• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LifesJest

Smash Rookie
I'm just going to throw out there that I had this idea where Pittoo would use the Pandora Claws from the game and used some of the moves/ projectiles that came from using them. Pittoo has a ton of potential to be a really unique fighter in this respect- y'know with the claws and fast movement/ poor range, but I honestly don't know how Sakurai would handle him. Sure he is paired in with the "clones-but-not-really-clones-but-maybe-Lucina-is group," but Pittoo is also Sakurai's child, and from the looks of it, if Pittoo would get a reveal trailer, it would be a sequel to the end of Palutena's.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
It seems, if this goes with the Ninka leak, then he will fight with ducks on his back. He won't really fight, the ducks will, hence him being called DUCK HUNT, not DUCK HUNT DOG.
Even then it's so hard for me to picture it without bursting into laughter. I'm totally stoked for him regardless though.
And Shulk goes without mentioning... ALL of my yes.

Bobomberman

Smash Cadet
I don't know what the debate is about the sonic costume honestly, the flash when he changes is entirely different from the ones we've seen (a considerably WORSE change) and as someone mentioned previous the sound does not match at all, there's no movement or even clicking for the thing. Also does anyone who played the 3DS demo remember which buttons changed costumes? I thought it was either the shoulder buttons or the select button. Either way it would be nigh impossible for that to be done without the game shaking even slightly or at the very least making noise, all while holding the camera, and something I really doubt they would have ANY reason to go to the effort of doing.

Honestly though Metal Sonic seems like a perfect candidate for an alt costume, but if it turns out to be one, this leak will still be fake IMO.

Edit:
for reference

Compared to

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I'm just going to throw out there that I had this idea where Pittoo would use the Pandora Claws from the game and used some of the moves/ projectiles that came from using them. Pittoo has a ton of potential to be a really unique fighter in this respect- y'know with the claws and fast movement/ poor range, but I honestly don't know how Sakurai would handle him. Sure he is paired in with the "clones-but-not-really-clones-but-maybe-Lucina-is group," but Pittoo is also Sakurai's child, and from the looks of it, if Pittoo would get a reveal trailer, it would be a sequel to the end of Palutena's.
I was wondering something along those lines. While he likely is a Pit Clone, I'd like to think he'll have at least one unique weapon from Uprising that Pit itsn't already using.

Last edited:

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
For people asking exactly how prominent Bowser Jr. is, here is a full list of games he's appeared in according to mariowiki.com

Main Series (meaning non-party/sports games)

Super Mario Sunshine
New Super Mario Bros
Super Mario Galaxy
New Super Mario Bros Wii
Super Mario Galaxy 2
New Super Mario Bros U
New Super Luigi U
Paper Mario: Sticker Star
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team

Spin-offs

Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
Mario Golf: World Tour
Mario Kart: Double Dash
Mario Kart Wii
Mario Kart Arcade GP DX
Mario Power Tennis
Mario Tennis Open
All Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games titles
Mario Party DS, 9, Island Tour, and soon to be 10
Fortune Street
Mario Sports Mix
Mario Strikers Charged
Mario Hoops 3-on-3
Both Mario Baseball titles

Just to give a basis to debate over

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
Meh, we can only wait. And the metal sonic looks bad, but so does the wario art, so I guess I can't be called fake yet.
Sakurai only adds on character from a 3rd party to be playable so I'm saying it now Metal Deconfirmed.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
If Sakurai didn't choose Chrom because he would be too similar to Marth and Ike, he wouldn't add Shulk in just to make him a clone. Of Ike. That's absolute fact.

Besides that, what's the point in repping a new series if you don't bring anything entirely unique and show what the series can do?

And another thing: it's both a **** you to the fans AND to Monith Soft, who we know are working on the game.

The only case I see is "art-swapping" stat-change Shulk, but anything greater than that is fine.

Anyone who ACTUALLY thinks he's going to be a clone character is an idiot. (I know, or hope the person I quoted doesn't actually think that'll happen.)
Ganondorf would like to say otherwise. :laugh:

Homsar3

Smash Apprentice
I find it funny that, as the most competitive player in my school, I'm getting incredibly hyped over silly characters that probably won't be really good competitively... I have a feeling this game will be better played "For Fun!" rather than "For Glory!"

neohopeSTF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
abcdefgf
Switch FC
SW-0259-5915-4107
I find it funny that, as the most competitive player in my school, I'm getting incredibly hyped over silly characters that probably won't be really good competitively... I have a feeling this game will be better played "For Fun!" rather than "For Glory!"
For Glory will have less lag online

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
Wow people play Smash at your school....Over here it's

download.jpg

Homsar3

Smash Apprentice
For Glory will have less lag online
...that's not exactly what I meant, I mean that, rather than worrying about frame by frame battles, and tier lists, this game will be more about enjoying yourself. I mean, Pac-Man looks really fun to play, but, from what I've heard, probably won't play well competitively.

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
...that's not exactly what I meant, I mean that, rather than worrying about frame by frame battles, and tier lists, this game will be more about enjoying yourself. I mean, Pac-Man looks really fun to play, but, from what I've heard, probably won't play well competitively.
How do they and everyone else know when we haven't gotten to play as all characters yet,. A trailer means nothing until you play as them.

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
Not too many people, but a fair number of people do actually play Smash... mainly my friends. But, yeah, the whole generic FPS thing applies here, too.
I'm gonna miss the old days.

When there wasn't a 5 generic FPS games coming out in the same month. (And when kids actually knew who Mario is instead of being no life's on Minecraft)

JCAndre

Smash Apprentice
Something about the CSS I haven't seen brought up. I've seen people say it's odd there aren't names on the portraits, or that it's odd the clones have their own section but thinking about those together makes it come together.

Those three particular clones look VERY similar to the original characters they were (most likely) meant to be alts for. Since they took away the name plates, they were probably separated to make sure the distinction between them and the original characters was clear.

Homsar3

Smash Apprentice
How do they and everyone else know when we haven't gotten to play as all characters yet,. A trailer means nothing until you play as them.
From what we've seen of the character, is what the basis for these arguments that I encounter, characters like Pac-Man will turn out to be a less practical R.O.B... but, again, I kinda like the idea of having characters that are fun to play as, rather than being better. It's not necessarily guaranteed, but any way you look at it, the game seems like it's more for fun... like Smash Run! Man, Smash-Fest got me SO hyped for Smash-Run

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I'm really bothered by the stage leak. I know I've mentioned this in other threads, but the fact that so many series only get a returning stage, and some series like EarthBound have no stage at all makes me mad.

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
From what we've seen of the character, is what the basis for these arguments that I encounter, characters like Pac-Man will turn out to be a less practical R.O.B... but, again, I kinda like the idea of having characters that are fun to play as, rather than being better. It's not necessarily guaranteed, but any way you look at it, the game seems like it's more for fun... like Smash Run! Man, Smash-Fest got me SO hyped for Smash-Run
I wasn't able to go to Smash Fest sadly but when I do download it on midnight I hope to enjoy it a bunch....Such a big island so little time!

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Something about the CSS I haven't seen brought up. I've seen people say it's odd there aren't names on the portraits, or that it's odd the clones have their own section but thinking about those together makes it come together.

Those three particular clones look VERY similar to the original characters they were (most likely) meant to be alts for. Since they took away the name plates, they were probably separated to make sure the distinction between them and the original characters was clear.
Good catch.

Homsar3

Smash Apprentice
I wasn't able to go to Smash Fest sadly but when I do download it on midnight I hope to enjoy it a bunch....Such a big island so little time!
Trust me, it's fun... I'm kinda worried though, as apparently the game hasn't sold enough at the nearest gamestop for a midnight release, and I prefer getting a physical copy...
HURRY UP AND PRE-ORDER, LOCAL AREA!

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
Trust me, it's fun... I'm kinda worried though, as apparently the game hasn't sold enough at the nearest gamestop for a midnight release, and I prefer getting a physical copy...
HURRY UP AND PRE-ORDER, LOCAL AREA!
Well I already have $40 in my eShop account so I'm ready to play that game all day.

Heck I'll bring my 3DSXL to school that day just to play it at lunch and free block!

I'm so hyped I could explode.

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
what about taxes
I've had left over money on my 3DS for a long time so I should be fine.

EDIT: Funny I don't remember eShop ever doing taxes...huh..guess it's been to long since I actually downloaded a digital game on there.

Last edited:

Bunny8093

Smash Journeyman
I don't know what the debate is about the sonic costume honestly, the flash when he changes is entirely different from the ones we've seen (a considerably WORSE change) and as someone mentioned previous the sound does not match at all, there's no movement or even clicking for the thing. Also does anyone who played the 3DS demo remember which buttons changed costumes? I thought it was either the shoulder buttons or the select button. Either way it would be nigh impossible for that to be done without the game shaking even slightly or at the very least making noise, all while holding the camera, and something I really doubt they would have ANY reason to go to the effort of doing.

Honestly though Metal Sonic seems like a perfect candidate for an alt costume, but if it turns out to be one, this leak will still be fake IMO.

Edit:
for reference

Compared to
About this, earlier someone mentioned there was transitioning problems between the switching of costumes in the leak, at that time I couldn't see anything but now I can. What the hell gives? It happens twice in the video. I'm so confused.

Homsar3

Smash Apprentice
Well I already have $40 in my eShop account so I'm ready to play that game all day.

Heck I'll bring my 3DSXL to school that day just to play it at lunch and free block!

I'm so hyped I could explode.
Thank god, it's my first year of high school, so I should be able to get away with bringing it to class... but with the midnight release, I plan on pulling an allnighter, and just getting my sleep between after-school, and 7:00... because I want my copy, and I want it first there, because I'm going to do everything I can to get all the characters unlocked ASAP, and that involves getting my copy first, and having a list of unlock requirements with me from the JPN version.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
I've had left over money on my 3DS for a long time so I should be fine.

EDIT: Funny I don't remember eShop ever doing taxes...huh..guess it's been to long since I actually downloaded a digital game on there.
At least in the US, you don't get taxed when you buy the card but it's added to your total when you download it.

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
Thank god, it's my first year of high school, so I should be able to get away with bringing it to class... but with the midnight release, I plan on pulling an allnighter, and just getting my sleep between after-school, and 7:00... because I want my copy, and I want it first there, because I'm going to do everything I can to get all the characters unlocked ASAP, and that involves getting my copy first, and having a list of unlock requirements with me from the JPN version.
Hey awesome it's my first year in high school also! I do feel a bit nervous tho but I think I'll be alright.

I'll have alist of how to unlock everything most likely because I wanna unlock everything and do everything...My god I'll put so many hours in that game it'll top Pokemon Y!

Homsar3

Smash Apprentice
Hey awesome it's my first year in high school also! I do feel a bit nervous tho but I think I'll be alright.

I'll have alist of how to unlock everything most likely because I wanna unlock everything and do everything...My god I'll put so many hours in that game it'll top Pokemon Y!
I was the first at that gamestop to get Pokemon X, and the only reason I wasn't the first to beat it was because of headaches, and the summer heat distracting me... I had to sit in a car for around an hour of gameplay...
but seriously, the characters I'm going to try to unlock ASAP are DHD, Pac, and Mii... if they aren't part of the starting roster.

Repiteo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Repiteo
Thank god, it's my first year of high school, so I should be able to get away with bringing it to class.
You kiddos are lucky. I wish I had Smash on the go for my High School years. That would have been a blast.

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
Taxes on the eShop are strange. I think they vary by state, maybe even county or something. In the zipcode I have linked to my account, I get taxed on the eShop - but my friend in Virginia and my friend in California don't :(

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
About this, earlier someone mentioned there was transitioning problems between the switching of costumes in the leak, at that time I couldn't see anything but now I can. What the hell gives? It happens twice in the video. I'm so confused.
I couldn't see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom