• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to see you're still in denial.

I really don't get it, I wouldn't be mad if he got in, it's just frustating to see so many people living in this fantasy world in which Ridley's been pretty much confirmed for everyone except for the ones that actually catched the fact that he is a boss character in the game, I mean, just ****ing wake up, he won't be playable in Smash 4, maybe in the next ones, but for this one in particular he is just not playable, geez...

See you in the P:M Clone Engine Character thread in 2 weeks.
First of all, take a chill pill. Secondly, why do you have to be so hurtful and cruel to people because they want a character in? You even said you wouldn't be mad if he's playable yet your angry at people for wanting him in. Thirdly, no body is saying Ridley is confirmed, they just have a lot of compelling evidence that supports his inclusion as a fighter which is making some people confident.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
People, why do you feel the need to poop on people, such as myself, who are disappointed that the hype 3 are not playable? In the opinion of many, these characters are long overdue. They should have been in brawl, and now the same mistake is being made twice. Smash Bros is my favorite series (and I have Atari 2600 to PS4 and everything in between). I'm not going to refuse to buy the new games, because I'm sure they'll be fun in terms of gameplay. But this is really, REALLY disappointing. Quite frankly, this roster would be just fine with the hype 3, wolf, lucas, and the ice climbers. The way it turned out though, it's like getting a beautiful burger. It's got a great beef patty, it's got the lettuce and tomatoes...all the things to complement the burger. It's even got an extra pickle spear. Doesn't take anything away from what's there, doesn't replace anything, but it's a nice little addition. But you realize the special sauce, the homemade sauce you were really looking forward to is not there. The burger is still enjoyable, but it's somehow a disappointment. That sauce would have put it over the top. Instead, it's just another in a long line of above average burgers.

Last edited:

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
So there is this image floating around the 4chans:

Honestly, at this point, I dont know what or who to believe. But if thats how the final roster is going to look like then I'l be more than ok with it.
This looks so awesome, wish this was the actual final roster, now that's a roster I can agree on =)

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Because, Ridley and Meta Ridley are too similar and wouldn't one look bigger? I guess the ENTIRE boss and stage could change but I doubt it.
Ridley and Meta Ridley aren't that similar. Ones made of metal, one isn't. :p
Can we get back to talking about the leak now?

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to see you're still in denial.

I really don't get it, I wouldn't be mad if he got in, it's just frustating to see so many people living in this fantasy world in which Ridley's been pretty much confirmed for everyone except for the ones that actually catched the fact that he is a boss character in the game, I mean, just ****ing wake up, he won't be playable in Smash 4, maybe in the next ones, but for this one in particular he is just not playable, geez...

See you in the P:M Clone Engine Character thread in 2 weeks.
I find it funny how salty people get when someone talks about Ridley having a chance :laugh:
(Am I the only one?)

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Gonna talk about Dark Pit for a bit, since quite a few people seem riled up about him.

This is the leaked image of him: http://i.imgur.com/uK8qQX4.jpg

Take a close look at that image. Do you see the yellow, boomerang-like object on his image? It is under his right ear, and above the "DA" of his name. Additionally, take note of the purple coloration below the yellow boomerang-like object. Where am I going with this, you might ask? Well, the object appears to be in 3D, but it is not a part of the character's outfit.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120508012547/kidicarus/images/f/fb/Darkpit_artnew.png

So if it is not a part of his outfit, it could be his weapon right? For those of you who have played KI:U, you might be aware of the main weapons that Dark Pit uses. The most commonly associated weapons with Dark Pit are the Silver Bow, the Dark Pit Staff, and the Ogre Club. Let's take a look at each of them, shall we?

Silver Bow
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120119205845/kidicarus/images/2/29/Nicw.PNG
http://media.archonia.com/images/samples/72/64/147264_s2.jpg
http://nendoroider.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Figma-Kid-Icarus-Uprising-Black-Pit.jpg

The Silver Bow is Dark Pit's version of Pit's Palutena Bow. This is his most used weapon in KI:U, and the reason why most people speculate the reason for his status of being a clone to Pit. However, there are two problems with this. One, the Silver Bow does not have any yellow coloring in the design. And two, the shape of the weapon does not match the boomerang-like object in the leaked picture. So then, the likelyhood of the object in the leaked picture being the Silver Bow is very unlikely. So if it's not the Silver Bow, then what about the next weapon most associated with him? Heck, it even has his name on it.

Dark Pit Staff
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/123/4/9/dark_pit_staff_by_isaac77598-d4yghdn.jpg
http://img.amiami.jp/images/product/review/124//FIG-IPN-5604_02.jpg
https://31.media.tumblr.com/5a2fa58c918c0a3378e7517dbab9aac2/tumblr_inline_mzxpfmbt0U1s9zi46.jpg
https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2829/12562965194_9dd15d421e_z.jpg

Oddly enough, Dark Pit only used this weapon a single time in KI:U (in chapter 6), in comparison to the multiple times that he has used the Silver Bow. Regardless, this is one of the only two weapons in the game that directly mentions Dark Pit himself (the other being the Ogre Club). Furthermore, you might notice two things right off the bat. One, the yellow coloring of the wings and "head" of the weapon. And two, the purple coloring of the rest of the weapon. Not to mention, the shape on the wings sort of have a boomerang-like appearance to them. Meaning that the weapon that Dark Pit is holding in the leaked picture is, most likely, the Dark Pit Staff.

Ogre Club
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120528154435/kidicarus/images/2/23/Ogre_Club.jpg
http://www.kidicaruswiki.org/images/f/f8/Ogre_Club.png

As cool as it looks, nothing about the leaked image looks like it would point towards this weapon. Plus, there aren't really any images online showing Dark Pit with the weapon. So, we'll skip this one. But the images are there for those who are curious.

Anyways, what does this mean in regards to Dark Pit being next to the other "clones" on the CSS? Is he still a clone? How much of he would be cloned from Pit himself, if his weapon isn't similar to the Palutena Bow? Why yes, there are elements in which he could still be a "clone", as I shall go over right now.

1) Walking/Running Speed
2) Weight
3) Amount of jumps/jump height
4) Similar attacks/specials/throws

Number 4 on the list is probably what quite a few people believe, and why they might have problems with Dark Pit. Under the premise of Dark Pit having the Silver Bow, many people would be lead to believe that his entire moveset would be cloned from Pit. However, I do not believe that this is the case. Why? In the leaked image, Dark Pit is not holding the Silver Bow, but rather the Dark Pit Staff. Sure, he could very well still have the Silver Bow, but consider this: All characters who have a main weapon (usually sword) are usually holding that weapon in their picture. DeDeDe with his hammer, Link with his Master Sword and Hylian Shield, Robin with his/her Tomes and Levin Sword, and Pit with his Palutena Bow. So, wouldn't it also make sense that the weapon that Dark Pit is holding, The Dark Pit Staff, is his main weapon? Sure, he might have a few moves here and there that might be similar to Pit's (such as his specials), but otherwise I believe that his attacks are completely different in comparison to Pit's. So he would be more akin to Luigi in regards to his attacks. Special moves could still be almost identical to Pit's, though I really doubt his regular attacks would be the same with a completely different weapon.

In other words, he is not a clone of Pit in regards to (most) of his attacks. But rather, he is a clone of Pit due to having similar weight, running speed, and jumping ability in comparison to Pit (And maybe specials as well). At least, that is what I believe, anyways. Having almost the same model also counts too. And that actually matters quite a lot. Why? Because Dark Pit, Dr. Mario, and Lucina are probably the ONLY characters on the roster that were originally intended to be alternate costumes, hence their placement on the roster. And not DIRECTLY because they are "clones".

One last thing I would like to mention is that while Staffs are slower than Bows in KI:U, I don't think it might be the case here...probably. My reasoning behind this is Ike. Ike is very fast in Radiant Dawn, though he is slow in Brawl (and most likely Smash 4). So, Dark Pit could be slower than Pit, though they could also share the same speed as well. Who knows.
Anyways, I hope my post cleared some things up. Hope you enjoyed.:4pit:

I think he might be a Wolf kind of deal. You know, his special moves are somewhat based on Fox, but his A-moves are different. Pit doesn't use Palutena's bow for any of his special moves other than the arrow. Dark Pit could shoot from his staff, uppercut with Pandora Claws, have the same Up+B and maybe the Guardian Orbitars. But his whole A moveset could be original since the Staff operates differently than the bow.

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
Can someone give me the link to the new roster leak please? Didn't get to see it and I kinda don't want to surf through all of the pages :011:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
People, why do you feel the need to poop on people, such as myself, who are disappointed that the hype 3 are not playable? In the opinion of many, these characters are long overdue. They should have been in brawl, and now the same mistake is being made twice. Smash Bros is my favorite series (and I have Atari 2600 to PS4 and everything in between). I'm not going to refuse to buy the new games, because I'm sure they'll be fun in terms of gameplay. But this is really, REALLY disappointing. Quite frankly, this roster would be just fine with the hype 3, wolf, lucas, and the ice climbers. The way it turned out though, it's like getting a beautiful burger. It's got a great beef patty, it's got the lettuce and tomatoes...all the things to complement the burger. It's even got an extra pickle spear. Doesn't take anything away from what's there, doesn't replace anything, but it's a nice little addition. But you realize the special sauce, the homemade sauce you were really looking forward to is not there. The burger is still enjoyable, but it's somehow a disappointment. That sauce would have put it over the top. Instead, it's just another in a long line of above average burgers.
Have you ignored most of your replies?
The full roster hasn't been unlocked yet. The leaker said so himself. The Hype 3 and others still have a chance.
I find it funny how salty people get when someone talks about Ridley having a chance :laugh:
(Am I the only one?)
Join the club. You're defiantly not that only one who finds it hilarious. :laugh:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Am I the only one who's perfectly fine with the roster we have now?
Nope. I'm perfectly fine with it. In fact, I greatly enjoy it. I wish K Rool was there, but Bowser Jr was my #1 Nintendo owned character, so I'm stoked. (Mega Man was my #1 overall)

MM3K

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM3000
3DS FC
3308-4705-1012
First of all, take a chill pill. Secondly, why do you have to be so hurtful and cruel to people because they want a character in? You even said you wouldn't be mad if he's playable yet your angry at people for wanting him in. Thirdly, no body is saying Ridley is confirmed, they just have a lot of compelling evidence that supports his inclusion as a fighter which is making some people confident.
Sorry buddy, but I took that .gif as "you ****ing idiots, didn't you know? Ridley's totally confirmed, you morons!" and I don't take that lightly, man, especially when voicing my opinion in a logical and civil manner.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Have you ignored most of your replies?
The full roster hasn't been unlocked yet. The leaker said so himself. The Hype 3 and others still have a chance.

Join the club. You're defiantly not that only one who finds it hilarious. :laugh:
I thought it was determined that what hasn't been unlocked yet is the Mii, who's icon will fill out the select screen.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Regarding to Dark Pit, but the only detail I know is that Dark Pit is going to use the Dark Pit Staff somewhere in his moveset, if the leaked images is anything to go by. Don't get your hopes up for a drastically different character however, since it's pretty clear Dark Pit is supposed to be a last-minute addition. Though if the mechanics of staves are carried over from Kid Icarus: Uprising, then Dark Pit is going to be fatal at long distances.

MrSirSteven

Smash Journeyman
I saw this on Reddit today and it would be cool if Ridley was revealed looking like this. inb4 new leaks have this Ridley image in them.

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
I thought it was determined that what hasn't been unlocked yet is the Mii, who's icon will fill out the select screen.
Miis are most likely starters, they just aren't there because customizations are turned off. There are still about 5 spots left in the roster after that.

Last edited:

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
Regarding to Dark Pit, but the only detail I know is that Dark Pit is going to use the Dark Pit Staff somewhere in his moveset, if the leaked images is anything to go by. Don't get your hopes up for a drastically different character however, since it's pretty clear Dark Pit is supposed to be a last-minute addition. Though if the mechanics of staves are carried over from Kid Icarus: Uprising, then Dark Pit is going to be fatal at long distances.
Well the Dark Pit Staff is actually my main weapon in Uprising, so Pittoo's welcome imho

DairunCates

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure that metaphor really stands up, dude. If you have a burger that managed to get everything perfect but forgot one optional ingredient, it's not perfect, but it doesn't suddenly become "Just another average burger". Similarly, adding your magic special sauce to a completely average burger wouldn't make it anything BUT slightly above average unless you have a severe sauce addiction.

Also, you know, you could just ASK for sauce in real life. It's an honest mistake. Nothing to raise a hissy fit and disrupt the entire restaurant's experience over.

Last edited:

lavadeira

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1736-0917-9729
If by some way he never actually delivers, I will promise to close all my remaining alts and never come back. I will forever be known as the most pathetic user on gamefaqs, that's how sure I am that my friend isn't pulling my leg.
Just laughing at this.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
You're not. I want Ridley to be in the game so badly, but the roster we have now is AMAZING. There are like twenty characters I would love to main and picking only a few of them will be hell. I know some people are mad because of clones (as if they would make a new Smash without new clones) and the lack of villains, but IMO "Sakurai did it again". It is a great roster, better than Brawl and Melee's without a shadow of doubt.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Miis are most likely starters, they just aren't there because customizations are turned off. There are still about 5 spots left in the roster after that
I'm convinced that the roster isn't going to be a perfect rectangle tbh. I hope it fills the whole screen, but I'm not convinced it will.

Last edited:

Potpourri

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2921-9942-8562
The real problem comes when the only characters a person roots for are the Hype 3. In games like this where you can predict the roster to an extent, you can't go and say that ____, ____, and ____ should be in the game, no questions asked. Honestly I feel like these 3 characters were the wrong ones to get hyped about. I don't think Sakurai's all too keen for villains anyway, unless we REALLY need them (which we already have covered with :4bowser::ganondorf: and to an extent :4dedede:).

DairunCates

Smash Journeyman
I'm convinced that the roster isn't going to be a perfect square tbh. I hope it fills the whole screen, but I'm not convinced it will.
Good point, has anyone mocked the roster up to look like the Triforce yet? That might fix everything.

Joking aside, it's possible, but it doesn't seem like Sakurai's M.O., and with up to 2 random buttons available, it's really easy to get a number that's a mathetmatical rectangle (it just needs to be within 2 of a non-prime number).

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
I'm not sure that metaphor really stands up, dude. If you have a burger that managed to get everything perfect but forgot one optional ingredient, it's not perfect, but it doesn't suddenly become "Just another average burger". Similarly, adding your magic special sauce to a completely average burger wouldn't make it anything BUT slightly above average unless you have a severe sauce addiction.

Also, you know, you could just ASK for sauce in real life. It's an honest mistake. Nothing to raise a hissy fit and disrupt the entire restaurant's experience over.
I said it was an above average burger, the sauce missing would have made it great.

Anyway, I'd love to just ask to fix the mistake. Unfortunately, I don't have Sakurai's phone number to let him know he forgot to put the hype 3 on my smash bros game, and also it's missing a few veterans.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Good point, has anyone mocked the roster up to look like the Triforce yet? That might fix everything.

Joking aside, it's possible, but it doesn't seem like Sakurai's M.O., and with up to 2 random buttons available, it's really easy to get a number that's a mathetmatical rectangle (it just needs to be within 2 of a non-prime number).
There, I fixed it, I don't need your sass XD

But anyways, the Melee roster's bottom row was uneven from the rest of the roster. I don't see why this roster has to have all even rows.

RetroBro

Smash Ace
The real problem comes when the only characters a person roots for are the Hype 3. In games like this where you can predict the roster to an extent, you can't go and say that ____, ____, and ____ should be in the game, no questions asked. Honestly I feel like these 3 characters were the wrong ones to get hyped about. I don't think Sakurai's all too keen for villains anyway, unless we REALLY need them (which we already have covered with :4bowser::ganondorf: and to an extent :4dedede:).
Yes, and no.

Your first part was right in regards to a person being extreme in his opinion of who deserves to be in the game.

But your second part is just an opinion that gives no insight on Sakurai at all. We don't know how he feels about the villains some people wanted in other than he at one point thought that Ridley was too big to put in the game (and even admitted in the same quote that they didn't have the time or effort to make him). Whether or not he ACTUALLY is or isn't, the point being, you have no idea what you're talking about in regards to Sakurai's feelings on X number of villains.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
I said it was an above average burger, the sauce missing would have made it great.

Anyway, I'd love to just ask to fix the mistake. Unfortunately, I don't have Sakurai's phone number to let him know he forgot to put the hype 3 on my smash bros game, and also it's missing a few veterans.
Gosh, are you deaf or something? :facepalm:No offense, but gosh we stated several times, THE ROSTER IS NOT FULLY UNLOCKED.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Honestly, there were many others I was rooting for. Only ones that made it are Rosalina and Shulk. Maybe it's because they (hype 3) were "givens" in brawl, then not included, and this time the mindset of the community seemed to be "ok, this time they're in for sure". Especially with Sakurai trolling (all the Ridley hints while refusing to deconfirm him; the Kremlings being featured in the game; doing a blatant Mewtwo tease during the Greninja announcement trailer). It just seems like those three should be core parts of the roster by now, but instead they're being left off, AGAIN, for no real reason unless you count that Japan doesn't care much about them.

EDIT: I know, everybody is saying the roster isn't fully unlocked. But we don't know that. "The leaker said so!" Well, the leaker also said DLC, which turned out not to be true.

Last edited:

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
I'm fine with it, I got Shulk, and BJ/DHD will probably be fun. Obviously wouldn't complain if there was more to it, but I'm satisfied.

DairunCates

Smash Journeyman
There, I fixed it, I don't need your sass XD

But anyways, the Melee roster's bottom row was uneven from the rest of the roster. I don't see why this roster has to have all even rows.
For the record, I wasn't sassing you over the "square = rectangle" thing. I was just joking with the Triforce thing. I was legitimately pointing out that it's VERY easy to make any roster a rectangle because of how the math works out. Considering Sakurai has done them for 3 games straight and obviously enjoys his UI designs, I don't see why the roster wouldn't be some kind of quadrilateral shape. That doesn't confirm anything, but it does act as decent circumstantial evidence.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
EDIT: I know, everybody is saying the roster isn't fully unlocked. But we don't know that. "The leaker said so!" Well, the leaker also said DLC, which turned out not to be true.
Multiple leakers have confirmed the roster isn't fully unlocked, not only the lying one.

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
It's not technically all doom and gloom. Dark Pit is a straight up re-used model. The work load will be light on him meaning its entirely possible they were able to give him unique animations and attacks. It's extremely possible he'll be a Wolf/Lucas type of clone where his specials will be close to the original character but the A attacks will differ for the most part.

Looking at Melee's Dr. Mario, they've shown that doesn't matter in the past though... but they have a much bigger team this time around so I won't base my judgement/predictions entirely on the past.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom