSS that they should have caught. I kindda doubt that imo, but it is possible.
Also, if you look at Pit's official model render, none of his feathers really match that white mark. I think whatever that is, it is potentially very important i this. Because, all of the character models in the CSS are based off of their renders, and it woudl be odd to have Pit in the Dark Pit Render but just cut out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom